• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 2A - After Apex Hype Train! SHIRTS OFF

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
th0rn and I were planning to team at the next local we were both at.

BUT, if you're here I'll have to go with you obviously.
Nah you should team w/ Th0rn then ... im sure u guys will do well

Mafia? where you at pergina? Team w/ ME!!!!

JayFox

Smash Rookie
Just wanted to say hi and that I'm excited. This will be my first tournament. I think the crew battles would be great.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Good stuff Fatal and awesome to hear Jayfox can't wait to have you meet up with everyone!

Also me and Mafia's super secret team name is revealed as

Zaza Bargblor Swag

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Might come to this cause melee is awesome, Stinks I'm just bad at it.
basing it off of the Marth mirrors we played @ Moose, you're not bad at melee at all Fatal lol.

You have the high level player mindset and your survival DI is amazing. If you've been practicing since october i wouldn't be surprised if you're better than me now lol -_-

:phone:

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
argh kevinM and Maf are teaming

who that's good wants to team w/ me?

Elen? Is Kdj taken? Darc? Banks?

I **** at teams !!! I hate my life DX

Banks

Smash Hero
me and th0rn were planning on teaming for one of either this tournament or HoG, and me and Solar are teaming at the other one

otherwise I'd definitely be down

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
Hey guys, Looks like I'll probably be going to this with some Maine players. I'm pretty excited to play so many new people. I go to Bowdoin College in Brunswick Maine now, but I'm HBOX's like childhood training partner. We started playing together in like 5th grade or so...

now with intro's out of the way...

Since pools are for seeding, I was thinking of proposing swiss which I think is a lot of fun and I think has one of the most accurate seeding systems.

The way it works is
Five to Seven Rounds of Swiss:

32 players or less: 5 Rounds of Swiss
33 to 64 players: 6 Rounds of Swiss
More than 64 players: 7 Rounds of Swiss

All players are paired together randomly for the first round. They all play their matches, and report the results. Those who won their game in the first round receive 1 point and those who lost receive 0 points. Players with the same score are then paired together randomly for round 2. Repeat the process for round 3, etc. After 5 to 7 rounds of Swiss, players will be properly seeded for the following portion of the tournament.

Less than 24 players: Top 8 advance
24 - 63 players: Top 16 advance
64 or more players: Top 32 advance
Top 8/16/32 seeded players advance to double elimination bracket

If 2 players tie for last seed of 8/16/32 they will play a tiebreaker match, if 3 to 5 players tie they will play a round robin pool. If more than 5 players tie for a spot in the bracket it will be ranked by Opponents Win Percentage (OWP) this will be calculated by software. All other seeding will automatically be done by software.

All players are guaranteed at least five matches, you are only out of the regular tournament when the five rounds are completed and you do not make it into Top 8/16/32.

And then often we like to do amateur brackets for like 1 dollar entry or something for those who didn't make it into the main bracket. I think it's really good because you get to have a lot of matches and it's super super accurate.

Naturally a program does the pairing for matches so once you enter the names of the players, it pretty much does all the matches by itself.

Let me know what you guys think!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Hey CC, glad to see your excited about coming to a Mass Madness tournament! As for the swiss format, we're already planning on beginning to run that solid format after the tournament we have scheduled on the 11th.

Our reasoning for withholding is that we're currently garnering some OOS attendance and we don't want to change the format so close to the date when they're so used to how a traditional Mass Madness is run.

Hope you understand!

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
@ captaincrunch: so your history with HBOX would make you a sheik main right?

No, Juan's brother fermin and one of the people in WATO (HBOX's crew) play shiek.
I actually main fox, but I've also played marth and shiek at one point.

Hey CC, glad to see your excited about coming to a Mass Madness tournament! As for the swiss format, we're already planning on beginning to run that solid format after the tournament we have scheduled on the 11th.

Our reasoning for withholding is that we're currently garnering some OOS attendance and we don't want to change the format so close to the date when they're so used to how a traditional Mass Madness is run.

Hope you understand!

Sweet. Wow that's awesome. and yeah it's cool, I didn't expect anything to be changed. I'm totally cool with pools. I just wanted to throw the idea out there and see what everyone thought. Either way is fine by me.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
Omg <3 KevinMdaBess
@kevin- you should put as a title "The return of Wigglez?!"

