• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MATCH UPS....throw anything you got.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

boss8

Smash Hero
ok MARTH-------

depending on player it can be annoying........he can out reach you....u must space really well to play marth and be patient for an opening which is why we have fireballs........marth also can do greater things with less effort.....edgeguarding is extremely difficult due to auto sweetspot his B-up sends him to the edge in a minute....so inconclusion....when fighting marth.........

1.space
2.use fireballs as an opening
3.stay on marth if u keep your distance throw fireballs....if your close attack....dont give him a chance to breathe..
4.shield breaker will break your shield and it doesn't hafe to be half as charged so be carefull

dont do against marth...

1.dont come in from above....
2.marth has more aerial priority over u so ground fighting is better for you.
3.tipper-wil kill you at 60% or more...

relax and have fun...

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
hmmm snake is homosexual..

+easy to combo
+UP B easy to gimp
+slow ending lag in tilts
+sucks in the air
-more range and power
-more priority
-very heavy and hard to kill
-difficult to approach
-caping his Up B gives this *** a chance to do it again

boss8

Smash Hero
i agree BO snake is a pain to deal with....but once u do he is a breeze to combo while he is in da air......

i just hope we get more feedback from the others....

i went to a turney yesturday apparently a amazing gameandwatch is a good partner we got 4th out of like 12 teams....they were really good teams IMO......so far we have amazing marios but no one shynes....

BoX7
Fear
Help!
Boss
Monk
Matador

go to more turneys peoples.... if u dont mind.....

anyway back to the snake matchup..

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
i agree BO snake is a pain to deal with....but once u do he is a breeze to combo while he is in da air......

i went to a turney yesturday apparently a amazing gameandwatch is a good partner we got 4th out of like 12 teams....they were really good teams IMO......so far we have amazing marios but no one shynes....

BoX7
Fear
Help!
Boss
Monk
Matador

i wish i can... the only luck im getting is on wifi tourneys. :(

anyway i love ur new sig

any feedback on snake anyone?

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
BoX7
Fear
Help!
Boss
Monk
Matador
go to more turneys peoples.... if u dont mind
I try to go to tournaments the only thing stopping me is the fact that I don't live near anything, everyone in my area doesn't want to drive cause they all suck, and I don't have a car cause I don't feel like emptying out my pockets for not even a half a tank of gas...

the only thing I have under my belt is every tournament I have gone to I have placed top 5 in singles and my team partner and I usually place really high in teams. I would go to FAST but it turns out they are only accepting online registery pay only via credit card...which I don't have...anyway...Snake

Snake easily outranges Mario with Grenades, Nikita, and just his overall attacks. Caping grenades doesn't even work as a good strategy due to Grenade Stripping(I secondary Snake and I Grenade Strip Zelda's Neutral B all the time) and a smart snake can time Nikita to cancel out right before you cape so you still get nailed. Fireball camping doesn't even work that well considering he can Mortar Slide right past the fireballs and right into range to kill you.

The only thing Mario has on Snake is the fact that from a Down Throw he's pretty much putty in your hands, if he airdodges you can wait and follow with just about whatever move you want and if he DIs it's the same thing.

Recovery wise Snake's I don't even know how to classify him...On the surface he looks like he has very few options but underneath it he has...Jumping Axe Kick for extra height, Super Armour on his Up-b, C4 Jumping, Air Dodging out of Cypher and grabbing the edge(as well as using Cypher to stop you from Fairing him) as well as a few other tricks.

So what starts off as a simple edge guarding game turns into this complex battle of the minds. If he does a Jumping Axe Kick you can't go in front of him or you'll be spiked, If he uses Cypher and you Fludd he can C4 Jump and Tech off the level...I could go on but this is already a brick of text.

Anyway I'll think of more stuff later but for now...I'm done

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544

BoX7
Fear
Help!
Boss
Monk
Matador

Hey, I went to a tourney yesterday also. Where was yours at? Mine was at this place called Gigabits in Orlando, FL. Anyways, I didn't do too well in it but this one guy my the name of Angry Lobster has an incredible Mario. Including me, there was a total of 3 Marios in the entire tournament. Angry Lobster represented though, i think he got like top 15-20 out of like 75 people.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I live in Southern Cali, big tourny scenes here... I'm just busy with work, school, and girl, don't have too much time to go out to tourny's =]

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Hey, I went to a tourney yesterday also. Where was yours at? Mine was at this place called Gigabits in Orlando, FL. Anyways, I didn't do too well in it but this one guy my the name of Angry Lobster has an incredible Mario. Including me, there was a total of 3 Marios in the entire tournament. Angry Lobster represented though, i think he got like top 15-20 out of like 75 people.
Sup Sensei :p

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
Sup Sensei :p
Yooooooooooo! Seriously, your Mario is crazy. Next brawl tourney, I'm gonna have to find you early and do some Mario dittos. I know I can learn a lot from facing you.

Back on topic....Snake.

