• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Week #12 : Game & Watch

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Good GWs aren't as predictable but they're still one of the easier characters to predict
That's the only point I was trying to get across. The increased predictability of G&W means that he's easier to space. Good G&Ws can obviously mix it up, but it's still easier to space and find openings when you can be pretty sure what's coming.

StarHawk_30

Smash Rookie
This is the only matchup where I would spam falco phantasm as an attack, I try to use it in mid range so I still have the invincibility frames, and I b cancel it sometimes to make it more unpredictable.

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
This is the only matchup where I would spam falco phantasm as an attack, I try to use it in mid range so I still have the invincibility frames, and I b cancel it sometimes to make it more unpredictable.
Not a very good technique since The Monsiuer's D-tilt can easily stop the phantasm and its just as spammable and even quicker than the phantasm.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
If there is ANY matchup where you can spam Phantasm, it's probably Captain Falcon. Who lacks any threatening means to punish it.

Spamming Phantasm gets you owned by G&W...who has a number of powerful attacks that easily outprioritize it. If he reads one as you recover, you get hit out of it, and it will probably suck.

Also, don't Phantasm into his smashes if he's charging them. That too will get you owned if he's any good.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Actually in this match-up, G&W's DTilt is the only move i fear... It's not telegraphed, it's fast, and has crazy priority, and good range.

Just a side note ^^

Denzi

Smash Master
If he's shieldcamping, you're not landing an Up-smash on him any time soon at kill percents lol.
But Falco doesn't have to Boost Smash until the laser actually hits (And I dont think that the G&W would want to sit there and take lasers to the shield all day).

Vlade

Social Outcast
45:55 GW's favour.

It's not much of a disadvantage as people claim this match to be. The bucket is too laggy, so smart GW players don't really use it. Falco's disadvantages would be the fact that is recovery can be easily gimped, ability to KO efficiently and he will lose in the air against GW.

Falco has the chaingrab, which can be followed by a spike that GW can survive. Theoretically, GW seems to have the advantage. But when I actually verse a GW, it isn't that bad. I just can't put my finger on the reason why this is so.

BladerZ528

Smash Rookie
I hate how i play my friend who is a game and watch player and he always talks about how broken falco is when falco is supposively at a disadvantage against GW.

I would also say say its 45:55 as well, its pretty early for me to say this considering that i only play one game and watch player and i also think he is fairly decent, but its not that bad at all.

The bucket is pretty handy for game and watch but u can easily use mind tricks against him when u short hop and dont laser and u see him take out his buckets, so u should walk up to him and F-tilt. You usually short hop laser him in mid-range because game and watch usually doesnt take out his bucket or else there is the chance he might get punished.

Also if his bucket is fully charged up, i say GO ALL OUT with your lasers because its already charged. Whats a bucket fully charged if it can't reach to ya eh?

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
I hate this matchup soo much. I can't beat a GW with anyone! Yet when I try using GW I usually get punished! **** I hate him more than Meta Knight

Denzi

Smash Master
I hate this matchup soo much. I can't beat a GW with anyone! Yet when I try using GW I usually get punished! **** I hate him more than Meta Knight
So go to the Q&A thread and calmly ask for advice. Don't bump an older thread just to complain. Also you'll get more help if you can tell us specifically what your problems are.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
So go to the Q&A thread and calmly ask for advice. Don't bump an older thread just to complain. Also you'll get more help if you can tell us specifically what your problems are.
Yes thanks. I'll try to figure what are the probs i'm having with this matchup

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
id say its 65/35, GW's aerial game is better, GW's close range game is better and he limits your long range game just abit.
he has low lag attacks which makes him almost unpunishable, he can gimp you to the stars and back. the only way to win this match is if your spacing is extremely good. the only advantages falco has here is weight, chaingrab and lasers.

Top Bottom