• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-up Ranking Project version 1.0 Finished!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I agree with Bear on everything (except I still think Marth is Pika's hardest matchup).

Snake is not worthy of the hardest category, imo.
Diddy is a *****. The matchup is really dependent on the players, but at the highest level, I think he gives Pika tons of trouble.
I would move Wario down a tier. He's hard, but he's not hardest material.

gallax

Smash Hero
same hre. snake isnt one of the hardest. he deserves to be like 10th.

and recently i played hrnut in many epic pika vs marth battles and went even with him (until the last half of the last stock in which he would always somehow get a tippered fsmash and kill me that dbag). marth is tough and yes he deserves to be where he is.

diddy is tougher than marth.
lucas is tough as hell(recently played the best in fl with lucas and just wow)
rob is tough to play against

wario- i can play wario and he isnt hard to play against. but, he is really hard to kill. combine this with a waft that kills at 80% and a fsmash that has super armor and comes out uber fast he is one of the toughest matchups.

mk- not the hardest. he deserves to be right below marth.

im gonna make a list here within the next 2 hours

EDIT: just saw pokemon trainer. gonna have to say totally disagree. lol. i have some videos and post them soon and when you watch them you;ll probably agree with me. lol. he deserves to be much higher b/c of three things. squirtle, rock smash, bullet seed.

EDIT #2:

peach
IC's
wario
diddy
lucas
marth
lucario
Rob
MK
GaW
kirby
olimar
luigi
snake
wolf
ness
falco
mario
DDD
Pokemon Trainer
pit
sonic
zss
zelda
yoshi
TL
samus
ike
fox
DK
bowser
sheik
link
jiggs
CF
ganon

ive been going through this list for the past 3 hours. lots of thought into it.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Um.

:confused:

If I had time, I'd post my thoughts on your list, but I can't atm. However, Peach is slightly too high; Lucas is way too high; DK and ZSS are a little too low.... there might be other stuff, but that's what stood out to me from a quick glance.

This is all just my opinion, of course.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Separate it into tiers. Preferably 5, but more if you think it needs it. And Im keeping the pika pro list small for now but might throw more people in later. Right now me and kenny are focusing on the region chart first.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
I'll post my list soon.

Gallax, I understand where you are coming from with the Lucas statement. However, I believe that is more of match-up inexperience than anything else. First time I fought a good Lucas, I got destroyed. Since then, I figured out the mu with Pika, and it is significantly easier. Basically, one you understand his range and his tricks, you should be able to control the match quiet easily.

gallax

Smash Hero
fyi people, lucas' fsmash reflects tjolts.

and ur probably right bear. i need to fight lucas like 20 more times to fully understand the MU. maybe then i could have beaten this dude. but i thought i had a good understanding. ive beaten lucas in tourneys for goodness sake!!!!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I think most people know that, lol. I usually don't tjolt much vs. Ness/Lucas anyway.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Awesome Bear, I was going to pester you about making one. If possible separate into 5 or more categories and assign each category a point value up to 5. Five categories would be easiest, but it's more important that it reflects your experience. Like for Anther's list he had 6 categories and the highest category was 5 points, second was 4.5 (and only had two characters), third was 3.5, fourth was 3, fifth was 2, and sixth was 1.

gallax

Smash Hero
peach
IC's
wario
---------------
diddy
marth
lucario
Rob
----------
MK
lucas
GaW
kirby
olimar
luigi
---------------
snake
wolf
ness
falco
mario
DDD
Pokemon Trainer
pit
sonic
zss
zelda
yoshi
TL
samus
----------------------
ike
fox
DK
bowser
sheik
link
jiggs
-----------------------
CF
ganon

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Hardest MUs should probably be...

Wario
Marth
MK
G&W
Olimar
Diddy

Are you still doing the regional thing?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Am I playing scrub Warios or something? I really don't find him to be "hardest." He's definitely not an easy MU, but I think there are characters clearly a tier above him in difficulty.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Warios are just insanely hard to beat when they get the first kill.

