• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Even my hype is confused now. Haha I'm also gonna vote that we'll know Skull Kid's fate by exactly the next direct and we can finally put an end to this.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
If you want my opinion; we're about at the same place as where we started lmao. Text leaks can really only be taken with a grain of salt in the current year, imo.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I want Skull Kid playable, but if you forced me to decide who to believe, I'll go with LeakyPandy who at least has the decency to own up to his mistakes (unlike Vergaben and other Smash leakers) over anonymous 4Chan/GameFAQs text leakers any day of the week. I trust that he has legitimate sources and I find him more trustworthy than the Smash leakers.

The next direct or Smash direct should confirm this either way, but today had definitely made me lose hype for his chances.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I want Skull Kid playable, but if you forced me to decide who to believe, I'll go with LeakyPandy who at least has the decency to own up to his mistakes (unlike Vergaben and other Smash leakers) over anonymous 4Chan/GameFAQs text leakers any day of the week. I trust that he has legitimate sources and I find him more trustworthy than the Smash leakers.

The next direct or Smash direct should confirm this either way, but today had definitely made me lose hype for his chances.
What exactly have they gotten right so far? All I know is the disastrous Direct "leak" from March.

Potato_

Smash Lord
As a Skull Kid fan who's been watching both you guys and LoZ for a few weeks now, I wouldn't put too much stock into his claims, or at least wouldn't wait on his every word. He's blatantly trolling everyone with his Isaac stuff now, and it's clear that if he DOES have legitimate info still, it's not very concrete. This combined with the fact that he loves trolling people about this stuff (as shown by the discord stuff) it becomes too much of a hassle to separate what is real from what isn't. Even his statements on echoes seem like guesses and speculation. I really think he doesn't know too much more than us.

Also wouldn't put too much stock in that LeakyPandy guy either, but I will admit I don't know nearly as much about him as I do LoZ or Verge.

Also NintenRob NintenRob you can throw me up on the list as well. Skull Kid's been one of my biggest wants for a long time, and with Ridley already in he's definitely reached the top of the list.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
My mindset really hasn't budged about Skull Kid personally. I haven't been following the leaker mess, but I really think that we have enough cogent material to believe that Skull Kid COULD be playable even without the word of the leakers.

Just going to keep calm, because I'm pretty sure we're going to finally get our answer from the man himself in the next Direct, which could be as soon as sometime next month!

Last edited:

Poogers555

Smash Rookie
I wouldnt put much faith into this leaker guy. He is basically just Marcus Sellars but doesnt say things that are just so obviously fake. Only thing he ever truly got right was the March Direct, but even then it was just the date, all the content he said would appear didnt.

Recently he said 2 directs in August, but the whole thing was a **** show. He said no idea what first one was, then said a Nindies would be at the end, but then Nintendo UK released that video of Indies and he said that was the Nindies Direct he was talking about, but then the actual Indies Direct happened.

So all in all, even if he does have sources, the information seems to get lost in translation super hard.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Hey y'all, jumping over from the Isaac thread. If this Leaky Panda twitter account is correct (they seem more noble than other leakers but notability=/=accuracy), how would you feel about Skull Kid being a boss?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Hey y'all, jumping over from the Isaac thread. If this Leaky Panda twitter account is correct (they seem more noble than other leakers but notability=/=accuracy), how would you feel about Skull Kid being a boss?
Bad. He doesn't make any sense as a boss, considering he's never fought. The boss would make way more sense if it were Majora's Incarnation, or Majora's Wrath, neither of which would preclude Skull Kid from being playable.

It would be Ridley all over again, except that even though I was disappointed, Ridley at least made sense as a boss.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I guess I would be disappointed; but the roster is already so great and there's still so many good choices for characters. Here's the thing; even if I support a character; if they get confirmed I find excitement out of that cause that means rearranging my predictions and stuff like that. But I think no Skull Kid would be a loss, and he's definitely one of my favorite (likely) picks!

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
Bad. He doesn't make any sense as a boss, considering he's never fought. The boss would make way more sense if it were Majora's Incarnation, or Majora's Wrath, both of which would not preclude Skull Kid from being playable.

