• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Master and Crazy Orders

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
So here it is, A new mode for the Wii U version which can be found in Solo mode. There are high chances of this being Tower of Smash since the blurred name is so long and it is found in Solo.

I honestly think you go to Games & More, Solo, Tower of Smash, Select which order then choose your character.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It sounds like Simon Says, but with everybody's favourite disembodied organs as the hosts of the game.

In all seriousness, it does indeed sound like some sort of mode involving Master Hand and Crazy Hand intervening in the battle. Possibly it's a sort of "random challenge" mode - essentially regular matches with the Hands appearing to make things interesting. They might obscure the screen or change players' size at random.

Maybe it's even a sort of Mario Party spin-off where you traverse a board and fight each-other to reach the end first? You could collect "orders" to summon the Hands and mess up other players' games.

I honestly can't say. I'm just spitballin' here.

LuigiBlood

Smash Rookie
In french, the narrator just says "Commandes Créa-Main" (Master Hand Orders) and "Commandes Dé-Mainiaque" (Crazy Hand Orders). They are definitely related. Sounds likely that they challenge us.

Balgorxz

Smash Journeyman
It's going to be something for amiibos since pretty much everthing in the leaked announcer track 2 was about them.

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
So....Anyone know how to read Japanese? Or do we have to call in Marth and Lucina to translate this? see what i did there
I believe it translates to "MASUDA SAIDO" and "KUREIJI SAIDO", Master Side and Crazy Side. Maybe a split adventure mode...?

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I believe it translates to "MASUDA SAIDO" and "KUREIJI SAIDO", Master Side and Crazy Side. Maybe a split adventure mode...?
Omg you are my hero man. Master Side and Crazy Side eh? Hmmm....Maybe whichever one you choose affects things such as if you fight Master Core or something like that? If this part wasn't blurred out, but the U.S. one was, then that translation has to have a more obvious give-away as to what the mode does. It probably does tie into Master and Crazy Orders somehow.

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
Omg you are my hero man. Master Side and Crazy Side eh? Hmmm....Maybe whichever one you choose affects things such as if you fight Master Core or something like that? If this part wasn't blurred out, but the U.S. one was, then that translation has to have a more obvious give-away as to what the mode does. It probably does tie into Master and Crazy Orders somehow.
OMG THAT EVEN FURTHERS THE FASTFOOD CONNECTION!
"Would you like some fries on the Master Side or the Crazy Side?"

the8thark

Smash Lord
Either this is Sakurai trolling us or I think it's a mode where we vs the master or crazy hand under special match conditions.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Hm. Why do I sense a direct where they explain this a little more, anytime soon? *shrugs* Oh well. Still awesome. I can't wait to see what this mode is all about.

the8thark

Smash Lord
We need someone in the J.ap language to translate this for us ASAP. So we know what it really says.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So was the "Order" rumor part of "Tower of Smash"?

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Hmmm... so since the japanese translates to 'side' and the english one is likely 'orders', that leads me to believe that the mode will have something to do with a fight or war between Master and Crazy hand, in which the players take a 'side', and follow their commander's 'orders'. What that will entail is anyone's guess, but that's generally how I see it playing out. An adventure type mode would make the most sense to me, but who knows. I really do feel like the whole Master Core thing needs a bit more story behind it, rather than just being tacked onto classic, so maybe this will flesh that out a bit more...?

Only time will tell...

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well, well, this is certainly an interesting development.

Looks like Sakurai really was just stalling us before letting the good stuff shine through. The next month is going to be even more interesting than I thought.

We need someone in the J.ap language to translate this for us ASAP. So we know what it really says.
From earlier in the thread (thanks, @ Loïc Loïc !):

Last edited:

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
Oh Trolly Sakurai
Maybe they are both tower of smash, but you fight master or crazy hand at last depending on which u choose? Or u fight FOR master or crazy hand?

