• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masquerade Mafia / Mafia Wins!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
alright, alright. I hear you.

Let me just clarify though: I set a date at 11:59 EST and the ~30 aspect was just a general ideal as to when it would end. I could not get to the deadline on that EXACT minute and I was running late from my standard I set.

Moreover, I did not state the deadline was changed. I only said I'd do it when I woke up. I posted that votecount so clearly I was awake therefore there was no predated change. The only variable in this case would've been had I not been woken up. I'm sorry you took the ~30 part as nothing more than a general idea, however, if you're going to twist my arm I will comply and eat my own words in that I did say about 30, and technically, Aquariusboy posted within such. I am a bit peeved however that this happened and I am being repimanded as the game god to try and follow the rules in which I set. I put a deadline at 11:59 EST on the 29th, and I wanted to follow it. Nobody has ever gotten to deadline on the exact minute, not even from the last game.

I also gave you an extension from the original set date due to inactivity. This won't happen again. If you make a vote a minute after I say the day has ended, I will not count it. The final votecount will be the final votecount.

I am sorry that you mistook my words. All official game statements will be in bold from now on so there will be no confusion.

Somehow, the lights flicker back on and everyone decides that their blood lust has must be quelled.

FLIP INCOMING

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

Everyone begins to stare at Ranivorousbeast. He feels uneasy as everyone in the room gazes in his direction with murderous intent.

"uh why are you looking at me that way i haven't really said or done anything lol i forgot i was here hones-"

But before Ranivorous was could finish, they all begin to dogpile on him. Like a pack of wild beasts, they begin to beat Ranivorous up until he is merely a bloody pulp.

Everyone begins taking turns kicking his shins and defecating on his corpse, and somehow, coincidentally, his mask falls off.

Ranivorousbeast has been revealed to be #HBC | J, Town Bodyguard! He's also dead! (rip)

NIGHT ONE BEGINS AND ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE CAN EAT MY ASS.

Deadline is in 48 hours. The day will start sooner if I receive all actions.

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The night was somber, but not restless. Everyone miraculously wakes up (they were never sleeping) to find that someone has been miraculously killed in front of their eyes!

A disembodied figure that was actually two ******* in a big guy costume has been brutally murdered! Protateus has been revealed to be Orboknown and Rake (FullMetalLynch), Vanilla townie!

Polishnapkin is Leviathan
Protateus is WashedLaundry
Twitchybanana is Ryker
Polishnapkin is Ryker

Votecount 1 (With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch!) -

Polishnapkin [0]
Corps phoenix [0]
Twitchybanana [0]
OrangeXhtml [0]
Aquariusboy [0]
Maven89/BarmanUK [0]
Morosemist [0]

Last edited:

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone. Corps Phoenix here. They usually call me Corps Phoenix from where I come from, but you all can call me Corps Phoenix. I am replacing Corps Phoenix, "The man with the plan", and expect me to fill his shoes. Now, below I have written a catch-up, which has context from page 2 up to the previous page. I would prefer you all read it to see if you were tagged or simply to remind you of earlier events. Enjoy.

Barman, why do you call out AquariusBoy, but not Orange ?! His content is even more fake because his statement doesn't contribute to moving town towards a win or even getting us out of our slow RVS. I would say that it is equally as suspicious as aquariusboy and morosemist!!
Barman, I want to see your answer to this.

I'm a bit suspicious of Protateus since he's frantically throwing shade on literally every slot that has posted thus far. Some of the pressure just doesn't make sense (like Barman "not calling me out" where the only thing I did at the point of his last post was a random vote).
Blatant misrep, and subtle omgus. Prota only called you out, and you never defended yourself to his accusation. I also agree to his accusation. Also, keep in mind that Orange only mentioned this when Prota called him out. Why not state this when he made the joke about Moroso and Aquaboy? This shows he isn't really looking to observe the situation, and instead throw mud onto whoever is suspecting him.

OrangeXhtml OrangeXhtml You have already given me your true name. What would you have me do with it?.
How has this helped you determine his alignment? What have you gained from his responses?

More questions for you:

Why have you started with this angle of discussion for early game, and why did you make that your entire focus on page 2? Why have you yet to comment on Orange's suspicion towards Prota, and Prota's suspicion towards Orange? I would like others to comment on these interactions.

Be at ease, orange one. I know only the name behind your facade. I know it only through my own searching, not through any other means. I need not rest upon such things.
What facade do you speak of? Why are you so lenient with Orange here if you suspect a 'facade'?
but why thrown yourself out there then? Kinda makes the statement itself moot.
Polish, I would like to see you answer this. The only post you made was a big reads list after this.

Moroso: #58:

I like this post, yet disagree with the last line.

Moreso: #90

I disagree with this direction, but I like that he took the iniative to get the ball rolling. Otherwise, I feel it would have been a bit worse, even though the day was still bad. (It went to an inactive lynch)

Orange: #107

What was your read on Prota at this piont, and what is it now? Give reasons.
Also, saying "It was rvs so it doesn't matter" is not a valid explanation. Everything counts.
http://smashboards.com/threads/masq...-corpse-defecated.420833/page-4#post-20515919
Aquaboy: #153

"Why vote with me" Why do you ask this, as if you were leading the push in the first place? You also were voting along with Twitch. Who is your leading candidate for today?

I would agree with you, except he claimed to do it to generate discussion: which is currently working.

He also never "backed out" of his claim, he hasn't actually claimed to be anything else: merely stated that he could be anything regardless of what he says, so it's not necessarily hurting town. Everyone should have already known that.
Since you gave a defense here, how did you read Barven and Moreso at the time? How about now?

Orange, I'm liking you a bit more as of late. Care to weigh in?
Can you explain why you like him?

I'm a bit suspicious of Protateus since he's frantically throwing shade on literally every slot that has posted thus far. Some of the pressure just doesn't make sense (like Barman "not calling me out" where the only thing I did at the point of his last post was a random vote).
How are you reading Prota at that moment? Why do you consider his post to Barman 'pressure'? How can you expect that to be serious yet say that your own post to him wasn't serious since it doesn't have a vote?

I tend to agree with this. Mavman seems a tad scummy, but I'm not willing to go as far as to lynch him off of it yet unless there is about to be a mislynch. In addition, if anyone votes for him at this point, he'll be at L-1 with 2 days to go in the phase; if he's town, scum could take advantage of that and get an easy mislynch.
1. How can you know 'there is about to be a mislynch' in the first place? Guess what, there was a mislynch in Raniverus, why didn't you move to Barman then? (Rhetorical question, you wouldn't have known if you are townie) This isn't a valid reason to not go towards Barman, when you have suspicion of the slot.

2. Scum won't do that on the first day, even the second day. They'd only do so if it would win them the game. Otherwise, whoever hammered would be dead the next phase. In a responsible town, L-1 won't be seeing a hammer (yet on some occasions it happens, mostly from stupid town). Scum will usually play it safe and let town destroy itself instead, or help a bit. Scum won't commit any actions that will link them the next day.

