• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MATCH UPS....throw anything you got.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Besides fair, what moves could you bait with float, then punish appropriately?
Other than getting in one turnip, there's not much. Mario's laggy moves are basically nonexistant.

Do our laundry. Lazy Princesses...

gantrain05

Smash Master
i don't know specifics, all i know is that its pretty common for peach to bait moves with her DJ > Fair, and it seems to work alot.

also, im done with your crap mario, you stay out late every night and come home smelling like hookers and booze, get out of my castle ><

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
We'll probably just SH Double-bair. The ending lag doesn't give you enough time to actually use fair.

Maybe if you'd cook some time, we wouldn't go out every night for some real fun.
Put out more, we have yet so see a Mario Jr.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
i realize that =P i do regularly play a mario, im not saying that if you shield our Dair we are gonna be able to jump back to safety, im just stating basically baiting/approaching options.

i get a little carried away sometimes and go way off topic =P
k, as long as we're on the same page here :laugh:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I... don't know how to say this, Peachy dear.
You've gained weight. Lay off the turnips and Mr. Saturns.

:mario2:

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Here's what usually happens when a Mario is shielding and a Peach is floating:

1) Dair -> Dair. Shield pokes! YAY!
Mario Player option A: Shield breaks, boo..
Mario Player option B: Up B :D combo breaker ^^

2) Dair -> Retreat
Mario Player option A: Yay.. no more shield pressure..
Mario Player option B: Up B whiffed... ugh..

All bout mind games and knowing the match ups..? Lack of Mario players, not many people know of Mario's up-b out of shield, especially with it's invincibility frames. Lack of match up knowledge, Mario will win. With match up knowledge, depends on the players.

I did some friendlies versus Edreese way back then.. He was playing aggressively, and he couldn't really approach me well with the whole up+b out of shield against his dair and I would be in the lead.. then he starts camping and then started winning :[

And the whole Mario and Luigi thing.. I play both about evenly.. To me, Mario's more defensive while Luigi is more aggressive.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
All of Peach's aerial approaches can be beaten with either Usmash or upB OOS. Glidetossed Turnips can be caped. Also note that all the while you're being pelted with fireballs and quite possibly being approached yourself. Fludd can ruin FC'd aerials by screwing up timing and leave you vulnerable to the ending lag.

And who says we have to float. I clearly said we can float of just jump. And if you are talking about ending lag with Peach, None of Peach air moves lag due with getting hit with the fludd. And an upsmash is not beating a times Dair. Up-B is the only thing you got.

The point here is that Mario has options against everything you've mentioned. We're not saying that she can't get in, but we're saying that all of her attempts can be punished, and since Peach must approach Mario, this presents a problem.

No it does not, cause Peach is good at approaching. Also she can camp. Yes Peach can camp mario. Your fireballs stay grounded and don't go anyway in the air, my turnips on the other hand do. Air or ground I can take the turnips. So ether way having Peach go to Mario is not a problem at all when she has so many options to approach and they are all good.

You generally can't throw out an Fsmash against anyone and expect to land it, it takes a little tact and mindgaming. Keep in mind that Mario's Fsmash has a massive amount of range SS'd and is disjointed. Angled up, it'll hit Peach while she's floating, but her Fair outranges it iirc. ALSO keep in mind that Peach is pretty light, so she'll be dying pretty early even with momentum cancelling and DI.

See what in red? So that is not something to rely on in terms of kills. And from what I am hearing, that is about the only solid move kill you have on her. even if it is angled, You still can't really hiot her that well. She has to be close. Peach can float at a height where your Fsmash will not hit her angled and a Dair can still hit you. it's called evasive floating.

Let's also not forget Mario's Usmash which is especially important vs Peach because of its priority and KO power.

His Up Smash does not kill Peach that well. Been through it already. on and Yes, momentuem cancelling helps. Mario does not kill me under 100.

This, I agree with. Just don't rely on this or make it a staple in the matchup. It's an option, but it doesn't take much for Mario to Fludd Peach back onstage, meteor on his way back onstange, or cancel the turnip with one of the fireballs we'd normally be throwing out.

Gottas be on point and smart with that but ok

Fludd screws up FC'd aerials and is very effective at keeping Peach out. There's only a handful of Marios that use this offensively, but because spacing is so important for Peach, randomly throwing it off can lead to openings n such.

Again, peach does Not have to FC her air attacks. I am a spacing maniac. And when I space, I hardly FC. ask anyone who plays me. If fludd hits me while I jump, I just fast fall it and wait to se what you are gonna do, or just go on about what I was doing.

