• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masterpieces?

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Why? Yeah the Masterpieces were a terrible idea altogether but they didn't include demos of games they included full games with time locks, so if you mod your Wii you can unlock them and bam that's a bunch of free games. I don't understand why people don't see why it's convenient.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
At least with hacks you can play them with unlimited time. :p

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I also wonder what Chronicles were for. It's basically a list of games that you can find by googling "all nintendo games".

Pointless -_-

-:bowser:Bowser King

Lovely

Smash Lord
Europe havnt even RELEASED Kirby Super Star Ultra. :(
Sorry to hear that. D:

I thought they already realesed it every where at least at the end of Nov. Also, I think Lucario out shined Mewtwo for his reason to not be in.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Regardless, Mewtwo could have been a character. That's like saying they should have just taken out Toon Link because they already had Link, or Ganon because they had Falcon. It mattered not if Mewtwo would have been a bad character he would have caused the game no harm. Just my thoughts.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Without masterpieces, we probably could have seen another stage or character (maybe a slightly improved Wi-fi if we were lucky).
That logic (or lack of logic) makes no sense. That's like saying if Meta Knight had a yellow alternate costume he wouldn't be as good.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
It makes a little sense, but not enough to make a compelling argument. They could have added Masterpieces because they were done with the game and had extra space... and not ran out of space from adding extra stuff because of the Masterpieces, like most people seem to be thinking.

D1RE

Smash Cadet
I just used the Twillight Hack and installed a bunch of old games in .wad versions. SSB64, Lylat wars (<3), OoT, loads of Kirby, DK and Mario games. All it takes is a SD card, Twillight Princess and 15 mins.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
They could've given extended time to play, or picked certain levels you COULD play.
I mean, why do they stop you from playing the full game, you already bought all of their now overpriced equipment.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
It's basically advertisement to buy them on VC.
That's right. Even though using Masterpiece for advertisment is a bad idea, at least they tried and see where it went. Though it would be better if they used the idea out of Animal Crossing and let you play the games, but thank's to the VC idea, that killed it. D=

But at last, if they were to make Masterpiece mode again, make them play the game's all the way and not like a demo and such.

Lovely

Smash Lord
But at last, if they were to make Masterpiece mode again, make them play the game's all the way and not like a demo and such.

Better question is, do we want them to make another one, after seeing how Masterpiece was nothing but demo's of game's we already owned. If we play it fully, that would take even more memory, and since we already played most of the game's of the past, that would be a waste of time and space of extra memory that could had improve the game.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
You could make the time limit unlimited using Homebrew, so I guess they are kind of cool. Even though you could just get an emulator with them on the Wii using Homebrew.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I guess I was going to try Snes9x, since I have that one on my computer already, and since I can play it with a Gamecube controller. Do I just save it into my SD card, get on the Wii and load it from the SD card? or do I need to get on Homebrew channel? How do I transfer it exactly to my Wii?

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
I guess I was going to try Snes9x, since I have that one on my computer already, and since I can play it with a Gamecube controller. Do I just save it into my SD card, get on the Wii and load it from the SD card? or do I need to get on Homebrew channel? How do I transfer it exactly to my Wii?
You actually need a special version of the Snes9x in case you didn't know on that page. Yes, you need it on your SD card along with a folder called "roms" inside of the snes9x folder containing the roms that you wish to load.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
We already were talking about that. If they had enough time to make extra stuff they would have, and would just eliminate extra garbage from the memory. If they put Masterpieces it was probably because they had nothing else to put, and as stated before, is a good reason to hack your Wii and unlock the full free version of them in like 10 minutes of time. :)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They didn't put Earthbound on it because they're not going to release it on the VC.

Fire Emblem 1 never appeared in America, and they're working on a DS remake(although I'd rather try the original with a good enough translation), so it was understandable. That is, if we had gotten a bit more FE rep(and I don't mean playable characters).

Top Bottom