• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hyrule Warriors WAS his original voice actor (actress)

I think it's impressive that she sounded as good as she did in Hyrule Warriors given how long it had been since she had voiced him. I think the only problem I have is the filter was a bit off. But that was pretty much a universal problem with Hyrule warriors.

Interestingly, his Voice Actress is the voice of a character already playable in Smash Bros, Toon Link.
Well I didn't dislike it but I did prefer the older laugh but learning it's the same voice actor is reassuring. I also figured it would inherently sound better in Smash since Hyrule Warriors is a bit "unpolished" in some areas.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Hey btw Mr. Nintendo, you might consider throwing Theophany’s musical contributions on the front page under the videos. They composed two albums so far adapting music from Majora’s Mask, which were officially licensed with Nintendo and absolute masterpieces. Their work was actually used to score the Terrible Fate vid. They also did the soundtrack for Oxenfree, if you’ve played that. You can check out their work here:

https://theophany-rmx.bandcamp.com/
Done, added it before the Terrible Fate video.

Smash Apprentice
They got the original VA back and I honestly think they did a pretty damn good job in HW.
They'll probably reuse sound files from HW and MM3D. Skull Kid doesn't really need to make many very new sounds aside from maybe a "getting hit" noise and a KO scream (although they could just pitch shift the Moon scream). Skull Kid's voice is mostly the product of digital filters and effects anyways.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I am curious how he'll sound in the game, they did go out of the way to bring back Ganondorfs original voice actor who hasn't voiced him since WW, so they'll probably do the same here. I'd like new voice clips

slambros

Smash Ace
Does anyone have any idea how skull kid would be introduced in a direct? Open to any ideas of what could happen?
However Skull Kid is introduced, the trailer's gotta involve Young Link, somehow, someway. It'd be a fantastic opportunity to welcome back Young Link and welcome in Skull Kid. Maybe Young Link can be riding Epona in a forest or something, and Skull Kid ambushes him from the bushes or something. I dunno.

Last edited:

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
However Skull Kid is introduced, the trailer's gotta involve Young Link, somehow, someway. It'd be a fantastic opportunity to welcome back Young Link and welcome in Skull Kid. Maybe Young Link can be riding Epona in a forest or something, and Skull Kid ambushes him from the bushes or something. I dunno.
I could see this. Sort of a spin off trailer off the beginning of Majora's Mask except for Smash Bros :)

The way I see the reveal trailer ending is Young Link transforms into fierce deity while Skull Kid into Majora’s Wrath and it ends before they collide.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
The way I see the reveal trailer ending is Young Link transforms into fierce deity while Skull Kid into Majora’s Wrath and it ends before they collide.
Now that'd be hype, especially if they decided to save the reveal of Young Link's Final Smash for being a transformation into Fierce Deity Link.

Anyways, I'll get around to polishing a possible Skull Kid moveset I'm writing and post it later in the day (or evening for my timezone since I've homework to get on with), so hopefully that'll work.

Last edited:

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
I support Skull Kid
Unique design, moveset and character (similar to my support for other characters)
(My 4th support)

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
So if Skull Kid's in the game, I think he will probably be revealed in this September direct, I honestly have no evidence just a hunch.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
*Hold arms up high*

(Honestly, I don't know much about Geno. However, I'd be fine if he is added. I really want Skull Kid though.)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Found this this morning. Is this guy a credible leaker?

https://twitter.com/LeakyPandy/status/1036231806129979392
Nope, others users on gamefaqs says he got the date of a Direct correct once, but got the details of said Direct completely wrong

Also, how would you all feel about a mega Zelda reveal that reveals Impa, Demise, Ravio and Hilda as echo fighters and Skull Kid as unique all while playing to the 2017 Botw trailer theme https://youtu.be/GJm2k1yI-Zw
Something along the lines of this, but obviously with better direction https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76959525

Spatman

Smash Ace
every pic, video or post that join Skull Kid and Geno makes me a little less supportive for Skull Kid, like if he was somewhat less unique.
I don't visit Geno's thread because I don't like him, and still I can't understand why so many SK's supporters feel the need to put both of them in the same ship

anyway, I came in to follow the discussion about Leakypandy's tweet: I'm relieved if it's true that it isn't an attendible leaker. Having Skull Kid as a boss and not as a playable character would be an huge disappointment

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm personally torn between Halloween and as soon as possible for his reveal
Honestly, Halloween would be niche. I feel like Sakurai needs to reveal Skull Kid as soon as possible now. Just have a genuine and clever reveal, a late night direct. A Halloween direct could even be absent because Japan may not schedule on holidays.

I'm completely expecting Skull Kid sooner because its necessary.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
So LeakyPandy is the new account for Vandal_Leaks, who made a huge debut with a Direct leak that got the date right...and literally everything else wrong. I don't know if they have any actual credibility, but considering the link that supposedly leads to their track record actually leads nowhere at all, I have serious doubts about their veracity.

Obviously I hope they're wrong, but I also think they are.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
every pic, video or post that join Skull Kid and Geno makes me a little less supportive for Skull Kid, like if he was somewhat less unique.
I don't visit Geno's thread because I don't like him, and still I can't understand why so many SK's supporters feel the need to put both of them in the same ship

anyway, I came in to follow the discussion about Leakypandy's tweet: I'm relieved if it's true that it isn't an attendible leaker. Having Skull Kid as a boss and not as a playable character would be an huge disappointment
I'm kinda the same but in the opposite way.