Again, Mario can't completely keep Peach out, but he DOES force her to approach. That's when the upB and Usmash OOS come into play, since they beat her aerial approaches. You can mix up your approaches, mindgame, bait, all of it during this little exchange, which is most of the reason why it's up to the player, and why this matchup should be even. Neither has anything groundbreaking over the other.

I can approach you by spacing so all that wont be easy to just do like that.

All of Mario's aerials have use OOS, especially Nair because of the speed. Aerially, Peach wins. I don't have any gripes about that. Grounded though, Mario has a few options against it, which is why Peach doesn't run all over Mario like you suggest.

I can space you like hell while grounded just like I can in the air. and to help with grounded spacing, I use her Dtilt to pull me back to w/e and bait moves or evade yours and punish.

Mario has to approach peach but Luigi doesn't? Have you fought a campy Mario before?

Bo camped me before, I stand by what I say.

Why are we even bringing this up?

Why do you guys keep *****ing about her ground game?

Who said her ground game was bad? It's NOT all that special. I don't even see it being THAT much better than Mario's, who doesn't have much to brag about on the ground. And if we're getting into aerials near the ground, as in SH aerials, Mario has a few amazing aerials as well. The greatest thing about her ground game is her glidetoss and the followups because they make for a fast and versatile approach. The fact that our cape alone counters this dulls the positives there. Again, it's enough for her to hold her own, but it's not enough to say "oh, Peach ***** Mario in the air AND beats him on the ground". That's just not how it is.
Someone wanted to know about her ground game so I explained it. And I keep hearing about the cape like it is your god. if you wanna depend on that, then get baited like space aniumals Reflectors when I have a turnip and GG. So seriously, you cape does not counter her ground game. A cape beating Peach for a match is the silliest thing I heard in this match up.

Yeah, we do have to predict when you're going to glide toss...the turnip in hand is a huuuuuuge hint though.

And this is where you get mindgame. Who says we always have to glide toss? picking up a turnip and having it in our hand is a mindgame in itself, and you just proved that by what you just said.

But you're absolutely right. It's not like Mario can wall Peach indefinitely unless your prediction is just insane. It's just that he has options, which is the most important thing in matchup discussion.

Ok

Explain. Her float isnt fast, so I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

Go to you and jump/float back, you swing, we punish. Baiting.

Our upB OOS is dangerous for the same reason Marth and MK's is. It prevents a safe aerial approach the majority of the time that the user is grounded. From what I understand, Peach has a huge problem with this because her primary approach method uses float. The only difference that I see here is that Mario ALSO has a projectile to force that approach, and cape to deal with turnips. For some reason though...Mario's upB OOS is much less of a threat...apparently.
Marios up-B can't Kill, Marths and metas does. If Marios up B is not critical, Peach is not going anywhere. She will just eat one coin and you are in her range for a possible counter attack. And with peach's spacing, you can be baited to Up-B and if not baitied, you will miss. (keep in mind I am talking about a Peach who can space well)

Besides fair, what moves could you bait with float, then punish appropriately?Other than getting in one turnip, there's not much. Mario's laggy moves are basically nonexistant.
Nearly all the stuff Mario would come at Peach with.

Something else I wanna throw out there, You guys act like Peach needs to float. No she does not If you see a peach floating all the time, that is a typical Peach for you. That is getting old and people know how to deal with thattypical playing. I Deal with that all the time in Peach dittos or if I play them with other characters.

You boys need to understand that Peach does not need to float and can beef you without it just as bad. Also, her not floating makes her faster. The way you guys sound right now to me, you have that typical Peach mindset in your head. Get that image out and Realize that Peach does not need to be floating to do her ****. Hence what I said early, I space like hell and I hardly float when I do it. As well as the other stuff that I do.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
And who says we have to float. I clearly said we can float of just jump. And if you are talking about ending lag with Peach, None of Peach air moves lag due with getting hit with the fludd. And an upsmash is not beating a times Dair. Up-B is the only thing you got.
Jump or float all the same, if you attack and we Fludd, you're going to lag, especially since Peach's aerials have alot of priority. If you're jumping toward us and we Fludd, you'll be pushed back. If you mindgame us into thinking you're jumping and you actually glidetoss a turnip, you'll STILL be pushed back along with your turnip. Only fully charged of course, and it's a reactive strategy, but saying that Fludd can't harm Peach for one reason or another is ignorant.

