• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Much as I wish he was there, he isn't. His cramped positioning doesn't make sense and neither does his pose. What's he supposed to be doing? A lot of the characters are in some kind of dynamic pose that reflects their personality, but Skull Kid squatting in front of a bike doesn't make any sense. Besides, it's not as if the banner is so cramped they'd have to squeeze him in there: him floating in the air makes a lot more sense. Or doing some kind of one-legged pose.

All I can hope at this stage is that Skull Kid is one of the missing characters that insiders are apparently aware about, but I doubt that's true: at most, it'd be Incineroar (who they've explicitly mentioned) and perhaps some big name third party who's being kept in secrecy.

Its not the end of the world if he isn't in, though. Given that this possible roster fulfills so many fan requests, it can enable other characters to move up the ladder in terms of recognition.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Much as I wish he was there, he isn't. His cramped positioning doesn't make sense and neither does his pose. What's he supposed to be doing? A lot of the characters are in some kind of dynamic pose that reflects their personality, but Skull Kid squatting in front of a bike doesn't make any sense. Besides, it's not as if the banner is so cramped they'd have to squeeze him in there: him floating in the air makes a lot more sense. Or doing some kind of one-legged pose.

All I can hope at this stage is that Skull Kid is one of the missing characters that insiders are apparently aware about, but I doubt that's true: at most, it'd be Incineroar (who they've explicitly mentioned) and perhaps some big name third party who's being kept in secrecy.

Its not the end of the world if he isn't in, though. Given that this possible roster fulfills so many fan requests, it can enable other characters to move up the ladder in terms of recognition.
Did we really need someone like the Chorus Kids though?

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
To be fair, there are many character in Smash we don't need, but they're nice additions anyway. Chorus Kids would be representing a new series (and a previously unrepresented genre), which is always nice.

UserKev

Smash Champion
All for uniqueness, miss. But god I don't have the energy to read any pages in this topic I may have missed. Haha Its so draining by this point.

waiting game.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, there are many character in Smash we don't need, but they're nice additions anyway. Chorus Kids would be representing a new series (and a previously unrepresented genre), which is always nice.
Eh, true. Heard they were supposed to be in Smash 4 so assuming the leak is real I wish they had gotten in then. Then it would free up a spot this game for someone else.

All for uniqueness, miss. But god I don't have the energy to read any pages in this topic I may have missed. Haha Its so draining by this point.

waiting game.
Agreed, at this point there's so much back and forth that I feel kind of drained on the matter and wish I had the Song of Time to skip to a Direct so we'd at least know.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Eh, Bowser Jr. deserves it more than Rosalina. At least Jr's fanbase isn't mostly people liking him because "muh waifu" lol.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
At least Bowser Jr. is a rep from one of Nintendo's top franchises.

We haven't got a new Zelda rep since Brawl.
Yeah but Smash 4 got 2 unique Mario reps in one game
while Zelda was left in the dust
Eh, Bowser Jr. deserves it more than Rosalina. At least Jr's fanbase isn't mostly people liking him because "muh waifu" lol.
it doesnt really matter which one tbh, the real problem was that Smash 4 got two unique Mario reps

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
At least Bowser Jr. is a rep from one of Nintendo's top franchises.

We haven't got a new Zelda rep since Brawl.
In a way, not since Melee, as Toon Link felt like a replacement for Young Link. I wouldn't mind having three Links if they had more varied movesets which included a greater variety of items from Zelda.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
I feel like Zelda would have been in a better spot if Ganondorf was saved for Brawl. At least then he would have had a much more faithful moveset.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Zelda would have been in a better spot if Ganondorf was saved for Brawl. At least then he would have had a much more faithful moveset.
or if Sakurai didn't have the stupid mindset of "well this character was this way once so they will be this way forever" and sure he got minor changes overtime, but really he's still a Captain Falcon clone at his core.

ThomasMagmar

Smash Cadet
Except it isn't, even in your own outline there's an entire strip of red outside of where you've drawn the ear that would finish rounding it off, and there's no possible way for Mach Rider to be in front of Inkling from their positioning, so even if you're seeing it that way the first explanations should be a) an inconsistency that points to fake by mistaken layering or b) a loss of detail thanks to the low resolution (blurring will create a combined area between 2 colours that were boardering eachother that may not even be either colour).

