• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchs of my link

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
wooooooowwwwwwww! That was some pretty crazy stuff you did, especially the n-air off the side, followed by the d-air back onto the stage. If you could land those bomb jumps, you'd be f*cking hard to beat.

Skler

Smash Master
Nice Link. Just one real piece of advise, don't spin attack so much. The attack is great at higher damages but you used it a lot when, if your opponent had DIed down or CCed, you would have been punished. Also if you spin a lot don't try to bomb jump, the spin has to be at full power for it to make a bomb explode.

It's always nice to see Links beating Shieks in tournies.

Pose

Smash Apprentice
You have a great Link =] really but you may need a little bit more shffl'd ana's because thats one of links strong points

Sheik Prowless

Smash Cadet
You are to slow with link and are to predictable with your boomerang try using shield grab more often it works great on fast fallers like Fox and Falco.

Deva

Smash Lord
Very nice Link. My only adivce is to stay mobile. Your Link has great tech skill but there are moments like when your opponent is off the edge where you just sort of wait there. Keep moving even if it is just dash dancing with wave dashing in place. It works as a pretty good mind game. Also a bit more jumping after your opponnent off the edge with a nair. Other than that good Link.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Good matches. I liked your tech chasing. The falcon wasn't too great offensively so you were able to get away with a lot of slow moves, but you should try to link things together better.
Many times you were just standing around and waiting for him to come to you, and although it might have worked a little in this situation, you should try to have as many options as possible when you do go for an attack.
So do things like boomerang and bomb techniques in between hits.
Also when you've landed a hit with an aerial or something, don't elt up. It's your opportunity to strike, and immediately shielding or charging a smash instead of going for quickly linked moves is usually not the best thing to do.
Pretty good though.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Do you mind of I just merge this topic in your other link video topic?
...Unless you want to create a new topic everytime you have some footage <.<

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Excellent job man, impressive. There isn't much to say about your Link that you don't already do or hasn't already been said. Good matches again, keep up the good work.

The one hint of advice that I have tho, is more general in playing w/ any character against any character. If both of you die at the same time, try to stay on the platform as long as you can, that way if you died after they did, you get to use your invinsibility frames more effectively.

Lightshade

Smash Ace
You have skill, the bomb technique really works. A couple of things though, the spin attack is a good attack to use when dealing with opponents that roll and or wavedash.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
Good Link. You capitalize on your opponents' mistakes very well. However, your compeition brings up a few doubts in my mind. Also, as one Link player to another, though, I have to say I have some minor critiques about your choices of moves.

I hate to talk about play style because I honestly believe that there is a range of how you can play a character. I hope you understand that these are just my opinions up for discussion. I am not trying to push playing styles on anyone and I am not claiming these as solid facts.

About your opponents...

I recorded videos myself. I have to say the main problem when I am trying to show how much skill I have is that I have to show my opponent(s) has skill his/her self. IMO, it's very hard to judge how good you are in your videos.

The first three videos you played against CF and Shiek. Those two characters can really combo the heck out of Link and I saw a lot of missed opportunities and poor executions of combos in the first three videos coming from CF and Sheik. Also to add to that, they were not aggressive enough and showed a lot of vunerbillities as a player, in which you were able to capitalize on.

The next three videos are better but still have just a few questionable situations.

With the Link vs Shiek, it's a better match. Two things I can say is the Shiek made some unlucky choices and could of punish Link better.

With a Link vs JP match, JP usually stays mid range and poke with a F-air or B-air, float out of your close range attacks trying to get you to retaliate afterwards and miss, and capitalize on your mistake. On the otherhand, Link would play at a distance with projectiles to limit movements and strike when the plan follows through or capitalize on projectile connections. The JP match your opponent was very close range. Most of the time, after the aerial attacks, instead of getting out of melee range, he landed and shielded withing melee range. The small stage forces some minor adaptions, which I think you did very well since you didn't have much room to create a comfort space to utilize projectiles to it's fully potential. However, I think that the JP player should of been very evasive. Very nice sleep punishments on your two openings, though. Since I don't play JP so I might be wrong.

With the Link vs Fox, hard to judge. Fox requires a lot of control. The Fox player is able to perform the shines well which obviously shows technical skill. He just wasn't able to control it fully which creates opportunities for you to strike. Which you did take advantage of.

Your choices of moves...

You manage your move lists very well. The only thing I have a doubt about is your Spin Attack and Hookshot on a few occasions. Even though you are able to land them I am a bit curious about in a few situations. Tech chase and ending some combos with the Spin Attack I have nothing to say. But there are situations where your opponents could of gotten out of range and punished or just ran into them. It works. So I guess this isn't really a problem since it connects. However, I would recommend you jump out of your sheild with a spacing sex kick/B-air when you block decent aerial attacks with decent recovery because with L-cancel your opponent should have the time to block or dodge.

Other than that, good predictions, counters, and juggles.

In all...

I say if you are a hardcore player...you're fairly good.

I say if you are a competive casual player...you're very good.

AkaGoodguy

Smash Journeyman
you seem to be getting very lucky man. you have a decent link, but the first 3 video were a little hard to watch. your link is a lil slow. your opponents seemed to suicide a little too much. but yes, you have good moves, keep it up.

Top Bottom