And seeing as they're heavier and all.. :<

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Am I playing scrub Warios or something? I really don't find him to be "hardest." He's definitely not an easy MU, but I think there are characters clearly a tier above him in difficulty.
He's a really tough matchup because of his killing potential mainly. You have to get him to almost twice your percent to actually KO him. Meanwhile, his fsmash will finish off pika at less than 100%. That's not all though. He has an aerial game that is better than pika's. We can't cg him at all, and his playstyle makes it very easy for him to just hop safely over tjolts. If he's not pika's toughest matchup, he's at least one of the toughest.

gallax

Smash Hero
not to mention an uair that does ~16-17 damgage and a waft that can kill at 85%

aldo- does NO ONE HERE PLAY AGAISNT PEACH?!?!?!?!?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I play against a Peach regularly. It's a *****. Wouldn't say it's Pika's hardest matchup at all, though.

As for Wario, I'd probably put him at the top of the second category, but that's just me. *shrug* Too lazy to make a list, plus I'm not elite enough anyway, lol.

gallax

Smash Hero
i think it is. someone post a vid of them vs a peach. a good peach who knows the 0-50% combo and how to space appropriately. i dont wanna see a scrub peach.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Oh, sure, let me just whip up a video in the next 2.5 seconds, lol.

We barely have vids of Pikas, period, much less enough for you to request a certain MU.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
You do realize that Pika is one of the few character that can SDI out of Peach's low percent combo, right? Matter of fact, if the Peach wants to get all the percent she can, she has to try to drag Pika to the ground with the dair and tech chase him instead of just hovering.

gallax

Smash Hero
what is this SDI you are talking about? she comes above you>dair1>dair2>fair>utilt. bamm. where and how and in what direction is this SDI?

edit: scrub peaches was referring to others. i would love to see the peaches you guys play against kenny.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
You sdi away from it. If she is floating towards you, up and away.

Trust me, Gallax, I have a lot more experience in this match up (with one of the nation's best Peaches) than you do.

gallax

Smash Hero
i play kei who is one of the nations top 5 peaches too. ive got peach experience also. best peach in florida by far and could do very well anywhere else. played him many times since hes a part of my crew. just never seem to able to get out of the freaking combo.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
That means you're doing it wrong. x.o No offense, just.... telling the truth.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Gotta learn to SDI my man. I like playing this match up. It can get really annoying for either side. If one player isn't paying close attention to what is going on, he/she can eat a lot of damage really fast.

gallax

Smash Hero
stay away from him. lol. naw actually i use dair alot when he is in the air and i try to uair>nair often while waiting for him to land and get some fsmash/dsmash's in. im going to play my friends wario in the next few days so ill get some vids of that. right now im uploading TL, PT, and MK.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Vs Wario I just get little pokes in and run away waiting for him to air-dodge into me or just make spacing errors. Just don't try and confront Wario. Because he sure as hell won't return the favor to you.

gallax

Smash Hero
when clapped be sure to DI immediately away or else you will get clapped again. so annoying. warios will wait till oyu land and immediately fsmash you. they will also try to airdodge though you and try to grab you from behind. the grabs are the single most annoying thing about wario. the grab range is stupid long and the time it takes to grab it terribly short. in other words, do not let wario land behind you without getting a dsmash off right before he lands.

killing wario cna be tricky. wait till he uses his second jump and predict where hes going to land and usmash him. then thunder!!!!!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Also, learn how to edgeguard him. If he for whatever reason leaves his bike on the stage (which shouldn't be happening, but occasionally it does), try to get him off the edge and force him into a bad recovery position.

Don't take him to Brinstar. Ban it.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Gallax, I did some searching for you. These aren't against pro Peaches or anything, but since you consider her Pika's hardest, I'm assuming you're having a considerable amount of trouble vs. her..... uhh. They're kind of old too. But I tried?

I think they were in the Volt Tackle Videos thread, but anyway....

NinjaLink vs. ??? (March 24):

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/blrKTvnP63g&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/blrKTvnP63g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

5ive vs. Ghost (December 7):

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GnrrksvxuRI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GnrrksvxuRI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Kaylo I already have your list :p. I'll find a way to to incorporate everyone into one of the lists I make.

btw I think Prime told me once that well placed utilts screw up warios air game. I started trying this and it really does help out a lot.

Also what others said. Peach is an annoying matchup, but imo not at the top of his list.

gallax

Smash Hero
it was nionjalink who first said the well placed utilt. and i think he was right. from what i remember it did do pretty well.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Yeah youre right. Ninjalink mentioned it and Prime confirmed it, I forgot the other person was NL, but its been really helpful.

Top Bottom