• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Master and Crazy Orders

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
I think the Japanese translation of "Master Side" and "Crazy Side" suggests either normal or hard difficulty in a classic mode type thing, OR could suggest that we are picking sides. As in, master hand's team, vs. crazy hand's team.

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
So you're basically claiming that Sakurai is preventing us from seeing it- simply because someone actually leaked "legit" information?
I mean, how do we know he even knows about the leaks at all...?
...And that's not the exact reason they revealed Shulk at the time they did, and why the name of the trailer is Looks like we don't have a choice? Sakurai isn't as dumb as you think.

Last edited:

darthnazgul

Smash Cadet
NNID
darthnzgul
I'm just thankful for modes. I wasn't too sure what the Wii U version would get while the 3DS version got Smash Run.

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
Maybe is some kind of story/adventure mode, something like hero story and dark story from Sonic Adventure 2. With different stages and bosses (I can see Crazy Order fighting good guy bosses like Tails in a robot, Plesie, Adeleine, Fredrick, a Pokemon, etc) and after you beat the two modes with every character... Core Order!

Or maybe Crazy Order is just the same but more difficult or with "crazy versions" of the characters...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My theory:

After hearing the Japanese names for the modes...is it possible this mode is something like the "Heroes VS Heralds" mode from Ulitmate Marvel VS Capcom 3?

It kinda sounds like it could be something like that on a basic level. Like, you choose to fight for Master Hand (Good, each character uses their original palette) or Crazy Hand (Bad, each character has a special "dark" colour palette), and capture territory for that side, until you eventually conquer all of the stages for your side. And then, you fight the enemy Hand to win the mode.

The use of Olimar leading Pikmin as the background image fits in with this symbolically, too. Like he's leading a faction.

Also, Olimar's head shape looks all box-like for some reason - maybe the dark versions of characters will have new models entirely?

I have a strong feeling this is what the mode is at it's core - a faction based territory capturing game, where you can upgrade your characters (though this is already naturally a part of the game). It would also work really well with Amiibo.

Just my two cents. If you guys don't know what Heroes VS Heralds was in UMvC3, ye should look it up to get a more detailed idea of what I think this new Smash mode is.

(NOTE: This is not a story mode or adventure mode with special levels)

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Like a few others have said, I'm leaning more towards you're working on behalf of Master/Crazy Hand, hell maybe you even play as them and go against characters. The words "side" and "order" make me think of working with them/for them.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Another possibility is that this over arching mode has two different varying rulesets in the form of Master Orders and Crazy Orders. Kinda like Cosmos Orders and Chaos Orders in Dissidia: Final Fantasy.

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
My theory:

After hearing the Japanese names for the modes...is it possible this mode is something like the "Heroes VS Heralds" mode from Ulitmate Marvel VS Capcom 3?

It kinda sounds like it could be something like that on a basic level. Like, you choose to fight for Master Hand (Good, each character uses their original palette) or Crazy Hand (Bad, each character has a special "dark" colour palette), and capture territory for that side, until you eventually conquer all of the stages for your side. And then, you fight the enemy Hand to win the mode.

The use of Olimar leading Pikmin as the background image fits in with this symbolically, too. Like he's leading a faction.

Also, Olimar's head shape looks all box-like for some reason - maybe the dark versions of characters will have new models entirely?

I have a strong feeling this is what the mode is at it's core - a faction based territory capturing game, where you can upgrade your characters (though this is already naturally a part of the game). It would also work really well with Amiibo.

Just my two cents. If you guys don't know what Heroes VS Heralds was in UMvC3, ye should look it up to get a more detailed idea of what I think this new Smash mode is.

Sounds like a legitimate theory. But the reason Olimar's head looks "box-like" is because it's an elbow. Look at the reflection below him. There's a Wario (I think that's Wario) overlapping him.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just realised:

Why does only Crazy Orders have the "How to Play" icon? Is there something extra special about it compared to Master Orders, that needs explaining?

