• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Skull kids results came in for the rate their chances thread

11.39% in chance and 72% in Want.

That want score puts him in the top 5 of first party characters. Not sure who's beating him but I'm assuming he's top actually top 4 since Midna also got top 5

https://smashboards.com/threads/rat...-lip-mach-rider.453357/page-688#post-24040209
iirc Dixie's number 1 and Bandana Dee and Isaac and the other 2. But number 4 is pretty freaking great, and not many characters crack 70%. A pleasant surprise to be sure.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
iirc Dixie's number 1 and Bandana Dee and Isaac and the other 2. But number 4 is pretty freaking great, and not many characters crack 70%. A pleasant surprise to be sure.
Ugh, I feel so ashamed. I figured Dixie and Isaac were above him but Bandana Dee didn't even occur to me despite being my other most wanted. Waluigi was who my mind drifted to.

Regardless, pretty happy about these want scores and I hope they manage to hold on to it going forward

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Hrmmm…, for no reason in particular, I suddenly wonder how Skull Kid would look in the BOW art style.
Well we've got two opportunities in the future to find.

Regarding age of calamity, I highly doubt he'll be in the base game, this game seems a lot more focused than the original Hyrule Warriors, and I think it's going to be canon too. But if DLC is more fan servicy than maybe we'll see Skull Kid there, maybe he'll have a moveset inspired by Symphony of the Mask this time

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well we've got two opportunities in the future to find.

Regarding age of calamity, I highly doubt he'll be in the base game, this game seems a lot more focused than the original Hyrule Warriors, and I think it's going to be canon too. But if DLC is more fan servicy than maybe we'll see Skull Kid there, maybe he'll have a moveset inspired by Symphony of the Mask this time
well so long as theyre outside the main story, like many characters in the first one, we should be able to have some characters that wont affect the canon

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
so cadence of hyrule got its last dlc update today, and i plan to stream my blind reaction to it after i finish Mario Galaxy

here's my twitch channel

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Took me a while to find the time, but I'm finally going to play Cadence of Hyrule. I'll be playing the main game first so no Skull Kid DLC yet but it's definitely on the list.

You can come join me you'd like. I'm about start and I'd appreciate the support and company.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So I learned you can unlock Skull Kid pretty early on and use him in the main adventure. And he's way better than other characters thanks to his skull mask and deku hiding. I've decided to use for the vast majority of the game

Lenidem

Smash Lord
There's a new poll going around and Skull Kid is actually doing pretty well in it. It's got a unique voting system that shows people are still interested in him.

That's a nice poll system. I'm actually surprised to see Skull Kid that high: so far he's in fourteenth position, even before Isaac.

Edit.

I voted for :

• Rayman
  • Skull Kid
  • Isaac
  • Bomberman
  • Dixie Kong
  • Captain Toad
  • Lara Croft
  • Krystal
  • Professor E. Gadd
  • Toad
  • Tetra
  • Joanna Dark
  • Tingle
  • Deathborn

Now, to be fair, I could also vote for a few others, like Crash or Waluigi, or someone from Resident Evil.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
While I Pig Ganon is my most wanted Zelda rep, I still also want Skull Kid and Impa. Let's say if Impa or one of the Champions from Breath of the Wild make it in as DLC in Smash instead of Skull Kid, that would still be a win for us as we would have the first non Triforce welder rep if it's not BOTW Zelda. I just hope we get a Zelda newcomer in Ultimate aside from BOTW Zelda because we don't need another Zelda since we already have 2.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
While I Pig Ganon is my most wanted Zelda rep, I still also want Skull Kid and Impa. Let's say if Impa or one of the Champions from Breath of the Wild make it in as DLC in Smash instead of Skull Kid, that would still be a win for us as we would have the first non Triforce welder rep if it's not BOTW Zelda. I just hope we get a Zelda newcomer in Ultimate aside from BOTW Zelda because we don't need another Zelda since we already have 2.
I'm kinda not on board with this "we need a non-Triforce wielder rep". Zelda and Young and Toon Link only use it for their final Smash, so it's not like it has a lot of impact on the character. You could also argue that Ganondorf uses the Triforce of Power to turn into Ganon in Ocarina, but it's not shown in Smash. Besides, for someone who wouldn't know who Sheik is, it's almost impossible to make the connection with Zelda. So as much as I want Skull Kid, I would also be more than ok with Tetra, who would look and play very differently from both Zelda and Sheik.

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
That's a nice poll system. I'm actually surprised to see Skull Kid that high: so far he's in fourteenth position, even before Isaac.

Edit.

