• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mature Religious Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid Icarus

Angel Guard
BRoomer
A bullet can not kill him first of all, he will not be mortal when he returns. Next, he let those things happens, he even knew Judas would betray him, but let him, because he knew of his future and let himself die for our sins to be forgiven........

SnorSnor

BRoomer
BRoomer
People grow in an area and are given beliefs to live by since they are just babies, how can they think in any other way?<hr></blockquote>

Well, in the Bible, it says to raise your child and grow in the Lord. This is why people always raise their babies in the Christian belief.
And something I read... they said if people constantly, constantly reject Christ when given the chance to repent, then God will harden his heart beyond salvation. Another reason why they are raised up in Christainity, because they are first presented to it, and accept it, because their hearts are soft, and not hard like people who have repeatedly not believed. Now this doesn't mean they'd forever be Christians. Even me, who was raised a Christian, and I strayed very much off the path. Now, today, when I look at my past self, I can't explain I was such a person.
It's not so exactly the parent's choice to have you become a Christian, but your own. The child who is raised a Christian can decide if he wants to stay, or not.

Hope that helped for that question :D

Also, when reading the Bible I see some contradictory points. As I have always heard, God is loving and forgiving. But in the Bible it tells of God punishing people for doing things that aren't even half as bad as people do nowadays.<hr></blockquote>

Yes, God is loving and forgiving. It's actually the main reason He sent Jesus, because He is so loving and forgiving! :)

And, it may seem like people like Osama are getting away with what they did. They aren't. In the end, it says, God will judge everybody by what they did in this life, and their final destination and punishment is hel1.
God still punishes people today. I heard, from a Christian I know, that he was mocking this one preacher on how he said "Yahweh." Next thing he knew, his back was thrown out for the next week, and, he said, never mocked another person again. And in the Bible it even says God punishes those He loves.

So we can see that God does still work today, punishing people for things. It may not be raining fire and sulfur, but God has His own ways of doing things.

and Galileo being kept away from his studies just because a non-geocentric universe can't be possible.<hr></blockquote>

Personally, I think what happened to Galileo was crazy =/

Your Jesus comes again, and I decide to grab my 50. and blow his head off his shoulders. Will it kill him? Will he dodge the bullet or will some miracle save him?<hr></blockquote>

Good question. It says Christ is now glorified, immortal, imperishable, incorruptible. So now, a bullet will not hurt Him. Nothing will.

He new that Judas was going to betray him and yet he did nothing.<hr></blockquote>

Actually, Jesus had to be betrayed by one of His friends, because this was fulfillment of a Messianic prophecy. If Judas didn't betray Him, then Jesus wouldn't have died for our sins, and God's entire plan would've fell to the ground, because a prophecy hadn't been fulfilled. But since He was betrayed, God's plan is still up and running.

Cya. Going to do school now :)

MasterOfTheSwords

Smash Apprentice
A very interesting comment has been made...I'll be posting about it soon:
A small question. Your Jesus comes again, and I decide to grab my 50. and blow his head off his shoulders. Will it kill him? Will he dodge the bullet or will some miracle save him? He new that Judas was going to betray him and yet he did nothing. He new the Romans were coming and yet he stayed. Will he stay for the bullet that he knows will end his life? How will he be resurrected? The first time he kept the wounds of the crucifixion, will he lose his head? And importantly, how can he be the second coming if he is dead? <hr></blockquote> And I thought legalizing drugs was ridiculous...

Mad Mario

Smash Journeyman
Also, when reading the Bible I see some contradictory points. As I have always heard, God is loving and forgiving. But in the Bible it tells of God punishing people for doing things that aren't even half as bad as people do nowadays. <hr></blockquote>

God, by punishing us, actually is showing that he cares for us. If we never were punished for our wrongdoings, we would never learn. God is concerned for how we live our life and how we make it worthwhile.

para trooper

BRoomer
BRoomer
And Crono....god doesnt make bad things happen. We cant keep blameing him for everything...if; you got a bad grade on a test do you say "why God"?

