• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Rediscussion: Zelda vs Peach

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Also! I'm just curious that sometimes Sheik's Usmash doesn't send them upwards but often in a very horizontal angle allowing them to survive even at supposed kill percents - is this the opponent just DIing it or is the Usmash not fully sweetspotted or whatever it's called?

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Also! I'm just curious that sometimes Sheik's Usmash doesn't send them upwards but often in a very horizontal angle allowing them to survive even at supposed kill percents - is this the opponent just DIing it or is the Usmash not fully sweetspotted or whatever it's called?
Sheik's Usmash has two different hitboxes. The tipper (the "sweetspot") that hits when her hands are together above her head (frame 11) and the sourspot that hits when she brings her hands down (frame 13).

The sweetspot sends them directly upward when not DI'ed and can be DI'ed to about 30 degrees away from vertical. The sourspot sends them diagonally away at about a 45 degree angle and can be DI'ed to go almost horizontal if the opponent chooses.

So to answer your question, you're probably seeing the sourspotted Usmash when they get almost purely horizontal knockback.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
gahhhh this matchup is tougher than i thought

i lost very hard to this peach player on wifi simply because she knew how to nair the din's fire... it became really hard to space her since she didnt feel pressured at all

man i need to practice up with zelda more

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I can give out Peach practice on wifi for those that want it. I need to get use to this match up once again. it's one of the few marches I forgot how to handle.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I can give out Peach practice on wifi for those that want it. I need to get use to this match up once again. it's one of the few marches I forgot how to handle.
peach vs. Zelda or peach vs. sheik.... or both?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
gahhhh this matchup is tougher than i thought

i lost very hard to this peach player on wifi simply because she knew how to nair the din's fire... it became really hard to space her since she didnt feel pressured at all

man i need to practice up with zelda more
C"mon man you need to step up your game your location should be the Red Line the grand line is old news my dude.

@Drk i'll brawl you even though I heard you're pretty laggy IDC.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Well just let me know when you wanna play.
did you...... did you just colour coordinate your text with your new avatar? (sweet avatar BTW)

and I can play now.

no promises about lag... you got AIM? it'll make this much smoother if ya do.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Drk Pch I'll play you tomorrow if you're free at all... I have a good bit of experience against Peach.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Any Peach players wanna play my Zelda? Hopefully by the end of it we can iron out the clear-cut things about this matchup for good.

Doesn't really matter who wins or loses, and as such I don't care about your playing skill.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i'll play you sometime SoR. make sure you come hungry though because there will be plenty of turnips to go around

Ocho should be an expert on this matchup soon, we play it almost daily

Top Bottom