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
...And that's not the exact reason they revealed Shulk at the time they did, and why the name of the trailer is Looks like we don't have a choice? Sakurai isn't as dumb as you think.
I agree that Sakurai or at least noa higher ups probably know about the leaks at least vaguely. but shulk's trailer is named that because its his battle cry when you fight a powerful opponent on the field in xenoblade

Doc.Pringles

Smash Cadet
The top text doesn't look like Tower of Smash, but it DOES look Smash Tower, or even Moreso Smash World (first 'h' is clear, second word looks like lots of tall letters, a la 'World'). ...

My interpretation, especially when paired with "Smash World" audio leak, is you can choose one of the two master/crazy factions and battle the other, but this doesn't make sense as "solo"..

Last edited:

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
Why wouldn't it make sense as solo? If it really is a faction-choosing, world-conquering thing then it could just have a map or something with different territories, divide those up randomly but evenly at the start of the game, and have CPUs control all the characters who aren't yours. Like Smash Run, they could probably have a group mode version too.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My theory:

This is a really well thought theory and could work quite well. You did a great job in showing how this could deciphered!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Also, if this mode really is like Heroes VS Heralds from UMvC3, then it's safe to say it will be this game's "Smash Run" in that it will be the best way to get equipment and such on Wii U. And maybe, you could use Powers going into battles and have certain ones ready at the touch of one of the triggers too.

Heroes VS Heralds had a customisation system specific to that mode that let you equip the fighters with Cards based on Marvel and Capcom characters, kinda like the stickers in Brawl. Each one had unique buffs. Making the customisation of Smash 4 central to a similar kind of mode in Smash 4 seems sensible.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Just realised:

Why does only Crazy Orders have the "How to Play" icon? Is there something extra special about it compared to Master Orders, that needs explaining?
No. I think it's just an explanation for the whole thing, and that's the best place to put the how to play words.

Ozyroth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ozyroth
Also, if this mode really is like Heroes VS Heralds from UMvC3, then it's safe to say it will be this game's "Smash Run" in that it will be the best way to get equipment and such on Wii U. And maybe, you could use Powers going into battles and have certain ones ready at the touch of one of the triggers too.

Heroes VS Heralds had a customisation system specific to that mode that let you equip the fighters with Cards based on Marvel and Capcom characters, kinda like the stickers in Brawl. Each one had unique buffs. Making the customisation of Smash 4 central to a similar kind of mode in Smash 4 seems sensible.
I loved Heroes and Heralds, but the only problem with your theory is that this mode looks to be single player only (not even local coop). Maybe is some kind of special Classic or Adventure mode. With Master being the rules we all know and love and Crazy orders... wel CRAZY that would explain the "how to play" only under crazy hand.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Heroes VS Heralds had a single player version.

Plus, I'm sure Solo modes will have co-op components too, like in Brawl.

Ozyroth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ozyroth
Oh yeah, I didn't remembered the single player side of H&H. And to clarify, I'd love a mode like H&H on smash.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428

UMvC's Heroes VS Heralds...now that's an interesting part. Not to mention that game also used Galactus the Final Boss as a player too, so maybe this mode can use Master Hand or Crazy Hand as a player instead! They did once for Master Hand in Melee by using a Game Shark, but not anymore, so maybe this can be possible?

Also as references, do mention that one of the Bandai Namco team working on this game also worked on Soul Calibur series. As to realize on the Final Destination stage, we do see that stage have a similar design from Soul Calibur series, which the left part of the stage design resembles Soul Calibur, while the right part of the stage design resembles Soul Edge. By using this reference, maybe this mode can refer to the same game mode which have used in Soul Calibur II, which Link was first appeared as Game Cube version's special guest fighter, while Tekken's Heihachi was PS2's, and Spawn was XBOX's guest fighter. Although I played the game before, I actually don't remember much because it was looong time ago.:urg: But I do remember it was some kind of an adventure mode that dealt with players going to certain areas and fighting against other characters, and upgrading levels and status and something like that. If somebody remember that mode, I'd be glad to explain it for me, but what do you think?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So....Anyone know how to read Japanese? Or do we have to call in Marth and Lucina to translate this? see what i did there
Lucina speaks English in Smash. Marth is the only one that only ever speaks Japanese.
Also, I've heard theories that Master/Crazy Orders has you taking control OF Master/Crazy Hand. I think that'd be cool. That said, I do think that the MvC good vs evil thing sounds more likely.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
GameXplain had a cool idea, in that they figured it would be Heroes VS Heralds-esque, but in between fights, you're "playing" as Master/Crazy Hand, arranging trophies of the characters into whatever territory, and you fight battles as the trophies you chose.

