• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match Up Export: Olimar

C~Dog

Smash Champion
The Olimar I have ever played had no idea how to fight Kirby, and was convinced the matchup was 6:4 my favour.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Very annoying, definitely a disadvantage. You gotta hover around out of their fair range, below their upB range, but not too low or he'll pivot grab you/fsmash you/hyphen usmash you. This matchup is not worse than a disadvantage, opposite to DDD's, since he's a big target he takes all the punches and gets damage racked up easily which is very bad for him. We want to get him to do the same as we do to Yoshi: make him retreat until he runs out of space, then get him to react with an aerial or a grab, and punish.

If he has a purple or a blue next in line, stay away. Those things suck, they're his strongest pikmin. Purples are okay I guess, just bair em and they die. Reds and yellows don't bother us much, it's the purples and blues we gotta be careful of.

He can camp you with sideB, but our bair kills them. Staling our bair isn't a problem, since knocking him around is what we want, killing him will either be a gimp (after hitting him offstage with stale bairs and harassing him a bit), smash or uthrow, a bair kill here might be hard.

Stages to take him to, hmmm... If you're real campy, RC and always wait for the rising/pendulum parts. If he bans RC, take him to a stage with a high ceiling so you can survive his usmashes/uthrows, he'll still have a problem recovering if you play your cards right and you'll still be killing sideways. If PT:AD is allowed, that's your best bet hands down: just approach when the stage goes back to the moving parts with no ledges.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Honestly, I've never seen an Olimar use fair or upb when I approached as Kirby. If they miss it puts them at a disadvantage where they could be potentially hit into the air (or already are in the case of fair).

Other than that, they will just bait your jumps with smashes and wait till you land to get a grab -> fair or usmash. I was told that inhaling Olimars power would make the match-up better since you can trap him between the ledge and pikmin toss, so he would have to jump which puts him in a bad position, or shield while you approach. Also fair might be better than bair agianst Olimar since you can get in more hits per jump.

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
This is almost a completely defensive match IMO but olimar isnt a very diverse person his attacks are all pikmin that the bair kills all you have to know is how to bait certain attacks

I like FC when he starts trying to attach pikmin because it kills the ones on you and the beam cuts through all but the purple. The biggest problem is using it without either hitting him on the way up or being close enough to where he can dash grab you, you need to be very close and unexpected or very far away to just kill the pikmin after hes thrown them

His Usmash is dangerous but also the easiest attack to bait. If hes running low and you kill one he gets a ghost for his second attempt and thats when hes most vulnerable. a full hop dair seems to work well against most pikmin sending them to the ground and avoiding taking damage yourself

The pikmin power is good especially against new olimars(ive been down 3 to 1 and came back with just spamming b lol) each color pikmin has a different angle and length so while its really predicatble it looks like its not, it is up to kirby to know the lengths to use this at for ledge guarding for those close games where you dont want to go off the ledge and get uaird or upbd FTL

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
While I have faced Hilt and (on a more local scale) Green Beast, I don't feel like I have enough experience yet to really post anything regarding the MU itself. However, I would like to point out that there is no way Kirby can fully utilize all five different pikmin with his ability because, like Olimar, he does not pull out any type of pikmin in a set order. So knowing how far each one goes really doesn't help because you may pull out the wrong one. It's best to just sit at a point where the purple pikmin will fly a decent way off the stage, mash B, and hope for the best!

On a side note - Kirby's purple pikmin goes everything except Olimar's purple pikmin without stopping.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Stages to take him... and to not take him from the stage thread:

Character Talk #1 Pikmin & Olimar

Counter Pick Against

Port Town Aero Dive ★★★★★
There are no ledges for him to recover from when this stage is travels. Try to gimp him as best as you can since he will not like falling off this stage or on the road when your fighting ground travels.

Rainbow Cruise ★★★★☆
You can strongly abuse this stage, plus gimping him is the key if you want to win here.

Pokemon Stadium ★★★★
When the stage changes to Water and Rock, the battle is mostly yours. The two transformations can also mess with his grabs and ground game. Grass, Fire, and Normal field is anyone's game.

Stage Strike

Final Destination ★☆
Pikmin throwing to the max, Pivot grabs if you get too close, and you can do little about it, plus he doesn't have to worry about the lip of this stage, you don't want to go here.

