• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-up Ranking Project version 1.0 Finished!

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Kaylo I already have your list :p. I'll find a way to to incorporate everyone into one of the lists I make.

btw I think Prime told me once that well placed utilts screw up warios air game. I started trying this and it really does help out a lot.

Also what others said. Peach is an annoying matchup, but imo not at the top of his list.

I don't remember saying that. I don't know anything about Wario, lol.

gallax

Smash Hero
wario is a pain. i need to incorporate that utilt more into my game see how the hitbox is useful against the dair hitbox for wario.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
What really sparked my interest when I first saw those lists is the fact that anther places marth so low. What can a pika do vs marth anyway? I really think that the list creators should give some form of explanation to go with it.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
What really sparked my interest when I first saw those lists is the fact that anther places marth so low. What can a pika do vs marth anyway? I really think that the list creators should give some form of explanation to go with it.
Camp, bait, punish, and generally have superior mindgames. Minus all the player-dependent stuff, Marth beats Pika with his overall speed (he's not really faster than Pika, but he's fast enough to keep up with him) and disjointed range.

Also, edgeguarding well helps a lot against Marth. He's not exactly gimptastic, but his recovery is predictable, at least.

EDIT: Also, learn when you can perfect shield Dancing Blades. Helps a lot for getting grabs, which is Pika's best hope for beating him.... landing a lot of grab combos and getting him into the air above you.

King~

Smash Champion
its diffrent from person to person i noticed a while ago

i dont find marth that bad personally

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
At low percentages, Pika has the frame advantage to combo Marth just like he does for any other character.... fthrow > usmash at ~0%, dthrow > utilt/uair > nair, etc.

After he's got some damage, yeah, he'll have enough time to Dolphin Slash.... but dthrow and uthrow still work for getting Marth above you, which is the best position to have him in. Pummeling also adds much needed damage and refreshes your other moves.

My main point is that grabbing Marth is key in the matchup, at least from my experience. Perfect shielding DB helps a lot, as well as using grabs to punish after you've baited him into committing to a move on the ground.

gallax

Smash Hero
shielding the DB is going to be one of the most important things so yeah you need to learn to do it. and grabbing is essential. your points are right on kaylo. but i just want people to know that if marth gets any damage>10% comboing out of the throw is for professionals or bad marths.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Z's list

Wario
Ice Climbers
MK
GW
Olimar

Marth
Diddy Kong
Ness
Peach
Zelda
Luigi

Snake
Kirby
ROB
Toon Link
DK
Pit
Lucario

Falco
ZSS
DDD
Sonic
Lucas
Pokemon Trainer
Mario
Samus

Ike
Link
Yoshi
Bowser
Jiggs
Shiek
C. Falcon
Fox
Wolf
Ganon

Just need to wait for bear and pikapika to move on.

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
Haven't been around too much lately - but I dropped by today and saw this. Let me just say that I think this is extremely awesome. I've hated the (fail) ratio system since I first saw it, and I'm glad to finally get something more useful. Great job guys, it seems the Pika boards are always ahead of the curve in organization =)

Meow!

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Im still waiting on pikapika! and bear. Mainly pikapika! since hes more likely to keep procrastinating :(

MonkE67

Smash Cadet
I notice that on the list on the first page, falco isn't that high up in the list. I find falco to be one of the hardest opponents. Also, imo, Lucario shouldn't be that high up. I don't know why he is.

gallax

Smash Hero
lucario outranges us like mad and getting him to a kill percent means that he can now kill us a lot easier. its also because he has a more spammable projectile thats better than ours. and its also because we dont have many tools out of our grab. and its also because his jab *****.

and after looking through Z's list, i really like it. although lucas needs to be higher along with PT. charizard is hard as hell.

MonkE67

Smash Cadet
Well, I don't know how good lucario players fight, but I don't think being able to make a bigger aura sphere is that big of an advantage. Either the lucario spams aura spheres or charges up to take advantage of high damage, but single, big aura spheres usually don't hit, right? And also, about the range part I agree that he totally outranges us, but his attacks are also much slower, which makes the range not so dangerous.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Disjointed range is one of Pika's worst nightmares, and Lucario is generally slower than us, but he's not wtfslow like, say, Ike. The fact that he can spam Aura Sphere isn't dangerous just because of the damage; it's dangerous because it's disruptive (similar to Falco's lasers, except not as fast), and he can set up for attacks while you're in hitstun.

IMO, Lucario's not one of Pika's toughest to fight, but he definitely has the advantage.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Pikpik's list

Category 1 – 5 points
MK
Olimar
Wario
Diddy Kong
Ice Climbers

Category 2 – 4 points
Snake
Lucario
Marth
GW

Category 3 – 3 points
ROB
Luigi
Toon Link
Ness
Falco
Peach
Pit
ZSS
Mario
DDD
Wolf
Kirby
Lucas
Ike

Category 4 – 2 points
DK
Zelda
Fox
Bowser
Link

Category 5 – 1 point
Sheik
Yoshi
C. Falcon
Jiggs
Samus
Pokemon Trainer
Ganon
Sonic
I just did this

Waiting on one more then we good to go on starting list 1.0.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Alright I finally have everyones list to get this started. So Im going to start working on this riiiiiiiiiiiighhhhht....now (I think). The OP's might be changing significantly o=

Dream Land Works

Smash Journeyman
Tag wants me to say interesting stuff! or something so that he won't have to double post.

Interesting stuff!

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Thanks DLW!

Heres more or less the final list. I need to do a bit more fine tuning.

MK
Olimar
GW
Wario
IC

High Middle
Diddy
Marth
Snake
Lucario

Center Middle
Luigi
Peach
Ness

Rob
Pit
Kirby
TL
ZSS
Sonic

Zelda
Falco
DDD
DK
Lucas

Low Middle
Wolf
Mario

Ike

Bottom
Yoshi
Fox
Bowser
Link
Shiek

Low Bottom
Samus
C. Falcon
Jiggs

Ganon

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Hehe. You can always double post to bump a thread as long as it has a purpose and isn't just to be obnoxious.

(That goes for anyone.)

Nice list, btw. I would still put Marth higher if I were to make one, but I guess, after looking at the list as a whole, he's not in such a bad spot.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Yeah, theres still things I need to fix up a bit.

Looking at how the votes worked out is interesting. The top has a lot of separation because there was so much consensus. Basically everyone gave them a 5, with maybe one or two exceptions. MK, Olimar, and GW in particular were essentially indisputable. But there was so much agreement that it caused a huge seperation between it and the next category.

The next category there was a split almost evenly on whether the character belonged in the top or bottom. Diddy and marth ended up with almost the same votes, but diddy went a little higher then marth since the top 4 pikas get a little bit more weight and they tended to vote him lower, but it doesnt matter too much everyone there is pretty equal.

After that you have a mix of 3/4, plain old 3's and a 3/2 mix. The next big separation came at the bottom where, again, there was a ton of consensus. Everyone there recieved mostly 1's with maybe a few exceptions.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
OP updated. So what do people think of the list? Good, bad, anything worth changing? I can move characters around in a category if theres a lot of agreement, I already switched marth and snake since people were talking about that before.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
was my list considered? cuz it said i wasnt.
It says in the OP whose lists were considered, lol. Only Pika PR-ranked members. Don't feel bad, I wasn't good enuff either. <3

Looks good, Tag. You misspelled "methodology" about fifty times, though. XD

(Actually, just twice, I think.... bottom of the first post.)

Top Bottom