• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Someone on twitter made an interesting point, if Skull Kid is in, it makes an even amount of new characters on the list:

1. Isaac
2. Geno
3. Banjo Kazooie
4. Chorus Kids
5. Mach Rider
6. Shadow
7. Ken
8. Skull Kid

If there's no 8th character there, this list looks a little off. Granted something like Incineroar could happen, but he's not on the mural so....

I guess it really is Skull Kid. I think he's in. We did it, boys, we did it.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Now now Cyber let's just drop it and talk about...uhhh....well **** I dunno what else we'd talk about right now.

Man I sure can't wait for that Skull Kid DLC huh fellas?

cybersai

Smash Ace
If there's another ballot he should be a popular pick since he's on the top of everyones mind now. It's also nice to see the Zelda fandom in general rally behind one character, instead of being spread out over 5+ different characters like Impa, Ganon, Midna, Vaati, or whoever.

Better chance of getting a Zelda rep if everyone gets behind the same character.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
You'd think Ridley would stick out too but he's pretty much invisible in that leak.
Ridley is basically one color. Skull Kid has a lot more going on than that.

Someone on twitter made an interesting point, if Skull Kid is in, it makes an even amount of new characters on the list
Website design has never been a practical method of guessing the total amount of newcomers.

Granted something like Incineroar could happen, but he's not on the mural so....
Kinda like Skull Kid in that regard.

All Hail Me

Sarge
If there's another ballot he should be a popular pick since he's on the top of everyones mind now. It's also nice to see the Zelda fandom in general rally behind one character, instead of being spread out over 5+ different characters like Impa, Ganon, Midna, Vaati, or whoever.

Better chance of getting a Zelda rep if everyone gets behind the same character.
I agree! Hopefully this will bring people into our corner. A lot of top characters have gotten in, so several of their supporters will move to other places and I feel skull kid will gain a huge amount of supporters.

On another note. I would like to think that Impa and Skull kid will be released together in a LOZ themed DLC. Throw in a stage and a couple mii costumes to finish off the deal. I just feel that Impa will not be unique enough of a character and they wouldnt try to release an echo fighter by themselves for fear of backlash since they pretty much admitted they are faster to develope. Besides 2 characters means more people will buy, which in turn means more money for Nintendo.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I agree! Hopefully this will bring people into our corner. A lot of top characters have gotten in, so several of their supporters will move to other places and I feel skull kid will gain a huge amount of supporters.

On another note. I would like to think that Impa and Skull kid will be released together in a LOZ themed DLC. Throw in a stage and a couple mii costumes to finish off the deal. I just feel that Impa will not be unique enough of a character and they wouldnt try to release an echo fighter by themselves for fear of backlash since they pretty much admitted they are faster to develope. Besides 2 characters means more people will buy, which in turn means more money for Nintendo.
Impa and Skull Kid in one pack, that's a instabuy for me wonder if they could include some Zelda skins for characters in that pack too, like BOTW Zelda.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Skull Kid and Impa would be great but it's looking increasingly unlikely.

DLC has be scared, I found Sakurai's choices for DLC, off, last time, too many third parties. Hopefully with every veteran back, we actually get some decent first party newcomers. Hopefully this trend of popular characters continue.

And we desperately need a new Zelda character.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Skull Kid and Impa would be great but it's looking increasingly unlikely.

DLC has be scared, I found Sakurai's choices for DLC, off, last time, too many third parties. Hopefully with every veteran back, we actually get some decent first party newcomers. Hopefully this trend of popular characters continue.

And we desperately need a new Zelda character.
I'm hoping most of the DLC characters will just be Nintendo characters. I really would like to see Dixie Kong, Skull Kid, and Elma make it in.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Guys dont forget about Kos Mos she is in the Banner the fans pointed that out and trace it and I believe them I do see her.

Dan

Smash Lord
This is being slept on so much; why would he have teased the pillows/chairs if he was just a boss?

Cap’nKazam

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so I have a question. In the event Skull Kid is not in the mural and is introduced as a boss, how should we go about convincing the Smash Bros community to vote for him for DLC? This was SK’s biggest problem last time around, and frankly, the reason I think we don’t already have him as a confirmed character, as his fanbase during SSB4 era should have been more than enough to propel him to a top requested ballot character, had he not been confirmed as assist already (and NoA clarified Sakurai’s ballot was also for future Smash games). Although a Skull Kid boss would probably make SK unplayable, I see no reason why we should accept that until Sakurai himself says so. So if SK is confirmed boss next Direct in a worst case scenario, we need a message to preserve this enormous momentum Skull Kid has built up, which might be enough to turn Sakurai’s ear if we are loud enough. Isaac and Geno will both be in by that point (we could probably say), which means we may be able to rally a major portion of the community behind the last of the big three most wanted - focus Sakurai’s attentions on a single character.