Smashville ★★☆
The moving platform helps him more than you, this stage will almost feel like Final Destination.

Banned

Luigi's Mansion★☆
Olimar stole Luigi's Mansion and made it his own, and owning everyone in his path, plus the pillars on his elemental Pikmin like the yellow one or the red one can be a huge pain to deal with here. Plus your forced to break the pillars in Luigi's Mansion if you want to end the battle quickly.

☯ Debate if you disagree, or agree if you agree. =P

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I'm a bit confused about why the Water and Rock transformations of PS1 provide Kirby with a greater advantage.
Would you mind explaining that?

EDIT: Umm... Before you say anything, I'm not implying that Olimar should have the advantage there.
I just really don't understand what advantages it provides for Kirby. ^^;

Dnyce

Smash Master
This has been like THE most productive MU discussion I've ever seen. hahaha

The person who posted above me is completely useless.

BTW, CP to Halberd.
Pleeeease CP to Halberd. I love stages where I can vastly out camp my opponent and kill him at 50-60. lmfao.

This is almost a completely defensive match IMO but olimar isnt a very diverse person his attacks are all pikmin that the bair kills all you have to know is how to bait certain attacks
Kirby loses if he plays defensive or offensive, but he at least has a better chance with the later.

I like FC when he starts trying to attach pikmin because it kills the ones on you and the beam cuts through all but the purple. The biggest problem is using it without either hitting him on the way up or being close enough to where he can dash grab you, you need to be very close and unexpected or very far away to just kill the pikmin after hes thrown them
FC is decent at getting rid of Pikmin, but it's also really punishable, so I wouldn't rely on it.
His Usmash is dangerous but also the easiest attack to bait. If hes running low and you kill one he gets a ghost for his second attempt and thats when hes most vulnerable. a full hop dair seems to work well against most pikmin sending them to the ground and avoiding taking damage yourself
Olimar does not get ghost Pikmin from you killing his Pikmin. LMFAO!!! I love how helpful the post is XD.
Also, please fullhop dair my Pikmin. I will gladly dash under you and start to charge a smash while you're stuck there in hit-lag with the Pikmin :)

The pikmin power is good especially against new olimars(ive been down 3 to 1 and came back with just spamming b lol) each color pikmin has a different angle and length so while its really predicatble it looks like its not, it is up to kirby to know the lengths to use this at for ledge guarding for those close games where you dont want to go off the ledge and get uaird or upbd FTL
Fact: kirby's copy ability makes the match-up unwinable for Olimar. elohel
I'm a bit confused about why the Water and Rock transformations of PS1 provide Kirby with a greater advantage.

EDIT: Umm... Before you say anything, I'm not implying that Olimar should have the advantage there.
I'm also wondering why PS1 is listed as a CP stage. Halberd, Delfino and PS1 seem like Olimar's best stages in the match-up. Halberd has that low ceiling and that center platform, Delfino gives lots of purple Pikmin, and PS1 gives lots of blue Pikmin. Considering Olimar's entire goal in the MU is to just camp Kirby until he approaches and punish with a grab, blue and purples seem to be the most valuable Pikmin.

The only thing I really have left to say is Pikmin toss beats defensive Kirby, and grab beats offensive Kirby. No matter how defensive you play, Kirby's moves that remove Pikmin aren't fast enough to not take damage. Also none of your aerials are safe on shield, whenever I see Kirby in the air I just wait until they get close or run in to force a premature attack and just shield. Grabs are guaranteed regardless of spacing; however, if Kirby messes up his spacing or I can force him to mess up his spacing then up-smashes are guaranteed.

EDIT: I like how Jowii said I'm completely useless when he hasn't posted any relevant information or discussion either.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519

☯ Rock transformation will force Olimar to approach since it's difficult to gimp with two large walls in the way, you would have no choice but to attack or stall until the transformation is normal.

☯ Kirby advantage? His attacks go well with slants, not sure if Olimar does well on slants. Also it's dangerous to get trapped in the corner with Kirby, especially the middle. Either D-Tilt or Jabs lock will raise your damage, with a follow up attack. As you know there are three areas you can get trapped in, unless Olimar can grab release Kirby to raise damage, it's bad for him to be near a corner. It's also easy to abuse U-Throw and Stone in Rock field.

