• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness Ranking Battle +$250 to singles pot!

Prawn

Smash Master
**** IM BRINGING A COMPUTER TO DO COMMENTARY WITH MAFIA LOL

megahype. we'll get kevinm on the mic too

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
so just to clarify. this will be the way we determine that i am the best in new england right?

i will most likely probably have to attend this event

edit: which of my 13~ chars should i pick up for this tourn? i am thinking my mario needs to make a comeback
Jigglypuff needs a comeback :)

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I'll still post every now and again, but I'm done. got other stuff on my plate.

and at least it's not like the end of the sopranos where it just cuts off mid sent-

dudutsai

Smash Lord
If anyone has and is willing to bring N64 and Pokemon Puzzle League, I'd be willing to MM in that game.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
This will be fun...

Edit: What are the stage banning rules?
Stage Striking:
At the beginning of the set, each player may strike one stage from the random list.
(It is only banned from the random selection, and can still be counter-picked later in the set)

Stage Selection:

Singles Random List: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story,
Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, and Pokemon Stadium
Counterpick Stages: Brinstar, Corneria, Kongo Jungle 64, Mute City, Poke Floats, Rainbow Cruise.

What?

$mike

Smash Ace
wut @ counterpick stages matt

is there any legitimate reason to have corneria/mute city/poke floats legal?...

brinstar/rainbow cruise are possibly arguable. but you should consider changing the list imo

anyway idk if i'll even be here. i'll be at hog though

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
wut @ counterpick stages matt

is there any legitimate reason to have corneria/mute city/poke floats legal?...

brinstar/rainbow cruise are possibly arguable. but you should consider changing the list imo

anyway idk if i'll even be here. i'll be at hog though
Well.

Poke Floats in a NE staple.
Mute City being banned is silly. I'm not taking that off just because people don't know how to play there.
I am a fan of Corneria and always have been.
Brinstar is staying on for the same reason as Mute City and because there is no reason to ban it.
Rainbow Cruise has no real reason to be banned.

I'm leaving those on.
So, yeah.
Welcome to Mass Madness.

soooo what's the counterpick ban rule
I edited it in lol read the first post.

Also I'm going to be using the results from this and HoG to start an Elo ranking system which I totally stole from the texas PR thread (credited in first post)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
you know there are people who considered coming but won't now because of the gay stagelist

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
you know there are people who considered coming but won't now because of the gay stagelist
Such as ?

I don't get why stages that most tournaments don't use are now branded as "gay."
Those stages are fun and most characters can do well on them
*shrug*

$mike

Smash Ace
Well.

Poke Floats in a NE staple. ...and? doesn't change the fact that it should be banned due to the same reason of all the other cps you have listed below.
Mute City being banned is silly. I'm not taking that off just because people don't know how to play there. lol, matt, mute city isn't banned because people don't know how to play there. you can say that same thing about all the other stages on this list.
I am a fan of Corneria and always have been. see pokefloats response
Brinstar is staying on for the same reason as Mute City and because there is no reason to ban it. i can argue both of these stages' illegitimacy.
Rainbow Cruise has no real reason to be banned. see above response

I'm leaving those on.
So, yeah.
Welcome to Mass Madness.
matt, nothing against you personally, but i think the immature/rude manner you handle this is pretty lol for a tournament organizer. i like your tournaments a lot, but you're hella closed minded when it comes to this stuff. i didn't bother typing out the reasons why those stages should be banned because it would probably be a waste of time.

i'm guessing i'm the only one to have said anything, but is everyone really ok with these stages?..

edit: matt, "those stages are fun and most characters do well on them"

the only people that play those stages for fun are the ones that don't know how to abuse them in the unfair manner which they can

and i have to say you're ridiculously wrong about the second half of that sentence. all of those stages accompany unfair advantages to like, 5 characters overall. the majority of the cast has an unfair disadvantage on them.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
niko and the rest of tfs were contemplating coming up for mass madness till they saw the stage list, many other players have expressed discontentment with the stages in the past as well

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Those are the stages that were on when I started, and for the most part I'd like to keep them on because of that.
I like these stages, and if people are seriously that against it they can just not come and go whine until HoG3 begins.

If the outcry becomes a huge impact on the tournament, however, I'll probably cave. However for now I'd like to keep it as is. Really almost all these stages have been on for nearly EVERY Mass Madness.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
TO gets to decide the ruleset >_>
Matt feeling like having a stage on is all the reason he needs, even if it doesn't make sense.

Even if you don't agree isn't it going a bit far to call him rude and immature because he doesn't want to have a stage debate?

I personally hate Corneria, but as long as there's no Green Greens I'm okay.

Also DCLXVI comes almost exclusively to play on Pokefloats.

$mike

Smash Ace
TO gets to decide the ruleset >_>
Matt feeling like having a stage on is all the reason he needs, even if it doesn't make sense.

Even if you don't agree isn't it going a bit far to call him rude and immature because he doesn't want to have a stage debate?

I personally hate Corneria, but as long as there's no Green Greens I'm okay.

Also DCLXVI comes almost exclusively to play on Pokefloats.
i'm not insisting he changes the stage list, i just wanted to bring it up for consideration because it should be noticed

"matt feeling like having a stage is all the reason he needs, even if it doesn't make sense."
lol no **** dude, he can do whatever he wants for no reason, but it doesn't change the fact that it's not right, keeping the players in mind. you basically lost sight of my messages completely

and yeah, i think matt comes off as rude/immature with the way he discusses the matter, simply because of the unethical reasons behind the stages being there, let alone the lack of understanding or open-mindness to adhere to a player's feedback. if he doesn't want to change it, whatever, but at least show some respect or give me a sense that you hear me out

in regard to the last sentence,

if my crew and i come to mass madness "almost exclusively" to play on icicle mountain, can it be legal?

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Matt's reasons were basically all "because I like that stage". If you weren't insisting on the stages to be changed, you wouldn't have bothered to type out all the responses to why his obviously flawed argument was wrong.

About his attitude, I guess I'm so used to Matt that I didn't notice it without having to go back and reread. I don't really think he's rude, maybe just too tired of arguing about the stage list with people.

The last sentence was directed at Yedi, who was talking about TFS not coming. It's not an argument for the stage.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Nah I heard Irish Mafia is among the finest of peach mains, beating out great Marth mains daily and probably is number 1 on the power rankings of massachusetts

Top Bottom