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
Hey guys!
My name's zony514. I'm new to Smashboards, so nice to meet ya!

Anyways, since I spotted this point as somebody needed a Japanese speaker, which I'm Japanese and can understand fluently, maybe I can explain that part. In the US they're called "Master Order/Crazy Order", but in Japan its called "Master Side/Crazy Side". Although they're the same, the Japanese version wants to use a certain word which they can understand easily, because "order" can mean anything other than "side" which fits better to their understanding of languages. This happens many times when it comes with Japanese and US versions, which I sometime hardly understand the reason though. Its like "Smash Run" is called "Field Smash" in Japan which represents playing in a large map, and "trophies" is called "figures" in Japan as they're collectibles in the game other than earning as rewards.

But I don't know about the title. The US ver.'s doesn't look like the have an "of" in it if it refers to "Tower of Smash", which may possibly be "Smash World" due to it's length and space in the middle. I don't know about the Japanese one because the might use a different name instead than Smash World.

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
I'm guessing that it's just a new version of classic mode for Wii U. It's probably going to be a lot longer and similar to older classic modes. I'm not getting my hopes up for anything innovative here.

lol watch it just be classic mode.

Actually the other way around. The tower of smash was a part of the smashworld/order leak
WAAAAIT WHAAAT? How so? I never knew ToS was related to Smash World. Maybe I just forgot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Order? Fight characters in order? Master Order could be based on given roster as shown, while Crazy Order could be random with harder challenges. Something.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Why do people think the blurred out word is "order" when it's been said above that the word is "side" as on the Japanese version of the pic?

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Why do people think the blurred out word is "order" when it's been said above that the word is "side" as on the Japanese version of the pic?
They could be named differently in different languages, like how Dark Pit is called Black Pit in Japan.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Well, what can we assume with this.
Well, one, it's not on the 3DS.
It's on solo mode.
It has to do with Crazy Hand and Master Hand.

Now, the obvious out of the way.
The Crazy Hand mode is harder.
This can be assumed due to him having more gold under him. The harder something is, the better the result.

Now, the Japanese names are better to go off of, normally.
I mean, they are more literal.
"Smash Run? What the hell does that mean? A race, I assume?"
"Field Smash? Playing on a field? Like a huge map?"
"Master Order? Like, what?"
"Master side? A side mode with Master Hand?"
So, a side mode with Master Hand/ Crazy Hand.

The reason the name is blurred out in the English pic is because of the leak. Which helps it but also hurts it.

This is as much as we know for sure. The rest is speculation.

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
tfw you revive a 4 day old thread

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Well, what can we assume with this.
Well, one, it's not on the 3DS.
It's on solo mode.
It has to do with Crazy Hand and Master Hand.

Now, the obvious out of the way.
The Crazy Hand mode is harder.
This can be assumed due to him having more gold under him. The harder something is, the better the result.

Now, the Japanese names are better to go off of, normally.
I mean, they are more literal.
"Smash Run? What the hell does that mean? A race, I assume?"
"Field Smash? Playing on a field? Like a huge map?"
"Master Order? Like, what?"
"Master side? A side mode with Master Hand?"
So, a side mode with Master Hand/ Crazy Hand.

The reason the name is blurred out in the English pic is because of the leak. Which helps it but also hurts it.

This is as much as we know for sure. The rest is speculation.
So you're basically claiming that Sakurai is preventing us from seeing it- simply because someone actually leaked "legit" information?
I mean, how do we know he even knows about the leaks at all...?

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So you're basically claiming that Sakurai is preventing us from seeing it- simply because someone actually leaked "legit" information?
I mean, how do we know he even knows about the leaks at all...?
Do you doubt his All-Seeing Eye of Palutena Sakurai?

I think it's just because he wants to keep the suspense built up. Otherwise he wouldn't have just given us this esoteric new menu with the cryptic suggestion of new modes and wouldn't have redacted the names of said modes.

Top Bottom