Kinda like "Smash Chess" or something.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion

I don't know, it doesn't have it's own category like Smashh Run. Also what would the difference be of the two hands?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This wouldn't need it's own category though. In hindsight, the mode wouldn't be too difficult to develop, unlike Smash Run, which required a lot of original enemies and it's huge map and stuff.

Here's a video of Heroes VS Heralds so you can get a better idea:

Malcolmnex

Smash Apprentice
too add on to the heroes and heralds concept, what if some tasks include fighting bosses and enemies. (which ties in with boss battle)

all i know is this is NOT classic mode. to go from a scale from 0.0 to 9.0 to just two options...... and on top of that setting up a difficulty menu for classic mode as if its some BIG secret.....

no..... this is big.....

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
But I do remember it was some kind of an adventure mode that dealt with players going to certain areas and fighting against other characters, and upgrading levels and status and something like that. If somebody remember that mode, I'd be glad to explain it for me, but what do you think?
That's the Weapon Master mode. You do indeed travel across a world map and fight other characters in scripted battles, each of which is a chapter in an overarching network of interconnected storylines. Certain fights have special conditions, too, e.g. "fight an opponent with regenerating health" or "the ground is explosive if you fall onto it". There's also dungeons that you can enter, wherein you make your way through a series of rooms on a grid map that slowly reveals itself as you travel, each room being a fight against in an opponent in that dungeon's themed stage, culminating in a battle with the "boss" that you can fight as soon as you've found them on the map.

It's called Weapon Master because you collect and buy alternate weapons for characters as you progress through the world map. You also earn experience as you fight, which levels up your character - since it's saved to your player profile rather than each character, you can swap characters at any time and maintain your accrued level. Level progression doesn't actually alter your game or characters in any remarkable way, it's just for bragging rights and to show how much you've played the mode.

I could see something like that working in Smash, definitely. It'd be a cool and interesting alternative to the usual scripted Adventure mode and would allow you to play all sorts of different opponents in various challenging situations, and you could collect and buy equipment, powers and custom moves as you play. The Master Hand / Crazy Hand theme could allow you to take different routes or create different battle conditions with tougher opponents and proportionately greater rewards.

Great catch, though! I like the way you think, good sir, and thanks for reminding me of what a swell game Soul Calibur is!

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
This wouldn't need it's own category though. In hindsight, the mode wouldn't be too difficult to develop, unlike Smash Run, which required a lot of original enemies and it's huge map and stuff.

Here's a video of Heroes VS Heralds so you can get a better idea:

Well, I wonder if there would be any other differences in the Master and Crazy modes. I find little to no difference in modes not Sakurai.

Last edited:

Azew

Smash Lord
This may seem a bit far feched, but I would love a big team battle between the Master and Crazy Order. There could be 5 people on each team and each with 4 normal characters and one player controling Master/Crazy hand, depending on the team. The fight would take place on a big stage the size of :4palutena:'s Temple, and a mini war could take place between each order. Of course this is just from my imagination.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Lucina speaks English in Smash. Marth is the only one that only ever speaks Japanese.
Also, I've heard theories that Master/Crazy Orders has you taking control OF Master/Crazy Hand. I think that'd be cool. That said, I do think that the MvC good vs evil thing sounds more likely.
I know, the joke was that since Lucina was a descendant of Marth, she possibly could know some Japanese and translate what Marth would say. But i guess that was a bit too much to have people guess though.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Perhaps it's just a lottery mode... Master is more standard and Crazy is more based on luck.

Chrono.

Hmm I'm wondering if that 'Ticket Selection' snippet has anything to do with these Orders.

Top Bottom