• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness: Championship Edition - Framingham, MA - Aug 24th

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
What an exhausting day!

This tournament was without a doubt one of my favorite events that I have ever run, and the largest Melee tournament I've ever done period. I want to thank everyone for making it out to this and making it so big - We ended up at 70 entrants!

Join us on facebook in New England Melee to stay up-to-date on our scene and find players in your area!

A huge shoutout to JessiahTEG & the Rochester Crew for driving from Upstate NY - It's always great to see you guys. I wish I wasn't so distracted by TOing and got to hang out with you more (this goes for everyone!). And to PapaSpitFire (Mr. Rocko!?) for driving d1, reno, hax, and the moon from NY. I'll see you guys at Justice 2 on Sept 21st.

Thank you to Swiftbass for helping setup early in the day and helping me to run the tournament as quickly as we could - We had 19 setups going at our peak, with more TVs but not enough space for them. Nice job everyone, without your help bringing consoles and TVs we wouldn't have had the tournament we did! I think I even saw people playing Project:M in the parking lot at one point.

KevinM, KoreanDJ, Dazwa, Tian, Mofo, and Nuro - You were all a huge help in moving pools along and I can't thank you enough for that.

Thank you to VGBC for bringing the best stream Mass Madness has ever had and getting us on the front page of Shoryuken!
And thanks to Game Underground for allowing us to run the best Melee tournaments in New England at their store since 2007.
Shoutouts to the waitress that gave me her number at ihop after the tournament.

Fun fact: This was the largest Melee tournament New England has had in the last few years - It definitely set a record for the NESS Circuit!

Doubles results & bracket:
1: Hax + th0rn ($126.00)
2: Reno + KoreanDJ ($63.00)
3: Swiftbass + Tope ($21.00)
4: Dazwa + Zoso
5: JessiahTEG + Gravy
5: MattDotTian
7: Elen + Trees
7: Sora + SOLAR
9: T-Webb + Jax
9: Hart + ECJ
9: AwsmLemon
9: Nitro + Biological Nun
13: Sai + WeaponX
13: Frame + Vark
13: Crush + Blanky
13: Omar + Mecks
17: BoatMode + Cheren
17: Rita Carries Team
17: Future + Vino (6x Better)
17: SCK + AOI
17: WyzDM + Steve
17: JoeM + Temp

Singles top12 & bracket:
1: Hax $405
2: mew2king (forfeit Grand Finals) $203
3: th0rn $120
4: KoreanDJ $72
5: Swiftbass $45
6: MattDotZeb $27
7: T-webb $18
7: The Moon $18
9: Sai
9: Zoso
9: Spawn
9: Tope

Singles top32 & bracket:
9: kevinm
9: Dazwa
9: Mafia
9: JessiahTEG
13: papaSpitFire
13: Gravy
13: Mofo
13: sora
17: AwsmSean
17: ProSkater
17: WeaponX
17: Reno
17: ECJ
17: Tian
17: Mr Lemon
17: hart
25: crush
25: Blahyay
25: Nuro
25: tichinde925
25: kyu Puff
25: SOLAR
25: Nitro
25: andy

Pool results up tomorrow.

Event thread

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
This was a great event. I was really happy with my performance here; I think I won 2 sets and had two 1-2 sets, which doesn't sound like much but it's really good compared to what I usually do. I felt like I was playing well and I think I'm starting to regain some of my Jigglypuff skill which I've been losing over the last 2 years. I even managed to resist the temptation to play Project M until after the whole Melee event was over :p Can't wait for more tournaments and I'm looking forward to getting back into this game again.

P.S. Prog, when are you coming back so we can talk for more than a minute?

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
Just... Why ?!

In actuality, he received the injury due to a fapping accident.

I think it's a terrible excuse unless he has proof, which he doesn't. People need to just learn how to admit defeat without stupid excuses with no proof to back them up. Man up and get better or shut up and keep it to yourself. Either way without proof it sounds downright funny to me. I chuckle reading these gems these "pro smashers" spit out when they lose. :awesome:

Top Bottom