It would be Ridley all over again.
Actually, I could see Majora as a Story mode boss. Not Skull Kid himself. Example: Majora's Wrath.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Seeing the responses I agree that SK being a boss seems silly over Majora's Wrath being the boss. SK doesn't have the "too big" excuse Sakurai had for Ridley, so his exclusion this time around would be really strange imo.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Reminder to everyone that if you have more to say, edit your posts. Don't post two posts one after the other. It's the same as double posting.

UserKev

Smash Champion
It'd be underwhelming and bothersome because I'd want more Skull Kid. Once I pass his boss fight, that's the limit. He's not in the game anymore.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Of the very little footage we've seen so far, do y'all think the bosses in the game look better than previous Smash bosses? The same? Worse?

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
Of the very little footage we've seen so far, do y'all think the bosses in the game look better than previous Smash bosses? The same? Worse?
Oh yea, Dracula looks pretty sweet. Can't wait to see more bosses. They prob not stage bosses considering how the stages they are shown in are slightly different. I would love to see more bosses from series that didn't make the cut for smash as fighters. Like a Shovel Knight boss.

Last edited:

Smash Apprentice
Again, I'd rather not have him be in the game at all. That way he has a chance of being a DLC character with enough fan outcry. If he's a boss that pretty much kills his chances for Ultimate for good.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Again, I'd rather not have him be in the game at all. That way he has a chance of being a DLC character with enough fan outcry. If he's a boss that pretty much kills his chances for Ultimate for good.
Isaac fans believe that Isaac not appearing as an AT in Smash 4 might've helped his chances on the ballot, since people generally didn't believe an AT would be promoted to full character through DLC. If this is true, I agree with you it would be beneficial to SK to be absent from the game.

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
But why can't he be a dlc character? He does have a lot of fans. Sakurai even acknowledged that.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
A tad disappointed since I've recently grown fond of having Skull Kid as a playable fighter, even if I still need to finish that Moveset I promised I'd share eventually here. It'd probably end up being Ridley 2.0 where we'll have to wait for the next game to see him playable from boss to fighter...

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Not sure, I really want the health meter bosses had in Brawl to come back, the bosses in smash 4 really sucked IMO.

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
Not sure, I really want the health meter bosses had in Brawl to come back, the bosses in smash 4 really sucked IMO.
Totally agree. Reason why I hate the Smash 4 bosses is that they are in the stages. They ruin it. In a story mode, I am completely fine with it.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Forget about Skull kid being a boss already, leaky panda has gotten more wrong than verg and loz combined. Doesn't matter if he admits when he is wrong, that doesn't change the fact that he only got like one thing right and the rest absolutely wrong. If Skull kid is in not in as an AT, it's definitely gonna be as playable. I'm betting on it.

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
Forget about Skull kid being a boss already, leaky panda has gotten more wrong than verg and loz combined. Doesn't matter if he admits when he is wrong, that doesn't change the fact that he only got like one thing right and the rest absolutely wrong. If Skull kid is in not in as an AT, it's definitely gonna be as playable. I'm betting on it.
I think we are only discussing the concept of him being a boss. I don't see any wrong in discussing a possibility.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I think we are only discussing the concept of him being a boss. I don't see any wrong in discussing a possibility.
There's nothing wrong with the possiblity but I don't want people to believe it from someone with 0 credibility stating it as a fact. You're all free to talk about it lol i just refuse to believe it from someone like that. :ness:

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
There's nothing wrong with the possiblity but I don't want people to believe it from someone with 0 credibility stating it as a fact. You're all free to talk about it lol i just refuse to believe it from someone like that. :ness:
Ah sorry, I misunderstood. It just seemed like you didn't want us to talk about the possibility of Skull Kid being a boss when you said "Forget about Skull Kid being a boss already." I apologize.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I really want this thread to go back to its glory, to. Suddenly since the leaks, it hasn't been the same. Hahaha

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
I honestly picture Calamity Ganon to be a boss over Skull Kid. I would be devastated if Skull Kid turns out to not be a playable character. I'm hoping he is revealed soon, as I would rather deal with the pain now if he turns out to not be playable and be able to recover in time for launch lol

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
I honestly picture Calamity Ganon to be a boss over Skull Kid. I would be devastated if Skull Kid turns out to not be a playable character. I'm hoping he is revealed soon, as I would rather deal with the pain now if he turns out to not be playable and be able to recover in time for launch lol
Eh, Calamity is not the most creative Zelda villain. But Skull Kid can still be a fighter while Majora's Wrath is a boss. Demise or Vaati could work as well (I would prefer Vaati over Demise).