I completely agree. Neatness and thought collection isn't exactly great on 1% battery on Mobile Firefox SWF. I usually use Chrome as my main browser, but that has my main account logged in right now, so whatever.
What are you agreeing to exactly, and why? Do you know what Wishy Washy means?

I poked back at you by analyzing your prod, then you left the thread and you called it a knee-jerk. If I were serious about that, I woulda put down a vote for you togforce you into dialog with me.
Being serious does not require a vote. This isn't a valid excuse for your call out on him early game.

Anyways, we seriously need to get organized and lynch Raniverous. It's like 2 (I think unless it's a different time zone?) hours until the deadline, and at this point, I'm not willing to lynch BarMaven anymore.
If this was the case, it would be fine. Yet:

OH WAIT we have until the end of today, so we're good. We still need to reach a lynch before the deadline, though.
Why did you stay on Ran if you realized you still had more time (for the whole day), since that was your reason for refusing to lynch Barven.

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
First off, RVS was pretty stagnant. Polish started a discussion about names that wasn't conducive to scumhunting. Next, we have Moroso starting a push to Barman, that didn't really go anywhere.. I feel people don't know how to get the ball rolling nowadays. Notice how there were only two votes active. Do people have no confidence? Usually I would expect bandwagons of pressure going on, but instead we have people dilly dallying, claiming their roles instead of looking into other leads. I will give everyone the benefit of the doubt since it was also Holiday break, but that shouldn't be an excuse moving forward.

On inactivity, we can't waste more lynches on inactives. We must vote actively, and we must lynch people who are suspicious. Today, we are not policy lynching.

Raniverus: Orange, Polish, Barman, Protateus, Aqua
Barman: Moreso
Polish: Twitch? (I think he was on him), Raniverus

Not voting: Corps Phoenix

Orange and Polish are the ones I'd look at most here.

Orange has misrepped Prota in the beginning, instead of observing his actions in a natural manner. I would expect a townie to react to things naturally, but instead he just stated "RVS is slow..." when he could have talked about prota. Secondly, he doesn't follow up on his suspicion of Prota, and is wishy washy on Barven. Finally, he mentions he drops Barven due to deadline, realizes there is still time, and doesn't amend the fact he can go back to Barman, he stays on Ran.

I dislike Polish's direction with policy and lynching inactives, and he didn't really have any conducive scumhunting on page 2. I'm not liking his reads list either, but to give him the benefit of the doubt, there isn't THAT much to get out of people as well. Yet He didn't have any meaningful discussion on page 2, posts once on page 3, provides thin reads on page 4, and sticks to voting inactives on policy for the day, when he could have done more to avoid having to deal with policy. He proposed a premise of 'if the game doesn't reach 8 pages, kill the most quite man among us', yet he had done nothing much to get the pages past 8. Again, he started a discussion and then stopped it, without explaining why he did so. This to me seems he cares more about his appearance rather than focus on scumhunting.

I have a theory as to why Polish decided to stop his own discussion. Moreso called out Polish's opening as non-conclusive to scumhunting here: #58 and four posts later, he proposes three directives, with one being that people stop discussing revelations here: #62. This shows that he had no real (pro-town) purpose in starting that discussion, which leads me to believe he is mafia who is trying to look nice, and then disappear for a bit and then give out reads, which are pretty thin. I feel he stopped to cover his own ass, and would not want to step on anyones toes.

Aqua, on the other hand, states he is catching up, but only comments on Polish's premises, when there is plenty of content to touch. The posts he did reply to didn't seem conducive to scumhunting. He chooses to defend Barman, and do nothing else but hop on Polish with Twitch. Defending a person is fine, but not when it takes up a majority of your own content. Half Polish's fault, half his own.

With Moreso, I like his beginning, and he seems intelligent, but his /out concerns me. Why stop there? Stepping out would hurt this town alot, and he seems knowledgeable enough to know this. I feel that his out would benefit him more if he were scum who was comfortable with the position he had in the game, and with his partner (if scum) also being unharmed. The day did go to an inactive mislynch, which would have me believe that scum would be having a cruise. I would really love a replacement for this slot to further develop my read on Moreso.

If there was one mafia on the wagon and one off, I would possibly guess Polish/Moreso. If both were on, I'd look at Orange and Polish. Therefore, I would prefer Polish over Orange, and those are my two leads for today. I'd like any special roles to keep Moreso and Aqua in mind.

Vote: Polished Napkin

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
Now, I expect everyone to be active this phase because we are done with Holidays (besides Christmas, but that is a a couple weeks away), and we have information from flips. Otherwise, we will lose if you stay lazy and inactive. I want to see everyone have a vote active. Finally, please fix your formatting people. I work in the mornings, so expect me to post in the evenings. Good night.

1. I want people to actually vote.
2. I want people to follow up to responses, I see a few times questions go un-answered. Ask it again if a person doesn't respond.
3. I want people to post actively. A man once told me, to find mafia, just keep everyone talking. The mafia will eventually slip up. It's not easy keeping appearances up and having to fake everything.

Mod: Request replacement on Morosemist, since he outted a while ago, before I was replaced

Twitchybanana

Smash Cadet
We must vote actively
Not voting: Corps Phoenix
Kappa

Orange has misrepped Prota in the beginning, instead of observing his actions in a natural manner. I would expect a townie to react to things naturally, but instead he just stated "RVS is slow..." when he could have talked about prota. Secondly, he doesn't follow up on his suspicion of Prota, and is wishy washy on Barven. Finally, he mentions he drops Barven due to deadline, realizes there is still time, and doesn't amend the fact he can go back to Barman, he stays on Ran.
This is kinda grimy. I'll have to re-read orange.

I'm not liking his reads list either, but to give him the benefit of the doubt, there isn't THAT much to get out of people as well.
Can we see a proper readlist from yourself? I'd like to compare and contrast.

Yet He didn't have any meaningful discussion on page 2, posts once on page 3, provides thin reads on page 4, and sticks to voting inactives on policy for the day, when he could have done more to avoid having to deal with policy.
Page 2 discussion was meaningless, but at least it got the thread going. I'd argue that his page 4 does show some town intent. To me, it sounds like he actually believes what he's saying/it's not faked.

He proposed a premise of 'if the game doesn't reach 8 pages, kill the most quite man among us', yet he had done nothing much to get the pages past 8. Again, he started a discussion and then stopped it, without explaining why he did so. This to me seems he cares more about his appearance rather than focus on scumhunting.
...No. He posted a pretty good amount out of everyone. You can't blame him for not just spamming the thread to page 8 -- further, he did nothing to inhibit posting. You can't blame him for that one.

Aqua, on the other hand, states he is catching up, but only comments on Polish's premises, when there is plenty of content to touch. The posts he did reply to didn't seem conducive to scumhunting. He chooses to defend Barman, and do nothing else but hop on Polish with Twitch. Defending a person is fine, but not when it takes up a majority of your own content. Half Polish's fault, half his own.
I'm town reading Aqua. Dealing with how we decide to lynch is rather important to scum hunting, and I don't see scumminess from a majority of ones posts being defense, given that he did actually use his vote.