The white is you label as wings is well positioned to be a belt buckle, and the blobs you lable as the fairy's are only 'too small' to be hands (I don't believe they are) because it's obstructed by the bike/mask...the red isn't anything close to purple and the colour is the same as the belt...furthermore that colour discrepancy (if there were one) would again be the result of the low resolution blending boardering colours.

How is that impossible?

Just look at all that sticks out from the bike in the trophy.

This also ignores the other issue with your positioning in that if Skull Kid is in a pose that positions their body behind them then where the hell has Mach Rider's other leg gone?

- It could be that Inklings red part of the ear is in front of his leg, this area was a mixture of red and blue ,so I also wasn't that sure, but it makes no difference for the rest of the picture.

Like I said in my first post, I also don't know if everything is correct what I have drawn. I was also guessing in some cases because the quality was too bad. The belt is clear for me, but I am not sure about the route of the arm and the gloves. I only saw 3,4 dots. 1 was white, 1 was yellow and 1 in my eyes it is dark purple and not red. There is nothing yellow or white in Mach Riders clothes, so it have to be something other. Maybe 1 fee, maybe 2 or maybe something total different.

I don't know why people show the black bike. We have seen that every retro character also have his retro uniform. Also Mach Rider has red/blue clothes. So if there is a bike, the bike shoukld definitly be white and not black.

The other leg is at the same position like everyone thought it is, the difference is that not the bike cover it, but Majoras Mask do it.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
You'll have to pry Iggy from my cold, dead hands... Admit it, Sakurai figuring out a loophole to have all seven Koopalings playable was cool as hell.
I agree it was cool. don't get me wrong now that he's here it's cool and all and I actually do play him the most out of all the Mario character, my distaste for him originally was just my disappointment for Zelda not getting anything.
also Larry>all the others, fight me

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Why does Skull Kid need a dynamic pose? It looks like he's sitting floating in mid-air just like he does in Majora's Mask looking at Tael. That is not part of the Mach Bike, no official design of the Mach Bike has ever looked at that. We have Robin sitting with his back turned to the audience of all things.

There is also a gigantic space between Inkling and Roy if nothing is there. The Mach Rider is a little behind Inkling/Roy further in the background and you can easily tell this. So every other space on the mural is crowded and cramped with characters, yet there's a sizable gap between Inkling and Roy for no reason? Likewise due to the blur it makes it obvious Skull Kid is in front of the bike, look at the "plane" each character is on.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I was thinking Skull Kid was there, too, but it may just be Mach Rider straddling his (her?) bike:

Mach Rider.png

The lines indicate where Mach Rider's other leg seems to be.

It may just look odd because of the blur.

cybersai

Smash Ace
That looks like the tire to me, I think Mach Rider's right leg isn't even visible because it's on the other side of the bike.

Also why do people say Skull Kid's colors are "muted" when it's the same as every other blurry mess on the mural

More people contrasting the colors, you can see him. Hell I even see Skull kid's body now. He's floating with his legs crossed.

Last edited:

Cap’nKazam

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only person who likes Ganondorf as he is? When I think of the King of Thieves, I tend to see him this way.

“Oh, that’s cute, you brought a sword and shield to face me! Oh, and a bow too! What’s that you say, with magic arrows? How intimidating! Now come over here so I can snap your pretty sword in half with my bare hands.”

Part of the draw from the first fight with Ganondorf for me in OoT was that he was this huge, terrifying giant of a man (Gerudos average 8 feet tall, as I recall) laughing at me from dead center of the room, wielding absolutely no weapons of his own, almost like a mockery to Mr. utility belt Link, who brings dozens of different spells, items, potions and weapons to take him down. I distinctly remember charging Ganondorf the first time we fought, thinking “What’s he going to do, he doesn’t even have a weapon - I can just shield whatever he tries - OHHHMYGOOOOO” That part was when his magic-infused fist connected with my skull. :p

It’s absolutely hilarious to me that the Hero of Time doesn’t stand a single chance against Ganondorf up close, and so has to spend the entire battle far away lobbing arrows and magic at him where he can’t physically reach you. Really gave me the impression Ganondorf was a Dark Lord like no other. Sauron had his mace, Voldemort had his wand, and Vader had his lightsaber, but all Ganondorf needed were his own bare fists to send his antagonising hero down a trip through the dark timeline. He is his own weapon. Brutal.