Kid Icarus

Angel Guard
BRoomer
I guess the fact is that everyone has their own belief, and we shouldn't critcize each other about it.......

O'dul

Smash Journeyman
amen kid

but comeon no one can tell you he is up there nor can they tell you that he isnt... there is alot to this religious thing... but if i have to say something it is that man made god so they would know whats out there...(easy way out dont you think)

[ December 10, 2001: Message edited by: O'dul ]</p>

E-Oreo

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by Mario27:
<strong>

i am a christian. my god allowed this because we have sinned and have deserved it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

yes

E-Oreo

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by Kid Icarus:
<strong>A bullet can not kill him first of all, he will not be mortal when he returns. Next, he let those things happens, he even knew Judas would betray him, but let him, because he knew of his future and let himself die for our sins to be forgiven........</strong><hr></blockquote>

I agree agian

Kid Icarus

Angel Guard
BRoomer
Basically, if you want to say something about religion, make sure it doesn't offend anyone!!!!!

E-Oreo

Smash Apprentice
Hey crono i guess people decided to come back after all but I still don't think this is a good topic even if you did manage to keep it sain.

O'dul

Smash Journeyman
lol sorry kid but i hate peps like that... hold back what they want to say cuz someone mite get mad about it... i wish we all could say what we want all the time...(he!! all my frinds do) like my one frind he says he hates all ****... i think he is jokeing but still its funny...

[ December 10, 2001: Message edited by: O'dul ]</p>

E-Oreo

Smash Apprentice
Ok the i'll say what I think, I think people can belive what they want and it isn't right to try and change there minds about there religion, I think we should all leave this topic alone.

MasterOfTheSwords

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by Gamer4Fire:
A small question. Your Jesus comes again, and I decide to grab my 50. and blow his head off his shoulders. Will it kill him? Will he dodge the bullet or will some miracle save him? He new that Judas was going to betray him and yet he did nothing. He new the Romans were coming and yet he stayed. Will he stay for the bullet that he knows will end his life? How will he be resurrected? The first time he kept the wounds of the crucifixion, will he lose his head? And importantly, how can he be the second coming if he is dead? <hr></blockquote> Here's the explanation. Satan has immersed the earth and those who are not saved in the idea that a spiritual world cannot exist. It's true. God cannot be scientifically proven to exist, he exists in our present lives by faith and intervention by the Holy Spirit. Anyways, here's a general analysis.
Your Jesus comes again, and I decide to grab my 50. and blow his head off his shoulders. Will it kill him? <hr></blockquote> No. Jesus came to earth in human form, so that he COULD die on this earth to forgive us of our sins. He resides on his throne where He prepares for His Second Coming, when the Great Tribulation and the Antichrist will corrupt and destroy the world. All believers will be taken up by God before this, and event commonly known as the Rapture. Not even Satan himself could prevent His perfect plan, let alone a mere mortal like yourself.
He new that Judas was going to betray him and yet he did nothing. He new the Romans were coming and yet he stayed. <hr></blockquote> Jesus came to the earth so he could die for our sins. That simple.
Will he stay for the bullet that he knows will end his life? <hr></blockquote> I'll say this for you again, you cannot kill Jesus. Actually, I don't understand how that works, I mean, you getting out your "50" and "blasting God's head off". You wanna explain that? Many people who opposed Jesus tried to do the same general idea that your suggestion of "blowing His head off" implies. In one example, and entire mob had gathered to kill Him. Jesus just looked at them, and not one person moved or spoke. Nobody. He will not die until He knows it's time. You're a laugh. Kill Yahweh? In ONE second, the entire earth could buckle under the glance of the Lord. But he doesn't. That's called grace.
How will he be resurrected? <hr></blockquote> Boy, you don't know when to stop repeating yourself Gamer4Fire, do you? AGAIN, and just for you, I'm gonna say this: YOU CAN'T KILL GOD. You can't! What, you think you're gonna just zap yourself into Heaven and open fire? As a little appetizer, I'm going to let anybody who doesn't already know this in on a little secret: Satan exists only because the Lord allows it. Again, the word is "grace". But when the seven year Tribulation ends, he will be cast into the Abyss for a thousand years, a place of pain and torment. But after that time, he must be released for a little while. But for those who have not been saved by our God, you won't have to worry about being around after the Tribulation...I'm not one to judge you, so I won't say it. But I think you can figure out where non-believers go. The truth hurts. A lot.
The first time he kept the wounds of the crucifixion, will he lose his head? <hr></blockquote> ...what?
And importantly, how can he be the second coming if he is dead? <hr></blockquote> Two words: He's not. But you're going to want more detail, so I'll appease your little request. Jesus never died! He can't die. Jesus never had no Beginning, and will have no end. It may be difficult for you to understand, but in simpler terms, he never STARTED anywhere. He's always been here, there...everywhere. Infinite. He came to earth in a human form so he could shed his blood upon the earth, and forgive us of our sins. Mkay? Anything else to say? Sure...the drug debate is gone, but Gamer, you're playing in my strong suit. :D