If there was one mafia on the wagon and one off, I would possibly guess Polish/Moreso. If both were on, I'd look at Orange and Polish. Therefore, I would prefer Polish over Orange, and those are my two leads for today. I'd like any special roles to keep Moreso and Aqua in mind.
Talk to me about orange. Outside of the misrepresenting he did, how is he scum?

You seem to have town intent, but I strongly dislike your conclusions. You're null town, but I'd be unsurprised if you're clever scum. Lets have a chat, shall we? (I have to go now, but I intend to interrogate you later.)

Morosemist

Smash Cadet
The mist has arrived in the early mornings of this phase.

...But he is a bit busy and won't be posting until later tonight.

Corps phoenix Corps phoenix I am still here, my "/out" wasn't an actual /out.

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
I would love to talk, but first I would like to see a little content from yourself. How is that re-read going? Why did your reads change?

On a reads list, I don't have a full one at the moment, but will have one later on as the day progresses. Will respond to you when I get home from work.

Twitchybanana

Smash Cadet
Reread hasn't started yet. I hope to do it this afternoon, but grad school comes first.comes first.

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
Page 2 discussion was meaningless, but at least it got the thread going. I'd argue that his page 4 does show some town intent. To me, it sounds like he actually believes what he's saying/it's not faked.
He gets an A+ for effort, but I'm looking at his intent here. When I say his page 2 was meaningless, he could have done it much differently, instead of start a discussion about reveals and then propose to stop discussion (and two other proposals). Well, please show your work. Quotes and reasons.

...No. He posted a pretty good amount out of everyone. You can't blame him for not just spamming the thread to page 8 -- further, he did nothing to inhibit posting. You can't blame him for that one.
A for effort. My main point is that he stopped his own discussion for apparently no reason. He has still yet to answer that question. Does that not concern you? To me, that does not make sense. (Also, do not give reasons for why he may have done this, I want to see his own explanation for it) You were pushing Polish hard yesterday, what changed your read on him?

I'm town reading Aqua. Dealing with how we decide to lynch is rather important to scum hunting, and I don't see scumminess from a majority of ones posts being defense, given that he did actually use his vote.
Can you (and others) explain why you town read him?

Talk to me about orange. Outside of the misrepresenting he did, how is he scum?
That's it. I also showed some quotes to show examples, in the spoiler catch up. You seemed to dislike him, and started to feel better about him through-out the game. Can you explain why?

You seem to have town intent, but I strongly dislike your conclusions. You're null town, but I'd be unsurprised if you're clever scum. Lets have a chat, shall we? (I have to go now, but I intend to interrogate you later.)
Strongly dislike? Well, I'd like to see what direction you'd prefer as opposed to mine. You seem a little stubborn (so am I), especially with having no strong reads. Either way, I still would love to see what direction you have in mind for today, especially since you were pushing for Polish yesterday, and changed that today.

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
Morosemist staying in changes my opinion of him. It makes me feel better, but now it makes me long some content from him since he hasn't posted since that /out post. I'd like to hear his thoughts on the previous day phase and where he feels we shall go next ToDay.

Twitchybanana

Smash Cadet
Grad school stuff finished. Now I'm gonna go out with some friends, I'll address that big post when I get back.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
Blatant misrep, and subtle omgus. Prota only called you out, and you never defended yourself to his accusation. I also agree to his accusation. Also, keep in mind that Orange only mentioned this when Prota called him out. Why not state this when he made the joke about Moroso and Aquaboy? This shows he isn't really looking to observe the situation, and instead throw mud onto whoever is suspecting him.
How are you reading Prota at that moment? Why do you consider his post to Barman 'pressure'? How can you expect that to be serious yet say that your own post to him wasn't serious since it doesn't have a vote?
Being serious does not require a vote. This isn't a valid excuse for your call out on him early game.
It's a fair point that being serious doesn't require a vote (and I interpreted the post on Barman as pressure because I thought that the double punctuation of Pro were just a disguise in writing style at the time, as all of his posts up to that point had it), but it was part joking and part I needed to pressure a slot to actually get conversation started. It didn't work, however, because he just ducked out whenever I posted that instead of staying and letting me read him further. His inactivity right after the slightest pressure and him interpreting that as a "knee-jerk" made me think that he could have possibly been a panicked scum, and gave me a slight scum lean on him.

What was your read on Prota at this piont, and what is it now? Give reasons.
Also, saying "It was rvs so it doesn't matter" is not a valid explanation. Everything counts.
At that point, Prota was a slight scum lean. Now, Prota is a confirmed townie. Also, when did I say "It was rvs so it doesn't matter?" I think that pushing every little thing in RVS is fine because people are trying to get a foothold to spring out of RVS, but if someone trips up in RVS, I'd still consider that scummy.

1. How can you know 'there is about to be a mislynch' in the first place? Guess what, there was a mislynch in Raniverus, why didn't you move to Barman then? (Rhetorical question, you wouldn't have known if you are townie) This isn't a valid reason to not go towards Barman, when you have suspicion of the slot.

2. Scum won't do that on the first day, even the second day. They'd only do so if it would win them the game. Otherwise, whoever hammered would be dead the next phase. In a responsible town, L-1 won't be seeing a hammer (yet on some occasions it happens, mostly from stupid town). Scum will usually play it safe and let town destroy itself instead, or help a bit. Scum won't commit any actions that will link them the next day.
1. Sorry, I got my terminology mixed up at midnight; my brain starts to break down after about 10:30 until it gets to the state where I have trouble making coherent sentences that express my opinions in the slightest.
2. Unless they call an "accidental hammer", in which case they might get out of it scott-free.

What are you agreeing to exactly, and why? Do you know what Wishy Washy means?
I'm agreeing that it's wishy-washy because I wanted to get my post out before my phone died and that meant that I rushed and didn't have time to fully contemplate while I was posting. Firefox is also a nightmare to use at all with Smashboards.

If this was the case, it would be fine. Yet:

Why did you stay on Ran if you realized you still had more time (for the whole day), since that was your reason for refusing to lynch Barven.[/spoiler]
Because that wasn't my not reason to lynch Barmaven. My reason not to lynch Barmaven was because I no longer thought he was scum.

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
Alright. Will reply to that later. More importantly, who do you suspect today? Who would you vote toDay and why?

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
Alright. Will reply to that later. More importantly, who do you suspect today? Who would you vote toDay and why?
I'm not sure right now. I was planning on perusing Pro today, but that's obviously not an option. I'll have an answer when I have enough of a workload break to do a re-read.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
Also, quick question: What do we have to gain from guessing people's identities? It seems like the only possible role that would benefit would be a scum/indie with a reveal-dependent ability. I would say that there's no possibility of that anymore since Barman is still here (unless he's the one with the ability), but there could still be an even-night unmasked ability. If there aren't any unmasked-related events tonight, I would be fine with Polish revealing my identity (if he has it).

