• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MATCH UPS....throw anything you got.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I haven't fought many Mario's who really knew what they were doing sadly so...meh, I'll do my best at saying things

Fireballs can be seen coming a mile off. PS'ing them is pretty simple...I don't see what's so great about them. They can be Toaded in the air. Her F Tilt/F Smash is good at stopping aerial approaches and her Fair outranges Mario's aerials (not too sure about his Bair, I know her Fair and Luigi's Bair are around the same range) and if spaced, will outrange his Up Tilt/Up Smash. I'm interested about the Up + B OoS sheild thing though. Like I said, I haven't played any really good Mario's so no one seems to do this to me. If Peach is Toad happy, use the Cape and it'll destroy them. Especially off stage xD

I'd like to say that Peach's ground game is actually better than a lot of you say it is. She's got Glide Tossing, a 2 frame jab and her ground game is a pretty good anti aerial game. She's got decent smash attacks and good tilts too

If this is anything like the Luigi match up, Peach won't want to be using Dair too much. She'll have to be careful with her Floating, space well and keep her distance. I agree with Mario playing defensivly

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
Peach's ground game is much better than most people think. Glide tossing, fast attacks, nice pivot grabs, and the ability to use aerials on the ground makes it so we can integrate some of our air game with our ground game. Our ground game outranges Mario's and it's hard to come from the air since most of our ground attacks just slap aerial approaches upside the head.

Mario's fireballs are nothing really. Mario relies too much on fireball approach to attack. Toading it is no problem. So if you get predictable with this, then It's easy keep the perverted Mario in arm's reach.

Oh Ricky, Luigi and Mario play a bit differently since Luigi has better approaches and better knock back than Mario. XD This in mind, Peach can play much more aggressively than with the green one.

Mario's should never reflect Turnips. The same reason like Zelda should never reflect turnips. You don't get distance with the reflected turnip, and it only is more or less a waste of a move unless you catch us in a forward glide toss. Then, Mario is a bit safer since our glide toss can turn us around and put us in a bad positions. In this match-up, it's more or less about who can space better, though Peach has an easier time with this.

55:45 favor por Peach

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I haven't fought many Mario's who really knew what they were doing sadly so...meh, I'll do my best at saying things

Fireballs can be seen coming a mile off. PS'ing them is pretty simple...I don't see what's so great about them. They can be Toaded in the air. Her F Tilt/F Smash is good at stopping aerial approaches and her Fair outranges Mario's aerials (not too sure about his Bair, I know her Fair and Luigi's Bair are around the same range) and if spaced, will outrange his Up Tilt/Up Smash. I'm interested about the Up + B OoS sheild thing though. Like I said, I haven't played any really good Mario's so no one seems to do this to me. If Peach is Toad happy, use the Cape and it'll destroy them. Especially off stage xD

I'd like to say that Peach's ground game is actually better than a lot of you say it is. She's got Glide Tossing, a 2 frame jab and her ground game is a pretty good anti aerial game. She's got decent smash attacks and good tilts too

If this is anything like the Luigi match up, Peach won't want to be using Dair too much. She'll have to be careful with her Floating, space well and keep her distance. I agree with Mario playing defensivly
I love it when people say it's so easy to PS fireballs. It's like saying we can just easily PS your turnips and see it from a mile away. But it's obvious that PEach's peeps are not gonna agree with that. or not :p. anyways I dunno what kind of Mario's your playing.. but they obviously arent approach artists. Fullhop fireball approaching can semi-wreck your float, alot of times we can end up behind you. Firreball's purpose is pretty much a distraction.

Oh don't come in here and say mario and luigi are the same. They're two different characters with different styles. Don't compare them what so ever. We've had past flame wars with that so mind you sir >.>

I believe reverse upair and bair will trade off hits. Dunno, that's what happened to me through experience. Ask bo x7.

OOS upb > peach's dair. pretty much straightforward anyways. I agree with the ground game thing, but I think it's not that far. It's more of a slight advantage in peach's favor. Mario has a stutter step fsmash ( pretty much outranges majority of peach's stuff) frame 2 jab as well, dsmash, other tiny things. But yeah agreed with you.