And if you're approaching with Dair, Usmash will beat it. The only aerial that beats Usmash every time is your Fair.

No it does not, cause Peach is good at approaching. Also she can camp. Yes Peach can camp mario. Your fireballs stay grounded and don't go anyway in the air, my turnips on the other hand do. Air or ground I can take the turnips. So ether way having Peach go to Mario is not a problem at all when she has so many options to approach and they are all good.
Peach can't outcamp Mario. That's not even debatable.

And I never even suggested that Peach was bad at approaching. I was saying that for every option she has to approach with, Mario has an option against it. She doesn't have an awesome DACUS like Snake to get close or an attack like G&W's Bair that beats our everything. She has float tricks, glidetosses, and a bunch of random mindgames. You must RELY on mixing it up against Mario, because if he predicts right every time, you aren't getting in. Against other characters, it doesn't matter as much that you mix up your approaches because they can't do anything about it.

See what in red? So that is not something to rely on in terms of kills. And from what I am hearing, that is about the only solid move kill you have on her. even if it is angled, You still can't really hiot her that well. She has to be close. Peach can float at a height where your Fsmash will not hit her angled and a Dair can still hit you. it's called evasive floating. His Up Smash does not kill Peach that well. Been through it already. on and Yes, momentuem cancelling helps. Mario does not kill me under 100.
Okay, let me get this straight. Your entire post is based around using spacing and baiting moves and everything as reliable tactics, but then you immediately dismiss our Fsmash which is disjointed and has ridiculous range/KO power because WE need to do the same to land it? Peach isn't the only character that can bait moves and punish them.

And Peach is light. Usmash won't be killing at 100, but it will be killing as low as your options WITH proper DI and momentum cancelling. And that's only in the event that Fsmash doesn't work out, which is doubtful since it beats nearly everything she has.

Speaking of killing, how is Peach even going to kill Mario? It's widely known that she has trouble killing, yet none of the Peach mains are mentioning it.

Gottas be on point and smart with that but ok
Same with everything you're suggesting.

Again, peach does Not have to FC her air attacks. I am a spacing maniac. And when I space, I hardly FC. ask anyone who plays me. If fludd hits me while I jump, I just fast fall it and wait to se what you are gonna do, or just go on about what I was doing.
I already addressed this. If you're TRYING to FC your attack and Fludd screws up your spacing, don't tell me that Peach will automatically compensate and you'll remain safe from punishment.

I can approach you by spacing so all that wont be easy to just do like that.
-_-

I'm sure you can Dark.Pch.

I can space you like hell while grounded just like I can in the air. and to help with grounded spacing, I use her Dtilt to pull me back to w/e and bait moves or evade yours and punish.
I wasnt saying while YOU'RE grounded, I was referring to the scenario where Mario is on the ground and Peach is in the air. I said we have options against you there. On the ground I think they're about even.

And this is where you get mindgame. Who says we always have to glide toss? picking up a turnip and having it in our hand is a mindgame in itself, and you just proved that by what you just said.
By that logic, Mario merely having the ability to reflect projectiles is a mindgame. You may think I'm waiting to reflect it but I don't and approach instead. Profit.

If you have a turnip in hand, there's only a handful of things you can do. If you just hold it, it doesn't matter whether or not you mindgamed me into thinking you would glidetoss it, because now the only difference in the match is that you now have a turnip, and I whiffed my cape...

...okay...now what?

If you were fighting someone like Luigi or DK, you could probably glidetoss without apprehension. Versus Mario, there's risk involved. If you guess wrong, you take the turnip damage and now you're suffering from the hitlag and you're right next to me waiting for punishment.

Someone wanted to know about her ground game so I explained it. And I keep hearing about the cape like it is your god. if you wanna depend on that, then get baited like space aniumals Reflectors when I have a turnip and GG. So seriously, you cape does not counter her ground game. A cape beating Peach for a match is the silliest thing I heard in this match up.
That's why you cape intelligently and don't spam it like a moron every time Peach has a turnip. I'll say it again, Peach is not the only person who can mindgame.

Who's to say I predict that you ARENT going to throw at turnip or something and I punish you for jumping backward instead? That's precisely why we don't bring this inane garbage into matchup discussion. Baiting and mindgames are down to the player. In matchup discussion, you can only argue facts and options one character has over the other. If you argue further, things get messy and inaccurate. You seem to be missing this.

