• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Discussion: Mr. Game and Watch

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
If the threat of fullhop F-air is enough to make you not want to attack and instead block, which doesn't give you many options to punish, then it's done what it's supposed to in this matchup.

And lol at suggesting U-tilt to counterpoke (it's not hitting G&W oos unless his spacing is terrible). This move hits you while standing, and if it trades, it's in G&W's favor. Especially if it gets you offstage.

So I will ask again, what GOOD answers does Peach have to stop G&W from having a clear zoning advantage in this matchup? As I'm saying, G&W's F-air covers most of Peach's attack options by itself and should she just be sitting around not ready to block, it's gonna hit her. And she can't exactly punish it in a clear cut way consistently.

I've played a number of matches with Smash G0D in this matchup (wifi unfortunately), but I'm pretty certain he can vouch for me that it's quite good in this matchup.

I should add, SHFFed F-airs are mostly safe on block due to the shield push.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
And you completely failed to address how Peach actually deals with G&W's sausage.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Lol, it's called shield the full jump fair, drop the shield/groundfloat in accordance to his movement, then u-tilt if he tries to followup with dair, nair...anything from above. It's quite simple to understand.

Wifi...as any sort of relevant reference? Wifi GnW?

*raises hands* Done.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
G&W is like over 9000x worse on wifi. I think it's pretty fair to say what works with him on wifi is viable offline as well. But disregarding that, fullhop F-air is legit, and you haven't really explained how Peach covers that option, and then G&W choosing to simply do something else, like run up and grab.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm against blatant ad hominem. :/

Peach counters fair outright. At least bair is tricky to deal with. Fair is just beaten by ftlt/fsmash or by shielding to turnip/dash attack.

Non-issue.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
F-smash and F-tilt lose to shield should G&W opt to that instead of F-air (actually I'm highly doubtful she can actually rely on those two options in the first place, they're not nearly rangey enough minus the golf club and pretty unsafe on whiff). Shield -> Dash attack and Turnip only work against badly spaced SH versions, while the fullhop version is perfectly capable of hitting Peach on the ground.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Wifi LOL urbad
More on this tomorrow when I'm not on my phone
Inb4VinniePointsOutHeWonOneOfOurSSets

Oh, and anyone who's not Vinnie or Valdens does NOT know the Peach MU.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Praxis, Lou knows the Peach matchup. He may not be as big a name as Vinnie, Valdens, or Zac, but he's a solid GnW (formerly ranked in OH) nonetheless. Not to mention you taught me the most important parts of the matchup yourself; regardless of my own added playstyle twists, I know the GnW matchup.

@ Valdens- At least contribute some details broski. A ratio isn't much input at all.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I play Kaak :3.

I'll admit he doesn't know the match-up that well but ugh... he can read :(. Just... mix up. And don't roll. Ever.

G&W is like over 9000x worse on wifi. I think it's pretty fair to say what works with him on wifi is viable offline as well. But disregarding that, fullhop F-air is legit, and you haven't really explained how Peach covers that option, and then G&W choosing to simply do something else, like run up and grab.
As someone who frequently plays wifi, I can assure you that relatively, GW is not worse off. I'll ignore what you said about wi-fi viability afterwards.

:053:

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Actually, I amend my statement, KB knows what he's doing too. <3 my G&W slaying apprentice.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Really, Vinnie, Praxis and I should be the only people with input.
<_<
I hope the face at the end means you're joking. It's pretty ridiculous to claim that only 3 people in the entire smash community should be able to put their input in on a MU.

Oh, and anyone who's not Vinnie or Valdens does NOT know the Peach MU.
I think Hylian -might- know the Peach MU as well (he did well against you at Genesis and now knows not to bair).

Hylian plays with me now, so he only gets more Peach experience too (and I finally get GW experience). I certainly think he could have some input on this discussion if he so desires.

Top Bottom