Peach's ground game is much better than most people think. Glide tossing, fast attacks, nice pivot grabs, and the ability to use aerials on the ground makes it so we can integrate some of our air game with our ground game. Our ground game outranges Mario's and it's hard to come from the air since most of our ground attacks just slap aerial approaches upside the head.

Mario's fireballs are nothing really. Mario relies too much on fireball approach to attack. Toading it is no problem. So if you get predictable with this, then It's easy keep the perverted Mario in arm's reach.

Oh Ricky, Luigi and Mario play a bit differently since Luigi has better approaches and better knock back than Mario. XD This in mind, Peach can play much more aggressively than with the green one.

Mario's should never reflect Turnips. The same reason like Zelda should never reflect turnips. You don't get distance with the reflected turnip, and it only is more or less a waste of a move unless you catch us in a forward glide toss. Then, Mario is a bit safer since our glide toss can turn us around and put us in a bad positions. In this match-up, it's more or less about who can space better, though Peach has an easier time with this.

Lol, if anything their about equal in approaching. In general, Mario is usually better bro in approaching, but whose asking for luigi here huh? :laugh: still 50-50 in my book. but then again ratios are so ****ing dumb these days

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
It's more of opinion 50/50 or whatever whatever, then a actual matchup ratio.

Peach has some things she can do, But so does Mario. Peach can get some hits in though, at awkward angles and predicaments.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?

Fireballs alone aren't much, but they're so easy to follow up with a grab, jab, or something of that nature. It forces you to react defensively and allows us to safely approach. It's not THAT good at camping even though it's capable, but for approach, there are few projectiles better. Also...I dunno about toading a fireball. It doesn't seem practical to me.

I think Peach's fair > our aerials, so she wins in the aerial game. The best place for Mario is on the ground where he can upB/Usmash through her Dair if she decides to approach that way, or cape back a glidetossed turnip. Fludd also ruin's Peach's spacing in particular and can help us approach.

Also keep in mind that Mario's KO power >>>> Peach's. Fsmash is disjointed and outranges alot of her attacks. Usmash beats all of her aerials. Fsmash should be killing around 100% and Usmash 125-130% with DI. Peach can gimp Mario semi-reliably with good reacing, but Mario has a meteor; the bane of Peach's recovery. I'd say near even in the gimping department, but for KOs in general, Mario gets the definite nod.

I'm not saying Peach's ground game isn't good, because it is. It's just not good enough to give her an advantage there vs Mario. We also have a 2 frame jab, 5 frame Dsmash and followups from OUR projectile to fight with.

You guys aren't saying anything that impressive about Peach's ground game. It's really just not threatening in this matchup. It's not enough to keep Mario out or make for easy approaches toward him. The damage isn't that great and nothing you do on the ground outranges our cape, SS Fsmash or Dsmash iirc. It's enough that she can hold her own against Mario on the ground and keep him from comboing her left and right, but the real threat that Peach presents is her aerial game.

Fireball is also not Mario's only approach. That's isn't even a big issue, especially since Peach will have to approach us anyway if things get rough and we resort to camping. If we DO approach with it, I highly doubt Peach's Ftilt or Fsmash is going to deter Mario, especially since we can cape stall and punish the lag.

Reflecting turnips resets the match. We don't take any damage, you don't take any damage, and neither one of use gain any ground. If you DO glidetoss the turnip or approach while throwing, it'll hit you. Also keep in mind that Mario's reflector > Zelda's. Less punishable ending lag, enabling it to be used rapidly. Caping a turnip doesn't leave us open for punishment.

Also, Luigi doesn't have an upB with invincibility frames to punish aerial approaches.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Just saying, Toad can be punished with Cape. And you might want to think twice before using Toad at high percents as not only does the Cape boost the power of the spores through reflection, you also potentially eat the hit of the Cape, which further amplifies the knockback.

Mario doesn't have huge trouble approaching due to his solid out of shield game. Any attack peach whiffs on shield is usually punishable with B-air or something else out of shield unless she was retreating the entire time.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Caping Toad is it's only real use in this match... if you've ever reversed a bob-omb, GG's. I've actually faced plenty of good Peaches. Only real problem is dair and fair, but you can just SDI out of dair to prevent any lolcomboes. It'd probably be more our advantage if Peach was capable, or if FLUDD did any good.

