• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 10-11, 2014] Get On My Level 2014 - MLG Qualifier : Brawl/Melee (Toronto)

Jam

Smash Rookie
I'm a beginner, as in I've never been to an event before, so can you guys advise as to whether or not this might be appropriate for me?

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I'm a beginner, as in I've never been to an event before, so can you guys advise as to whether or not this might be appropriate for me?
I haven't been in the scene for long, and neither do I expect to make it far in the tourney at all. But you'll have a lot of fun playing and talking with other players. You should definitely come if you can, you'll have a lot of fun.

Last edited:

Jam

Smash Rookie
I haven't been in the scene for long, and neither do I expect to make it far in the tourney at all. But you'll have a lot of fun playing and talking with other players. You should definitely come if you can, you'll have a lot of fun.
Thanks so much for your help.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@ Inle~Orichas Inle~Orichas have you registered yet? Do you want to enter doubles and and let me pay you back? Or should I enter and have you pay me back?I want to register asap so get back to me quick pls

And @ Toronto Joe Toronto Joe can I add to my registration if I decide I want to enter melee?

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Yup, you'd just purchase another melee singles ticket on the reg page

And yeah i think this is a great event to be your first tournament, what better place to meet people and have an awesome time in the company of other smashers than a giant tournament :D I lost 2-0 in brawl to Kage at my first tournament, we all gotta start somewhere :)

Also guys, we might have to charge a small 10$ fee for spectators, the rooms capacity is 300 and it looks like were going to come pretty darn near close to that. Sorry if this is short notice for those who planned on coming to check out the event, I hope it doesnt detract you from attending!

Last edited:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@ Inle~Orichas Inle~Orichas im going to go ahead and register for our team now. You cqn pay me back the ten . 25 or whatever when I see you

And joe, I havent checked butnmake sure you post that on the fb page too

Last edited:

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Ok just posted on the book of faces

PS: big announcement coming soon hopefully :)

Last edited:

Britex

Smash Apprentice
With a big event like this, you probably won't make it very far, but you'll get to play lots of quality friendlies during the whole day, which is fantastic for a newcomer. It seem like my friends are choking right now, so I might not be able to go :(

Also, if I team up with a lvl 9 computer for melee, do I have to pay for him too?

D

Deleted member

I have a question, if we don't have a printer to print our ticket can we just show our iphone with the email?

Here what it looks like:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jam

Smash Rookie
I screwed up and didn't buy a ticket in time, so just to clarify, it's fine to just show up and register on the 10th?

Youngril

Smash Rookie
Hey! I missed the registration just by a little bit. Is there a way I can still get the ticket besides at the door?

Zanguzen

Smash Lord
If I've already preregistered for Melee singles, and plan on potentially registering for doubles at the venue, do I still have to pay an extra $10, or is that fee waived since I'm already preregistered for one of the events? I only ask because I'm not sure if I'll have a teammate, and I won't know until I arrive.

Mimico

Smash Rookie
Just wondering:

If we bought a ticket online but show up and the venue is full, what happens?

Zanguzen

Smash Lord
Uh if I come to this who wants to play teams with me?
Hey DoH, I believe Kage was looking for a teammate on the FB thread. If you can't end up finding someone good, I'd be glad to team with you, though I'm not very good in teams. Still looking for a teammate myself regardless. Anyway, gl and let me know if you end up not finding a suitable partner!

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Important update regarding the schedule, please read!

9:30-10:30 IRL registration+check in
11:00am | Brawl Singles Pools Wave 1 Begins
11:00Am | Melee Singles Pools Wave 1 Begins
2:30pm | Melee Singles Pools Wave 2 Begins
3:00pm | Brawl Singles Pools Wave 2 Begins

MAKE SURE YOU ARE AT THE VENUE BY 10AM IF YOU PRE-REGGED ONLINE, 9:15 IF YOU ARE WAITING FOR THE LINE UP OF IRL ENTREES !

OllyD

Smash Cadet
NNID
Armitada
Important update regarding the schedule, please read!

9:30-10:30 IRL registration+check in
11:00am | Brawl Singles Pools Wave 1 Begins
11:00Am | Melee Singles Pools Wave 1 Begins
2:30pm | Melee Singles Pools Wave 2 Begins
3:00pm | Brawl Singles Pools Wave 2 Begins

MAKE SURE YOU ARE AT THE VENUE BY 10AM IF YOU PRE-REGGED ONLINE, 9:15 IF YOU ARE WAITING FOR THE LINE UP OF IRL ENTREES !
Awesome! Quick question how many people per pool?

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I have other plans on Saturday, but they're in Toronto, so I'll probably show up that evening/maybe Sunday for friendlies

prommac

Smash Rookie
NNID
prommac
Hey guys I have a question. I forgot my controller in my apartment at University, is there any way I could buy a new controller at the tournament?

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Ok, before you guys upload the scores, me (Cozy) and SCA did not lose to Pokefan23 + SS_Bigo, they actually got DQ'd for not showing up. I spoke to you guys about 3 times, told you our tags 5 times and made me and my partner wait 2 hours before you told us they got DQ'd, not to mention that the teams bracket got messed up because you forgot to include part of the bracket. We were the ones who lost to Tect + Juggleguy. All I ask is that you get the results right.

http://challonge.com/gombles

Top Bottom