• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
You know, it's a shame Toon Link wasn't in the demo. They share the same voice actress so if Toon Link got new clips, it could give us a hint of Skull Kids role

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
Yo, here to give whatever support I can. Always loved Majora's Mask; it's what got me into Zelda in the first place. There's just something about his design that really appeals to me. It's so Halloween-esque. Like, I could imagine Skull Kid hanging around Jack Skellington. I really want to play as that creepy little imp.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Skull Kid is one of those characters that I would really want in Smash, but if he doesn't make it I'm not going to be too disappointed because I can't really expect him to get in.

If only we could get Zelda characters that weren't just alternate versions of the 3 triforce holders

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
If he does get in I hope he gets the skull mask (Think that’s the name) as an alt, maybe he could switch between them like Cloud does with his alts 4 of the Majora's 4 of the Skull’s

The mask you give the skull kid in OOT

Can’t remember if he had it as an alt in HWL

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Direct incoming, they'll likely show a lot of assist trophies, here's hoping we survive this one

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
If Skull Kid, my third most wanted newcomer, gets confirmed on Wednesday, I won't be able to celebrate because my plane lands in Toronto right after the scheduled time for the direct... I guess I'll just watch it at the airport since my flight connects all the way to Arizona, from where I won't be able to communicate up until the 14th... so if I pop up a week later to celebrate don't mind me...

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Majora's mask is my favorite Zelda game, so I definitely support this guy. His chances are unlikely, but I hope he makes it in

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Skull Kid is my most wanted newcomer by far. It's been said ad nauseam but Zelda is full of one-off villains it'll be great if we got a new inclusion that is not a clone and a fan favorite at that.

Hope we get a confirmation of his status tomorrow. If he's shown as an AT then at least we won't have to speculate for 4 more months.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Man it break my heart if Skull Kid reveal as assist trophy I grown and like the little troll.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
The Moon itself is an assist trophy named 'Moon' now.

Two explanations come to mind:
  1. The designers have some idea other than CRASHING THE MOON for a Skull Kid assist trophy that they love so much they didn't even put Skull Kid anywhere in the graphic for Moon.
  2. (Far more likely, in my opinion) Skull Kid is playable.

slambros

Smash Ace
Yeah, having Skull Kid be absent from that 'Moon' assist trophy is pretty fishy in my opinion.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
But if Skull Kids final smash isn't the moon, what is it??????

Unless!!!!!

MAJORA'S WRATH!!!!

Something fishy is definitely going on!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The Moon being a solo Assist Trophy is a very ****ing good sign for Skull Kid.

Unless Skull Kid happens to be a background character for a hypothetical Clock Town stage, I am very sure Skull Kid is playable.

Good thing I called this a while ago.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
The Moon itself is an assist trophy named 'Moon' now.

Two explanations come to mind:
  1. The designers have some idea other than CRASHING THE MOON for a Skull Kid assist trophy that they love so much they didn't even put Skull Kid anywhere in the graphic for Moon.
  2. (Far more likely, in my opinion) Skull Kid is playable.
I'm not sure it really means much either way. Skull Kid already existed as an AT before so if he remains an AT I'd assume they'd still choose not to have 2 of him on the stage. He's still possible and has definitely kept out of the spotlight for a while now, but I don't really think we can read this as any kind of push towards playability. In fact, with such an obvious Final Smash used as an AT instead I'm more worried that he's not playable after seeing 'Moon'.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
This is almost confirmed. Why get the moon w/o Skull Kid?

Also, the moon could still be a Final Smash. If Rathalos teaches us anything, it’s that.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I really hope we get more characters than the ones shown in the Direct. I'm REALLY hoping the Moon Assist Trophy doesn't deconfirm Skull Kid.

D

Deleted member

I see everybody had the same thought i did, this can only be a good thing for Skull Kid!

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I'm not sure it really means much either way. Skull Kid already existed as an AT before so if he remains an AT I'd assume they'd still choose not to have 2 of him on the stage. He's still possible and has definitely kept out of the spotlight for a while now, but I don't really think we can read this as any kind of push towards playability. In fact, with such an obvious Final Smash used as an AT instead I'm more worried that he's not playable after seeing 'Moon'.
But why keep the lame Skull Kid assist trophy instead of having him be the one to summon the moon?

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
But why keep the lame Skull Kid assist trophy instead of having him be the one to summon the moon?
To not waste the work already done on his AT? To keep one of the more unique ATs still around? Because they'd already ported the AT over with the others and figured they could then do something with the Moon after they finished that? We saw today with Ashley that the mere fact that we haven't seen them yet doesn't mean much, and considering Ashley was only in 1 shot there's still plenty of wiggle room for him to have simply been lucky to not be shown yet.