If you get caught under a wall of fireballs, it wouldn't do you any good to just sit there and PS every one of them. Mario can force you to approach, or do it if the player feels like it. Both of our ratios are gonna be pretty biased, since we're all convinced it's in our favor, but you all believe Peach has the advantage.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Well honestly, I've beaten more Peaches than I've lost to. Not just online by the way, I've played some in tournament. I don't just consider myself biased for my character when most of the stuff I talk about works for me. =/

Yeah like BO X7 mentions...you just play gay and defensive in general. Nail her with OOS Up-Bs when she goes above, OOS B-airs when she comes from the side, fireball camp, and when she's at a KO percent Up-smash or call any move and reverse F-smash, that's basically how I win this matchup.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
Fireballs alone aren't much, but they're so easy to follow up with a grab, jab, or something of that nature. It forces you to react defensively and allows us to safely approach. It's not THAT good at camping even though it's capable, but for approach, there are few projectiles better. Also...I dunno about toading a fireball. It doesn't seem practical to me.

I think Peach's fair > our aerials, so she wins in the aerial game. The best place for Mario is on the ground where he can upB/Usmash through her Dair if she decides to approach that way, or cape back a glidetossed turnip. Fludd also ruin's Peach's spacing in particular and can help us approach.

Also keep in mind that Mario's KO power >>>> Peach's. Fsmash is disjointed and outranges alot of her attacks. Usmash beats all of her aerials. Fsmash should be killing around 100% and Usmash 125-130% with DI. Peach can gimp Mario semi-reliably with good reacing, but Mario has a meteor; the bane of Peach's recovery. I'd say near even in the gimping department, but for KOs in general, Mario gets the definite nod.

I'm not saying Peach's ground game isn't good, because it is. It's just not good enough to give her an advantage there vs Mario. We also have a 2 frame jab, 5 frame Dsmash and followups from OUR projectile to fight with.

You guys aren't saying anything that impressive about Peach's ground game. It's really just not threatening in this matchup. It's not enough to keep Mario out or make for easy approaches toward him. The damage isn't that great and nothing you do on the ground outranges our cape, SS Fsmash or Dsmash iirc. It's enough that she can hold her own against Mario on the ground and keep him from comboing her left and right, but the real threat that Peach presents is her aerial game.

Fireball is also not Mario's only approach. That's isn't even a big issue, especially since Peach will have to approach us anyway if things get rough and we resort to camping. If we DO approach with it, I highly doubt Peach's Ftilt or Fsmash is going to deter Mario, especially since we can cape stall and punish the lag.

Reflecting turnips resets the match. We don't take any damage, you don't take any damage, and neither one of use gain any ground. If you DO glidetoss the turnip or approach while throwing, it'll hit you. Also keep in mind that Mario's reflector > Zelda's. Less punishable ending lag, enabling it to be used rapidly. Caping a turnip doesn't leave us open for punishment.

Also, Luigi doesn't have an upB with invincibility frames to punish aerial approaches.
Peach's Fsmash Golf club and Sweetspot tennis racket either outranges or is equal distance to Mario's Fsmash. And a spaced Fair beats Usmash. Mario's KO power in his Fsmash and Usmash is worst than Luigi's, it's just that Luigi's Fsmash is shorter and his Usmash is bigger (Since he's a bigger character and all...)

FYI, Peach's jabs come out in 2 frames and our Dsmash comes out in 5 frames (Since it's just one behind Zelda's who's Dsmash is in 4). Peach's jab outranges his jab, that's pretty clear. Dsmash, Mario has a bit of a disjoint there since we lost our disjoint on Dsmash.

We have follow-ups for our projectiles too. Glide tossing does that... Hahaha XD

Approaching Mario isn't all too difficult since with Float she has better baiting power and spacing than Mario to apporach in the air. At least I never had too much trouble.

Apporaching from the air gets Mario a big Heart-shaped Utilt. And Ftilt is disjointed. XD

Depends on spacing with the glide toss turnip. I've done it plenty of times when I face Mario that I glide toss a turnip that mario capes, but gains no distance from the turnip, and pretty much just plops on the ground. Since I glidetossed it, I'm close enough to do a running grab while you have lag frames from cape. It's been done before.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Nice new Avi & Sig Bo. Looks epic.

I think Bo meant that since he uses Peach as a second and has played most of the pros, he probably knows most about that particular matchup, which is likely to be true. Just like how I happen to play tons of Sonic players, lol.

