• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masters of the 2D Race, A G&W Ranking/Tourney Results Thread(Updated 3/23/10)

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Just letting peeps know, I no longer play G&W in singles or doubles. So you can take me off the front page. =/

Falco - Singles
Falco/Lucario - Doubles

Splice

Smash Hero
Thinks this thread needs some bumping especially if PGN and UTD are placing high atm 8)
Come on guys!

3 Stock'd
8/28/10

3rd/20

Winners Bracket:
Bye
Beat Dekar (Marth) 2-0
Beat Ledge (MK) 2-0
Beat a' (Snake) 2-0
WINNERS FINALS
Lost to Earl (Marth) 2-3

Losers Bracket:
LOSERS FINALS
Lost to a' (Snake) 1-3

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
shouldnt have bumped this=(

i think we're all already aware of whos top with G&W nowadays,no need for a thread lol

Splice

Smash Hero
Uh soz Penta didn't realise the purpose of this thread was to actually rank GaW players...

Thought it was to see how other players were doing in tournies and to talk about how they did...
A collection of how players are going in general... not to beg comparison between players, but to view players by their individual merits, and generally just have a nice little archive of placings.

I care.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
lol;[,i guess that was rude of me,i apologize
but you can't really blame me for the thread dying in the first place x_x.

Errr..if enough people want to give me updates on their results,i will update the thread, or maybe itd be better if we started all over since it's been a year already lol.

Splice

Smash Hero
what you did with the highlighting this years stuff green and previous years red is fine. I prefer to keep old stuff just so everyone has their archive here for easy viewing. If you highlight whats considered "recent" green its fine imo.

I don't blame you for it dying, Penta :p. I blame UTD for never posting results >=(

But it's up to the tourneygoers to give you reason to update it. I guess we'll see what happens...

c'mon guys ... =S

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
LOL, it sucks when being humble gets you flamed eh UTD? ;)
jk
but
seriously
how many G&W mainers actually go to the mlg and rank?

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
None atm lol

edit: i woulda said vinnie but he'll just come in here and disagree with me lol<.<

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
LoL, what about UTD? from what I have seen he's pretty good, I mean if one of us cannot step up, how could G&W ever move anywhere on the tier list or anything? meh... Should I just attempt this myself? I feel like I'm destined for failure :( .. I mean I used to chill with OBM, we went to college together, but didn't he quit too? I mean Corey, whatever the SWF knows him as.. OmegaBlackMage.. Hmm, well IDK I wish I could go but money is an issue.. I plan on getting some practice in and maybe attending the MLG repping my red G&W next year... I just have so much trouble with glide tossing, I cannot time it right.. and I know implementing it into my gameplay would prove beneficial, especially against snake/diddy kong, whom I usually have trouble against. I have done some extensive research on frame data too, just to see how I may be able to take on some of the high tiers in terms of move priority.. am I on the right track?

Vinnie

Smash Master
I've gone to two MLGs so far, but I've gotten bracket ***** twice.

@ Columbus, I lost to Tearbear (round 1 >_>) & Fatal (I think they're very beatable with G&W but at the time they were just plain better than me... I took Fatal very close though).
@ Raleigh, DEHF (round 2 >_>) & Ninjalink (I used ICs on DEHF and I got 2-0'd as G&W vs Ninjalink's Diddy... I lost to 5 or 6 Diddies in the month of August...

I'm going to win DC next weekend though so it's k XD.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
Zac, we all wish you did too :( LoL, did you really beat m2k w/G&W?

vinnie - beat ninjalinks diddy using the 2d pride slide combo ;)

Splice

Smash Hero
Might as well post more results, just coz it's the 'End of year Major Tournament with USA attendance and attendance from right across Australia'...

ROBOCOP
10/2,3/2010

7th/73

Winners Bracket:
Beat Nova (Sheik) 2-0
Lost to Shaya (Marth, MK) 1-2 (I won on the starter, my CP, Frigate, gimped me coz im dumb)

Losers Bracket
Beat Silfa (DK) 2-0
Beat Oats (Lucas) 2-0
Beat Ledge (MK) 2-1

Lost to Tedeth (Wario) 0-2

I think I missed one other person who I beat :s
I played M2K in friendlies but didn't end up MMing him, got him to last stock pretty much every time. All the local MKs learned so much from him, I'm so peeved man. >=(
I also realised I don't know the Snake MU, when I played Hall. It's hard for me to consistantly do well, but I know enough random 2d Pride tricks to win the occassional match lol. :)

Splice

Smash Hero
i also see you lost to wario D:

don't like that MU too=(
It's actually a great match up, I believe it's 60:40 or more GaWs favour.
There isn't much Wario can do against a lot of GaWs tactics, and Nair OoS is your best friend.

I do believe I choked during the set, but either way I got outplayed by the best player in Australia, lol. Nothing to do with Wario that he won, but my mistakes and his general better-than-I-am-ness. I thought I was getting closer to beating him every time we played, and was quite confident, but that set was probably the worst I've ever done against him, oh well.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
I LOVE matching against a good wario, his moveset is odd, but he can be punished so badly.. the most annoying move is his bite attack, it's super effective.

Top Bottom