• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masterpieces?

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
I really feel that Masterpeices was a complete waste of time and effort. We've pretty much all played the games Brawl offered, and the amount of time they give you to play them simply isn't worth your time. Without masterpieces, we probably could have seen another stage or character (maybe a slightly improved Wi-fi if we were lucky).

Barge

All I want is a custom title
It would have made the game faster

They only last 30 seconds - 2 minutes D:

waste of space

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I found out from someone that you actually are getting the FULL game, he figured it out somehow with Ocarina of Time. I think he managed to create a new game and saw the intro video or something. I really don't remember but if it's true someone can find a way to mess around with it and find a way to unlock it completely.

Just food for thought.

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
Agreed. Nintendo fans probably still have still games excluding the arcade games. I wish they only had the donkey kong game in there, except we could play the whole thing.

Ange

Smash Lord
When they were still at it, they could have just added Pong, Space Invaders and Asteroids just for the lulz. Theyre more fun than limited trials wtf.

I agree, its a completely waste of space. :/

Its like manually putting spam into your folder, it just doesnt fit into Brawl at all. They could have just skipped those trials and improve the game. <_<

paper otavio

Smash Journeyman
I found out from someone that you actually are getting the FULL game, he figured it out somehow with Ocarina of Time. I think he managed to create a new game and saw the intro video or something. I really don't remember but if it's true someone can find a way to mess around with it and find a way to unlock it completely.

Just food for thought.
There is an ocarina code for this.

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
I decided to go there a little and play some starfox 64. that particular game gave me a complaint: I started from the menu screen! i don't want to waste time with that, i want to play the game.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
You need to hack your wii to put the codes in.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199810 can get you started.

Also putting in the masterpieces really shouldn't have affected the quality of brawl.
Google emulator/roms, they're rather small files. They essentially just loaded those in and packaged it with new controls, it's not like they rewrote the games to be played on low quality for the wii.

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
Honestly, I really don't think hacking is actually worth it. You can but LoZ: OoT for $10 on the Wii Shop Channel.
Now if it were a game you coundn't find anywhere else...let's just say that's a different story.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
They should of done demos on the Wii Shop Channel instead of wasting data for it on Brawl.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Read this post that Viper made in the SSE thread, it's a must read:

They should remove Masterpiece and Nintendo Chronicles, why because they were a waste of space. Masterpiece mode was just demo's of the old games that you might already own, but can play them for a few minutes or seconds. To me, that's a waste of space because nobody that I know is playing it, or will play it. Now on to Nintnedo Chronicles, that was the biggest waste of space of them all, it just show games that was in NoA with no explaination, why add that when you can just go to Wikipedia and look at those games, when it came out, and how was the game play.
Also, this is why the Brawl complant thread was closed, too many people complaning, you should had made this thread like... a year a go. And you have to remember that the game was mostly tested in Japan and not the US or anyother area besides Japan.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
Honestly, I really don't think hacking is actually worth it. You can but LoZ: OoT for $10 on the Wii Shop Channel.
Now if it were a game you coundn't find anywhere else...let's just say that's a different story.
thats what we're trying to AVOID here. they wanted to waste time by putting a bunch of 1-minute demos in the game when they could have been working on brawl itself, so we're going to make sure they wasted their time in trying to advertise the shop channel.

Alzi

Smash Master
It was just a small taste so that if we enjoyed the small demo we would go buy it of the VC.

Just nintendo trying to make some money.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Weird, Smash X has more Masterpiece games than Brawl does, (Fire Emblem, Mother etc). O_o

But I do agree, it was just a way to get you to buy the games in VC, I don't know why SSB64 is for VC now.

Ange

Smash Lord
Thats because the Japanese removed the Earthbound and original Fire Emblem demos from the NA/PAL releases.
PROBABLY because FE was Japan-only, so they didnt want us to play the original game. And Earthbound was never released in Europe, so they didnt want us to even get a feel of it.

I dont mind however, as Ive never touched any of the Masterpieces demos. :ohwell:

It would be AWESOME if there actually was a way to remove that whole section.

peregrine monkey

Smash Apprentice
Playing a masterpiece is like being given a large chocolate bar and then, before you can take a bite out of it, having it snatched away and eaten noisily by a morbidly obese man with terrible personal hygiene.

Nami-Tsuki

Smash Rookie
I never owned an NES, SNES, 64, OR Gamecube, and even though they're short, the trials we pretty fun (for 40 seconds... T_T)

So yeah, I fail, but I'm sure it's not too big of a space that was wasted.

I agree, I really wish they would've made online play less ********...

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Playing a masterpiece is like being given a large chocolate bar and then, before you can take a bite out of it, having it snatched away and eaten noisily by a morbidly obese man with terrible personal hygiene.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, agreed. Especially since many of those are huge classics. That's why I just hacked my Wii.

I have been long awaiting some much needed Starfox 64.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Agreed. Masterpieces were really not necissary in this game. Maybe if they extended the play time some they would be used more they would be an alright feature.

but nah they pretty much sit there.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Yes but you realize there is a very practical way to hack your Wii and unlock the time on them? That means every single one of the Masterpieces you have = a full game you can play if you take your time to do that.

I just did and I am not complaining that they put them in the game at all.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Yes and No. A larger number of games would have been an excess of useless data. I think maybe their idea was just to remind you "these games own so much but are hard to find now, you can buy them here!"

I think it was more to let the public know they can buy games and not so much to try to sell those individually.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Oh, so they have the actual masterpieces. NoA sucks too much.
Not really, you guys got Kirby Super Star Ultra first, and I had to wait to play this game on my DSi almost near Dec and such. At least I owned a US DS to play the NoA copy before Japan realesed it.

Other than that, Japanese Smash X has more stuff than Brawl in it.

Ange

Smash Lord
Not really, you guys got Kirby Super Star Ultra first, and I had to wait to play this game on my DSi almost near Dec and such. At least I owned a US DS to play the NoA copy before Japan realesed it.

Other than that, Japanese Smash X has more stuff than Brawl in it.
Europe havnt even RELEASED Kirby Super Star Ultra. :(

Nintendo of Europe was really fail in the past, they did not let us play Earthbound or Super Mario RPG. ):<

Tho I have SMRPG (its in a giant SNES adapter thing lol), but still. They also didnt release alot of other games, I hope they wont cancel this aswell.
But I think Ive heard about them releasing it somewhere in around 300 years.

/offtopic

They should have just canceled the Masterpieces idea altogether.

Top Bottom