• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Thread Export: Wario

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
utilt kills earlier, usmash does more damage/is easier.

below kill % i either bair, fair, or dair for damage. (bair can chain to more stuff)

dair sets up for potential re-grab

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
utilt kills earlier, usmash does more damage/is easier.

below kill % i either bair, fair, or dair for damage. (bair can chain to more stuff)

Yeah I forgot that Bair kills before U tilt and U smash if you Get CG'd up till the ledge. Depends on the stage as well (how close the blast zones are).

Dair might set up for a potential Bair or Fair. That's with Bad/No SDI. I'm not buying the re grab.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I like everything Ling Ling has said. SH bair leaves more openings than FH bair, btw, b/c of landing lag. I know it's a different character, but I'm just giving an example. One of my favorite ways to land wafts on MK is airdodging through their sh fairs into buffered waft, which will hit them during landing frames.

Ling Ling is mentioning that if you do nothing but SH bairs, we will obvious hit you from above, where you are vulnerable, with a FH dair. You can't "react" when you're already committed to your bair. We can also sheildgrab bairs on our shield.

I honestly don't think aircamping works in this matchup, but I consider it even for everything the Puerto Rican has outlined :p You're talking about predicting the dude's moves, CO, which isn't related to matchup, but to you being good, lol.

Besides, I'll gladly take the fair/bair damage trades, as our sole purpose is getting you offstage, and every bit of damage makes that easier for us. When you're offstage we can use dairs/invincible nairs from the ledge/footstools/whatever to get you to use up your jumps and then up b for a free waft and death, or upair, or a fsmash to reset the offstage positioning, etc.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
SH bair leaves more openings than FH bair, btw, b/c of landing lag
They are auto canceling them.

You can't "react" when you're already committed to your bair. We can also sheildgrab bairs on our shield.
Except, 1, they are autocancling them, and 2 the ending lag on bair is barely existent at all.
If you full hop upair, there is plenty of time to uptilt.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Barely existent at all is enough for Wario to punish. There are many moves with barely any lag or that are autocanceled that "keep Wario" out, and there are ways around them (see, Marth's fair, and ICs nair/bair) and to punish them.

CO18

Smash Hero
Phantom X theres no lag its not like Im fast falling the bair or anything there is litreally no difference in lag whether I was full hopping or short hopping.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested on reading what Fiction has to say about the match up.

I for one thought it was impossible against DDD untill he sat me down and explained it to me. I can't beat his DDD more than he can beat my Wario, but I don't loose agaisnt people that second or third him and use him just to counter me.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Eh, it was a little bit antagonizing, and I really didn't feel like getting into a big discussion the day before school starts and I have to wake up at 8, lol.

Also, SHHH. Other people can't tell that we've deleted things.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
you guys are foolish for not listening to seibrik and co18 (to a lesser extent)

i swear, the d3s that lose to warios have to be brain dead (or they're on brinstar)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
First off, don't throw Waddles in this matchup. They are close to useless against Wario.

It's possible frame wise for Wario to punish Dedede's SH Bair. You wait outside it's range, and poke Dedede with Fair as the move ends. Dedede cannot Dodge it. It's not very easy to do this as Wario, but it gets around Bair. Another way to get around it is to shield it and then just counter it (Bair on Wario's shield is pretty much a guaranteed punishment unless Wario reacts too slow).

Neutrals, Wario wins on BF, Smashville, and Lylat/PS1 if they are neutrals. He loses on FD and YI (YI might be 55:45 or even though, not sure it's a weird stage that neither character really loves that much).

Wario wins on his CP's, Dedede wins on his. 55:45 either character.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I can already beat PT and ZSS though lol. If Dedede really is that bad, I'll still be gay and CP you with a character Dedede will lose to guaranteed :)

Lol super gay I know lol.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I don't care much.

Too me theres no garunteed loss with ddd.

and u talked about neutrals, and thats where im gona beat you, so have fun winning ur 2nd match(maybe)

if i feel its that bad, i'll cp *** you with either a horrid stage for the character u dont main, or do the nasty and MK yo *** if u choose to stay that horrid character u dont main.

GG

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I don't care much.

Too me theres no garunteed loss with ddd.

and u talked about neutrals, and thats where im gona beat you, so have fun winning ur 2nd match(maybe)

if i feel its that bad, i'll cp *** you with either a horrid stage for the character u dont main, or do the nasty and MK yo *** if u choose to stay that horrid character u dont main.

GG
DMG doesn't really main anyone, though, so that second option is null.... he basically just plays as whoever he feels like playing gay with at the time.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
DMG doesn't really main anyone, though, so that second option is null.... he basically just plays as whoever he feels like playing gay with at the time.
Correct.

Also Seibrik... don't go MK... If you do, I will let you hit me with Fair on purpose just so I can SDI it closer to you and into the ground, tech it in place, and fart.

I'll also do it to Dsmash and Ftilt.

Seibrik if we were to play on neutrals, that just gives me an incentive to play gayer.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
so much hatin'. i honestly hate versing any wario, such an annoying character :/

my question is how could you play gayer, you cant get any worse than choosing wario :D hehe jokin around.

P.S. why so serious?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
would that still work if i were full hopping fairs?

i assume u mean sh fairs
Full Hop Fairs I can actually SDI the same, and instead of a tech I would Double Jump --> Whatever Aerial would hit you. If you were being REALLY tricky and say, Delaying Fair towards a later part of the full hop where you would be able to Fast Fall, I would probably either just SDI out and away from you or I would see you full hopping and approach you from an angle closer to the ground.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If I SDI hard enough, I can still do it. Retreating Fairs are obviously easier to SDI away from, but getting close enough inside is a bit harder. Still manageable, but if it is Full Hopped and covered with a timely Fast Fall once you realize I am about to SDI through, it covers it well enough that I can't reasonably punish it except with EXCEPTIONAL SDI combined with something retardedly fast like Nair. SH Fair is still a better Walling/spacing tool that Full Hopped Fair even if I can punish it easier than Full Hopped ones since Full Hopped Fairs leave MK too open afterwards and give Wario the dangerous chance to get under MK or gain a lot of ground for free.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
LOL are you guys really arguing over stupid things of how your "match" is gonna go down?

**** son, seibrik's just gonna punch you out cause he's black

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Correct.

Also Seibrik... don't go MK... If you do, I will let you hit me with Fair on purpose just so I can SDI it closer to you and into the ground, tech it in place, and fart.

I'll also do it to Dsmash and Ftilt.

Seibrik if we were to play on neutrals, that just gives me an incentive to play gayer.
That's just gay. I must learn this.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Serin is taking over this thread so I'm bumping it.

Top Bottom