Marios up-B can't Kill, Marths and metas does. If Marios up B is not critical, Peach is not going anywhere. She will just eat one coin and you are in her range for a possible counter attack. And with peach's spacing, you can be baited to Up-B and if not baitied, you will miss. (keep in mind I am talking about a Peach who can space well)
Okay, I'll give you this one. You CAN DI out of Mario's upB, which is effective since only the last hit has knockback. Keep in mind that this doesn't change the fact that approaching aerially isn't safe for Peach, especially from float.

gantrain05

Smash Master
well ok then, if you discuss a peach matchup and just entirely throw mindgames out of the situation, then pretty much every char has the advantage over her.

also, marios camp game is probably even with peach's although i do believe peach has a more versatile projectile to camp with.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
please do^^
Meh.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=206631

HeroMystic said:
As said before, you can camp with Fireballs. However, it takes more than fireballs to effectively camp. It also takes FLUDD, Cape, B-air/N-air, OOS options, and ledge usage. Fireballs can’t be needlessly spammed. Those will just be powershielded, which is why many say fireballs are a crappy camp projectile. However, Fireballs go in different trajectories from the air and when grounded, and you can also move backward and forward while using them. Doing this will break your opponent’s timing and rhythm and eventually causes them to take damage.

FLUDD is used to outright kill aerial approaches, in which fireballs don’t do so well in the air due to being affected by gravity. Approach killing and FIHL allows Mario to counterattack with aerials and perhaps Smash attacks. Cape can also be used as an anti-approach mechanism due to its properties and allows for counterattacks as well. Using both of these is essential for stopping attacks and in return not taking any damage. Cape is also essential to combat against other campers since it reflects projectiles.

When the enemy is so close that FLUDD won’t work and you won’t have time to pull out a cape, that’s when N-air, B-air, and OOS options come in. You use B-air to contest range, while N-air to quickly react to an incoming attack. Up-B OOS is best used when dealing with a multihit attack that outranges B-air and N-air.

Camping is essentially effective for Mario due to his superb gimping skills. This means he doesn’t have to wait until 150% to get off a kill. He can go up to 70% and then use a B-throw to throw the opponent off the stage. That’s when Mario can get a gimp kill off. If done effectively, Mario would have little damage and the match is practically in his hands.
I will admit that I dunno much about Peach camping, so I won't comment on how well she can camp, but Mario's camp game is very good and is comparable to Olimar/DeDeDe if applied correctly.

Mario's camping is not actually forcing an approach, but more used to shut down options that the only choices you have left is either waiting it out shielding stuff all day or to move in close for an attack.

Peach has Toad, Turnips, and floating as her camp tools. Toad is meh at best since the spores can in fact be caped as leaves her open to be attacked. Turnips were actually talked to death, and her floating can be shut down by full hopped fireballs, FLUDD, and of course Up-B.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Matador-

times Dairs are not being broken by Upsmashes. I would not be saying this if I have not been through it.

I never said Peach can out camp Mario. I said she can plainly just camp him.

I never dismissed your Fsmash. You or someone else is going on about how that moves is you main killing tool. And I am saying that is hard and if that is your only option to kill us well, then there is not much Peach has to worry about in terms of Mario K.Oing Peach. And for your Fsmash hitting Peach air. Have a Peach float at the right hieght and watch her Dair hit you and you not lay a scratch on her.

By that logic, Mario merely having the ability to reflect projectiles is a mindgame. You may think I'm waiting to reflect it but I don't and approach instead. Profit.

If you have a turnip in hand, there's only a handful of things you can do. If you just hold it, it doesn't matter whether or not you mindgamed me into thinking you would glidetoss it, because now the only difference in the match is that you now have a turnip, and I whiffed my cape...

...okay...now what?

Me baiting you to cape in thinking we will toss it is also a mindgame. This will go in circles so this does not mean anything. Also I can fight you both air and groun (thanks to bringing my air game to the ground) and still have the turnip in my hand with add on x2 of options I have to make you flinch with the cape or have you guess just what I am gonna do with that turnip and when I will toss it. Once I get a turnip, I already played a mindgame in you and it has affected your head. Cause now you need to figure out what I will actually do. I'm not just gonna toss it like that and make it obvious. Hell I might not even toss it at you at all.....or will I? So again, this mindgame stuff is just going in circles. So leave all this up to the 2 people in the match and who is smarter.

And most of the situation here I never said it would not work. But do to Peach's spacing and her range with 2 air attacks (Bair and Nair) all that won't be so easy. I create a wall On Marths with peach and that is hard but I even make it hard for Marths to hit me sometimes, so imagine Mario so only has Good and quick range on his Bair.