+comboed easily
+ending lag on some moves
+gimpable up+b

-range of his tilts
-hard to approach
-power

I have average experience fighting Snake. He is definitely a pain to deal with. You can cape his grenades, but if I'm not mistaken you can only do so before they bounce. If you try to cape them after they bounce, you will catch an explosion in the face. If you can manage to get in close, down throw to whatever you want, really. As far as edgeguarding, there's 2 options. Since Snakes will usually come in very high, you can start a double jump early and go for a fair spike (this works better on stages with platforms). If they come in low you can either grab the cypher or grab the snake. If you grab the cypher, he'll fall to his death. If you grab Snake out of the cypher, DON'T DO ANYTHING. The result will be that he'll do his break out of grab animation and he won't be able to jump again or do up+b.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Apparently no one read my brick of text...caping grenades doesn't work because of Grenade Stripping...if you cape the grenade chances are it's just going to fall straight down and hit you

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
do you seriously not know what grenade stripping is?

basic run down...

Scenario 1: Snake throws grenade, you cape, he drops a grenade, the first grenade drops straight down

Scenario 2: Snake throws grenade, you catch grenade, Snake drops a grenade, you automatically drop your grenade

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
do you seriously not know what grenade stripping is?

basic run down...

Scenario 1: Snake throws grenade, you cape, he drops a grenade, the first grenade drops straight down

Scenario 2: Snake throws grenade, you catch grenade, Snake drops a grenade, you automatically drop your grenade
This, my Mario mains, is one reason why Snake is ridiculous.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
boss...you seem to be missing the main point...you don't get a chance to throw the grenade cause you have automatically dropped it...and the Grenades are an important part of his game...Snake is all about pressure and Grenades create alot of pressure when used well

boss8

Smash Hero
boss...you seem to be missing the main point...you don't get a chance to throw the grenade cause you have automatically dropped it...and the Grenades are an important part of his game...Snake is all about pressure and Grenades create alot of pressure when used well
i pretty much faught M2k chillindues azen and G-regs snake and all i do is throw them back if he charges at me then we both blow up simple as that.....IMO snakes grenades arent that amazing....

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
sigh...I have the exact timing down to where you can catch the grenade and I'll strip it from your hand and it will explode...trust me Snake's grenades are a very brutal part of his game used correctly

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Guys, that means that no matter how many times you pick it up, if the Snake player has fast reflexes, you'll always drop them and have no chance of throwing them. That's his point. It's a fact, too.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Then the Snake will react and either attack you with his ridiculous hitboxes or evade and counterattack. That's what a person that knows how to play Snake will do.
out of all the snakes i play.... you think i wouldn't know that? i'm not dumb, i am very cautious of snake's tilts an range. Had to learn it the hard way. All snakes do is camp and counter attack. when the get offensive hey get punished. but hey Snake is still so difficult.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I play the most aggressive Snake ever...The only person I get punished by is myself...cause I GET BLOWED UP every second of my life
when they get aggressve i wait till they attack first since the start up lag of his attacks are too fast and have too much priority. But hav some noticeably ending lag.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
when they get aggressve i wait till they attack first since the start up lag of his attacks are too fast and have too much priority. But hav some noticeably ending lag.
I just always have a grenade on me...if they punish me for my lag the grenade just explodes and I usually have a great set up for a Bair or Uair....

Anyway....yeah....Snake....he's a tough cookie...

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I think we're pretty done with Snake...we pretty much listed everything and then the last page or so was us *****ing about the usefulness/uselessness of grenades

In closing...Snake...is a tough cookie with priority and explosives wrapped around him

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I recommend Wario. Wario is a different sort of matchup due to his great aerial DI that prevents some Uair comboing and AD chasing. His Fsmash/waft kills fairly well and both have SA frames, and his recovery is kinda tough to handle in the right hands.
What do you Mario experts think?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?

BoX7
Fear
Help!
Boss
Monk
Matador

I was gonna be at that tourney at Laurel, but, surprise surprise, that was a bust. Hard to get over to Virginia for C3 now too since I don't have a car. I'm tryin tho Boss, lulz.

My 2 cents on Snake...

+Easy to combo
+Cape screws up Usmash edgeguard
+Easy to disrupt side B
+Vulnerable to fireball approach
-More Range
-More priority
-Tilts **** you
-Projectiles ruin spacing and approach
-Difficult to edgeguard
-Can KO you at ridiculously low percents
-Hard to KO
-Spacing is very difficult because of low tilt lag

The list of cons go on and on. I hate this matchup because Snake outdoes Mario in everything, and has virtually no weakness. Still, this matchup is certainly winnable, especially if the snake isn't prepared to fight Mario.

I also don't have any experience on the Wario matchup.

SD14

Smash Cadet
well if you all are having troubles deciding who to talk about i would say either yoshi or Lucas

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Ice climbers...

+Nana is ********
+because of that seperating them prevents their chaingrabs
+qite easy to combo and aren't better than mario in the air
+ Fire ball approach is good
-chain grabs are one the gayest things in the game. 0 death kills
-Dyncing makes appraching them a little diffcult sometims
-Popo is small but don't underestimate his strength.
-watch out for Up B when u have high percent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom