• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm kind of pissed because I've only ever lost 2 games

And those game just happen to be Majora's Mask 3D and Kirby's Superstar Ultra. 2 remakes of 2 of my favorite games

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I knew I could rewind time, but back then, the timer put so much pressure on me that I quit at some point. lol
I had that problem in the Stone Temple (though I did come back to it and beat it eventually), and it's a big reason why I stopped playing Dead Rising 2. I'm not a huge fan of games having an overall time-limit; it's why I prefer Pikmin 2 and 3 over the original.

It helps that there's a secret song that will slow down the timer significantly. I'm pretty sure that you play the Song of Time backwards to do that.

Last edited:

AquaSol

Smash Apprentice
http://vgtribune.com/smash-poll-2012-finals/

Not sure if this was mentioned in the OP, but does anyone else remember this? VG Tribune held a poll before SSB4 that got hundreds of thousands of votes, and Skull Kid was #1. The entire process was vetted, and IP spoofing was more or less stopped. RogersBase was in charge of managing it, and he ended up tweeting the results to Sakurai. It could be somewhat significant.

Edit: If for some reason the link doesn’t work, Skull Kid got about 135,000 votes. It was more than Mega Man, who was a close #2.

Last edited:

Eagle

Smash Lord
Majora's Mask is easily my favorite Zelda so please add me to the support list.

In terms of how Skull Kid could play, I'd love him to be designed as a trickster/mind gamer. It would take some creative liberty I guess, but I can imagine him summoning puppets and jumping between them constantly making Skull Kid annoying to deal with but being able to punish him extremely well if you can read his movement.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
http://vgtribune.com/smash-poll-2012-finals/

Not sure if this was mentioned in the OP, but does anyone else remember this? VG Tribune held a poll before SSB4 that got hundreds of thousands of votes, and Skull Kid was #1. The entire process was vetted, and IP spoofing was more or less stopped. RogersBase was in charge of managing it, and he ended up tweeting the results to Sakurai. It could be somewhat significant.

Edit: If for some reason the link doesn’t work, Skull Kid got about 135,000 votes. It was more than Mega Man, who was a close #2.
This is actually very interesting. KKR kinda blew up outta nowhere

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
This is actually very interesting. KKR kinda blew up outta nowhere
Well DK had a resurgence, he was a very 'nothing' franchise for a while (after Rare's purchase) and so that brought DK (and his series) back into the spotlight. Suddenly people were clamouring for more DK and also more DK representatives in Smash. K. Rool was already leading the popularity for that (and since people also noticed less villains coming in) so he picked up that attention.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Well DK had a resurgence, he was a very 'nothing' franchise for a while (after Rare's purchase) and so that brought DK (and his series) back into the spotlight. Suddenly people were clamouring for more DK and also more DK representatives in Smash. K. Rool was already leading the popularity for that (and since people also noticed less villains coming in) so he picked up that attention.
I guess that makes sense but it seems odd KKR, the one character not to come back, was the one that benefit the most from it.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
oh yeah, Throw me on the support list. Skull kid is my number two most wanted after bandana dee! :) More representation for the best Zelda game!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
oh yeah, Throw me on the support list. Skull kid is my number two most wanted after bandana dee! :) More representation for the best Zelda game!
Heh, you and me have the same two most wanted, only reversed, Skull Kid is my most wanted while Bandana Dee is number 2

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I guess that makes sense but it seems odd KKR, the one character not to come back, was the one that benefit the most from it.
Being a notable absence perhaps?

Either way, he had a decent following as both a possible DK choice and a 'classic villain' of Nintendo beforehand (demonstrated by his presence on the poll), and managed to scoop up some of that new enthusiasm.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Being a notable absence perhaps?

Either way, he had a decent following as both a possible DK choice and a 'classic villain' of Nintendo beforehand (demonstrated by his presence on the poll), and managed to scoop up some of that new enthusiasm.
Makes sense. It's weird I recall Skull Kid being popular, but never THAT popular. Must've been right around the time of the Majora's Mask remake

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
The Zelda series is one of my favorites, and I feel like just having the three characters(yes i know theres more, but they all represent the same sort of thing) who posses the triforce just feels unfitting, you can add me to the support list

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Adding to the support list is going to be differicult for a while, I recently moved and the internet isn't as good. And Smashboards hates bad internet.

I'll try and get around to it, but I'll wait until Wi-Fi is back up

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I thought I'd be here earlier, but apparently it was back in Smash 4's supporter thread, hehe.

After watching Let's Plays of Majora's Mask, aka my favourite Zelda title to date, I still find myself really wanting Skull Kid on the roster.
Sign me, yet again up for the supporter thread ~

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I had a theory a while ago.

I've wondered why some characters' FS haven't been showcased yet. Characters like Diddy, Robin, and Young Link.

Young Link is the strangest for me because they could of easily showcased some sort of Triforce Slash like Link used to have and Toon Link still has. But nothing has been shown.

Now, Majora's Mask 3D was released around the time Sakurai would of finished his roster document. And Skull Kid has not been seen yet as an AT in any demo, image, video, etc.

I theorize Young Link has Oni Link in some way as his FS, and Skull Kid could potentially make the roster as a fighter.

All this right now is just my own brain scrambling for news in this drought. But, I'm hoping with Ridley's inclusion we finally get more villains this time around, and honestly Skull Kid would make sense to pair up with Young Link coming back. We also got Great Bay coming back, so we know Majora's Mask is being a little more heavily represented in Ultimate.

But I think we'll need more news on fighters to see if any of it will come true, since we have no idea what direction Sakurai is going with new fighters.

Eagle

Smash Lord
I theorize Young Link has Oni Link in some way as his FS, and Skull Kid could potentially make the roster as a fighter.
I'd love for this to be true, but what if they go the Hyrule Warriors route and have Skull Kid as apart of Young Link's FS, summoning the moon which Fierce Deity cuts in half?

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I'd love for this to be true, but what if they go the Hyrule Warriors route and have Skull Kid as apart of Young Link's FS, summoning the moon which Fierce Deity cuts in half?
It sounds so plausible unfortunately. It might also explain his absence from ATs.

D

Deleted member

Just popping by to say that aside from another Kirby character, the lad i want most is Skull Kid. he's the most unique and most intriguing character that comes to mind from the Zelda series and has been a favorite of mine forever. he has a lot of personality and moveset potential that could shine bright in smash, i've had a lot of ideas of how he could work, and i hope to see it all come to fruition in Ultimate.

I feel he has a really good shot this time around, especially considering we haven't seen his assist and he was the second one added in Smash 4 only after Waluigi, at least indicated by his sound files in the sound menu.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I am really surprised Skull Kid isn't more supported on this board due to Majora being the second biggest villain in Zelda and having great moveset potential. I feel like Zelda representation is lacking even though they have six characters, 3 of them are different Links, 2 are Zelda's (granted they are also different Zelda's), and a semi clone Ganondorf. This is a series with a whole bunch of different fantasy races like the Gorons, Gerudo, Zora, Deku and great characters like Skull Kid and Midna. I think one of the issues is that Zelda characters often appear one game, which makes it harder to represent the franchise in Smash.

Impa I thinks is going to make it in as an echo, which leaves room for an original Zelda character like Skull Kid.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am really surprised Skull Kid isn't more supported on this board due to Majora being the second biggest villain in Zelda and having great moveset potential. I feel like Zelda representation is lacking even though they have six characters, 3 of them are different Links, 2 are Zelda's (granted they are also different Zelda's), and a semi clone Ganondorf. This is a series with a whole bunch of different fantasy races like the Gorons, Gerudo, Zora, Deku and great characters like Skull Kid and Midna. I think one of the issues is that Zelda characters often appear one game, which makes it harder to represent the franchise in Smash.

Impa I thinks is going to make it in as an echo, which leaves room for an original Zelda character like Skull Kid.
It's just because not a lot of people think he has a chance.

These days it's all about supporting characters based on what arbitrary chance they have to get in the game

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I think the issue with Zelda reps is that people get too caught up in the continuity. There's characters and references made in every game but it should start being treated for what it is: A series that resets every game. Pokemon gets reps for whatever generation is compatible, so did FE. Mario has started picking recent additions to the cast. People want the Mother series to be completely repped and everyone considers a new Xenoblade character to represent one of the new games depending on their opinion on the timeline.

Zelda doesn't get this because those that made it in already were obvious (or a side effect as per Shiek). After the trio it's less obvious (depending on interetation of Impa) but that's because the series resets every new game and it's not being treated as such because the new characters are obviously not as major as the only things that follow over: The Triforce Trio.

Last edited:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I've also thought this could be a possibility, like how since we haven't seen Diddy's Final yet, I can see Dixie being a part of it. We have Ness, Lucas, Megaman, and Shulk to thank for adding new characters to their FS.

Zelda doesn't get this because those that made it in already were obvious (or a side effect as per Shiek). After the trio it's less obvious (depending on interetation of Impa) but that's because the series resets every new game and it's not being treated as such because the new characters are obviously not as major as the only things that follow over: The Triforce Trio.
This. So much this. It's hard to have a new character to rep the series when most, if not all reps, show up for one game and then leave.

That's why I always thought Vaati would be an excellent choice because he's the only other villain besides Ganon/dorf to show up in more than one Zelda game.

As far as single use villains though, Skull Kid should top that list. MM is too good.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Updated the first post with the following supporters. Be sure to let me know if I've missed anyone or I've included someone I shouldn't have.
Demonfunds
Crap-Zapper
TheDarkMetaKnight
Xevious 1
Lisbon Mapping
SkullKidKing

I'm thinking I'm going to change the poll soon. Children of the moon has quite a lead (although I don't think many people cared enough to vote)

Anyone have any suggestions? Or am I just better off leaving it with no poll?

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Majora's Mask is one of my fave Zelda games and Skull Kid is one of the most memorable characters from the whole franchise imo so I'd love to have him in Smash. He has my support. I made these for our masked trickster

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Majora's Mask is one of my fave Zelda games and Skull Kid is one of the most memorable characters from the whole franchise imo so I'd love to have him in Smash. He has my support. I made these for our masked trickster
Those look pretty good, great job! That Stock Icon looks weird though.

Very curious to how they'll handle his if he does get in. The Mask has a lot of detail on it. Maybe they'll just have the mask shape with one bold colour.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Those look pretty good, great job! That Stock Icon looks weird though.

Very curious to how they'll handle his if he does get in. The Mask has a lot of detail on it. Maybe they'll just have the mask shape with one bold colour.
I reckon they'll just do the purple red and yellow of the mask, with the yellow eyes potentially being left out.

Basically just the purple 'heart shape', red 'face' and all the horns in yellow. They can choose to exclude or include the yellow eyes since some still include them (Falcon, Kirby, Meta Knight, R.O.B., Sonic)

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I reckon they'll just do the purple red and yellow of the mask, with the yellow eyes potentially being left out.

Basically just the purple 'heart shape', red 'face' and all the horns in yellow. They can choose to exclude or include the yellow eyes since some still include them (Falcon, Kirby, Meta Knight, R.O.B., Sonic)
Actually, looking at the stock Icon thread because this talk made me curious, splat splat did a good job imo. Very recognizably the mask while stick matching with the style of the other icons, probably one of the best icons from that topic. I even have it in my signature now to show my support alongside Bandana Dee

These are actually really good and pretty what I expect now. I could maybe see some of the Skull Kids hat making it in similar to his head icon from Warriors but I'm more expecting just the Mask as depicted

UserKev

Smash Champion
I guess I'm interested in Skull Kid now. I don't know. He can definitely replace Ghirahim for me. Things I must have out of Skull Kid, that infamous backflip he does in OoT, fast high jumps and moon fall final Smash.

Top Bottom