1. bcuz we need my brother back in melee
2. Dazwa misses him
3. MY brother is the man and everyone loves him
4. He's 4th in NH (check it out)
5. I need a teammate
6. Dazwa misses him
7. I miss my brother playing melee w me :'(

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
WIGGLES IS GOING?

faslndfkasjnhfaskhnfsadlkjhflkj
Change the title KevinM cuz ITS OFFICIAL! Wigglez has returned!!!!!!

Ken Y and Wigglez are making a comeback!!

Now im hyped!!:awesome:

faslndfkasjnhfaskhnfsadlkjhflkj

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
No, Juan's brother fermin and one of the people in WATO (HBOX's crew) play shiek.
I actually main fox, but I've also played marth and shiek at one point.
oh lol. From what i had read (or heard on a commentary somewhere i forget) i had the understanding that hbox is good against sheik 'cause he'd played the MU a ton when he started out, so i thought i'd ask. You must be pretty good huh? lol *goes to look up youtube videos*

Banks

Smash Hero
from the looks of this buildup, everyone is gonna leave the tournament drenched in hype juice

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Man that's awesome I haven't seen that guy in forever.

This tournament is going to be swagged out...

now we just need Hayato/KJ/Patpro/Jholla car and my life will be complete

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
hope i get banks in my pool! =D

if not i'll have to track you down so we can play some serious casuals lol

i'm gonna die inside of i don't make it out of pools again: i'll just take gonzo's advice and beat everyone :smirk:

EDIT: kevinm you seem to be confused, swagg is a tournament series in ct :troll:

Elen

Smash Lord
Pretty funny that someone else brought up swiss style when we were already planning on testing that out in the near future. It seems superior for many, many reasons for everyone involved. Hopefully the tournament after this we'll have all the software and experience we need to try it out.

Can't wait for this guys, it's going to be awesome. I do already have a teammate Ken, sorry man!

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
oh lol. From what i had read (or heard on a commentary somewhere i forget) i had the understanding that hbox is good against sheik 'cause he'd played the MU a ton when he started out, so i thought i'd ask. You must be pretty good huh? lol *goes to look up youtube videos*

Haha, Well we'll see. I'm ok. I'm really really really good at the jiggs matchup, but I'm like average at other matchups. And all the vids on there are really olddddd. But yeah. I do ok. I still have a long way to go though. I'm hoping to really practice and get better. It's good to be outside of FL and playing a bunch of new people all the time. I'm pretty hyped about this tourney though. Should be fun.

Oh but yeah he's played shiek a lot. Actually the first person that was like "hard" for him was like a good family friend who played shiek. We sucked back then though. And he played with his brother like every day basically who only played shiek and peach. Not to mention that we played like every day. But I'll mostly take credit for his fox and marth matchups, I didn't play shiek that often at all. Actually I believe there's still a hole in his wall from when he got mad at my marth for always beating him. lolol
That was back then though, my marth can't touch him now, only my fox can beat his puff and that's not super often.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Haha, Well we'll see. I'm ok. I'm really really really good at the jiggs matchup, but I'm like average at other matchups. And all the vids on there are really olddddd. But yeah. I do ok. I still have a long way to go though. I'm hoping to really practice and get better. It's good to be outside of FL and playing a bunch of new people all the time. I'm pretty hyped about this tourney though. Should be fun.

Oh but yeah he's played shiek a lot. Actually the first person that was like "hard" for him was like a good family friend who played shiek. We sucked back then though. And he played with his brother like every day basically who only played shiek and peach. Not to mention that we played like every day. But I'll mostly take credit for his fox and marth matchups, I didn't play shiek that often at all. Actually I believe there's still a hole in his wall from when he got mad at my marth for always beating him. lolol
That was back then though, my marth can't touch him now, only my fox can beat his puff and that's not super often.
thanks for the smash backstory, very interesting. If\when we play it'll be interesting to see how badly you beat me the matches go lol. I did see a video of your marth from a while ago, hope you can JC your grabs now lolmao

KevinM if we find the time i'll mm you. One dollar. Probably marth vs fox. Maybe sheik. Or maybe a mirror. Or maybe even my way rusty mewtwo. It'll depend on how i'm playing and if we get put in the same pool (assuming your entering)

also mafia if\when you read this you owe me a marth vs peach mm ok? :awesome:

Top Bottom