Morosemist

Smash Cadet
I'm here now. I haven't read page 4 up until now, but a little disappointed Barman wasn't lynched. Claims VT, says he's not actually VT and was trying to initiate discussion. If that isn't belligerent bull****, I don't know what is, but no one seems to want to buy it on account of Barmaven being 'too easy' or that 'his intent can't be proven.'

What people seem to fail to realize is that he claimed VT, then in his immediate next post, claimed he was trying to spur discussion and immediately put the legitimacy of his VT claim into question.

Do people not realize what's wrong with that?

If I were claiming VT to spur discussion, my next post would not have been to retract my claim and to backpedal out of it. Even if it was, it would not have been immediate, as I would have waited for actual discussion to occur. Thinking back on it, no one had remotely enough time to discuss the potential ramifications his claim because he immediately backpedaled.

He is still my top lynch candidate, but I digress. I'm going to give the last three pages a read to see if there is anything else of merit.

Morosemist

Smash Cadet
Nah, if you're really saying me claiming that it's not confirmed I'm VT created WIFOM that wouldn't be there otherwise then you're not thinking. That WIFOM should have been there for you before I posted it.
Initial intent was to claim VT to spur discussion, the kneejerk reaction to claiming that it might be a lie defeats the initial point.

Morosemist

Smash Cadet
Orange has 32 posts--almost a fifth of the thread thus far. There has not been a subject that he has avoided or outright ignored. Out of every slot in the game, he has made his opinions known on everything that has occurred thus far. He agrees with me on a few things and that is a positive in my book but not the main reason for townreading him. Have you seen any other slot doing more to figure out this game? Orange is the last person I would want to see lynched.

Let's talk about the policy lynch and why I wanted to lynch an inactive. My initial suggestion for a policy lynch came under the stipulation of the game not reaching 8 pages prior to deadline. It was only made with the assumption that if the game somehow failed to accomplish that, there would be a significant amount of deadweight. Had it reached 8 pages, this discussion likely would not have happened as there would be more significant content to discuss than my suggestion of a policy lynch and a man claiming VT under no duress to start the game. Unfortunately, the game did fail to reach 8 pages, and as it stands now, I would not be content to lynch any player with a semblance of activity over their current content--regardless of questions I have for some of these slots. Waiting for a replacement only adds another slot whose activity cannot be guaranteed and has no prior history to read as his predecessor had a total of 3 posts.

In addition to this, among these posts that I've quoted are a couple of sentiments about how an inactive lynch accomplishes nothing for us at this stage in the game. I could not disagree more--but only within context of this game. In other games, there are usually scummy slots that players want to lynch off hard scum reads. That is not true of this scenario. Step back and look at this game. What evidence do you have to lynch a slot that truly sticks? You can explain Ran's lynch as a policy lynch and ours as a man pushing a policy lynch. You can explain away a Barman lynch on a dubious claim. None of these scenarios are anything particularly solid; save for the possibility of myself pushing the Nervous Fruit over his push that assumes guilt before proving it, but even that I have no real confidence in it yielding scum as of the moment. None of the active players are truly so scummy that anyone should have any degree of confidence in flipping scum; there are also very few connections being built in thread as most of the game has interacted with only one or two other slots beyond themselves. As a result, it makes more sense to remove an inactive player as it has about as much chance of success as one of the active players and removes a slot that is effectively a question mark now rather than later in a situation with a much lower margin for error. That is why my vote is on an inactive slot.

Besides, it is not like RaniverousBeast's latest post is worth salvaging. He threw down a vote on the leading wagon (the one with modvotes hardly counts as such) without any major substantiation. His prior post was another vote that purely read of RVS reasons after RVS was long over. The slot is effectively worthless and as we are already being saddled with a replacement for Corps Phoenix, I would like to remove the other slot with no real content.
This was a giant post of nothing.

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
I'm really not ok with the way this game has been going, first I really doubt that's Leviathan and more then that who cares?

The anonymity looks like it's going to really hurt RVS so I'm going to roleclaim. I'm Vanilla townie
1. Can you explain why you chose to claim instead of commenting on current events at the time?
2. You mentioned that anonymity was hurting RVS, so what did you think of Polish discussing nothing that was conducive to scumhunting?
3. What did you gain from claiming, show your results.
4. Finally, why did you take back the claim?

OrangeXhtml OrangeXhtml :

I don't care if people are revealed or not, generally. I would guess at someone simply to prove my own guesses about that person true or false. I don't want to be assuming a player is someone they are not, because that can burn me in the end. Reason to to guess is also part of the fun. Staying hidden, is part of the fun. Now you mention there may be a role that is looking for people's identities. That may be possible, and turns the mechanic into a boon for scum if anyone guesses correctly. Yet, do consider that at one point, guessing correctly killed a player before the moderator modified it, that would be too overpowered alongside a (scum)role that benefits from finding that person's role. Even though I assume there might not be a negative to revealing people, it might be good to play it safe and not reveal too early. We don't *need* it, plus we are playing this game so we can throw aside meta for once. Plus, we get to see them revealed upon their flip. That's the most I'd speculate about it.

Morosemist

Smash Cadet
OrangeXhtml OrangeXhtml , who lives, who dies? Is Barman still scum, or did something change your mind?

I'm going to pull a Leviathan act and state that you would do well to not try to avoid the mist, as it consumes anything and everything.

Random note: the problem with Polish is that he hasn't actually spearheaded anything noteworthy and has played pretty conservatively with his vote while on the defensive. This is widely contrary to his claimed play in Sleepover upon giving it a read.

Morosemist

Smash Cadet
I am actually interested in the discussion of setting up the lynch to be between Polish and Barman. Is there anyone who feels that there is a better direction to go in at this juncture?

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
I need more on Barman before considering that. Talk to me about Orange though. What is your opinion of him? I agree on Polish, obviously.

Morosemist

Smash Cadet
I'll wait for his response before giving a stance on that slot, but it will come, one way or another.

Twitchybanana

Smash Cadet
...Sorry, guys. I'll actually post the things I said I would over the weekend. Some surprise stuff came up...

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
What exactly? It is the 4th and deadline is the 7th. I am not pleased.

I am also wondering where Polish, Barman, and Aqua are. It is pretty slow right now.

Polishnapkin

Smash Cadet
I intend to respond to the posts of this day in a short manner of time, but I have completed my reread of the game and wish to impart the knowledge I gained upon the thread first before I dig into the flames of the Phoenix and other matters posted here.

vote: Morosemist

This is the slot I intend to address first. I believe his push on the Bartender was rather insidious and I find him to be a likely candidate of the mafioso. Let me show you why.