Maybe we should get some Peach mains in here to see what they think? I doubt they'll go 50:50.
Yea, my new avi and sig are hawt. Also i agree with what everyone is saying.

gantrain05

Smash Master
all i know is that apparently there are zero marios in all of the midwest, because i have yet to run into one at any tourney, let alone any GOOD mario, if you guys could give me some names of some good marios around the midwest i'd be happy to travel OoS to some tournies for the chance to play some, but from my experience from watching lots of vids and never losing to a mario i can say im not gonna give the advantage to mario.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
all i know is that apparently there are zero marios in all of the midwest, because i have yet to run into one at any tourney, let alone any GOOD mario, if you guys could give me some names of some good marios around the midwest i'd be happy to travel OoS to some tournies for the chance to play some, but from my experience from watching lots of vids and never losing to a mario i can say im not gonna give the advantage to mario.
AHEM

BO X7=Best Mario of Midwest. Where have you been.

Also i believe noone said Mario had the advantage. Its even at best.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Gah I made that a bit unclear again >< Sorry again hippiedude xD

Fireballs in the air are very good against Peach's Floating if you predict she's going to jump up and start one. Her only option against them is to get out the way, Toad or Nair them, all of which don't really work in closeish quarters

And Turnips aren't too hard to ps. Honestly, try it sometime, it'll really help when fighting Peach. And when I say easy to ps...well, I kind of meant that was an option against them. You won't get a perfect sheild in everytime because people make mistakes but that'd be my way of getting round a fireball on the ground. Ps'ing is generally what I say to most projectiles because it's the best option most of the time

Oooh I didn't know Mario's Up + B had invincibilty frames. Can you DI out of it?

The main thing you want to watch out for are her Floating and Turnips. Think carefully on how you'll approach her and what you'll do once you get inside. Play defensivly

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah, you can DI out of Mario's Up-B. Not easy and it usually knocks you away far enough to keep him safe since Peach is light.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Apporaching from the air gets Mario a big Heart-shaped Utilt. And Ftilt is disjointed. XD
Your talking about on top of her. Just on the top of her head. Then cape stall... to bait sir..

Peach's Fsmash Golf club and Sweetspot tennis racket either outranges or is equal distance to Mario's Fsmash. And a spaced Fair beats Usmash. Mario's KO power in his Fsmash and Usmash is worst than Luigi's, it's just that Luigi's Fsmash is shorter and his Usmash is bigger (Since he's a bigger character and all...)
Come on mangz. Don't come in here with luigi crap again. Two different characters as usual. Also, I'm dead sure Mario's fsmash outranges majority of peach's stuff. Hands down. If it doesn't, then oh well lol :laugh: And reverse upsmash (attacking mario from behind) will trade off hits with her Fair even spaced. Also, Mario's ko power isn't that far off, it still kills rather decently early and much easier to space.. And luigi's upsmash, is just slightly probably by a nose hair has abit better range, just not that far.

LOLLL. look at midwest tourneys. look at the tourney placings. look whose consistent in those tourney placings. can i get a shoutout to Bo x7???? xDDDD

Gah I made that a bit unclear again >< Sorry again hippiedude xD

Fireballs in the air are very good against Peach's Floating if you predict she's going to jump up and start one. Her only option against them is to get out the way, Toad or Nair them, all of which don't really work in closeish quarters

And Turnips aren't too hard to ps. Honestly, try it sometime, it'll really help when fighting Peach. And when I say easy to ps...well, I kind of meant that was an option against them. You won't get a perfect sheild in everytime because people make mistakes but that'd be my way of getting round a fireball on the ground. Ps'ing is generally what I say to most projectiles because it's the best option most of the time

Oooh I didn't know Mario's Up + B had invincibilty frames. Can you DI out of it?

The main thing you want to watch out for are her Floating and Turnips. Think carefully on how you'll approach her and what you'll do once you get inside. Play defensivly
ya mario's upb has inv frames. i think it was 1-5 guise? I forgot which number frames. lazy to check anyways. You have to be D1 to PS everything lolol.

lol. luigi does have inv frames which im sure of. which cant find a reliably way to test it >.>. but then again, it cant punish most of SH approachs =[.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
LOLLL. look at midwest tourneys. look at the tourney placings. look whose consistent in those tourney placings. can i get a shoutout to Bo x7???? xDDDD
Hell yea.

