• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match up Export #19: Toon Link| Stage Discussion

MJG

Smash Hero
What? Lol. No way is this 60:40. I don't even like MU ratios (Pros/Cons should be discussed) but since its being thrown out, I would give you 55:45 at best.

Not every TL plays the MU the same just like how the fox players doesn't play the MU the same as well. MU is a bit tricky though (I will admit).

I keep thinking that I learn the MU and then something new and unexpected happens to me.

TKD

Smash Lord
6/4 means "six out of ten". Not a "clear advantage" or anything like people keep putting it.
It's not about how we play it either, it's about how it's best played.

MJG

Smash Hero
6/4 means "six out of ten". Not a "clear advantage" or anything like people keep putting it.
It's not about how we play it either, it's about how it's best played.
Hmmmm

Ask Rockan. He's played against me.
As for my own opinion, it's 6/4 Fox's favor simply because of his speed, blaster, punishment avoidance, blah blah blah it's just Fox. Oh yeah, watch out for zair. It's the move that separates him from most of the cast. I would keep getting hit by it because of forgetting he can do that.

:shyguy::shyguy::shyguy::shyguy:

TKD

Smash Lord
I don't care how much of a chump I seem like by stating this, but the entire SWF underrates Fox and it's both annoying and unhelpful.

MJG

Smash Hero
Sorry that you feel that way but you really shouldn't let that bother you XD.

People complain about our camping and spamming. So what? Its part of the game and its just people's opinions.

FYI, fox is ****ing scary as hell.

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
Sorry that you feel that way but you really shouldn't let that bother you XD.

People complain about our camping and spamming. So what? Its part of the game and its just people's opinions.

FYI, fox is ****ing scary as hell.
even as a Fox main, if I face a Fox, my heart starts racing when my persentage is around
90 - 100+ cuz I know that one wrong move can result in an UP-Smash. lol (I should still live at 90 though with good DI)

TKD

Smash Lord
Powerblock projectiles, blaster at every opening, WALK. Don't dash. I watch Fox players dash too much in every match-up. This match-up can be played in standard fashion (except for the fact that the opponent has a zair), unlike Olimar or Sonic vs which not knowing the match-up = get *****.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I find these exports stupid. There should just be one single thread listing all of the Mu's and the information regardging to each one of them.
Ummm no they are not, we have a thread that leads to every MU, the MU exports are what the links in that one thread come to.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
I don't care how much of a chump I seem like by stating this, but the entire SWF underrates Fox and it's both annoying and unhelpful.

so true, its stupid

are we onto stage discussion now or...

EDIT: its def 60:40 Fox hands down

*CT*

Smash Lord
Woah, I should really read these MUs more often since I just started to play regularly again....seems to be a few more serious Fox mains out there nowadays makes me happy.

XxAlphaxXGhaxCrew

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I really like how a lot more people are getting their foxes out for tournies. I agree with the 60:40 match-up...but still fighting toon links is so ughhhhh!!!

Jash

Smash Lord
Hehe if you guys really think this is 60/40 Fox then by all means do as you wish, I still think this is even or did you guys forget we can gimp Fox? Well...anyway good luck fellows.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
Hehe if you guys really think this is 60/40 Fox then by all means do as you wish, I still think this is even or did you guys forget we can gimp Fox? Well...anyway good luck fellows.

lol with dair? thats an awful reason why it shouldnt be 60/40. thats like saying its in fox's favour because he can shine gimp tlink. fox shouldnt really be going of stage anyways.he can just lazer you when your off, if fox plays safe , tlink has very little options, he doesnt excel in anything against fox.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
to be completely honest I know like nothing about the Fox vs. TL match-up but I wanted to say a few things

1) TL doesn't gimp with D-air.

2) You don't go off-stage and get gimped, you get forced offstage and get gimped. Getting gimped isn't something avoidable by saying, "just don't go offstage," because that's not how gimps happen. Granted you can work your way around them and know what moves or things your opponent can do to get you offstage, but that all comes with acknowledging that the threat of getting gimped is there in the first place.

If you don't acknowledge any threat in a match-up and instead just dismiss it, you can't actually work around that threat, meaning you can't get better at the match-up, and you end up restricting yourself.

Jash

Smash Lord
You thought I was talking about Dair? How bad do you think we Toon Link players are?

Anyway I just wanna add that Fox's Side B can be attacked by ANY of Toon Links projectiles, so we can basically just throw a bunch of things, make you waste your jump by getting hit by one of those things, force you to either Side or Up B (depending where you are offstage) and attack you off stage since Foxs Side B isn't as out prioritizing as Falcos. I'm just saying lol

MJG

Smash Hero
lol with dair? thats an awful reason why it shouldnt be 60/40. thats like saying its in fox's favour because he can shine gimp tlink. fox shouldnt really be going of stage anyways.he can just lazer you when your off, if fox plays safe , tlink has very little options, he doesnt excel in anything against fox.
Dair? Really? No good TL (even a Decent TL) will use Dair off stage. It won't even cross their mind.

60:40 is so far-fetched.

Fox obviously Excels in CQC but its nothing we can't handle.

@ilbis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRKj-9pPVHA#t=3m15s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMKt8teUvko#t=2m40s

I am not exactly sure what you are thinking but this looks like the "beginning" of Fox's illusion to me.

Robfox

Smash Lord
and rising fair beats (I believe) arrows and sideB
it does

I go off stage with Fox only with characters that have ok or worse aireals TL being one of them. Only two aireals I worry about wit TL is bair and nair very fast nd has no long decent knockback. Even though goin off stage is risky I still do it lol
btw @Jash -fangirl voice- I LOVE UR TINK lol

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
fair enough, i thought dair was a bad idea, but no one has actually said what the gimp is exactly. furthermore going of stage increases the chance of getting gimped, if the player doesnt go off stage, it is very unlickly they will be gimped. it is also unlikly that forcing and opponent offstage with an attack will lead to a gimp because of positioning of characteres and other factors but i guess you would need to outline what the move is before i can say for sure.

considering we are comparing two players that play their character perfectly, we cant say things like ´make your opponent waste their jump´ because it just would not happen.the reason why i think its 60-40 is because tlink does not really excel in any area in this fight. he always has to approach, he struggles to kill good fox players and doesnt do well when being pressured. the best tool you have is bair, but its just not enough.as ive said before the problem is there are not many very good fox´s around which makes other character boards jobs alot harder when debaiting.

MJG

Smash Hero
I live pretty close to Zeton and he agrees with me on the MU.

Although he stopped playing seriously about a month ago, he would probably still give me trouble.

Are there any good toonlinks in london? Serious question because I don't see how someone could think the MU is 60-40 still if they played a legit Toon Link...

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
No. There are NO good Toon Links in London.
miller is pretty good, KJ always trolling london

ixis was good back in the day aswell.

anywho i dont mind if im wrong, i would just like someone to explain why it isnt, there have me many posts which have just said it is wrong with no disscussion to back it up. i have an open mind so ill listen if you have anything to say :)

Miller's Toon Link is average. Ixis' Toon Link is simply just not good.

I am being perfectly honest when I say we have no good Toon Links.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
Miller's Toon Link is average. Ixis' Toon Link is simply just not good.

I am being perfectly honest when I say we have no good Toon Links.
dont say that youll make miller cry lol

any good tlinks in orlando florida that i could play? should be off there in about 2 weeks, then i could get some vids.

MJG

Smash Hero
Not Orlando but there is a TL that will be in Florida.

His name is 2nLio.

And as far as explaining myself, I have in this thread already. My input is done. Zeton should come to this thread and share his knowledge though.

Top Bottom