My love Skull Kid will never falter, but every time I see people group him with Geno, I hate Gen that bit more

Spatman

Smash Ace

My love Skull Kid will never falter, but every time I see people group him with Geno, I hate Gen that bit more
(actually it's the same for me too, but I didn't want to sound too harsh against Geno's supporters :p )

UserKev

Smash Champion

(actually it's the same for me too, but I didn't want to sound too harsh against Geno's supporters :p )
I can relate to you dudes. I was there to but its wiser to ignore a character you dislike for complicated reasons than to give Skull Kid supporters a negative look.

Smash Apprentice

You don't have to like them both. You can even dislike the idea of Geno in Smash... but I don't get how that would affect your view of Skull Kid or the sentiment behind the art. They're both visually complimentary characters who used to be memed as "impossible" newcomers that would never get in, but with Ultimate they're two of the most likely ones. While I think it's possible that one will get in without the other, I think it's more likely that both will get in.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

That people team them up is definitely not intended to make either seem like they can't stand on their own legs, it's really just because they're two popular characters who have been consistently brought up in relation to Smash for many years, and with a somewhat common theme aswell (stubby puppets). There's a ton of Ridley + K. Rool fanart out there from times gone by, it's really not meant to be anything but shared positivity between fanbases.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Seriously, guys. Geno supporters already don't want to come to this thread. Just let people have fun, even if you don't want the character.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Found this this morning. Is this guy a credible leaker?

https://twitter.com/LeakyPandy/status/1036231806129979392
The amount of people who believe him even though he provided absolutely no evidence is astounding.

However, I have to admit. I'm involved in a few other gaming communities and Skull Kid doesn't even break people's lists on those sites. On Zelda Universe in particular, there were multiple thread pages of lists where he isn't even mentioned once. I have to wonder if Skull Kid is mostly a Smashboards phenomenon? He has always been pretty reasonably popular around here, even though it faltered a bit after his AT status, present-day SK support proves that he never really left the minds of most Smashboards members.

It appears to be all about Impa and Hilda on other boards. People seem adamant that Zelda isn't getting a new unique rep, and seem completely oblivious to the building blocks that are laid out on the floor for Skull Kid. Mind you, they are not concrete building blocks yet, but Skull Kid has hands down the most cogent line of events going for him than any other Zelda rep IMHO.

Last edited:

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
To be honest, I don't even recall Skull Kid being that popular? He seems on the level of Midna for Brawl, and Ghirahim for Sm4sh. All this same sort of basket of one-off Zelda characters. Of course, he's always had some support...

I'm not against him or anything but it's just surprising coming back to Smashboards and seeing that much support.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Skull Kid is still a bit of a long shot, to be honest.

Zelda is known for having a bunch of great, highly requested characters, but they’re all one-shots. Most other franchises have a clear ‘next choice’ that most of the fanbase will rally behind; Zelda has everyone spread thin. Thus, there’s not much of a fanbase around any specific character. Add to that that people don’t tend to like just any Zelda rep just for being a Zelda rep, and things don’t look too good for any individual character.

The big thing is that Zelda’s not gotten a unique newcomer since Melee, which is something that neither DK, Metroid, nor Kirby can claim. All it got was a low-effort clone replacement - which was also obviously a last minute thing.

In addition, most of the one-offs that some people rally behind end up as assists rather than playables. Midna has been one of the big names, but also Ghirahim and now the Moon. And we’re still waiting to hear about Skull Kid and Tingle. Not to mention the four memorable Champions, who would be lucky to even share an assist.

I just feel that, even if Impa’s the only Zelda newcomer, people will be pretty salty about Zelda and it’s cloniness. At this point, Fire Emblem has more completely unique movesets than Zelda.

UserKev

Smash Champion
The amount of people who believe him even though he provided absolutely no evidence is astounding.

However, I have to admit. I'm involved in a few other gaming communities and Skull Kid doesn't even break people's lists on those sites. On Zelda Universe in particular, there were multiple thread pages of lists where he isn't even mentioned once. I have to wonder if Skull Kid is mostly a Smashboards phenomenon? He has always been pretty reasonably popular around here, even though it faltered a bit after his AT status, present-day SK support proves that he never really left the minds of most Smashboards members.

It appears to be all about Impa and Hilda on other boards. People seem adamant that Zelda isn't getting a new unique rep, and seem completely oblivious to the building blocks that are laid out on the floor for Skull Kid. Mind you, they are not concrete building blocks yet, but Skull Kid has hands down the most cogent line of events going for him than any other Zelda rep IMHO.
While this is unpleasant to hear, Skull Kid is still the default. Like, he's anonymously there. You can probably even say that the people on other boards are the people that may have lost hope as what Impa kind of represents as far as Zelda newcomers. Haha

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
^I think the thick of it is that he once predicted a Direct was arriving, but completely, and utterly bombed all of his predictions on its content... Which really hurts his credibility a lot since predicting a Direct isn't necessarily difficult, lol.

In other words; probably safe to say you can ignore him.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeah i hope this leakypandy guy is just wrong as usual… I don't want this to be true, sounds like a wasted oportunity if skull kid was indeed a boss, smh.

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Mind if I ask for specifics? Has he gotten Smash info wrong before?
I heard the only thing he has ever gotten right ever is the date of a direct. The contents of that direct and everything else he's ever leaked have been completely wrong though.

So basically he got a lucky guess on the release date of a direct and that's it.

Top Bottom