$5 Mario Ditto MM, if I ever meet you. That should decide things.
Not to be off topic but hell yea! XD

and yea peach match up even.. yea.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
People keep forgetting that this is Brawl, where hitboxes make no sense. The majority of Mario's moves have longer range than Luigi, even in the air. Luigi has bigger hitboxes in B-air and U-Smash(although not noticeable at all), but overall he does have better knockback than Mario in all his moves.

Canvas, if you continue to compare Mario to Luigi, then you fail hands down. Just because they have similar animations in their moveset doesn't mean that they can be compared. It's like the BS that every does in a matchup thread between Ness/Lucas, it just doesn't add up because they're two different characters.

Mario has better approaches, mindgames, speed, and gimping ability than Luigi. Thing is, the majority of Mario players out there don't know their ****, and the Marios out there worth a grain a salt is sparse.

But yeah, I'm trailing off my point here. Comparing Mario's match-ups by using Luigi is phail, and not to mention lazy.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I'll let you keep that title, since my tournament record thus far is terrible.

$5 Mario Ditto MM, if I ever meet you. That should decide things.
lol, good luck. Bo's kinda Boss status at this point, no bull.

People keep forgetting that this is Brawl, where hitboxes make no sense. The majority of Mario's moves have longer range than Luigi, even in the air. Luigi has bigger hitboxes in B-air and U-Smash(although not noticeable at all), but overall he does have better knockback than Mario in all his moves.

Canvas, if you continue to compare Mario to Luigi, then you fail hands down. Just because they have similar animations in their moveset doesn't mean that they can be compared. It's like the BS that every does in a matchup thread between Ness/Lucas, it just doesn't add up because they're two different characters.

Mario has better approaches, mindgames, speed, and gimping ability than Luigi. Thing is, the majority of Mario players out there don't know their ****, and the Marios out there worth a grain a salt is sparse.

But yeah, I'm trailing off my point here. Comparing Mario's match-ups by using Luigi is phail, and not to mention lazy.
QFT <3333 Hero

Luigi and Mario are practically completely different characters. Some of their moves look similar, but the way their played and what works with/against them are so different that they might as well be Zelda/Shiek.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
So bo has pretty much boss status??? rapeful stuff. Still funny how he hasn't heard of him <33.

QFT Matador/Hero <33. People love to come in here and make comparison with luigi and Mario. It's a bunch of bull to give that kind of input in here lmao. If it's a shiek/Zelda thing... then we can start talking....

in gimping it's pretty much even as said before... Since Peach can use her float and stall and get grab inv frames on the edge, mario's majority of the time is done if hes sent on a bad angled offstage. But usually if he's coming from high up, she has to becareful in not eating a spike from above...

Mario dittos dont mean anything ._.
lol yeah they do. it means who can gimp and combo each other the fastest and cooler looking =D XD jk

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Mario dittos dont mean anything ._.
Nothing means anything anymore when it comes to measuring 2 people with the same character. Not Vids, the opponent could be sandbagging.

Not dittos, it only shows how good they are against that particular matchup.

Not using inui logic (If I beat Azen and Azen beats you, I'm better than you XDD)

Not tourney placements, since WC/EC/MW aren't equally difficult to place in.

Johns have taken over :laugh:

We've covered mostly everything, and we generally agree on even, be it 55:45 in either direction, doesn't matter. Mario must play defensively to not get his **** rocked the entire match. Peach has a few things to look out for/adjust to as well. Neither party can really play this like every other matchup, but neither really has anything huge over the other.

Famous

Smash Champion
Lol Bo, the matchup is in Peach's favor...Don't feel like going into detail...

Who's going to BTYF? I don't want me and Boss being the only Mario mains there

Famous

Smash Champion
Nice, hope to see ya there..

Did you ever play TC1 Bo? Remember that guy who said he was better than all of us on the East Coast?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Looks like I am a lil late for the party eh? Well Let me get up in this and start the debates and end some things I been reading in here. And note I have experience from Bo (online) and boss (offline) So I know what I am about to get at here.

Yeah, Peach does have more range on the ground on most attacks. However the main problem is Peach is usually going to be the one approaching in this matchup since Mario is able to camp at a faster rate than she can.