And for killing, Don't let her killing problem get to you, cause he has about 5 good moves to kill you with and if people use the strat I stated long ago to kill better, You won't be on the stage longer than you expect from Peach. peach has a hard time killing DDD and DK, Yet the fight is even for other reasons and there are ways she can deal with that.

Oh and for the 5 good Killing moves of Peach:

Fair
Bair
Fsmash (Pray to God you don't get sweetspoted with a tennis racket.)
Upsmash
Utilt

Uair too but depends on where in the air you are caught. So that is 50/50 for killing well.

Also I don't understand this:

And Peach is light. Usmash won't be killing at 100, but it will be killing as low as your options WITH proper DI and momentum cancelling

Famous

Smash Champion
lol, so much debate...All I know is that Mario is at a disadvantage in this matchup...Though the majority of the time when I play against a Peach it could go either way, the matchup is pure hell. Auto canceled Fairs into jabs, Dair camping...ugh.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I haven't played a good Peach player before, as all the ones I've fought were pretty easy to deal with. So I have no say in the match-up ratio.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Also what I am saying comes from experience on Bo (online) and boss (offline) I have also Played Both Mario and luigi. We actually talked about Peach vs luigi like last week I think. Luigi Vs Peach is even. And Luigi gives Peach a harder time than Mario does. So with all this at hand, I say its 45:55 Peach.

Famous

Smash Champion
Above average Peaches are hard to deal with...Dark.Peach, Azen and Hova are the only Peaches I've played that are above average...Haven't played others like Niko-K yet...

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Above average Peaches are hard to deal with...Dark.Peach, Azen and Hova are the only Peaches I've played that are above average...Haven't played others like Niko-K yet...
I got a chance to play Hova's Peach in friendlies at CoT4. He's got the best Peach I've gotten the chance to play.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I think we're seeing eye to eye now Dark.Pch, there wasn't much there that I didn't agree with.

I WILL say that there have been many random occasions where Mario's Usmash hit through Peach's Dair. The only times I find that Peach's Dair wins is when she hits first, which usually will happen if OUR Usmash is mistimed, since Peach's Dair is faster by a few frames. However, Usmash can be used in generally the same circumstances as upB except safer and a little more offensively.

Killing, I probably WOULD agree with about even, except Mario's Fsmash will be killing Peach around 100% (give or take 10%) if it lands even with proper DI. That's considerably lower than the options you've mentioned above, especially since Mario has great momentum cancelling too (fastest aerial is 4 frames).

Also, on what I was saying about Usmash, it should be killing around the same % of your best KO move. Keep in mind that it's a star KO too and much easier to land than Fsmash. It's usually a second best decision though.

Edit: Best I've played are Mikey Linetia, BentoBox, and you a few times Dark.Pch online. Offline I've played Hova and SSR.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
also, marios camp game is probably even with peach's although i do believe peach has a more versatile projectile to camp with.
Mmkays I didn't want to get involved with this debate, but Peach has a more versatile projectile? What's so versatile about plucking a piece of veggie out of the ground and throwing it? That is NOT even with Mario's. Mario's is a LOT more versatile and a LOT more spammable than Peach's. Fireball travels amongst the ground, and when short hopped it goes more of a distance, along with being able to spam.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
...This debate. Is still. Going on???

I'd like to contribute, but I don't feel the need, regardless of the Peach main I play on a regular basis (who is actually GOOD, thought I'd let that be known).

All I know is, when I started playing gay and defensive against him, I did tons better. Probably because he wasn't expecting it, but meh. I do tell him when I'm going to play defensively gay.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Mmkays I didn't want to get involved with this debate, but Peach has a more versatile projectile? What's so versatile about plucking a piece of veggie out of the ground and throwing it? That is NOT even with Mario's. Mario's is a LOT more versatile and a LOT more spammable than Peach's. Fireball travels amongst the ground, and when short hopped it goes more of a distance, along with being able to spam.
Don't sleep on turnips, you doing this can increase the chances of you losing to a Peach. People just don't know the many stuff you can do with them, the mindgames or what it can lead too. I could be here all day with this.

I had Marios play gay on me cause they knew I was the better player and could not beat me. So I switched up how I play to deal with how gay they play. When I did that, the battele just went how it should be for me and won it. Once Peach learns how to deal with a gay Mario it is not that much of a struggle. But I recommend that you do it if you can. cause even if I am better than the other player, playing like that gives Mario somewhat of a chance. Now it just goes on how smart the Peach player is. For me, I know how to deal with campy marios and ones who like to fludd for set ups. I have to me more aware and on point then usual. This also helps Mario kill Peach better and save his kill moves.