☯ As for Water field, staying on the left side is bad, it's hard to KO, the windmill can interrupt your Pikmin when attacking or grabbing and Kirby like Olimar is short being able to take advantage of the Water field. You will have to bring the fight to the right side, but thanks to the platforms and windmills, gimping will be an annoying task, but not impossible.

☯ Also Kirby's Ninja Spike, (suicide version) can be performed on the far left side of Pokemon Stadium. It's like Kirbycide, except it's performed with an U-Throw, which you can't break from, bad for the opponent if Kirby is at an advantage.

☯ The rest of the transformations, Kirby can do as much shenanigans as Olimar. Not a big advantage stage for Kirby, but one of the stages Kirby has a noticeable advantage on.

☯ Match up wise, I have no idea anymore, I haven't played against many Olimar users, nor did I have any trouble dealing with them using Kirby. However almost everyone I know that uses Kirby has trouble with Olimar, so I guess it's a disadvantage. Not in my case though.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Rock transformation will force Olimar to approach since it's difficult to gimp with two large walls in the way, you would have no choice but to attack or stall until the transformation is normal.
Well, considering PS1 is a time-out stage by design... I see no problem with Olimar stalling this transformation out like every other character does. I'm not sure why you feel Olimar would have to approach, lol.

Kirby advantage? His attacks go well with slants, not sure if Olimar does well on slants. Also it's dangerous to get trapped in the corner with Kirby, especially the middle. Either D-Tilt or Jabs lock will raise your damage, with a follow up attack. As you know there are three areas you can get trapped in, unless Olimar can grab release Kirby to raise damage, it's bad for him to be near a corner. It's also easy to abuse U-Throw and Stone in Rock field.
Olimar does well with slants depending on whether or not the stage slants down or up from Olimar. Both can be beneficial but in completely different ways. For example if the stage is slanting down from Olimar, fsmash can be abused a lot more, while if it's slanting up from Olimar usmash and grab can be abused more. Slants in general increase the length of Olimar's grab though.
I think it's rather silly to decide whether or not a stage is good for Kirby based on the fact he can jab infinite someone on part of the stage, since it relies on your opponent being stupid. Sure it happens, but I could also make the argument that the windmill phase of PS1 makes it in Olimar's favor because he can usmash you repeatedly (which commits the same logical errors as your example). It's good to note, but not incredibly game changing... otherwise Frigate, Delfino, Pictochat, and Pokemon Stadium 2 would be other options worth mentioning as well.

As for Water field, staying on the left side is bad, it's hard to KO, the windmill can interrupt your Pikmin when attacking or grabbing and Kirby like Olimar is short being able to take advantage of the Water field. You will have to bring the fight to the right side, but thanks to the platforms and windmills, gimping will be an annoying task, but not impossible.
What if Olimar is in kill percent? I think the windmill preventing KOs is advantageous to both characters, so that argument kind of falls weak, imo. Sure it may occasionally mess with my Pikmin, but I'm safer from losing a stock.

Also Kirby's Ninja Spike, (suicide version) can be performed on the far left side of Pokemon Stadium. It's like Kirbycide, except it's performed with an U-Throw, which you can't break from, bad for the opponent if Kirby is at an advantage.
Doesn't that have to be used in conjunction with the windmill tilting at the right angle? I'm not 100% sure about the mechanics of it, so I'll stay quite about it for now. Could you explain it a bit more please? :)

HyperKeeby

Smash Rookie
Just running through for no apparent reason, I don't know what I'm doing, but I did play a couple of olimars. Now I never really had to counterpick against an Olimar yet though.

Olimar himself is a very tough matchup, VERY hard to approach, his grabs are insane, and he can kill you REALLY early. Of all the olimars I've faced, I only made two strategies, and they both work fairly well. My way of playing Olimar has to be VERY fast paced and you gotta PREDICT what the guy is gonna do otherwise he'll sweep you all over.

Olimar tends to like punish you, and he does it well, the pivot grab will get you if you try to get a bair on him. You want to get out of his little 'combos' as soon as you can, once you get to 70% it's really not long until you're dead. Otherwise, I find it very easy to take olimar offstage, once you get him in the air, chain Bairs and then edgehog, it's really quite easy seeing how Olimar REALLY can't do anything about it, he sucks offstage.