Also, Mario's F-smash > Peach in terms of range. That will kill you at around say 80-90% if fresh depending on position.

Turnips NEVER gimp Mario. Mario's Up-B outprioritizes them, and Cape stalling protects him from them.
First paragraph- That is not a problem for Peach for she has many ways to apporach. She is one of the best in this game when it comes to that. Here are her options:

- Fair
- FC>Fair
- Dair
- FC>Dair
- FC>Nair
- Turnip>Fair
- FC>Turnip>Fair
- Bair
- Glide tossing
- Nair

Advance approaches:

- Glide toss> FC>Nair
- Glide toss>reverse Bair
- Glide toss>Nair
- Glide toss>Grab
- Reverse Glide toss> Dsmash or Fsmash
- Reverse Glide toss> Bair

Second Paragraph- A fsmash is not something to rely on for you have to have her grounded and hit Peach with a critical fsmash. if it is not critical, you one get these K.O % you speak of. Of you are saying that is the one one you can kill early with, then its really nothing to an evasive Peach. you won't land critical Fsmashes that easy. Also, Momentum cancels with DI. yea, I dont think so.

That's a lie. If Mario is off stage and gets sniped, he is done for. He gets sniped and times edgehogs= GG Mario. He recovery is not all that and does not have much ranges. The reason lots of characters make it back to the stage is cause of that magnet on the edges. Take that away and people will drop to thier demise. Now don't get it twisted. I can bait the cape off stage and snipe you or just go out there and hit you. I done this to marios. I go to them with turnips and they cape. I just pull back then at the right moment, toss it and its over. Grab the edge and gg. Don't say turnips can not gimp mario cause that is a straight lie.

i can't go matador on peaches nor can i go boss i have to go BigB on them *****es fludd spam all day baby whatchu got man bring it
Are you seriously asking to make this match less of a struggle for us?What peaches have YOU beaten spamming this move. that crap does not work. You forget her recover for one thing is not something to just take lighty like that. And doing that while in combat.........nuff said.

Well honestly, I've beaten more Peaches than I've lost to. Not just online by the way, I've played some in tournament. I don't just consider myself biased for my character when most of the stuff I talk about works for me. =/

Yeah like BO X7 mentions...you just play gay and defensive in general. Nail her with OOS Up-Bs when she goes above, OOS B-airs when she comes from the side, fireball camp, and when she's at a KO percent Up-smash or call any move and reverse F-smash, that's basically how I win this matchup.
First paragraph- Give me these names or else:

- This peachs have no clue how to fight mario
- They are not very good.

Cause some of the stuff you are saying right now is stuff you would get away with on beginner to average Peach players. Past that, no. So what you just said is not bias on your character. Its bias on YOU. And with that....guess you also bias Mario at the same time from how you talk.

Second paragraph- I already went through that his camping on Peach is nothing. really when a Peach is evasive and most of her approaches shout his camping down. And again, its not that simple to land a Fsmash, and if anything, A CRITICAL HIT. Up-B out of the shield.I'll treat that like Marth, bait that move and shout it down. Rreally when Marios last hit of that move has the move knock back. anything past that and I am near, get really for a counter attack.

The only solid thing out of the shield is his Bair since it is fast and has Range. If a Peach is spacing you like hell and butting the pressure on you, OOS tatics become even harder and the only thing you really have is your bair if anything In the air you out Range Peach with one move. For us we have 2. Bair and Fair. And dont get me started on Peaches disjointed hitbox on that move.

From my experience and playing Bo alot and Boss. I say the match up is 45:55 Peach.

Oh and about Mario and Luigi. To end this now, Luigi does better on Peach than Mario. Due to how he can keep the pressure on her, kill her better, and can shut down both air and ground game with his fireballs and at the same time slowly approach or have you come to him with the wave or fire balls. He really does not have to approach Peach. Mario does not have all that on Peach as good as Luigi.

Also about her ground game not being good.................what???????? Spaces spaces and Dtilts that can pull you back for turnip or aerial evasion or spaced Fsmashes after Dtilts. She can space on the ground just like she can in the air. Making it harder to get insidewhile she is grounded and you getting pressured. And she can also use her air game on the grouned with instant float. Come on now people. And I dont think I need to get into the many things Peach can do on the ground after glide tossing. or start the set up on the ground and take it to the air where she is a true beast.