Gamer4Fire

PyroGamer
BRoomer
So you're saying I can't kill Jesus Christ. Okay, when he comes back, I'll blow his head off to make sure you don't have the wrong one, since if it's the wrong one, He'll be dead.

I'm kind of annoyed about this Judas had to turn him in stuff and the perfect plan stuff. If God know what we all will do before we do it, and it is already planned out, even and done then where does free will come into the picture? If it is already written then what I do is irrelevant since it was already known and I could have done nothing but that. If you look at it that way, there is no free will and there is no reason to be alive since everyone who were destined to be saved are already saved and those aren't are screwed.

That means that you don't have to type anymore about your sweet Jesus since those who are to be saved will find the right path on there own without your help. And that us heathen dogs cannot be saved so there is no point in you trying.

anannomous

Smash Cadet
Jesus rose from the dead in three days, though. So Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit are all alive. Also game4fire someone might get saved from our typing, so we should still reach out to other peeps....

[ December 10, 2001: Message edited by: anannomous ]</p>

Mike Larkenson

Smash Ace
To all the people who left this topic: You're leaving for the wrong reasons. In a debate, there are 2 or more sides. They argue and reason with each other. You people that left seem to leave because, well, there is an arguement going on.

No one has answered this question thorougly.

-7 days, "God" creates light, dark, the earth, all animals, some other crap, and finally humans(which are crap too).All in 7 days.
-Dinosaurs lived for a span of about a whole bunch of millions of years. Humans were not alive and would not come until waaaayyyyyyy after.

How does this work out?

MasterOfTheSwords

Smash Apprentice
Cheery little ray of sunshine, aren't you Gamer4Fire? This is fun...here we go.
So you're saying I can't kill Jesus Christ. Okay, when he comes back, I'll blow his head off to make sure you don't have the wrong one, since if it's the wrong one, He'll be dead. <hr></blockquote> *Shakes head*...Gamer, Jesus is returning to earth AFTER the seven year Tribulation occurs. AFTER. A-F-T-E-R. OK? Satan can't kill Him. A mob of mortal men couldn't kill Him. What the heck is some punk teenager gonna do? You live ONLY because God allows it. Just needs to point his finger at ya and *poof*. Little white bunny rabbit disappears back into his hat.
I'm kind of annoyed about this Judas had to turn him in stuff and the perfect plan stuff. <hr></blockquote> Is that so?
If God know what we all will do before we do it, and it is already planned out, even and done then where does free will come into the picture? <hr></blockquote> Good question. God knows what choice we will make. But we do have free will. Right and wrong. Yes and no. We choose, God already knows.
If it is already written then what I do is irrelevant since it was already known and I could have done nothing but that. <hr></blockquote> This is another matter too complex for one to comprehend without intensive study. We do have the choice. But God still knows. It's similar to how He has always existed, with no beginning or end. Only God knows.
If you look at it that way, there is no free will and there is no reason to be alive since everyone who were destined to be saved are already saved and those aren't are screwed. <hr></blockquote> Again, we have a choice, but God already knows the answer. He knows what's in our hearts, knows our entire lives.
That means that you don't have to type anymore about your sweet Jesus since those who are to be saved will find the right path on there own without your help. And that us heathen dogs cannot be saved so there is no point in you trying. <hr></blockquote> Gamer4Fire, let me tell you right now, ANYBODY can be saved. Ask Jesus into your heart, ask for forgiveness. Be sincere. Need spiritual support? Go to church. Join a youth group. Get Christian councilling. Trust me, it's a life worth living! :D