Now, on certain stages, like BF, there is like NO ROOM at all, so the match will go back and forth. It's easy to go underneath the platforms and just ftilt the guy and then quickly grab to 'combo'. BUT he can do the same, plus with his lagless grab with incredible range, it's going to be tough, I wouldn't go to a stage like this unless you're really good there.

Good stages include ps1 and Delfino, you can definitely abuse these stages to it's fullest. Like on all stages, Olimar still has a good shot against you to be honest. In ps1, you're gonna have to play like you would normally, don't be afraid to do a couple up-b's if you don't know what to do. When a stage form comes, you'll be able to abuse the stage. In rock form, I would just stay in the center but a good olimar wouldn't approach and camp the right side. You can stay there and stall with up-b, otherwise approaching Olimar isn't the BEST idea.

Grass formation will be the toughest, you gotta be careful on the water formation... In the fire one I would try to camp if you're in a lead and if not... Yeah... if you don't have a lead it's really hard to comeback unless you can do a kirbycide / bair chain which takes a stock fast. Fsmashes are much more useful than they seem, don't use it TOO much, it's really easy to punish.

On Delfino, you got the definite advantage seeing how you can shark, and his pikmins die in the water, easily giving you the chained up-bs / dairs / bairs for more damage. With low amount of pikmin, you want to make sure he doesn't get back on stage so that you have the momentum the whole way.

I'm too lazy to add more of an analysis and I'm such a noob so yeah. :/ I would say this matchup is in Olimar's favor, but only by a little.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Otherwise, I find it very easy to take olimar offstage, once you get him in the air, chain Bairs and then edgehog, it's really quite easy seeing how Olimar REALLY can't do anything about it, he sucks offstage.
Olimar isn't helpeless off stage, but it's really the only point in the MU where you have a clear advantage over him.

Now, on certain stages, like BF, there is like NO ROOM at all, so the match will go back and forth.
You know battlefield is only slightly smaller (apx 1/2 Olimar's roll distance) than FD right? Smashville is the smallest starter stage.

his lagless grab with incredible range
It's not lagless... lol, trust me ;o

On Delfino, you got the definite advantage seeing how you can shark, and his pikmins die in the water, easily giving you the chained up-bs / dairs / bairs for more damage.
Kirby's sharking is incredibly easy to beat. Just the act of walking to the other side of the stage negates it almost entirely, lol. idk why you guys have this notion that Olimar is going to approach or just sit there and let you hit him XD. But I'll entertain you a bit in saying if Olimar does just decide to take action against Kirby's sharking, Olimar's red, purple, and yellow dair noticeably out range kirby's uair.

But I'll leave it at that. People thinking Delfino is a bad stage for Olimar because water kills his Pikmin is one of the primary reasons m2k lost to Brood :3 (I think he banned it against Rich, I'd have to get back to you on that though).

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@ Denyce- I didn't say you were entirely useless you fool. In regards to your first post (the most obvious direction of my comment) I commented that it was fairly useless. Get @ me.

@ Lolimars- **** this match-up.

I say CP to Halberd because while being a somewhat good Olimar stage (and read this next part carefully because if I have to come back and verbally slap anyone, I'ma be pissed) it can ALSO <---not instead, be a good Kirby stage. Sharking IS fairly effective (I hate ppl that disregard MU info due to it being counterable to certain degrees), and the transformations allow for a small window where Kirby can play more aggressively. The same tactic can be said for Delfino but I just prefer Halberd. If you disagree, that's fine I don't care.

And that's only one CP option I'd suggest, since it's not the only stage that can help Kirby somewhat.

EDIT: A few relevant MU tips I feel confident in:

1. Recovering Olimar- Hammer. What can Olimar do? Well he can FAir, which is reasonable.. but if he's too far/ Kirby's at low percent, it might not be the best option. He could whistle? Oh ****. Oh wait,...aerialHammer has two hits. Point being, space aerialHammer while Olimar is offstage and you can maybe get a kill easier.