Lol Bo, the matchup is in Peach's favor...Don't feel like going into detail...
Ha ha ha. I think I know why you say this........I think.....

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
First paragraph- That is not a problem for Peach for she has many ways to apporach. She is one of the best in this game when it comes to that. Here are her options:

- Fair
- FC>Fair
- Dair
- FC>Dair
- FC>Nair
- Turnip>Fair
- FC>Turnip>Fair
- Bair
- Glide tossing
- Nair

Advance approaches:

- Glide toss> FC>Nair
- Glide toss>reverse Bair
- Glide toss>Nair
- Glide toss>Grab
- Reverse Glide toss> Dsmash or Fsmash
- Reverse Glide toss> Bair
All of Peach's aerial approaches can be beaten with either Usmash or upB OOS. Glidetossed Turnips can be caped. Also note that all the while you're being pelted with fireballs and quite possibly being approached yourself. Fludd can ruin FC'd aerials by screwing up timing and leave you vulnerable to the ending lag.

The point here is that Mario has options against everything you've mentioned. We're not saying that she can't get in, but we're saying that all of her attempts can be punished, and since Peach must approach Mario, this presents a problem.

Second Paragraph- A fsmash is not something to rely on for you have to have her grounded and hit Peach with a critical fsmash. if it is not critical, you one get these K.O % you speak of. Of you are saying that is the one one you can kill early with, then its really nothing to an evasive Peach. you won't land critical Fsmashes that easy. Also, Momentum cancels with DI. yea, I dont think so.
You generally can't throw out an Fsmash against anyone and expect to land it, it takes a little tact and mindgaming. Keep in mind that Mario's Fsmash has a massive amount of range SS'd and is disjointed. Angled up, it'll hit Peach while she's floating, but her Fair outranges it iirc. ALSO keep in mind that Peach is pretty light, so she'll be dying pretty early even with momentum cancelling and DI.

Let's also not forget Mario's Usmash which is especially important vs Peach because of its priority and KO power.

That's a lie. If Mario is off stage and gets sniped, he is done for. He gets sniped and times edgehogs= GG Mario. He recovery is not all that and does not have much ranges. The reason lots of characters make it back to the stage is cause of that magnet on the edges. Take that away and people will drop to thier demise. Now don't get it twisted. I can bait the cape off stage and snipe you or just go out there and hit you. I done this to marios. I go to them with turnips and they cape. I just pull back then at the right moment, toss it and its over. Grab the edge and gg. Don't say turnips can not gimp mario cause that is a straight lie.

This, I agree with. Just don't rely on this or make it a staple in the matchup. It's an option, but it doesn't take much for Mario to Fludd Peach back onstage, meteor on his way back onstange, or cancel the turnip with one of the fireballs we'd normally be throwing out.

Are you seriously asking to make this match less of a struggle for us?What peaches have YOU beaten spamming this move. that crap does not work. You forget her recover for one thing is not something to just take lighty like that. And doing that while in combat.........nuff said.
Fludd screws up FC'd aerials and is very effective at keeping Peach out. There's only a handful of Marios that use this offensively, but because spacing is so important for Peach, randomly throwing it off can lead to openings n such.

Second paragraph- I already went through that his camping on Peach is nothing. really when a Peach is evasive and most of her approaches shout his camping down. And again, its not that simple to land a Fsmash, and if anything, A CRITICAL HIT. Up-B out of the shield.I'll treat that like Marth, bait that move and shout it down. Rreally when Marios last hit of that move has the move knock back. anything past that and I am near, get really for a counter attack.
Again, Mario can't completely keep Peach out, but he DOES force her to approach. That's when the upB and Usmash OOS come into play, since they beat her aerial approaches. You can mix up your approaches, mindgame, bait, all of it during this little exchange, which is most of the reason why it's up to the player, and why this matchup should be even. Neither has anything groundbreaking over the other.

The only solid thing out of the shield is his Bair since it is fast and has Range. If a Peach is spacing you like hell and butting the pressure on you, OOS tatics become even harder and the only thing you really have is your bair if anything In the air you out Range Peach with one move. For us we have 2. Bair and Fair. And dont get me started on Peaches disjointed hitbox on that move.