I just don't think we should be getting super excited over this when we still haven't seen the old Skull Kid AT.

IMO the better news is that the Ramblin' Evil Mushroom AT takes over something that used to be Skull Kid exclusive - swapping controls.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
My list didn't exhaust the possibilities. I merely think the direct is evidence for Skull Kid being playable.

UserKev

Smash Champion
The Moon being a solo Assist Trophy is a very ****ing good sign for Skull Kid.

Unless Skull Kid happens to be a background character for a hypothetical Clock Town stage, I am very sure Skull Kid is playable.

Good thing I called this a while ago.
It make incredible sense. Zelda hasn't had an legitimate newcomer since Brawl.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
With all three of Ridley, Dark Samus and K. Rool confirmed, and so early too, Skull Kid is the character I'll primarily be in support of now. I've always considered him fairly unlikely, so I've been a bit hesitant to really hope for him, but that Moon AT and the focus on adding characters who have been popular for a long time bodes well for him. I'm not ready to say I'm sure he's going to be in, but I feel like it's looking more likely than ever.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
My god, with all this, Skull Kid's chances have risen quite a lot. Zelda deserves a newcomer that doesn't just represent the Triforce.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I've always loved Skull Kid but it never seemed too likely he would make it in. Zelda also desperately needs a new rep, I hope he can get in.

But if not I wouldn't be surprised.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
This direct made me jump into Skull Kid's hype ship. Given that he was nowhere to be found in the AT presentation and that now we have another Majora's Mask AT, I think that it's very possible that he may be finally a new Zelda fighter. Zelda is quite underrepresented if we have into consideration that half of its characters are Link in different incarnations, so a new Zelda fighter is possible and the one with the highest chances at this point is Skull Kid... or Tingle.......

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
My hope is Skull Kid's Final Smash is Majora's True Form. I mean it makes sense; Ganondorf's Final Smash is Ganon.

Termina

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone! This is my first post. I created an account just to share this with you all.

There's a post floating around on Reddit right now about the colors of the chairs behind Mr. Sakurai and how they pertain to Waluigi being hinted at. After today's direct, however, I have a different theory.

As much of you are mentioning:

1. Rambling Evil Mushroom took one of Skull Kid's AT functions.
2. The new Moon AT appears, really suspiciously, without Skull Kid.
3. Skull Kid's trophy is still nowhere to be seen. We saw a similar situation with Dark Samus.
4. A few LoZ tracks were accounted for, but missing from the music list Sakurai demonstrated today. Three tracks, to be exact:
https://imgur.com/6XB4b9L

5. Finally, the colors of the furniture behind Sakurai matches Skull Kid's palette (green, yellow, purple, red, brown), not Waluigi's:
https://imgur.com/S7JjKSK

This isn't 100% confirmation. But the coincidences are certainly compelling.

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
May I also add, that I think there is a reason they're hiding Young Link's final smash, It's because it's fierce deity link, and they will reveal it in a Skull Kid trailer, and they could also reveal a MM alt skin for young link with his sword and shield and MM gear.

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman

Time will tell

You know I could see fierce deity link being a newcomer wired I know
As much as I would like Fierce deity as a newcomer, Link already has that alt color, and I feel like they would take it out if he was gonna be playable similar to what they did with Samus's Dark Samus alt.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
As much as I would like Fierce deity as a newcomer, Link already has that alt color, and I feel like they would take it out if he was gonna be playable similar to what they did with Samus's Dark Samus alt.
Good point forgot about a that

Let’s be real though that’s really just link with face paint. That alt got a downgrade.

But I mean seven foot tall link in white with a two handed sword seem different enough from the Link in face paint alt in gray

Last edited:

Termina

Smash Rookie
This one's definitely a stretch, but also just realized this direct was announced three days before it happened...

Three. Hehehehehe.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Good point forgot about a that

Let’s be real though that’s really just link with face paint. That alt got a downgrade.

But I mean seven foot tall link in white with a two handed sword seem different enough from the Link in face paint alt in gray
It really did get a downgrade.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Really, I'll take any Zelda newcomer at this point, but I can totally get behind Skull Kid. Add him and an Impa echo? I'd be over the moon (hehehe).

Skull Kid survived the second assist trophy massacre so there's definitely hope.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I'm iffy on his chances. Heck he's not even officially in my prediction roster (grouped in with miscellaneous retros) but I will say there have been very convincing points made, even though I took the moon as a disconfirmation at first. Count me into support; K Rool and Ridley have shown how Smash benifits from insane villains!

And if not in base game; I've always liked the idea of a Villain based DLC pack with the likes of Porky Minch and Marx.

Top Bottom