2. THE BEST CP FOR OLIMAR- PS2. Air physics, treadmill, ice sliding. (Or PT:AD if legal in your area).

3. SHFFNAir is the decent approach I would think since it would come @ an angle, knocks off pikmin, AND auto-cancel; which maybe you could follow-up w/ something else?

4.Campy Olimar w/ shield?- If, when Kirby is approaching, Olimar shields approach, then maybe look for an inhale @ some point (or if you're feeling risky a charged FSmash).

5. Don't FC- Unless you're planking for a moment or two, but never on-stage.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Honestly, I've never seen an Olimar use fair or upb when I approached as Kirby. If they miss it puts them at a disadvantage where they could be potentially hit into the air (or already are in the case of fair).
I've gotten hit with both fair and upB. You'd be amazed at how safe a grounded upB is for Olimar, especially if you're just floating there unaware, expecting a grab instead. It can even kill, it's pretty dangerous... And fair hurts too, but the reason I said it is so you stay out of their maximum aerial range, but close enough to open up their option pool and harass them.

Other than that, they will just bait your jumps with smashes and wait till you land to get a grab -> fair or usmash. I was told that inhaling Olimars power would make the match-up better since you can trap him between the ledge and pikmin toss, so he would have to jump which puts him in a bad position, or shield while you approach. Also fair might be better than bair agianst Olimar since you can get in more hits per jump.
That's why you stay out of their maximum range, so they can't smash you away. If they try to smash you, try and make it so they're whiffed smashes, what you want t do is force reactions where you can take advantage of to punish.

Inhale would be good... IF you can get one off! It's all nice and dandy talking about how good Kirby's copy ability is here, but it's also true that against a seasones Olimar, getting an inhale is gonna cost you a lot of damage, maybe you won't even get that inhale since they're always spacing everything and camping whenever they can.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hmm, it's gonna be pretty hard guessing when Olimar will decide to shield your approach, and when he will decide on just pivot grabbing you.

If PR had a great Olimar main, man... Hell, if PR had any new players who mained PR's underused characters who miraculously lived near me, I would be making top players out of them!

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@ Fino- I can't even remember when I play you; my mind, in order to protect me, blocks out moments spent w/ you in order to keep my stress levels down.

So...you're saying you eat the first hit and dodge the second?

Triple R

Smash Lord
Oh I was wondering who that was, so it's Fino lol XD

Yeah I don't have much to say because the only Oli practice I have are the times I go out of state and play Fino.

Yeah, Oli is definitely not is helpless offstage, but that doesn't mean you should try to gimp him. I have to admit the urge to go for the hammer kill is strong lol, but it doesn't always work.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
What Fino says is only true if he whistles through the first hit. If you get hit normally, you're either dying, getting a chunk of damage, going high up, or B+C.

HyperKeeby

Smash Rookie
I only say Battlefield has no room at all because the platforms don't give you much room to land on. In my experience, Olimar's Uair is really good, and his Upsmash goes through the plats too.

Edit:

Also, how is Delfino a good Olimar stage? It doesn't HAVE to be the place to go, I preferably would choose Brinstar or Smashvile against Olimar. Sharking doesn't have to be used 24/7, so that way you could just use it as a suprise advantage to get olimar in the air, and from what I've learned, just like snake, if you get Olimar in the air you got an edge on him.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I would usually say "take X character to BF, Kirby's awesome there", but not against Olimar. Don't bring him there. :(

Like I said: PT:AD, RC (rising part and pendulum, then just stay out of range til you get there again), even JJ. If all of those are banned at your tourneys, I would suggest YI or SV as the starters (FD and BF are your worst choices), and for counters I'd say Frigate (even though it's not so bad for him, it helps us), PS1 if you know your gimmicks. Don't take him to Halberd (he kills upwards more than sideways), Delfino (water sucks for him, chances are he won't touch water through the whole match), BF.

Dnyce

Smash Master
So...you're saying you eat the first hit and dodge the second?
Yeah.
Also, how is Delfino a good Olimar stage? It doesn't HAVE to be the place to go, I preferably would choose Brinstar or Smashvile against Olimar. Sharking doesn't have to be used 24/7, so that way you could just use it as a suprise advantage to get olimar in the air, and from what I've learned, just like snake, if you get Olimar in the air you got an edge on him.
Delfino gives Olimar lots of purple Pikmin, which are amazing in the match-up. Also, certain parts of it gives Olimar they other types beneficial against Kirby (blues and yellows). The only part of delfino Olimar has trouble with is the pillars section, but he does well on all other parts.