From my experience and playing Bo alot and Boss. I say the match up is 45:55 Peach.
All of Mario's aerials have use OOS, especially Nair because of the speed. Aerially, Peach wins. I don't have any gripes about that. Grounded though, Mario has a few options against it, which is why Peach doesn't run all over Mario like you suggest.

Oh and about Mario and Luigi. To end this now, Luigi does better on Peach than Mario. Due to how he can keep the pressure on her, kill her better, and can shut down both air and ground game with his fireballs and at the same time slowly approach or have you come to him with the wave or fire balls. He really does not have to approach Peach. Mario does not have all that on Peach as good as Luigi.
Mario has to approach peach but Luigi doesn't? Have you fought a campy Mario before?

Why are we even bringing this up?

Also about her ground game not being good.................what???????? Spaces spaces and Dtilts that can pull you back for turnip or aerial evasion or spaced Fsmashes after Dtilts. She can space on the ground just like she can in the air. Making it harder to get insidewhile she is grounded and you getting pressured. And she can also use her air game on the grouned with instant float. Come on now people. And I dont think I need to get into the many things Peach can do on the ground after glide tossing. or start the set up on the ground and take it to the air where she is a true beast.
Why do you guys keep *****ing about her ground game?

Who said her ground game was bad? It's NOT all that special. I don't even see it being THAT much better than Mario's, who doesn't have much to brag about on the ground. And if we're getting into aerials near the ground, as in SH aerials, Mario has a few amazing aerials as well. The greatest thing about her ground game is her glidetoss and the followups because they make for a fast and versatile approach. The fact that our cape alone counters this dulls the positives there. Again, it's enough for her to hold her own, but it's not enough to say "oh, Peach ***** Mario in the air AND beats him on the ground". That's just not how it is.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Mario has FAR better camp options than Luigi does. I have no idea why people keep trying to compare the two when they clearly do not know the differences between them.

Oh well. Bros before hoes.

gantrain05

Smash Master
ok, well ANYONES approaches can be beat, but the thing is, that alot of the ways you can beat the approach are not going to work like you say they are, you have like literally 10 frames to react to a glide toss, and im pretty sure you would just have to predict it to cape it, because your cape doesn't come out on frame 1. also sure, you can UpB OoS, but peach can also bait moves out like no other char can.

gantrain05

Smash Master
How so? Are you referring to her float?
thats one way yes, its hard to explain in writing but its just the way she can play so passively aggressive. and how she can switch up from her ground game to her air game to her camp game and make them all flow completely together, you really can never predict which way she is going to approach, just because she's holding a turnip doesn't mean that she is going to glide toss it, she could just SH and float in with a Dair and then save the turnip for a glide toss followup, or w/e she really wants.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
ok, well ANYONES approaches can be beat, but the thing is, that alot of the ways you can beat the approach are not going to work like you say they are, you have like literally 10 frames to react to a glide toss, and im pretty sure you would just have to predict it to cape it, because your cape doesn't come out on frame 1.
Yeah, we do have to predict when you're going to glide toss...the turnip in hand is a huuuuuuge hint though.

But you're absolutely right. It's not like Mario can wall Peach indefinitely unless your prediction is just insane. It's just that he has options, which is the most important thing in matchup discussion.
also sure, you can UpB OoS, but peach can also bait moves out like no other char can.
Explain. Her float isnt fast, so I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

Our upB OOS is dangerous for the same reason Marth and MK's is. It prevents a safe aerial approach the majority of the time that the user is grounded. From what I understand, Peach has a huge problem with this because her primary approach method uses float. The only difference that I see here is that Mario ALSO has a projectile to force that approach, and cape to deal with turnips. For some reason though...Mario's upB OOS is much less of a threat...apparently.

gantrain05

Smash Master
well basically her DJ lets her cancel her forward momentum of float and is very good to bait out attacks. so basically she could be floating towards you but she always has her backwards DJ > Fair to punish a failed prediction, and its completely safe because its going to auto cancel on landing unless its on a stage like yoshis island and we space incorrectly on the slanted platforms.

gantrain05

Smash Master
You realize how fast Mario's upB is right?
i realize that =P i do regularly play a mario, im not saying that if you shield our Dair we are gonna be able to jump back to safety, im just stating basically baiting/approaching options.

i get a little carried away sometimes and go way off topic =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom