• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Re-Discussion: Diddy Kong

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Pikachu SUCKS!! Therefor it's 60-40 k.
If he sucks so bad then why don't you come down here and show me the "Real" way to fight pikachu because apparently the #2 doesn't know **** so, plaese, "Enlighten" us.

gallax

Smash Hero
If he sucks so bad then why don't you come down here and show me the "Real" way to fight pikachu because apparently the #2 doesn't know **** so, plaese, "Enlighten" us.
o i sense a challenge.

hey adhd, if you promise to come down here FL will promise to hold a big tourney for ya and give ya a challenge. thats pika included.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
In this matchup, Pika is good until he gets caught by bananas. His trip animation is pretty brutal.

Watch out for Diddy's Fair. Pika might have a nice air game, but Diddy's Fair hurts a ton and if you are staying in the air alot he will try to get you with it.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
(Important bump)

So yeah, Pikachu is amazing at gimping diddy if they try to up-b from right under you. Grab the ledge, and fall of bair. If they try to wait it out...

on BF FF at the 4th Bair hit
on FD FF right after the 4th bair hit
on YI FF at the 4th bair hit
on Halberd (both) FF at the 2nd bair hit
on SV FF between 4th and 5th hit
on Frigate FF at the 4th bair hit (first side)
on Frigate FF at the 2nd bair hit (second side)
on Pictochat FF between 4th and 5th bair hit
on PS1 FF at the 4th bair hit

Keep in mind, if you do this early you will die, so if you aren't sure of when the 4th it exactly is, do it a little later than you might think.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
He's saying ledge drop, bair, and then fast fall, but don't fast fall too early or you'll die. Basically, hit his upb with your bair.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
He's saying ledge drop, bair, and then fast fall, but don't fast fall too early or you'll die. Basically, hit his upb with your bair.
*nods in agreement*

Do you have an idea for what to do when diddy is recovering from an angle?

Shurely

Smash Cadet
hmmm i know i've fallen through my friends upB before with a fair (only the tip hit him) and its stopped him from recovering. idk if it works well. i did it by accident once. It may just end up killing you though. you'd have to test. :/

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
hmmm i know i've fallen through my friends upB before with a fair (only the tip hit him) and its stopped him from recovering. idk if it works well. i did it by accident once. It may just end up killing you though. you'd have to test. :/
The problem with relying on fair is that if it doesn't hit it is a very short attack, and the diddy can easily time in between fairs. It is much harder to do this with bair since it lasts a lot longer.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Esam kept doing this to me in wifi friendlies, but I usually recovered if I waited it out, don't know if it was just wifi messing up the timing though =/

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Esam kept doing this to me in wifi friendlies, but I usually recovered if I waited it out, don't know if it was just wifi messing up the timing though =/
You getting through it made me think of when i could fastfall, which I wasn't doing on wifi. I need to test if when I fastfall it'll hit you no matter how far down you go.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
If he does his up+b low from an angle

You can wait on the stage and grab the ledge> fadeaway fair

if from directly below you can either bair the way ESAM described or do a fadeaway fair. (both from ledge, NOT THE STAGE)

Fadeaway fair doesn't need a fastfall and you can hit diddy with another aerial if he tries to recover again.

The reason you fade back with it is to avoid getting hit with the barrels. Also you'll stun diddy enough for him to just fall straight down in his lag animation. Don't just run off the stage and try to fair though. Most of the time that won't work. It's best to do it as you let go of the ledge.

You'll just have to get used to the timing and spacing of it. It gives you more control over the timing of it as well. Bair and fair are both good to use but you just have to know how to use each one properly.

It's fun to gimp diddy!!

Also if he up+b's on an angle, you can drop from the ledge and intercept the angle from below (at this point you won't risk being spiked by it) and uair

Shurely

Smash Cadet
Possibly important?

If diddy is recovering from a downward angle and u have invincibility frames on the edge (from just grabbing it or rolling off it), and diddy is aiming for the edge; he will hit the side of the stage and die. I did this to my friend last night a few times. i always seemed to be above 100 so idk if that matters for the roll but whenever he was just about to hit the edge i would roll and he would die. and after he caught on and started landing on stage, i sometimes could time it right to punish him.

i wasnt sure if this was known yet or not but i figured i'd let you guys know just in case.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It's just really unreliable because of pikachu's limited invulnerability frames. He has half that all other characters have, but he can also get off the ledge that much faster (I think its 12 frames less of invulnerability and getting off faster) so it is a ***** to time.

Shurely

Smash Cadet
It's just really unreliable because of pikachu's limited invulnerability frames. He has half that all other characters have, but he can also get off the ledge that much faster (I think its 12 frames less of invulnerability and getting off faster) so it is a ***** to time.
idk cause if you roll its really not that hard. this mostly works if he is farther away so u have more time to see him coming and its harder for him not to have to go for the edge. idk i didnt find it that hard. mayb it was just the diddy i was facing.

Top Bottom