• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masquerade Mafia / Mafia Wins!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.

Hello, and welcome to Masquerade Mafia.
Fundamentals
1. Disputes with and private questions for me should be handled through PM or instant messaging. If you notice that I have made a simple mistake or if you have a simple question, please address them in the thread in bold.
2. Dead men tell no tales. Once you have died in the game, you are dead. Dead players are not allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive.)
3. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
4. Editing your posts is not allowed.
5. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
6. Personally attacking another player is not allowed.
7. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake, to anyone. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
8. Do not attempt to post generally unreadable or hidden text, as by changing the text color to match or resemble the page background. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
9. You may not use ciphers, encryption, or similar techniques.
10. You must post in English.
11. Breaking any sort of posting restriction will result in a punishment of having a permanent vote on you, meaning you take one less to lynch. These punishments can never kill you alone, but one vote and many punishments can.
12. There will be NO Hyrdas allowed for this game.

Voting and Lynching
1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Ryker.
2. To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Gova.
3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.
4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a pre-set deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
5. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. After the lynch scene is posted, the game will move to Night.
6. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.

Activity and Deadline
1. You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods over the course of the game (however many I think that is) will result in your punishment, replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
2. We will have strict day cycles set on 5-days in real life (Weekdays Day, Weekends Night). The town must stay active and be willing to punish inactive players if they hope to succeed.
3. I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player.
4. Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours and should be every weekend.

Important
1. I confirm the absence of the following roles: Lyncher, Jester, Cult, Contract Killer, Town Flying Pumpkin that Shoots Lasers out of her ***
2. I would like to actively encourage everyone to pressure players that are inactive and punish them by lynching them if necessary. I will replace players that need to be replaced, but the town shouldn't let that be an excuse to let players get away with staying quiet.

PLEASE DO NOT POST. MORE INFORMATION TO BE FOLLOWED IN THE NEXT POST.

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The following game will have special mechanics. I promise that there is no ******* modding or anything that would be considered as such, this is still a mafia game at it's core.

Premise:
1. This game will be played on randomized accounts that I have made specifically for this occasion. You may do what you please with these accounts.
2. You may not out your identity at any time, and doing so will result in a modkill.

Special mechanics:
1. This game will feature a mechanic called guessing. Each night, you are allowed to PM me to guess someone's identity. I will post these guesses following the start of the day. If you guess someone's identity correctly, it will be revealed.
2. That being said, it is very important that you try to make yourself unidentifiable, and more importantly, have fun.
3. All roles and names given to players are completely random.
4. The following is a closed setup.
5. This game will have a traditional day and night phase.

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

Alive:

1. Polishnapkin
2. Corps phoenix
3. Twitchybanana
4. OrangeXhtml
5. Aquariusboy
8. BarmanUK Maven89
9. Morosemist

Dead:
7. Ranivorousbeast #HBC | J - Town Bodyguard

6. Protateus FullMetalLynch - Vanilla Townie

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

Do you have a reliable co-host?

:059:
I don't have a co-host, but I should be able to handle this myself. I'll make sure to keep up on vote-counts, flips, and information.

If someone wants to volunteer they may.

Last edited:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
If you would like this locked till you want to open it to keep the anonymity up, lemme know Soup!

#HBC | ѕoup

If you could do that for me I'd really appreciate it.

#HBC | ѕoup

Just wanted to give a small update on the game as we've been locked for quite a while now as I had someone approach me if we were full yet. The unfortunate answer is no but that may also be fortunate in regards to if you wanted to play this game. I have 5 (tentatively 6 based on another person who gave me a maybe) slots already taken which means I need roughly 8 more slots in order to start. Once I get those 8 slots, the game will go right into confirmation phase which can be done in thread with your anonymous account.

I also want to stress to be careful when you're switching accounts, and I would suggest using the invisible function in the options.

I don't want people posting unless they have inquiries about how the game will work, but please remember to sign up via PM so the anonymity still stays in-tact.

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

I changed how guessing works. It will not kill you or reveal your role, rather just your identity. I think this is more fair and balanced comparative to the idea I had earlier.

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Not sure if I'll join because of school and the like, but this looks like a neat game. People should give it a shot.

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

Last game just finished so I'm hoping this fills soonish. If anyone wants to co-mod, or would like to help with setup balancing (I have a rough draft, and I would like feedback) let me know.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm not sure if I wanna join this ... 14 players seems a bit too much. Somebody convince me?

:059:

#HBC | ѕoup

Almost full. I'll start this and roll right into confirmation phase (along with assigning accounts) as soon as I get the last 5 I need.

#HBC | ѕoup

You were supposed to sign up privately, but I digress.

I am going to get this game rolling after I've made a conscious decision to shorten the game to 9 players. The setup that I had in mind will basically work the same, so don't expect a huge overhaul.

Confirmation phase has begun. Please confirm by posting with your anonymous account!

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
Maven and Laundry are both liking the same comment.

MaLaundry scumteam confirmed, game over, town wins before half the game has confirmed (by the way, this is a REALLY long confirmation phase).

#HBC | ѕoup

Okay. I don't know where my last person is but I will be searching for a replacement and get this game rolling.

As one, you and seventeen nine other people snap awake and find yourselves in an old, musty library dimly lit banquet room. It's enormous; the room stretches expansively as the marble floor shines brilliantly off the lights placed on the ceiling.

Surrounding you are tables laden with food, treats, a bowl of punch... nothing. it looks like you were all having a Masquerade party. A Halloween Masquerade party, judging by the Jack O' Lantern Masks on the table. As you try to come to grips, you realize that everybody is wearing a costume mask. You look down at yourself -- you have a rush of memory as you realize that you do know what costume mask it is you're wearing.

You're glad to remember that much. Did you drink too much last night? Everything is a haze. You can't remember who any of these people are or what their costumes actual faces might be. You can't even remember who you are. It must've been some party for everyone to pass out on the floor like that.

Apparently it was too much party for one unfortunate person. In the center of the room lies... well, some dude nobody remembers. Unlike the others, he didn't get up. Someone checks his pulse.

Everybody runs for the doors. But not a single door will budge. The windows do open... to a sheer plummet that leaves no hope for survival. An expanse of empty countryside is in view.

You look at everyone in turn, and they all return your wary glance. You must be connected to these people somehow. But one or more of these people must've committed this murder, and you're locked in with them. If you could only remember who you are, or who they are... but for now, you'll have to make do with democratic mob justice!

Before you can begin your search, you notice a convieniently placed intercom on the ceiling.

The voice speaks. he speaks in a completely effeminate and not very masculine voice:

G-good evening. I am...

The intercom fuzzes out, and the sound of a microphone drops. You can hear bickering on the other end. Then the sound of fighting. You all look being to ponder what could possibly be happening, then, suddenly..

Another voice speaks, in a much more dignified manner.

What I say in the next minute is my order. Your identity is your lifeline. You must protect it all costs.

That being said, others identities may be your saving grace. Look closely at the person standing next to you. Observe them. Do not let them unmask you. Trust nobody.

Silence peremates the room. It is a somber moment in the banquet hall, and you feel a chill down your spine. You cling to your mask reluctantly, and stare at one another. One of you will die.

Day one begins!

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch! Deadline is on November 27th, 12:00 AM EST.

Polishnapkin [0]
Corps phoenix [0]
Twitchybanana [0]
OrangeXhtml [0]
Aquariusboy [0]
Protateus [0]
Ranivorousbeast [0]
BarmanUK [0]
Morosemist [0]

Not voting - Everyone​

Last edited:

BarmanUK

Smash Cadet
Please urge everyon remember to only post on their new accounts, I think the concept is really fun and don't want to see it ruined because forget to switch accounts

#HBC | ѕoup

PLEASE POST ON YOUR ANONYMOUS ACCOUNTS AND MAKE SURE YOU ARE SIGNED INTO THEM. IF YOU DO NOT, I WILL ASK A MOD TO DELETE YOUR POST, AND WILL LIKELY HAVE TO MODKILL OR SEEK REPLACEMENT IF YOU DO SO.

Last edited:

Aquariusboy

Smash Cadet
I also think it would be good if people could get an avatar. It will make things easier to keep track of.

Vote: Morosemist

Why so serious?

Morosemist

Smash Cadet
I am not sure what you mean, Aquariusboy. From what are you deriving that I am "so serious"?

I am also a bit confused as to why Maven and Laundry liked my comment, but they seem like nice fellows.

Vote: Polishnapkin

He took the name that I wanted! If I can't have that name, then neither can he.

Protateus

Smash Rookie
I feel very suspicious of that jealousy. Town doesn't have a reason to be jealous but scum does!! Plus, Morosemist, you're so serious dude. Like, so serious, that I'm suspicious of you too!! You and aquariusboy, you're in cahoots aren't you ?

Protateus

Smash Rookie
Statements like that don't help it go by any faster though!! I feel like you're just reaching out and posting to be seen as one who cares!!!

Vote: OrangeXHTML

Protateus

Smash Rookie
Barman, why do you call out AquariusBoy, but not Orange ?! His content is even more fake because his statement doesn't contribute to moving town towards a win or even getting us out of our slow RVS. I would say that it is equally as suspicious as aquariusboy and morosemist!!

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
I'm a bit suspicious of Protateus since he's frantically throwing shade on literally every slot that has posted thus far. Some of the pressure just doesn't make sense (like Barman "not calling me out" where the only thing I did at the point of his last post was a random vote).

Top Bottom