In short, if Skull Kid is confirmed boss, where do we go from there to fight for him becoming playable in Ultimate? And how do we prevent a Skull Kid community diaspora like what happened last game with the assist trophy reveal?

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Guys dont forget about Kos Mos she is in the Banner the fans pointed that out and trace it and I believe them I do see her.
You mean the bunch of clouds that vaguely looks humanoid but is definitely just a coincidental bunch of clouds?

This is being slept on so much; why would he have teased the pillows/chairs if he was just a boss?
There's no guarantee at all that that was a tease for Skull Kid.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
there's a gigantic gap between Inkling and Roy on the final mural for no reason.
The gap is so that you can see Mach Rider. Like...are you also gonna question why there's such a big gap between Wario and Robin just so that we can see DDD?

Inkling is literally the furthest forward character on the Banner ATM and in the leak Roy is moved forward to her level. There being some depth there so that they can show a character on the ground between the two means nothing.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
You think there was just a purple and green chair there for no reason?
I think there could've been. Yeah, the furniture is weird, but don't you think it's possible that if it was teasing anyone, it was teasing Isabelle, the character from a series in which furniture plays a massive role?

If Skull Kid gets confirmed, I'd definitely call it a tease for him. But if he's not in, then it could just as easily have been a tease for Isabelle, or nothing at all, and just a coincidence that the colors matched Skull Kid so well.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Skull Kid is small enough that he doesn't even cover the entire Mach Bike, that's why his position is perfect. You still see the entire March Rider himself and the back and front of the bike.

Sup fellow Masked Marauders. Haven't posted here in a while, just waiting for the Grinch ****storm to pass. Just wanted to share a bit of optimism with y'all:

From what i've seen since i've joined, potential leaks (like the banner/Grinch) are poping up and are debunked all the time, it's part of the speculation period. On the other hand some things are here to stay, like the support for Skull Kid inclusion and our reasons to believe he'll be playable.

Sure, the Grinch leak is not yet debunked but it doesn't mean it's legit. The reasoning behind Skull Kid inclusion is still standing strong tho and has been since the 8.8's Direct, nothing has really changed imo. Skull Kid has not been deconfirmed + No theories or leaks have been verified/confirmed to be true.

Until the next Direct comes and clears things up, i'm sticking with our logical reasoning only and will be treating leaks the Zinith Zinith way ''All leaks are bull**** until proven real''.

That being said, i'm going back to Hyrule ;) See ya.

You think there was just a purple and green chair there for no reason?
I understand your stance on this but the chairs are a bit shaky (i wouldn't sit on it if i were you :p), when it comes to Skull Kid potential inclusion, there are way better arguments than the chairs/furniture. Personally i'd keep this in the 'potential hint but kind of a stretch' folder.

Skull Kid is small enough that he doesn't even cover the entire Mach Bike, that's why his position is perfect. You still see the entire March Rider himself and the back and front of the bike.
I don't mean to be rude but i've read the last pages of the thread and i think you've made your point pretty clear already, some could consider your recurrent posts on the same exact subject as spamming. It's just an advice, please do not interpret this message in a bad way but in case you do just private message me.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Sup fellow Masked Marauders. Haven't posted here in a while, just waiting for the Grinch ****storm to pass. Just wanted to share a bit of optimism with y'all:

From what i've seen since i've joined, potential leaks (like the banner/Grinch) are poping up and are debunked all the time, it's part of the speculation period. On the other hand some things are here to stay, like the support for Skull Kid inclusion and our reasons to believe he'll be playable.

Sure, the Grinch leak is not yet debunked but it doesn't mean it's legit. The reasoning behind Skull Kid inclusion is still standing strong tho and has been since the 8.8's Direct, nothing has really changed imo. Skull Kid has not been deconfirmed + No theories or leaks have been verified/confirmed to be true.

Until the next Direct comes and clears things up, i'm sticking with our logical reasoning only and will be treating leaks the Zinith Zinith way ''All leaks are bull**** until proven real''.

That being said, i'm going back to Hyrule ;) See ya.

I understand your stance on this but the chairs are a bit shaky (i wouldn't sit on it if i were you :p), when it comes to Skull Kid potential inclusion, there are way better arguments than the chairs/furniture. Personally i'd keep this in the 'potential hint but kind of a stretch' folder.

I don't mean to be rude but i've read the last pages of the thread and i think you've made your point pretty clear already, some could consider your recurrent posts on the same exact subject as spamming. It's just an advice, please do not interpret this message in a bad way but in case you do just private message me.
While I'm on team real myself, I wouldn't be mad at all if it was fake and Skull Kid made the cut, I like your optimism.

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
nobody here is getting over emotional and using a whole lot of exclamation marks in a fit of rage. Plus we want Skull Kid so there's nowhere near enough trash tastes here for this to look like a Gamefaqs thread lol.
You calling trash tastes and the fit some of you went into some pages back about characters you don't need that should be removed is enough to prove you lack empathy and respect just like the gamefaqs crew. So let's try and keep it jolly.

I am in the Skull Kid for DLC wagon because the banner leak, if true, is amazing. I'd rather go for all of these than just skull kid and Incineroar (for example, since Sakurai said fewer characters)

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
You calling trash tastes and the fit some of you went into some pages back about characters you don't need that should be removed is enough to prove you lack empathy and respect just like the gamefaqs crew. So let's try and keep it jolly.

I am in the Skull Kid for DLC wagon because the banner leak, if true, is amazing. I'd rather go for all of these than just skull kid and Incineroar (for example, since Sakurai said fewer characters)
I'll definitely be cool with the Grinch leak being real over any other leak we've seen so far. I don't care for Ken or the Chorus Kids (though I've warmed up to the latter given a humorous headcanon that happened with them in the leaks/spoilers discussion thread and I'm bummed said headcanon won't be in their moveset, lol), but Shadows my 2nd most wanted, I like Isaac, and Mach Rider seems really cool (not sure how fighting on a bike would work but still). With what was teased it's a very solid roster, Skull Kid or no Skull Kid. :)

Skull Kid's either playable or not in at all at this point, and if for some reason he's not DLC then we can rally behind him for Smash 6!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Technically this is already Smash 6.

But waiting for the next Smash is a scary prospect. Sakurai has already said Everyone is here likely won't happen again, and there's a strong chance we're going to get a smaller roster, making choices for newcomers much more important.

For example, let's say Krystal.

She's a popular character. But there are a lot of cuts happening, are you really able to justify this character when some franchises are at risk of losing their only representative.

Can those bigger franchises really justify another newcomer? Are these newcomers justified if you have to cut another character to do it.

I don't think many people would be happy if Wolf was cut and Krystal was added. People lost their mind when got Lucario and Greninja but not Mewtwo.

Skull Kid does have a bit of an advantage there I guess. The Zelda series may currently have 6 movesets, but it only really has 3 characters, it absolutely can get a newcomer while cutting 1-3 characters. I guess it all depends on roster size, but the smaller it gets, I think the bigger lost the bigger franchises receive because they've got more to lose. It's going to be a toughie.

Also I really hope we see Mach Rider soon, find out what's causing those eyes, because it doesn't match headlights or wheels. But I'm also fairly convinced it's NOT Skull Kid unfortunately.

Or the leak is fake and Skull Kid is playable anyway.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Yeah, it's gonna be a long time before we get another Smash, and it's all but confirmed it will not be as expansive as this one. We can hope that we made enough noise this time around to get him in the next one, whenever that may be, but there's no guarantee. I do think it's a good sign, though, that even though other Zelda characters have come and gone, like Midna and Ghirahim, Skull Kid remains popular when he's actually considered as an option.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
You're tearing me apart, Sakurai!
I am so happy to have Skull Kid in Smash, and I love Sakurai so much

I got the results of the leak back, I definitely have noskullkidinsmashsydrome
Edit: oh did none catch my The Room references, I guess they're more obscure quotes lol

Last edited:

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
You guys rock. XD

(Confession: I've never seen The Room, I just know the meme stuff)

Last edited:

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
You have to see it, it's ****ing amazing
I'll have to check it out!

(Also I caught the room references because I've browsed TV Tropes too much and watched Nostalgia Critic's review—I was actually surprised you guys responded to my TR quote with more. XD)

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
I don't think you know what "over emotional" means lol. All I said was "eh, Bowser Jr deserves it more than Rosalina tbh". Meanwhile on gamefaqs you'd have someone losing their spaghetti and making it look like they're yelling their post out as loud and dramatically as they can.

ThomasMagmar

Smash Cadet
I made a theory 2 days ago that Mach Rider is on the banner without the bike, but nearly
none believe me and all saw the end of his bike.
In my picture you can clearly see that there is no bike, it is just the background.
You see from the bottom up (above inklings ear) a piece of the iceblock (its a bit blue/green),
a kind of rock formation (black/ dark grey) the sky (yellow/white), a cloud (light grey), again the
sky and the tail of Wolf.

you also have to notice that there is white point at Inklings ear, look at the orginal banner.

http://www.netupload.de/s/1228/xkeN6Nf3.html

http://www.netupload.de/s/1228/iQGSyyCC.html

Makotoa

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
2720-1558-5025
Skull Kid wasn't really even on my radar till people started speculating that the 2 chairs in that Smash Bros Direct were a reference to his fairies. Ever since then though, I've been more and more hyped by the idea of him making it in. I could see him having a really interesting fighting style with a really creepy vibe. My personal favorites are Incineroar and Tails at the moment, but Skull Kid is definitely next in line for my most wanted fighters.

Carticas

Smash Rookie
Let's be honest, Skull Kid isn't in base, what we have to do is support him for DLC and thats all

Top Bottom