This is the reasoning for his push onto the Bartender:

Vote: BarmanUK

I don't like that he claimed to be VT under the pretenses of 'trying to start discussion', then claimed that he 'may not actually be VT and was trying to cause more wifom for scum.' He didn't accomplish much with this approach and ultimately fell flat on his face when asked why he did it. The attempt seems not so genuine since there was no follow-through.
It is noteworthy to point out that Morosemist's interpretation of the events is not particularly accurate. Here is the complete opening interaction:

I'm really not ok with the way this game has been going, first I really doubt that's Leviathan and more then that who cares?

The anonymity looks like it's going to really hurt RVS so I'm going to roleclaim. I'm Vanilla townie
I'd really like to know who this is so that there is some context to this action, but I won't poke for an identity.

I'll ask the really obvious question: why would you out this and give scum a reason to narrow down where our PRs are, assuming we have any?
1. We're 4 days into day 1 and there's almost no discussion, this guarantees discussion
2. Mafia can't know if I'm really a vanilla townie or a PR whose just claiming to be one, therefore this discussion can't really narrow anything down
3. So this generates conversation without negatively impacting town and at best throws WIFOM at the mafia to deal with
You immediately dismantled the potential of your own discussion by changing your claim via reason 2, though.
It is quite obvious, both to myself and to other slots that protected Maven on D1, that Barman never reneged on his claim of Vanilla Townie. His answer about "scum not actually knowing" came as a response to the question of "why would you narrow down the hiding spots for PRs?" At no point did the Barkeep back down from his claim and there is no particular evidence to suggest that Maven is changing his claim. In fact, Maven gave the correct answer to the question: Mafia cannot truly know if he is VT. Despite this, the Mist has used this as his primary point against the Bartender, showing a clear distortion of facts, either to himself or to the rest of the game.

What I find more interesting is the slot that set up that very answer was Morosemist himself. It suggests that he initially found the act scummy regardless and was merely looking for a method to lynch the Barman. My issue stems from the angle that Morosemist used to attack the Bartender: that the act of claiming VT itself is scummy as it narrows down the hiding place for the precious PRs. To me, that is not an analysis of why that play, at that time, was scummy, simply that he reached into a textbook of mafia and pulled the most mechanical reason he could find to question a VT claim. The fact that he used the answer to further push the Bartender reads scummy to me.

I could have written this off as another case of a townie trying anything to get the game moving by aggrieving a slot in any manner he could find if not for the fact that he felt that this simple interaction of posts was enough that he wished to lynch Barman (post #112) and that he later excuses himself from the thread salty that we are not buying his sham of a case (#128). That suggests there was no gambit to draw scum to easy wagons, but rather that he fully believes this case has netted scum.

Couple all of this with his lack of reconsideration for his angle onto Maven despite others pointing out its weaknesses and that most of his other points in this game appear to be formed from the armchair of mafia critics leaves me believing that the Mist is one of the mafioso in our midst.

Polishnapkin

Smash Cadet
I also do not buy any Orange angles that exist or hold over from the previous phase: I still believe he is one of the towniest slots alive. I cited his post count being the highest in the game and that he has not shied away from addressing major points yesterday; that still rings true. I also want to note that on two seperate occasions, he realized that the angle he was attacking was wrong and left it alone instantly. This occurred both on page 2 when he attacked my claims of being Leviathan as well as Page 4 when he realized the bartender lynch was rather weak and dropped that as well. I also do not believe that a member of the mafioso makes this claim:

He's the most suspicious of the first 4 pages and I'd vote him to avoid a NL, but I REALLY don't want to lynch an active slot with so little game to analyze.
Inactives are the best cloak of the mafia. Even if they knew they were pushing a mislynch in the present, why tear that cloak to shreds and make hiding much harder on the last few phases? I do not believe a mafioso makes this point. He also sticks by this gun later when presented with a question about it. To me, this cements my stance of the fellow of Orange as town.

I also believe that the Nervous Fruit is townier than my initial perceptions and that comes as a direct comparison to the Mist. I did not like his initial case against myself as I believed it was putting the cart before the horse. Without witnessing me do anything with my initial premises, he comes to the conclusion that I am automatically mafia without any evidence that his perception of the situation was accurate. It cleared up considerably when, unlike the Moody Cloud, Twitchy began to interact with me. It showed that despite him making a snap judgment, he was far more intent to read me and ensure his judgment was correct rather than just assume accuracy in the first place. I find that approach significantly townier than Morosemist's attempts.

Lastly, I still stand by my claims that the Bartender is likely town due to the unlikeliness that mafia would claim VT on D2 to get the game going. That said, I am not personally fond of his attachment to the armchair and I would prefer for him to become more involved in the game as of now. His inertia may simply be a product of the lack of effort exerted by the rest of the game but that is only an assumption I can make, not necessarily fact.

Polishnapkin

Smash Cadet
Something has come up so I must now depart from the thread. I will return later to handle the present matters.

Twitchybanana

Smash Cadet
Good mafia playing music.
Anyhow.

I still don't have time to actually reread, but I can keep up with this page.

He gets an A+ for effort, but I'm looking at his intent here. When I say his page 2 was meaningless, he could have done it much differently, instead of start a discussion about reveals and then propose to stop discussion (and two other proposals). Well, please show your work. Quotes and reasons.
Happy Holiday to all you Americans.

I do believe we have come far enough to make decisions as our day is coming to a close. I am going to put before you my thoughts on every slot in this game as well as the direction I believe we should go. We must consolidate our votes, gentlemen, so, at the very end, I will propose a lynch pool for us to narrow down our choices.

1] PolishNapkin

Town. Will likely end up in lynch pool courtesy of the Nervous Fruit and his watery lad.

2] Corps phoenix Corps phoenix

The Impersonator barely escapes our recommended policy lynch. He's done very little as you can see for yourself by checking his three total posts, though slightly more than our recommended policy lynch.

3] T Twitchybanana

This is an extremely interesting slot. This slot's posts comprise of a case upon myself, a defense of said case, and comments upon his presence. His case itself is very weak: it assumes ill intentions from OrangeXhtml and myself and, all in all, is rather reactionary. He has responded to what has been in the thread by posting down a vote in protest to policy lynches; however, we have seen him make no moves to further any reads of his own.

4] OrangeXhtml OrangeXhtml

Ah, the fellow from Orange. Once more, he is nothing if not earnest. Slightly too gung ho but one of my favorite slots this game. He is quite obviously trying to generate content and I find myself wanting to lynch him least out of any slot in the game thus far.

5] @Aquariusboy

Upon first read, this slot seemed far more interested in identities than I was comfortable with. On second read, I realized that it was not a matter of suspicious motivations as I originally thought but rather a slot attempting to get others to talk about the game when there was precious little to discuss. Our views about our reads are quite obviously different, but I would prefer not to see this slot dead.

6] @Protateus

This is another slot that I would not want to see dead at this juncture. I do like that he's poking around and trying to find things. I am concerned about his lack of a vote thus far though, and I do not have a strong idea of his direction at this time.

7] @Ranivorousbeast

Ah, you glorious, glorious man. How could anyone hope to match your content? Your sparkling input of one simple post is a magnificent example of mafia play and the rest of us commoners would do well to follow your example.