Come think of it, Ganondorf fights a lot like Thanos. Magic when you’re far away, and a fist to your jaw when you’re up close.

I do wish he would have his energy attack though. Would be hilarious, fighters bouncing an increasingly powerful energy ball back at each other until one of them caves. Or a super powerful, charged energy barrage. Feels very Ganondorf-like, and would give him vastly different battlefield tactics than ole Cap’n Falcon at that point.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Am I the only person who likes Ganondorf as he is? When I think of the King of Thieves, I tend to see him this way.

“Oh, that’s cute, you brought a sword and shield to face me! Oh, and a bow too! What’s that you say, with magic arrows? How intimidating! Now come over here so I can snap your pretty sword in half with my bare hands.”

Part of the draw from the first fight with Ganondorf for me in OoT was that he was this huge, terrifying giant of a person (Gerudos average 8 feet tall, as I recall) laughing at me from dead center of the room, wielding absolutely no weapons of his own, almost like a mockery to Mr. utility belt Link, who brings dozens of different spells, items, potions and weapons to take him down. I distinctly remember charging Ganondorf the first time we fought, thinking “What’s he going to do, he doesn’t even have a weapon - I can just shield whatever he tries - OHHHMYGOOOOO” That part was when his magic fist connected with my skull. :p

It’s absolutely hilarious to me that the Hero of Time doesn’t stand a single chance against Ganondorf up close, and so has to spend the entire battle far away from his reach lobbing arrows and magic at him where he can’t physically reach you. Really gave me the impression Ganondorf was a Dark Lord like no other. Sauron had his mace, Voldemort had his wand, and Vader had his lightsaber, but all Ganondorf needed were his own bare fists to send his antagonising hero down a trip through the dark timeline. He is his own weapon. Brutal.

I do wish he would have his energy attack though. Would be hilarious, fighters bouncing an increasingly powerful energy ball back at each other until one of them caves. Or a super powerful, charged energy barrage. Feels very Ganondorf-like, and would give him vastly different battlefield tactics than ole Cap’n Falcon at that point.
I love Ganondorf in Ultimate; I just wish he could have some more references to the games. He uses the sword in Twilight Princess and yet all of the Smash attacks are taken from Ike and Cloud instead of Twilight Princess. Maybe some more attacks befitting for a wizard. We don't even have Dead Man's Volley yet.
I know, right? Part of me wishes that you could press the B button again during the startup of Warlock Punch to turn it into a big honkin' energy ball.

Last edited:

TheKingOfEvil2014

Smash Rookie
I love Ganondorf in Ultimate; I just wish he could have some more references to the games. He uses the sword in Twilight Princess and yet all of the Smash attacks are taken from Ike and Cloud instead of Twilight Princess. Maybe some more attacks befitting for a wizard. We don't even have Dead Man's Volley yet.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I would ****ing love for him to have a float like Peach does

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I can understand a lot of people seeing Majora's Mask because, aside from the Triforce, it is easily the most iconic icon in the series. I also don't agree with the characters having to have dynamic poses in the banner. A lot of characters are basically just floating (Pichu, Kirby, Jigglypuff, Metaknight), standing (Doc, Chrom, Game and Watch, Greninja) and Robin's flat out sitting on the ground.

Celir

Smash Rookie
Now it seems really complicated for Skull Kid. If the insiders really knew something about the leak, wouldn't they say that Skull kid is part of the roster, instead of just saying Incineroar? I can see Majora's mask beneath Mach Rider too, but I don't want to fool myself, the fact that it's so conflicting in the community right now doesn't help. I really don't want to see Skull Kid as a boss either. For me after the moon being shown as an AT, he's playable or nothing.

TheKingOfEvil2014

Smash Rookie
I honestly can't picture Skull Kid himself as a boss. Sure, Majora's Wrath could work; but Skull Kid? Smash bosses tend to be big so that they're easy to hit. Not to mention Rathalos showed you can be an Assist Trophy and a boss. Imo, they would've rushed to shoot him down like they did with Waluigi and all the deconfirmed characters in the 8/8 Direct.
He could work; but I believe he'll be completely MIA (aside from a normal trophy, I guess) if the Grinch leak is true.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I wonder if they already have a DLC shortlist.

I always thought that promoting someone already in game like an assist wouldn’t be a problem, but what if they already decided on a few DLC characters that they set aside to work on later? It does seem strange that there is zero reference to Skull Kid as yet...

cybersai

Smash Ace
If by worst case scenario Skull Kid is a boss...at least his model is in the game. They could re-work it to a playable moveset easily. Skull Kid could be both a boss in a story mode and playable. It isn't like where Ridley in Smash U was stuck on a level.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
People keep talking about size of bosses, but there's definitely a chance they'll make a class of smaller ones in this game. Marx, Black Knight, etc. Popular villains who couldn't make the cut to be playable. Skull Kid could fit right in if they decide to do something like that, disappointing though it would be.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Damn it, now I can see orange and green beneath where the mask would be.

My issue with Skull Kid boss is less the size, and more the fact he was never a boss. Him before the actual final boss makes so little sense. It doesn't even make sense to incorporate him into that fight at all.

I'm confident that Skull Kid will NOT be a boss

cybersai

Smash Ace
If the mural leak is real, Skull Kid is in. If loz18 is legit, Skull Kid is in.

Only thing against him is him missing in that 4chan leak, or people like LeakyPanda saying he's a boss but the latter is known to be wrong constantly in his predictions.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
If the mural leak is real, Skull Kid is in.
[citation needed]

This is a theory. Please stop acting like it's a fact.

Only thing against him is him missing in that 4chan leak, or people like LeakyPanda saying he's a boss but the latter is known to be wrong constantly in his predictions.
And the fact that papagenos's source has heard about only the seven characters on the banner and no more. They never mentioned Skull Kid.

cybersai

Smash Ace
This pic playing with contrast levels clearly shows Skull Kid in front of the bike:

Even if you don't think it's Skull Kid (despite making out the shape of Majora's Mask), and now the brown/orange colors resembling Skull Kid's body...what else can it be?

There is no reason for those colors to be there if there's nothing in front of the Mach Bike. Skull Kid is sitting with his legs crossed floating in mid-air. Tael also seems to be there...why is a purple circle next to Roy's leg that isn't in the last official banner?

There are too many colors there that have no reason to be there otherwise, and they suspiciously match Skull Kid's and Tael's colors? What.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
And I suppose it's just a coincidence that the back of the bike exactly matches the other greens on "Skull Kid" in this picture?

Look man, I want to be wrong, but you're not gonna convince me that I'm seeing anything more than what I want to see.

cybersai

Smash Ace
You know you can see the headlight on the top of the mach bike near the wheel, why would the two eyes be more headlights? Again that doesn't fit with any previous design of the Mach Bike, and you expect 3 headlights?

Cap’nKazam

Smash Apprentice
People keep talking about size of bosses, but there's definitely a chance they'll make a class of smaller ones in this game. Marx, Black Knight, etc. Popular villains who couldn't make the cut to be playable. Skull Kid could fit right in if they decide to do something like that, disappointing though it would be.
Y’know, I’m fairly sure SK’s going to be a boss at this point, but if there are going to be two classes of bosses in this game, how sweet would it be to have a special “play as the boss” pack for DLC, featuring Skull Kid, Marx, and Black Knight? That would be an amazingly crazy DLC pack to purchase. I might dish out the full price of the game all over again just to play as those three characters. :p

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Y’know, I’m fairly sure SK’s going to be a boss at this point, but if there are going to be two classes of bosses in this game, how sweet would it be to have a special “play as the boss” pack for DLC, featuring Skull Kid, Marx, and Black Knight? That would be an amazingly crazy DLC pack to purchase. I might dish out the full price of the game all over again just to play as those three characters. :p
Now that would be a "Skull Kid boss fight" scenario I'd be cool with.

Top Bottom