Last edited:
Eh, Calamity is not the most creative Zelda villain. But Skull Kid can still be a fighter while Majora's Wrath is a boss. Demise or Vaati could work as well (I would prefer Vaati over Demise).
Puppet Ganon from Wind Waker could be a good one too or any 'Beast form' of Ganon for that matter. We don't know for sure but i got the feeling that bosses will be mostly huge monsters/machines. Maybe because that was the case in Subspace Emissary... i guess we'll be able to confirm some of our guesses when the new Solo mode is revealed (hopefully in the next direct).

Dr Bones

Smash Cadet
At this point leaks to me are only for retrospect. until I see a full screen of gameplay of Skull Kid punching K Rool or Daisy, nothing is certain.

Smash Apprentice
Demise and Vaati are no longer relevant (Rip Vaati, so underappreciated but the fact that we didn't even see him in Hyrule Warriors means I don't think Nintendo will ever bother with him again. Shame.)

Also I don't really see how Skull Kid could fight Majora's Wrath while wearing Majora's Mask... the point of bosses is that you can fight them with every character. Unless we're doing an episodic story where you only have certain characters available to fight a boss... but you could always go back and replay it so...

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Blade of Evil's Bane Blade of Evil's Bane I kinda wish Link was able to do that on your signature's far right gif in BoTW lol, sorry random comment.

Demise and Vaati are no longer relevant (Rip Vaati, so underappreciated but the fact that we didn't even see him in Hyrule Warriors means I don't think Nintendo will ever bother with him again. Shame.)

Also I don't really see how Skull Kid could fight Majora's Wrath while wearing Majora's Mask... the point of bosses is that you can fight them with every character. Unless we're doing an episodic story where you only have certain characters available to fight a boss... but you could always go back and replay it so...
Mmmm if we ignored relevancy… Hell even Zant would be a fun boss (he can be big canon-wise too), just apply the stage morph thing to the fight and he is literally the Zant boss from TP, teleporting you to different stages. Vaati should finally get some screentime too imo. I think those two are great bosses ideas.

Mmmm if we ignored relevancy… Hell even Zant would be a fun boss (he can be big canon-wise too), just apply the stage morph thing to the fight and he is literally the Zant boss from TP, teleporting you to different stages. Vaati should finally get some screentime too imo. I think those two are great bosses ideas.
Zant would be cool indeed. Ignoring relevancy, Aghanim (LttP) would give the opportunity for an iconic energy ball tennis game! But more on the MM theme, what about these guys? (i mean not all at the same time... but you know, one of them )

Majoras_Mask_Bosses.png

Blade of Evil's Bane Blade of Evil's Bane I kinda wish Link was able to do that on your signature's far right gif in BoTW lol, sorry random comment.
No prob for the randomness, would be great! (tbf A****aka in Princess Mononoke got his arm cursed by a demon, so while having superhuman strenght he was also banished from his village for that... kind of a double-edge sword. You should watch this movie if you haven't, it's from studio ghibli, the ost is amazing too. The japanese mythos is very prominent in the movie as in BotW).

Edit: Funny that part of A****aka's name was censored :)

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Odolwa would be my pick from those, could see him as a boss before fighting Skull Kid himself.

I definitely want to see Ganon (OoT) as a boss in some form however, or even Toon Ganondorf (you can't tell me this wouldn't be an awesome fight).

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
No prob for the randomness, would be great! (tbf A****aka in Princess Mononoke got his arm cursed by a demon, so while having superhuman strenght he was also banished from his village for that... kind of a double-edge sword. You should watch this movie if you haven't, it's from studio ghibli, the ost is amazing too. The japanese mythos is very prominent in the movie as in BotW).

Edit: Funny that part of A****aka's name was censored :)
Oh yeah i have the original DVD and everything. I've also seen studio ghibli mock-up fanarts for BotW that are pretty neat. Hell I got the princess mononoke vibe when i saw the spirit mount in the game… I swear it was a total reference to it! lol

Top Bottom