Gamer4Fire

PyroGamer
BRoomer
Why the dinosaurs existed before us?
Oh, that's easy. Carbon Dating is the work of the Devil. It doesn't exist, it isn't scientifically proven, yadda yadda yadda.

Did Judas go to heaven?

So you are saying that it has been written, it has been done, but us little mortals can undo it, and defy God. Yeah, right. You said he had a plan, that he knows what is going to happen before it does. How do you expect to change God's plan? Why not let the people decide for themselves?

You do not need to type for our sake since your Lord, thy God has already planned for what will happen to us all and the truly righteous are already on the path to salvation.

[ December 10, 2001: Message edited by: Gamer4Fire ]</p>

MasterOfTheSwords

Smash Apprentice
...I see. So going "yadda yadda yadda" is your way of denying the fact that you're fighting a losing battle? Has it occured to you that Jesus has possibly intervened at some point in earth's existence? There's a chapter in the Bible I'll post about tomorrow that proves dinosaurs were around in the time of Adam and Eve. Job 49...some of 50 too.

Mike Larkenson

Smash Ace
<strong>Why the dinosaurs existed before us?
Oh, that’s easy. Carbon Dating is the work of the Devil. It doesn't exist, it isn't scientifically proven, yadda yadda yadda.

[ December 10, 2001: Message edited by: Gamer4Fire ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

You, see that's the answer I know someone is going to say. I want a full detailed answer, because there are christians I know that believe in dinosaurs, and they shouldn't from the facts I gave them unless of course they have a reasonable answer.

Gamer4Fire

PyroGamer
BRoomer
Oh yeah, the great "Thunder lizards" were in the bible. I read about how they stomped Adam and Steve when they failed to procreate.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Mike Larkenson:
No one has answered this question thorougly.

-7 days, "God" creates light, dark, the earth, all animals, some other crap, and finally humans(which are crap too).All in 7 days.
-Dinosaurs lived for a span of about a whole bunch of millions of years. Humans were not alive and would not come until waaaayyyyyyy after.

How does this work out?<hr></blockquote>

well, considering the bible has a LOT of metaphors (I'm assuming), these days could actually be billions of years. that would make quite a lot of sense. especially in the order he made them. animals "that creepeth upon the earth" (dinosaurs) were created before humans were, in the bible.

so
day (bible) = billion years (reality)

thanks for pointing out the stupidest arguement against the bible....

(not)

the REAL problem:

God gave us free will. Then why did he make the "great flood". the great flood is like a big pencil eraser erasing one great mistake...mistake. mistake? God makes mistakes? hahaha, pretty lame for a guy who knows all.

anyways...
i have had enough of this discussion. i can prove almost everything thats been discussed in here thus far to be an invalid point. jeesus, someone close this ******** topic.

if you look at it

SnorSnor

BRoomer
BRoomer
<strong>Why the dinosaurs existed before us?
Oh, that’s easy. Carbon Dating is the work of the Devil. It doesn't exist, it isn't scientifically proven, yadda yadda yadda.