...I jest.

This slot has a post count of one. His content is nil and he is an example of the plague that has stricken DGames for years. If I would have my way, I would see this slot make significant contribution in the next 48 hours or have its head on the block.

8] @BarmanUK / @Maven89

I have no issues with this slot. I think he is likely town. I do not think it likely scum would claim VT on page 2, even if the claim itself was non-committal. I have no major problems with him thus far and I would not lynch him at this time.

9] Morosemist Morosemist

This is the hardest read amongst this list, not including those who have given us nothing to read. His case on the Barman Maven is laughable. Aside from some armchair mafia posts in the beginning (my claim to be Leviathan to be null, Orange's detective work to be null, etc.), his entire focus is upon the poor bartender. The basis of his case is purely an opinion that a VT claim early in the game is anti-town. Personally, I find no fault in it. It is too early to call his fixation tunnel vision as not many avenues have been presented. That said, I do not like his content thus far, but he is at least providing content. His presence alone is appreciated, as other slots cannot claim the same.

Now we have to decide where to lynch toDay. The pool that seems like is thus: Corps Phoenix and RaniverousBeast are the resident inactive lynches, while Twitchybanana, BarmanUK/Maven, and myself are the present leading cases. I would like every member of this game to start pushing their directions and shrinking this pool down to a couple of targets. Everyone needs to put their hand on the table at this juncture as deadline is approaching sooner than imagined.

vote RanivorousBeast
There's not a lot to say. I can see the reasoning behind this post, and I can see how/why a townie would make it. Could you be more specific?

My main point is that he stopped his own discussion for apparently no reason.
Show me the quote. I honestly don't know what you're talking about.

Can you (and others) explain why you town read him?
Upon reread I'll go post by post on aqua, since his posts aren't very big and explain.

That's it. I also showed some quotes to show examples, in the spoiler catch up. You seemed to dislike him, and started to feel better about him through-out the game. Can you explain why?
The only real reason of my original dislike is that we was participating in the name shenanigans. However these posts:

I tend to agree with this. Mavman seems a tad scummy, but I'm not willing to go as far as to lynch him off of it yet unless there is about to be a mislynch. In addition, if anyone votes for him at this point, he'll be at L-1 with 2 days to go in the phase; if he's town, scum could take advantage of that and get an easy mislynch. Then, the hammerman would state that they killed him to "advance a slowly-moving game" and they "thought he was scummy" (probably just reciting Moro's reasoning instead of using their own) to get off scot-free.
I was conceding that I was wrong. Also, I came back and re-read after dinner and watching the Peanuts Movie with my family, and I can see where you're coming from. If you didn't do anything to get the thread moving from the halt it was at, nobody would have, so you decided to make a move to generate conversation. I still don't agree with you flat-out stating that it was a WIFOM in the rare case that someone was going to react in a manner that didn't take that into account, but that's a minor point.
Quite honestly, I don't feel very comfortable with anyone being lynched off of 4 pages of content other than Ran based on level of commitment and generally bad play. Ran did a random vote post-RVS to prevent himself from being modkilled or replaced, left for another couple days, seemed miffed that nobody was defending his slot when he got back, kneejerked Polish for a completely garbage reason, implied a scumteam between Polish and Aquarious (without giving a reason), said Pro and BarMaven were fine (without giving a reason), and ignored my questioning of his post afterwards. I think he's the scummiest at this point. Who do you think we should lynch, Twitchy?
"Feel" like they have town intent behind them.
Strongly dislike? Well, I'd like to see what direction you'd prefer as opposed to mine. You seem a little stubborn (so am I), especially with having no strong reads. Either way, I still would love to see what direction you have in mind for today, especially since you were pushing for Polish yesterday, and changed that today.
Upon reread, y'all will get a full read list and a vote.

It is quite obvious, both to myself and to other slots that protected Maven on D1, that Barman never reneged on his claim of Vanilla Townie. His answer about "scum not actually knowing" came as a response to the question of "why would you narrow down the hiding spots for PRs?" At no point did the Barkeep back down from his claim and there is no particular evidence to suggest that Maven is changing his claim. In fact, Maven gave the correct answer to the question: Mafia cannot truly know if he is VT. Despite this, the Mist has used this as his primary point against the Bartender, showing a clear distortion of facts, either to himself or to the rest of the game.
Precisely. The maven wagon is utter bull****.

I also want to note that on two seperate occasions, he realized that the angle he was attacking was wrong and left it alone instantly.
That's good, but it could also be framed as backpedaling/noncommittal.

More to come.

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
I will respond to you later twitch. I still have questions addressed to Polish that need answering.

Twitchybanana

Smash Cadet
*Dons tinfoil hat* *Thinks about how Obama secretly controls the weather* *Cracks knuckles*

Lets begin.

I'm voting for the foreign account because 'Merica.
PolishNapkin is another foreign account! WHY WOULD YOU VOTE FOR ONE OVER THE OTHER!? We're done here. Pack it up. Scum team confirmed OrangeNapkin.

This is stupid. He obviously didn't really intend anything to come from that.

Greetings. I am Leviathan. To those that remember me, I require no introduction, but doubtless there are those among you who have not heard my legend.

Gone are the days that titans walked upon this earth and the few that remain have lost their teeth. I have stirred from my long dormant state to remind all those that have forgotten the power of a titan in its full glory. It has been many moons since I last have entered one of your contests but I am not blind to the struggles of DGamesia's residents. I now sit in judgment of each of you. I intend to judge fairly and honestly, but know this: I have come to win.

OrangeXhtml OrangeXhtml You have already given me your true name. What would you have me do with it?

I look forward to the chance of playing against familiar faces. Although it has only been months, it has felt like eons since I have encountered them.
Ugh. Alright, this feels like a reaction fishing gambit and an attempt to move the game out of RVS. Not inherently town or scum, although scum wouldn't put itself in the spotlight like this when it can sit in the shadows like everyone else. Null town.

What do you mean "true name"? Is that our true identity, or our role? In either scenario, I would ask of you the same question that you have asked me. If you get my identity correct, that means you have already claimed and that claim has been confirmed, which could possibly put you in the hot seat for the rest of the game. If you can correctly guess the name of my role, that confirms you as the cop and you more will likely be the target of NKs. If the true name is my true identity, that would confirm your role but we still couldn't be sure if the role is town (the way it's worded, it seems the Leviathan could be any faction).

Either way, I have nothing to hide. I will allow you to decide.
...But at this point in the game, there hasn't been a night. There is no logic to this post. I don't like it.

Is this post just entirely confused? Does him being this confused over it mean anything?

Or did this guy really just think he got outed as mafia already? Why would he assume the other role was a cop and immediately think the Leviathan stuff was real and relating to it?

Vote: OrangeXhtml

I actually see this as being a useful avenue
This is a good question to ask.

and I've heard of D0 cops before.
Oh, ok.

Either way, I don't see any reason that Leviathan would go out of his way to do this if he isn't what he claims to be. That would be WAY too much of a gamble on Leviathan's part if the person decided to test the reveal, because that would have gotten them caught in a lie.
This is legitimate analysis.

Why would he need to do that? He's already disguised as a polish napkin. In addition, he's claiming a PR regardless of if Leviathan is actually his role name because I didn't do anything to initiate the name-giving.
Precisely. Which is why it's safe to assume Napkin doesn't know ****. Polishnapkin Polishnapkin That's right, isn't it?

Leviathan has never been the man, merely the moniker.
But you're a little piece of cloth from Poland.

OK then, let's assume for a moment that you're Leviathan. If you theorize about how there could be people that want my head if my identity is revealed, why would you re-confirm your own identity a couple sentences later? If you are Leviathan, you could only benefit by disassociating from that name so that the theorized slots won't come after you tonight. If you aren't, you would want to keep up that act so that the theorized slots won't be effective tonight.
We already know he's not Leviathan. The person who guessed that last night was incorrect.

While I like freshly pressed orange juice, I'm not a fan of this current state of affairs.

Firstly, discussing whether or not Polishnapkin is Leviathan isn't conducive to actual scum hunting. On the same token, Orange entertaining Polishnapkin's assertions and trying to play detective is also largely irrelevant. The reason being? It's because Polishnapkin has every reason to use a fake identity in this charade. Even if he is the player he claims to be, that account is just a mask for another player. Even if he isn't, it has no bearing on his alignment, because both Town and Scum probably have a good reason to keep their identities hidden based on what has been suggested in the thread. Even if there isn't a negative aspect of remaining hidden, we can't be sure, so we may as well stay hidden while we are at it. To that end, I am not sure why Orange is so confident that he won't be screwed over by the mechanics of the game.

As an aside, I agree that Protateus seemed to be spreading himself thin by pointing his finger in multiple directions at once. Surely he can't be thinking about earning allies in this variant.
This post is scummy as hell. It's fake content that achieves nothing. He says that the current discussion is not productive, explains why... and then stops. Bad.

Wait. How does role claim change anonymity? Just like in any other mafia game, roles are secret.

I'd really like to know who this is so that there is some context to this action, but I won't poke for an identity.

I'll ask the really obvious question: why would you out this and give scum a reason to narrow down where our PRs are, assuming we have any?
Good question.

1. We're 4 days into day 1 and there's almost no discussion, this guarantees discussion
2. Mafia can't know if I'm really a vanilla townie or a PR whose just claiming to be one, therefore this discussion can't really narrow anything down
3. So this generates conversation without negatively impacting town and at best throws WIFOM at the mafia to deal with
Good answer.

Premise the Second is that it is no boon to town to reveal the faces behind the masks provided by our host. Our gain is slight compared to the advantages it affords the enemy and I would prefer to silence any discussion about it. It is an ungainly distraction best left to the foolish.
So THIS is what you were talking about, corps. Ok. Would you like me to give me guess at why he said this, or shall I wait until he answers?

The sound of my voice echoes in this empty hall and I do not wish to hold conversations with the reverberated shadows of my own words. Since, it seems, that no one is willing to put themselves forward as I had originally hoped, I fear I will have to be much more direct. I propose three premises. After I state them, I require every participant of this game to voice their answers. Should any cowering soul fail to provide a response, we strike the fool down where he stands.

Premise the First is simply that: any individual that holds silent their tongue will be forced underground to the silence of death.

Premise the Second is that it is no boon to town to reveal the faces behind the masks provided by our host. Our gain is slight compared to the advantages it affords the enemy and I would prefer to silence any discussion about it. It is an ungainly distraction best left to the foolish.

Premise the Third is a proposition: should this discussion not reach eight pages of comments, we lynch the man with the least to say.

I throw my support for all three of these premises. What say you, dancers of this fine masquerade?
I still think it's bad policy, but upon reread this come across more as silly townie than scum. I can see the thought process, at the very least. Further, this, like his Leviathan bull****, generated discussion -- scum would have felt no obligation to do so.

I'm not (which I realized two posts above yours), but it seemed like the only avenue to conversation. I caught Polish in a lie and my instinct was to persue it; I forgot that in this game, town would have a reason to hide information from the rest of the thread. It was sorta the natural progression of things with my mindset about Mafia (if someone lies, push them HARD) and literally nobody else but Barman posting. I'd also like to mention that almost half of the thread is liable to be bumped tonight/tomorrow morning, so that's not conducive to conversation.
I'll buy that.

It's not shade, it's
SWORDS OF REVEALING LIGHT
Barman's own logic dictated that he should have pressured you similarly, yet he did not. This means he was treating you differently for some reason. What reason would he have to call out one slot but not another ? He couldn't have seen you two in a different light, unless of course he had some reason to.

As a double plus point to you my tangerine tango partner, you're suspicion of me I find unjust, you see, since there was only a few people posting, your statement of "literally every slot so far" is a strawman of the actual truth, in which I made a simple joking statement towards AquariusBoy and Morosemist, then when you chimed in I voted you based on what is and remains RVS logic, the simple fact is you'vve done nothing to assuage my suspicions my orange o-migo, and for that, you keep my vote.
@Protateus How much of this post is satirical?

Simply he who has spoken the fewest number of times; you should find that number underneath the man's nametag on the right. That is enough for my purposes.
This is still scummy as hell. AYY LOOK OBVISCUM123 SPAMMED TEH THRED CONFERMED TOWN!

You,. my Illuminated Illuminati have impossibly intruded upon an intellectual point I was intent on making. Here stands Orange, incoherent and an impostor to our band of illustrious townies. For his intelligence to jump to such an in depth and intrinsically interesting assumption that his role had been imparted upon by the ever impractical Leviathon, or even to think that Ingenuity had struck that self same man, to worry about his influence and appearance to the point of thinking Leviathon knew of his illegitimacy and be worried about it, certainly implies he has something worth hiding
Wat.

Positively preposterous, yet I find myself perfectly aligned with the premises as they have been delivered. But premises hang on a ever shrinking precipice, that known as WIFOM. Who's to pro port these punishments, or pretend they preen to the ideals we hold true, how do we then pick through the proceedings.

Is it simply a number games for premise one ? Is a man, professing his innocence at a mere pittance of 10 posts speaking louder than a preening conniver, posturing as he will his puffed out chest, posting whatever pretend "content" he can. Who's to say which is more punishable than the next ?

Rounding over to number two, revelations I do agree resolve nothing, an identity is merely that, I do regards however your earlier recantation towards Ornage, and asking him regarding how he would respond to it, You, in fact, seem to revolve to the discussion despite your resounding reverberations to end the round table we'd find ourselves at, were we to rigidly and regrettably waste time revealing an identity, so I must ask, Why rotate yourself to Orange first, did his reaction reconstitute your approach, and why run the discussion aground when you were the one to start it ?