All tell you right now though, against a Peach that is above average (top Peach players in the USA) You will need to play gay but very smart and quick reaction. Be aware and mostly bait. And you boys were right when saying its good that you let peach come to you. Set her up for that damage, even if the match takes a while, but be patient. Set that princess up as much as possible. And when she is spacing you and creating a wall......dont **** with it. Just let it go. Peach aint having that. that is where you keep your cool, seek an opening or bait one and then take it as quick as you can.

For the ratio once again, I still say 45:55 peach. I think I am the only one though so I will be over ruled with my input on that. Not sure how this will be decided.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I've played against Edreese for a while.. and I recently played against Sky.. So I'm sure I know bout the match up as well :D

I'm not saying Turnips are bad, but that one guy was all "Turnips are better than fireballs". I'm just saying, Fireballs are better than Turnips :[

I do agree with you though, it's 45:55 Peach IF both players knows the match up and knows how to play..

Against an agressive Peach, Mario has the advantage.

Against a campy Peach, it's about even... But like I said, over all if both players knows the match up.. 45:55.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I've played against Edreese for a while.. and I recently played against Sky.. So I'm sure I know bout the match up as well :D

I'm not saying Turnips are bad, but that one guy was all "Turnips are better than fireballs". I'm just saying, Fireballs are better than Turnips :[

I do agree with you though, it's 45:55 Peach IF both players knows the match up and knows how to play..

Against an agressive Peach, Mario has the advantage.

Against a campy Peach, it's about even... But like I said, over all if both players knows the match up.. 45:55.
Thats one thing I disagree with you with.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Catching the turnip is the last thing on a Peach players mind or really not a big deal with the 100+ you can do jusat by holding one. People really sleeping on her turnip game, oh man.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I can do 45:55. Close enough to my opinion, and I've got what I needed from the discussion. Maybe Matt can wrap this up?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I did what I could. Other stuff I have is how Peach shoud handle Mario and what she should be doing to him. I can't talk about here for that is not what this is for. Some mario called in to get a peach players point of view on this and though I was a lil late. gave what I know from my Mario experience which is really good.

I got nothing more to say.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Dark.Peach you have to remember you are very good with peach, much better than most peach users. a matchup is the average user of the characters. You are speaking on your level, not an average person's level. If you can beat a lot of MK's or marth's. doesnt mean peach herself has the advantage.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I know that. I can Beat Marths NOW (and slowly beating meta, I use to beat him and now was on this time phase where I would lose to meta who were avarage or just spammy which I already know how to deal with) Yet I don't say Peach has the advantage. Snake is a chump to me and know how to handle that fool. I even learned how to outcamp the fool and **** him. Yet Peach does not have the advantage.

So lets not think that of me, cause I seriously don't if I know how to beat a character.

And when I speak of match ups, I talk on people on my level or even better to prove how much work or less work I have to put in depending on character. My mindset on matchups is always high level of play.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Dark.Peach you have to remember you are very good with peach, much better than most peach users. a matchup is the average user of the characters. You are speaking on your level, not an average person's level. If you can beat a lot of MK's or marth's. doesnt mean peach herself has the advantage.
Actually...EVERY matchup discussion is based off of the highest level of play. Meaning you can't base an argument off of "but if he screws up then we can..." or anything like that. We're not talking average, but best Mario vs best Peach.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
WHY. I wasn't told Dark Pch was here! How dare you guys finish up all the good discussion without me!

But seriously, good discussion...I dunno what else to say lol. Except that I guess I want to play a good Peach at Genesis haha.

Let's rediscuss another Mario character if we're up for it. Bowser maybe? Vs Bowser is a pretty fun matchup. It's one of those matchups where it seems someone gets ***** decisively.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
WHY. I wasn't told Dark Pch was here! How dare you guys finish up all the good discussion without me!

But seriously, good discussion...I dunno what else to say lol. Except that I guess I want to play a good Peach at Genesis haha.

Let's rediscuss another Mario character if we're up for it. Bowser maybe? Vs Bowser is a pretty fun matchup. It's one of those matchups where it seems someone gets ***** decisively.
lol, how'd I do A2?

We already did Bowser methinks.

Edit: I don't think I'll EVER lose to another Diddy again. Mario is too good in that matchup if you know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom