• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Mastering the wisdom to use the courage for power!"SECRETS TO ZELDA DITTOS :X

Zone

Smash Champion
Only real time I din's is vs Samus' Recover, (Sometimes GAnons)

Or after a hard kick where I believe they will land on a platform, far enough away so even if my din's misses, I'm still safe.

People who woulda been fine had they NOT DI'd into the stage, always DI toward the stage when hit by Din's fire, Thinking they are being saved when it REALLY easily sets themselves up for a kick.

I have a few times done din's fire against a wall, and people coming to punish me, also get hit by din's fire cuz it didn't move anywhere because of it being stuck on the wall.

For instance I once did Din's fire into the tree on poke'mon stadium, and Falcon Knee'd me into the wall just as din's went off. I tech'd it into a kick, against him while he was flying from din's hitstun. I don't really do this alot or anything lol it's uber risky, but it's flashy and sometimes flashy > win to me lol.

But for real, The most I use Din's fire is like once per 2 matches MAYBE

Ice Climbers are mean to Zelda. It seems the only useful moves I have against them are toes and down Smash. How do I hurt them?

Short hop toes seem to go just above them without hitting them a lot. They're too short.

I think another thing that really kills Zelda's chances of toeing are how Ice CLimbers can wavedash and dash dance outside your reach, then wavedash in and grab when you miss a toe.

When I'm recovering from above, how should I defend myself against them?

TheLake

Smash Master
Pick one of them

and just kick that one

and spam down smash

and the nyarus love thingy

and forward smash

fast fall nair to throw them just to spread them apart

or up B above there shield and the cool windy part will hurt one and then go straigt down and downsmash (Even if it doesnt work try it...it just sounds too cool and looks soo awsome when it works)

But yeah zeldas like the beezkneez at seperation (I mean she is shiek too ya know, get it? eh eh?)

oh and dins fire while they are recovering lol i forgot you could do that and its oddly appropriate we were just talking about dins fires absurdly low usage...*sigh*

Zone

Smash Champion
Pick one of them

and just kick that one

and spam down smash

and the nyarus love thingy

and forward smash

fast fall nair to throw them just to spread them apart

or up B above there shield and the cool windy part will hurt one and then go straigt down and downsmash (Even if it doesnt work try it...it just sounds too cool and looks soo awsome when it works)

But yeah zeldas like the beezkneez at seperation (I mean she is shiek too ya know, get it? eh eh?)

oh and dins fire while they are recovering lol i forgot you could do that and its oddly appropriate we were just talking about dins fires absurdly low usage...*sigh*
Yeah hitting one climber with din's when they are both recovering will limit the main ones recovery, or if you hit the main one, he can't use Forward B or up+B probably because nana will be falling too low by then. Didn't really think about this. I usually just hold the edge and refresh invincibility until they get tom e and I try and kick or something lol.

Retreating toes are alot harder for Ice climbers to rush back in and punish if you whiff. So less approaching and more retreating. Still gotta mix it up though. Like cosmo was preaching earlier, keep the sweet spot toe on their shield, so it's hard for them to try and wavedash out of shield to come back at you.

I'd be very cautious however using grab to seperate them. It already kinda barely works for other characters with a fast grab, Because the other climber can down-smash you or something, and Zelda's grab is very slow ; ;.

aka.carpet003

Smash Cadet
when i play against ice climbers i play on stages with platforms like battlefield and yoshi's and i find just jumping around kicking and naryu's and nair around the platforms works to separate them. i did this once: i lured them onto a platform and then dropped through it and they dropped too and i kicked nana out. but yeah maybe i just play against bad ice climbers, but i reckon platforms are helpful.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I've got 3 ICs players in my area who I play a lot. I'd pretty much just suggest everything thelake said though... fsmash, nayrus, and dsmash. Kick 'em once they're seperated. Nana's an easy target once she's by herself

Top Bottom