Third I find tithers on the same precipice I thought of for the first. Throwing one man under the bus, creates a tunnel upon the game to produce, therefore and thus I'd thoroughly disagree and thwart this premise thunderously, as the mere thought to have such a tremendous amount of thread activity without true meaning. Then we find ourselves thrust into a terrible choice between the definition of silence and the self same act thereof, and the act of theoretical silence.
Wat.

Also, i agree with your point on Orange, looked like light fishing and a bit of a backhanded threat to Leviathan about revealing his role, also his reaction made it seem like his role was something he didn't want to have revealed and if he's town he really shouldn't care if leviathans gonna oust that he's town. He can argue it'd be dumb, which it would be, but he still at the end of the day shouldn't care
...Hmm... No, putting myself in his shoes, I'd respond with surprise and irritation. Perfectly natural imo.

The second one i do agree on, but at the same time I don't care enough to discuss it and Leviathans approach is hat on butt backwards because he was the one to start the discussion with orange and now he's deciding to shut down the interaction and all future discussion when he was the one talking about it in the first place.
Again, I think I know why he did this, but I'll hold my tongue until he answers for himself.

No thanks, I'll make my own decisions on when guessing an identity is appropriate for reads and when it isn't. Same for who is and isn't scummy. Pigeon-holing choices based on arbitrary rules set before the circumstances in which they would be used are never wise.
Thinking as I go, and this may very well change, but this is reason numero uno I town read Aqua.

It's simple.

Leviathan is not actually the identity of Leviathan. Leviathan is self-proclaimed to be an older player in DGames lore. However, he masked his 'true identity' when he joined Sleepover Mafia under the guise of the account 'Leviathan.' Technically, he is Leviathan, but since Leviathan isn't his 'true' identity or whatever, he can circumvent the rules of not being allowed to claim his own identity, because technically Leviathan is an alt account.

Lets stop discussing this, please.
Oh, **** OFF. This is such a useless line of discussion at this point in the thread.

I don't like that he claimed to be VT under the pretenses of 'trying to start discussion', then claimed that he 'may not actually be VT and was trying to cause more wifom for scum.' He didn't accomplish much with this approach and ultimately fell flat on his face when asked why he did it. The attempt seems not so genuine since there was no follow-through.
Blatant lie.

Alright, let's go somewhere else:

Corps phoenix Corps phoenix

I see you've decided to take J's avatar as your own. Why?
Trying to shift discussion away from Barman? The J avatar thing wouldn't have gone anywhere, and you know it. That said, any sort of push based on this would be wishy washy and intangible.

You literally claimed VT, then turned around and said "I might not actually be VT." Why claim that you might not be VT, and how is it relevant to bolstering discussion now?

If you had sat on the "I'm VT" claim and didn't provide any reason for doubt, there'd be more to talk about because we'd be dealing with a Glyph-esque anti-town situation. Instead, you backpedaled and left room for doubt that you actually might not be VT.
I'd already have voted Mist if this post didn't make it frighteningly possible he's just a misguided townie. This seems genuine, but it's also almost completely falsified.

It looks like you're acting off the assumption that if I didn't voice point 2 no one would have realized it and the "claim would have continued", and somehow me saying point 2 is backtracking. It's not. It's acknowledgement and explaining how it doesn't help the mafia narrow down PRs
mhm.

I would agree with you, except he claimed to do it to generate discussion: which is currently working.

He also never "backed out" of his claim, he hasn't actually claimed to be anything else: merely stated that he could be anything regardless of what he says, so it's not necessarily hurting town. Everyone should have already known that.
Reason numero dos I town read Aqua.

This seems like a bad idea... People could literally just parrot other people's posts and then all of a sudden they have a dozen posts. We should gage them based

Nah.
He was literally joking about the false content (I think?). I can't see someone using the support of a suggestion on how the thread is being run seriously counting that as falsified content.

It was RVS, I use whatever I can get my hands on to start conversation.

Please rephrase that statement so that it can be read by a lowly peasant such as myself.

Them's fighting words.

This post reads town to me.

i forgot this game existed lol

vote: aquariasboy
@#HBC | J I'm disappointed in you :(

You're content to lynch BarMaven already? That seems a bit fast for what he's done so far and how little the game has progressed.

Did the reveal change your opinion of the slot, or are you actually considering claiming VT that big of a deal that you're already done enough scumhunting?

It's not, but it's a reason to speak to him, and at the time I was writing the post it seemed like all avenues had dried and we were going to sink back to RVS. The post was ninja'd with the vote on BarMaven though.

@MOD: Can we get some clarification on whether by 12:00AM the 27th you mean Midnight coming into the 27th, or end of day on the 27th? I'm going to have limited access during Thanksgiving, so that'd be extremely important to know.
More good pro-town content from aqua.

If he was actually mod-verifying himself as VT then maybe I'd consider it anti-town on math. But just claiming it at a point where there could be some good to come of it isn't nearly the same, it's not even provable. The fact his idea was wrong and he was forced to backpedal doesn't have anything to do with his initial intent which is what's important here. Just becuase someone does something anti-town doesn't mean they did it because they're scum.

What good would it have been for scum to randomly claim VT at that point? I don't see the scum motivation for it beyond being a random outburst attempt for game-flow as advertised.
Moreso upon reread, Aqua just seems obvitown to me.

At this point in time (end of page 2) I've got a town read on Protateus. Orange and Polish are both full of crap and/or scum.
This though, seems like something worth exploring, because there actually is potential for scum intent in posturing as a power player and posing policy lynch criteria to thread beyond getting responses. The fact the slot has disappeared ever since doesn't make me feel better that that stated intent was true.

Vote: PolishNapkin[/QUOTE]

This bit, however, did bias me towards him.

I tend to agree with this. Mavman seems a tad scummy, but I'm not willing to go as far as to lynch him off of it yet unless there is about to be a mislynch. In addition, if anyone votes for him at this point, he'll be at L-1 with 2 days to go in the phase; if he's town, scum could take advantage of that and get an easy mislynch. Then, the hammerman would state that they killed him to "advance a slowly-moving game" and they "thought he was scummy" (probably just reciting Moro's reasoning instead of using their own) to get off scot-free.

On the other hand, Ranivorous has been in-thread literally one time since the game started, put in a random vote (as we were exiting RVS and had content to make a more informed vote upon), and went right back into his hole. He has had almost a full 24 hours to respond to Aquarius, and yet has failed to do so. He's not the only one who has completely and utterly failed at being active in this game, but he's definitely the worst offender. As we get further into the game, an inactive and uninformed slot will hurt us a LOT as he could be easily manipulated and will slow down conversation more than it has already slowed.

I'm going to Vote: @Ranivorousbeast until he actually gets his butt in here and does something.
I like this post very much. This is a solidly town post.

...Thats enough for now. More later.

Right now, everyone is null, save ScumMist, TownCorps, NulltownOrange, TownPolish, and TownAqua. There's likely either a scum in the remaining pile of null/inactive (which I'll develop reads on once I finish my reread) or Corps is just clever scum.

Top Bottom