[ December 10, 2001: Message edited by: Gamer4Fire ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Carbon dating has known to give false results in dates. I wouldn't say it's of the devil, but more of an attempt to give an estimate of how "old" something is.
I have heard a funny thing about carbon dating though. A cocroach was killed, and carbon dating was used on it. The cocroach was said to be around... I don't know, 10,000 years old?

Also, yes, Jesus died, and Jesus was God. The only reason He died, was because He was in bodily form. If He weren't, then He wouldn't have died. He isn't in earthly form now, but heavenly. This is why He is immortal and imperishable and incorruptable.
So yes, in a way you can say God did die on the cross, but He raised Himself back from the dead. This was a one time thing.

However, "God" is merely a title for the three parts of God, who are God the Father, God the Son, and God the Spirit. Three parts, one God. Just like you have a head, body, and legs. Three parts, one body. Or take water, ice and steam for example. Three things that are totally different, yet the same!!
The Father's Name is "I AM," the Son's Name is "Jesus," and the Spirit's Name is the "Holy Spirit."

So, God the Son was sent by God the Father to die for our sins, and since the Son listens and does whatever the Father wants Him to do, this is why He died for us.

If you think deeply about it, it's pretty complicated... about the Trinity of God, that is.

Hope this cleared a little fog up :D

SnorSnor

BRoomer
BRoomer
God gave us free will. Then why did he make the "great flood". the great flood is like a big pencil eraser erasing one great mistake...mistake. mistake? God makes mistakes? hahaha, pretty lame for a guy who knows all.<hr></blockquote>

No, God didn't make a mistake. It says He was grieved He even created us, and He couldn't take the sin being committed anymore because there was so much of it. So, He took the only people He thought worthy to be alive, and killed off the rest and started over.

Remember, God is just and holy, so because of that, He judges those who commit sin harshly, because it's the thing He hates most.

[ December 10, 2001: Message edited by: SnorSnor ]</p>

jthm

Smash Apprentice
u christians sometimes act like FOOLS! always blabbing about your religion even in a video game site! sorry but im not supersticous like you scum. sure im fine w/chritianity but ive had it does everybody have to talk about it all the time!? and if you get peeved with me dont go tryin to dis me cuz im not the one joining a cult you hear me! :mad:

SnorSnor

BRoomer
BRoomer
<strong>Cockroach? Show me where you got that from!</strong><hr></blockquote>

I heard it from someone I know. I can't verify it for you. Sorry. It was probably false =/

Gamer4Fire

PyroGamer
BRoomer
If you're pretty sure it's false, why did you even post it? To show that you put out incorrect data? So no one will believe what you say?

And if He knew that the people would become corrupt, why even create them in the first place? So much for perfect and all knowing.

SnorSnor

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you're pretty sure it's false, why did you even post it? To show that you put out incorrect data? So no one will believe what you say?<hr></blockquote>

I never said it was true. I said I heard a funny thing about carbon dating, and then I posted it.

And if He knew that the people would become corrupt, why even create them in the first place?<hr></blockquote>

Because He chose to. I don't know, I don't have His mind =/ I guess because He still wanted to have the original plan He had before when humans were first created: To have perfect fellowship with His creation.

SnorSnor

BRoomer
BRoomer
<strong>He failed. That is not the act of a perfect being.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I did say I don't know exactly. So for all I know, I could be wrong.

But you don't know exactly what God wants, do you? =/

[ December 10, 2001: Message edited by: SnorSnor ]</p>

Gamer4Fire

PyroGamer
BRoomer
Isn't what he wants written explicitly in the Bible? Isn't it all self explanatory? Shouldn't you know what your God wants?

SnorSnor

BRoomer
BRoomer
<strong>Isn't what he wants written explicitly in the Bible? Isn't it all self explanatory? Shouldn't you know what your God wants?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes, I do know some things God wants. Everything He exactly wants? Not really. But I'm sure if I read in some places in the Bible I could learn more of what He wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom