• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 3A- Swedish Delights Results!!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Melee Doubles

1: Four Stock Strong: Abandon Stocks or Abandon All Hope (KevinM and Mafia) ($66.00)
2: Flesh Wang (Bank$ and Th0rn) ($33.00)
3: Hyper Sentinel Force (Elen and Trees) ($11.00)
4: Chemtrails (Solar and Hoggle)
5: Socrates (Zoso and Benjamin Fresh Locke)
5: Hailey And WeaponX
7: Sour Lemon
7: Avant Garde Futurist Throwback Masterpiece
9: Foxlisk and P2 Peppertooth
9: Pwnu
9: Sweat & Suit

Melee Singles: 28 Total Entrants

1: Thorn (134.60)
2: ZoSo (61.60)
3: KevinM (39.20)
4: Elen (22.40)
5: Mafia (11.20)
5: Travis (11.20)
7: Banks ()
7: Diesel ()
9: Pro Skater ()
9: SOLAR ()
-Swiss Cutoff-

Melee Draft Crews

Team Zoso wins with 6 Stocks Left!!!!!!!!

Team Zoso

Zoso
HaileyM
KevinM
Elen
Trees
Flo
Benjamin Locke
Diesel
Sora
Travis
Shawn
Jesse

Team Th0rn

Th0rn
Arc
Bank$
Mafia
Egg$
Yong
Moto
Hoggle
Solar
CK Tom
Lemon
Dork

Shoutouts to everyone that helped me and Jared run another successful event and a BIG BIG BIG Special Shoutout to Robin for helping us out with the Swiss Program as well as staying behind the counter all day to make sure things ran smoothly!!

Diesel

Smash Journeyman
GODLIKE TOURNAMENT. Woulda been nice to have a bit bigger turnout, but we're still crushin' Tristate's attendance record.

Everybody I beat, GG's for real.

Everybody who beat me, I suggest you savor the flavor as it might not happen again.

Shoutouts later, yo.

Yo? YOLO.

Naughty Pixel

Smash Apprentice
shoutouts to everyone who got a chance to stomp me, particularly shawn and travis (i think). Had a great time playing friendlies with you two hope to do it again this summer.

(I registered as Hooked, don't really like this tag any more =P)

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
This was really awesome, and swiss is awesome. Good games everyone. I choked in crews tho lololol. Oh well Travis ****ed everyone up for me :D

Travis is an up and coming Falco from RI. He's improving a ton.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
So mrs. Swift wants to spend a weekend in boston. yeah iusually say i wil try to make one of these but since she wants to go up here anyways why not go the next mass madness right?.....we shall see. good stuff everyone.

:phone:

Elen

Smash Lord
So mrs. Swift wants to spend a weekend in boston. yeah iusually say i wil try to make one of these but since she wants to go up here anyways why not go the next mass madness right?.....we shall see. good stuff everyone.

:phone:
Yo Swift, stay in touch with us on that, it would be awesome. I haven't seen you in years!

Tournament was so much fun guys, can't wait for the next one!

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I understand that this was run with Swiss so the results might not be available in tio form, but do you guys have tio files or bracket images for any of the other Mass Madness tournaments? I tried PMing KevinM awhile ago but he never got back to me.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I don't ever remember receiving a PM from you :( :(..

Anyways Shouteezies!

1: Thorn (134.60) - Another close set and another disappointing way to finish it, oh well :(. Your sheik was something entirely unexpected and I hope I never have to see something like it again ;). Good games man and good seeing you

2: ZoSo (61.60)- Good stuff man, our sets are always close and always a good time, but more importantly I really like hanging out with you as usual, I know we never talked about it again but it meant a lot to me that you offered to replay the set, I just didn't want any hard feelings between us and wanted to be able to give it my all in the set just like I could in losers finals.. I mean uh.. You weren't trying yet either?

3: KevinM (39.20) - :)

4: Elen (22.40) - Great job again man, I think we're getting this TOing thing down :p, thanks for all your help and as usual awesome to talk to you, also I FINALLY DID IT!! Now you can officially move onto project M ;). See you soon bro <3.

5: Mafia (11.20)- Hey man you said last tournament that we were going to start winning teams and welp. Swag. Good seeing you and I'm really excited about how we did, sorry to wreck you in crews in front of all your fans ;). See you soon?

5: Travis (11.20)- MY MAN! I'm amped as hell at how good you've gotten and how fast you've done it, keep on keeping on and I wouldn't be surprised for you to surpass everyone in NE, your drive is something I wish a lot of other smashers have for the game and your attitude towards your wins and losses is in my opinion really solid.

7: Banks () - This was probably the least we've ever hung out at a mass madness :( you seemed like you weren't playing all that well but I hope you still had a good time :).

7: Diesel ()- My man finally starting to see some results coming out of all that training, keep on keeping on and I'mma shoot you a text sometime this week because it looks like SWAGG is gonna be a possibility after all.

9: Pro Skater ()- Handsome Joe, more like we should actually try and play at one of these tournaments and or at least have a side event watching you play THUG <3 thanks for coming out man it's always a pleasure to see you.

9: SOLAR ()- Close MM man I really thought you had me up until Game 3 then a lot of Fox things were happening, sorry about your car at the end I'm glad you guys finally got a jump :).

Jesse- Thanks for coming out man, good thing I banned brinstar, didn't want anymore of those unfortunate rumors going around >: ).

Edmund- Fake

Yedi- Fake

Nick- Fake

Shawn- Yay Shawn good job coming out and I'm glad to see you keep improving, gotta get rid of those habits that Dave always yells at you for and you'll continue to see good results :p

Yong- We didn't talk much this time but man was it funny noticing you in the RI smashfest corner of R2 Swiss and it getting even funnier.

Hoggle- Good luck over on the WC power leveling!!

Hailey- Thanks for all your help running the tournament and good job in teams :) you and WX looking to be a powerhouse!! I love you :)

WeaponX- Now we can check off our monthly play at Mass Madness scenario again :(, I'm sorry the randomizer of Swiss decided to play me down instead of Solar or Elen, figures we would have had to play again. You were playing really well though and I don't know how you seem to improve when you don't play often :p

Sora- The Ylink king, real talk you're getting really good with that character, sorry my character is just better :p Good job against Bank$ though.. you were our clear counterpick for the matchup

Phil- I DID IT!!! Watching you play Marvel is amazing and I'm sure I'll be chilling with you soon.

BenjaSwag Locke- Thanks for coming out, I know by the end of the day you weren't really feeling the smash bros but I hope you enjoyed the draft crews and don't worry we'll descend into the darkness soon enough.

Arc- Thanks for coming and hanging out with us man, I really wish I saw you more often.

CK- Figures the one time we finally do our Falcon/Falco MM is the one time I feel like my Falcon is playing 100 percent on point :p haha sorry about that but I'm glad you came out THAT HAIRCUT WAS LOOKIN MEGASWAG

Chili's Waiter Guy- U MAD?

Thanks everyone for coming out I hope you enjoyed Swiss we'll hopefully be able to run it with more set-ups and more rounds at the next tournament!!!!!

@Max

Bracket Images are on Robin's computer and I'm sure Jared will upload them as soon as he gets online

Swiss info went to top 10 as I recall as

1. Th0rn 6-0
2. Elen 5-1
3. KevinM 5-1
4. Zoso 4-2
5. Banks 4-2
6. Travis 4-2
7. Mafia 4-2
8. Proskater 4-2
9. Diesel 4-2
10. SOLAR 4-2

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I don't ever remember receiving a PM from you :( :(..
That's ok. My PM was just asking if you or someone else still had tio files or bracket images for the Mass Madness series for the ssbpd. The EC is really lacking data compared to WC so having Mass Madness in there would really help a lot.

Elen

Smash Lord
That's ok. My PM was just asking if you or someone else still had tio files or bracket images for the Mass Madness series for the ssbpd. The EC is really lacking data compared to WC so having Mass Madness in there would really help a lot.
All of the brackets from the previous tournament are in that results thread (I believe it is labelled mass madness 2a results)! Here are the tio bracket images from this tournament, and a screenshot of the swiss results. (Kevin, if you move these to the first post I'll remove them from down here!)

We used the swiss system as a seeding method for the bracket, in case that was not understood.

Doubles

Singles

Swiss Standings

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Cool, do you guys have the actual tio files though? Otherwise someone has to go through old brackets and manually reconstruct the tio files, which is really time consuming for us. It'd also be really nice to have results from the past few years if you guys still have it.

Elen

Smash Lord
Cool, do you guys have the actual tio files though? Otherwise someone has to go through old brackets and manually reconstruct the tio files, which is really time consuming for us. It'd also be really nice to have results from the past few years if you guys still have it.
Unfortunately, Kevin and I just took over Mass Madness, and have only been running it for three months. The first one was run on a store computer, so I only have the tio files from this month and last. I can get those to you if you would like, but that's all we have! Sorry!

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Feel free to directly upload the tio files you have to the ssbpd. Or you can email them to nintendude1189@gmail.com and I'll upload them. Whatever works. Did MattDotZeb run the previous ones or was it someone else? Also, for the one that was on a store computer, was the bracket image posted in the results thread?

pkmaximum

Smash Cadet
Hey, It's Travis

Just wanted to say, I had a great time playing everyone, and I definitely think Swiss is the future of the tournament scene, it just adds a new level of balance. With that said Shout-outs!

Thorn - I can't say I'm too disappointed that I didn't have to face you in Bracket, but I still enjoyed playing friendlies even if my *** got handed to me lol. Congratulations on winning Singles, I definitely can learn a lot from you one Falco main to another. Hopefully we can get together at one of these RI Smash fests eventually and get some more friendlies going.

Elen - I'm disappointed we didn't get to play each other this time around, but I'm sure it'll happen soon. Thanks for all the hard work you put into hosting the tournament with Kevin. It's guys like you that keep the scene alive.

KevinM - Great Games! Every time I play your Fox it's always a learning experience for me. There is definitely some habits I'm going to work on before we go up against each other again (Swag?) Also, thanks for the feedback, my improvement is driven by the awesome community we have here in New England and the hype that comes with it. I definitely want to extend my thanks for your hard work and effort into hosting the second Mass Madness I have attended. You did a great job with Elen running Swiss and Draft Crews, in fact, I can't imagine it running more smoothly than it did with the number of setups we had.

Zoso - Out of all the shout outs, I definitely owe the most to you. Without a doubt, I wouldn't' even be near the level I am now if you weren't constantly critiquing my style and pointing out those bad habits and mistakes I have (And of course telling me I'm "***" on a daily basis). It's really encouraging when I keep seeing your improvement as well; taking second place in Mass Madness is awesome! I definitely see the possibilities of RI really moving up in the rankings of the Smash community. Playing you in Swiss and bracket, I seriously was blown away with how well you were reading into me, everyone else was telling me I was a tough read, but you just make it look so easy to break my style down lol. I think you have a ton of potential, you have such a deep understanding of the game and you have the ability and skill set to apply that, I definitely see you in time being the best in New England!

Banks - Didn't get to play each other in tournament or draft crews unfortunately, but still got a few good friendlies in. I still haven't played your Shiek yet though, I'll definitely make a note to do that next time.

Mafia - Again, it's too bad we didn't face each other in tournament or crews, however, we had some damn good friendlies. Your Captain Falcon gave me some major difficulties, and that's my best and most experienced matchup! You definitely need to come down here to some of the RI Smash Fests (I'll be hosting a bunch this summer), and I need to get a rematch on the Falco ditto from the previous Mass Madness.

Solar - Sorry I didn't enter doubles, just wasn't feeling it for some reason. Next tournament I go to though, I think I'll enter for the experience. I'm not going to lie, I was worried how it was going to go in crews if I had to play your Fox again, luckily for me you opted to go Peach lol. Thanks for all the positive feedback you have given me these last three tournaments, you're definitely one of my favorite smashers.

Diesel - What close games we had mate! I definitely had to pull out everything I knew during our set to come out with those wins. I don't know if I would have been able to run that back and get the same results if we played again right after that. I have a feeling moving forward we're going to be evenly matched for a while lol.

Pro Skater - You honestly gave me a run for my money in that first match we had. Sorry about the second match, definitely didn't feel good about winning with you self destructing three times.

Weapon X - Don't think we played.......or did we?

Trees - You have an amazing Captain Falcon dude! Captain Falcon is my best match up and you took me down to 1 stock on both rounds of Swiss, definitely was a close set. We're definitely getting more friendlies in next tournament we're both in.

Yong - RI representing! Your Samus is still the best I have played to date. Like I said on the ride home, I'm a little disappointed we didn't get to play each other at all, but no worries I suppose. iHop?

Sora - Didn't get a chance to play you at all this time around, but great job during the crew battle. You were definitely our counter-pick against Bank$

Shawn - I think it goes without saying that you're my rival, and you definitely continue to motivate me to keep improving so I don't fall behind. You definitely weren't on your game this time around, but honestly, this happens to everyone at some point or another, you just need to find that inner state where you can keep your focus and not let outside pressures mess with your game. Thanks for driving the RI crew to the tournament, means a lot.

Gonzo - Sorry you had to walk an hour and a half to catch the bus. Great friendlies, your Sheik definitely has potential. They're are a lot of bad habits I caught of yours that I forgot to bring up to you while we were playing, we'll talk more about that next time.

Foxlisk - I bumped into you and said remind me to play you, and it never happened lol. Next tournament I guess.

Hoggle - Don't think we played......

My Tummy Hurts - Looks like Poke' Floats has evaded us again lol. Honestly, your Sheik has come a long way and you continue to just keep improving more and more. I think your hold ups are similar to Shawn & Yong's, you just need to get into an inner state where you can focus on your way of playing, rather than external pressures that cause you to choke. I know you can tech-chase spot on when you're in the zone, so master that state. Thanks for continuously hosting the Smash fests on Monday's, you're definitely the reason in my opinion why the RI smash community is looking so good. Now let's talk Swag......

Lemon - It was great seeing you again, your Doc. is still looking good. It's too bad we didn't get a chance to play.

HaileyM - Great seeing you again, wish we got a chance to talk more, I think I was way too into the game for conversation lol. Major credit goes to you for finishing up and taking the win in draft crews for our team! You definitely need to come to more Smash fests with Kevin! This summer I'll be hosting Smash/pool parties (probably on Friday nights) starting beginning of June till end of August, I'm just going to assume you'll make time to be there.

Egg$ - Didn't play.....

Got Pho - Didn't play......

Moto - Didn't Play......

Leif - Good games!

P2Peppertooth - Didn't play.....

Dork - Good games, you had me nervous in the beginning of the match on the first round.

Hooked - I'm glad I was able to give you some feedback, look forward to playing again soon.

Great tournament everyone!

Mr.Lemon

Smash Journeyman
It was great seeing and playing everyone again. Good **** Travis, when did you get so good?

I wasn't a big fan of the swiss style, but it was nice to mix things up.

HaileyM

Smash Apprentice
travis, i'll definitely be there this summer! also pool party/smashfest sounds amazingggg.

kev & jared- great tournament as always!
ROBIN <333 GOOD JOB RUNNING STUFF <33

weaponx-thanks for teaming, our double peach is beast :)

kevin-i love you and you just keep getting better and better, its cray

four stock strong- good stuff guys

dan- YOLO. btw do you think i should open up a tattoo business because of how great the tats i draw are?

mafia-you're fake for leaving right after the tournament

WPI- fake *****s, except stanley.

Arc- glad you came to this & came out with us after!

everyone I played, good games and stuff

Top Bottom