Idk, I would say brinstar or sv would be good I guess. You got the mentality right though, getting Olimar in the air = good for you. Unfortunately for Kirby, he has an incredibly hard time hitting Olimar =/

Blissard

Smash Lord
Lol at how:
1) No one ever knows that it's Fino
2) Fino tells everyone that their character loses to Olimar

No clue how this mu is played, but wouldn't RC seem like a good choice?

HyperKeeby

Smash Rookie
RC seems like a good choice at first, but Olimar is better than you'd think there. I can't really explain how.

Dnyce

Smash Master
RC seems like a good choice at first, but Olimar is better than you'd think there. I can't really explain how.
Despite there being no tether-able edges, the left side has plenty of platforms to land on if he misses the first one. Also, RC is one of the lowest, legal ceilings. The only part being a problem for Olimar is the pendulum, which he probably just runs away / avoids contact until the platform on the right goes away.
I used to like it, but i dunno anymore.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Yesterday I found out how easy it is to approach Yoshi (who has an oddly similar playstyle) w/o having to powershield as much.

Now I wonder, can we crouch>DTilt and avoid Olimar's pivot grab? I realize he's smaller than Yoshi so I doubt it but check?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
^ Olimar's pivot grab is along the ground so crouching won't do anything

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I'm currently watching Kirby vids against Oli within the year. I'm looking for common acts that are character specific rather than player specific but as I watch I'll update.

Edit1: Chu spams FC on YI when @ the furthest distance FC's projectile would hit Oli. Sure it's only spammable until Oli runs out of range or try to approach but if he runs out of range you can move forward a bit. If he approaches you can aim to DI back to the edge. Also, if Oli is spamming pikmin throw, four or five FCs should be enough to kill most. At the point Kirby could run in and try and rack some damage.

Having Olimar's power is a great edgeguard. Spam that **** while Oli is returning.

Also I noticed that he aerialHammer'd Oli's recovery and after whistling through the first hit, Oli eats the second.

Edit2: Just watch some Kirby against Hilt from under 2yrs (so let's take this w/ a grain a salt). This Kirby used DAir as an approach A LOT. >_> Oddly it worked a good amount of times and was usually followed up w/ FTilt. Also, I saw something very good which was punishment of Oli's landing. Obviously that's when he's vulnerable and as such that's when BAir was landed the most. (He'd jump over olimar as he was landing and BAir him as he was drifting away lol). Also he used Dtilt>DA which worked moderately well but idk let's just remember it's an older video.

Edit3: Watched some unknowns play. Wasn't bad/ wasn't exceptional. I'd like to note that DTilt was used well against Oli in this MU. Another thing is that SHaerialHammer is a good mix-up for approach.

Edit4: This seems like a MU that FSmash is more a damage racker than kill move? I'm watching a few more unknowns but I notice that Fsmash is a good punisher and maybe USmash or UThrow or BAir might have to be the kill move? On Ps1 Kirby kills Oli w/ USmash @ 130%; UThrow prolly kills around 150%.

Edit5: The first stock of this is a great idea of how this match-up should be played. Honestly I think Chu either got frustrated w/ the match up or Logic adapted super quick otherwise I think this would've played out differently.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Grab/Pivot grab/Shield grab seems better for punishing Oli's landing.
I know I REALLY hate getting grabbed when I'm landing.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
>_> Fino, you're so misunderstood. Obv, he should've whistled the first hit and air dodges the second. Also, the way you've been writing it leaves out that the first hit needs to be whistled.

Lrn2clarify.

Dnyce

Smash Master
English isn't even my first language and I even understand how to infer something in context. If you took the first part of what I said literally and out of context, it wouldn't make any sense - if the first part hit, aerial dodging wouldn't do anything b/c you would be flying off stage.
However, in context... with the former post being you saying "if he whistles the first hit he eats the second" it's implied when I said "if the first part hits, he can aerial dodge the second" that the first hit was whistled.

Either way I don't care anymore, this isn't relevant at all to the topic.

Top Bottom