I voted for :

• Rayman
  • Skull Kid
  • Isaac
  • Bomberman
  • Dixie Kong
  • Captain Toad
  • Lara Croft
  • Krystal
  • Professor E. Gadd
  • Toad
  • Tetra
  • Joanna Dark
  • Tingle
  • Deathborn

Now, to be fair, I could also vote for a few others, like Crash or Waluigi, or someone from Resident Evil.
Yes, I am amazed how many characters from Zelda are on the top (skull kid, Impa, wolf link and midna, lana) this only confirms how the community really wants a different character from the franchise.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Gonna play more Cadence of Hyrule woot woot

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Gotta share Schaffrillas video on it that released today. I echo many of the same sentiments, and i like his look on bottles.

I'm not American so this particularly anniversary doesn't mean much to me. But always appreciate the chance to talk about this game

Last edited:

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
I support.

Majora's Mask is in my top 3 Zelda games (alongside Breath of the Wild and Twilight Princess). It is an amazing game. The way everyone lives what they believe is their last three days is different: some seek shelter, some deny the moon is falling, and some stay with their loved ones. The Anju and Kafei quest the best quest in all of gaming in my opinion, and the end of it gets me everytime.

Let's not forget the stories of the Deku Butler's son, Darmani, and Miku. As well as the quests and side quests of restoring peace to the wandering souls of Ikana, Pamela's father, the final day postman, Kafei's mother, and many other side quests.

And the Skull Kid himself. An imp who felt betrayed by the only friends he ever had. This is what drove him to darkness and evil.

And lastly, the final words spoken by the Happy Mask Salesman at the end:

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time... That is up to you."

The game has such beautiful storytelling. I hope Breath of the Wild 2 follows in its footsteps.

Anyway, it would be amazing for Skull Kid to be playable. Nintendo knows his popularity (Hyrule Warriors, A Link Between Worlds Majora's Mask cameo, and Cadence of Hyrule). Let's not let his parting be forever.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Damn... I remember my best friend in those days trying to do something cliché and dramatic: that morning, just before school began, he arrived at the playground running (I suspect that he only ran the last dozen of meters) crying "I got it! I got it!" and pretended to catch his breath for a minute or two before clarifying: "I got Zelda: Majora's Mask!" I thought this scene was so ridiculous that I didn't even question him about the game. In fact, I didn't want to know anything about it before I could play it myself. I didn't event know how you were going to take off the Deku Mask and didn't want him to tell me, but he yelled "It's the Happy Mask Salesman who takes it off from you!"

Yeah, he was not a great friend...

Back to this game, it's kinda funny that my first reaction to it was disappointment. I was such a big fan of Ocarina of Time that I wanted something like an Ocarina 2, but Majora was so different. It grew on my slowly. Actually, it's only later that I understood how good a choice it was to take such a different approach. I fully realized it when Twilight Princess came out. This was not a bad game at all, and it's certainly not the worst Zelda, but it's one of the most uninspired and uninnovative. Its only purpose was to be another Ocarina of Time, and it's mostly just that: a sequel who just makes things bigger, add a few good ideas and several bad ones, and calls it a day. By comparison, Majora took a lot of risks (partly because it had to), and that's something I really appreciate.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Damn... I remember my best friend in those days trying to do something cliché and dramatic: that morning, just before school began, he arrived at the playground running (I suspect that he only ran the last dozen of meters) crying "I got it! I got it!" and pretended to catch his breath for a minute or two before clarifying: "I got Zelda: Majora's Mask!" I thought this scene was so ridiculous that I didn't even question him about the game. In fact, I didn't want to know anything about it before I could play it myself. I didn't event know how you were going to take off the Deku Mask and didn't want him to tell me, but he yelled "It's the Happy Mask Salesman who takes it off from you!"

Yeah, he was not a great friend...

Back to this game, it's kinda funny that my first reaction to it was disappointment. I was such a big fan of Ocarina of Time that I wanted something like an Ocarina 2, but Majora was so different. It grew on my slowly. Actually, it's only later that I understood how good a choice it was to take such a different approach. I fully realized it when Twilight Princess came out. This was not a bad game at all, and it's certainly not the worst Zelda, but it's one of the most uninspired and uninnovative. Its only purpose was to be another Ocarina of Time, and it's mostly just that: a sequel who just makes things bigger, add a few good ideas and several bad ones, and calls it a day. By comparison, Majora took a lot of risks (partly because it had to), and that's something I really appreciate.
just cause of the spoilers or were there other thing?

i only remember having positive feelings towards it back then. though i did think you only had 3 real life days to complete it (in my defence i was 9)

Lenidem

Smash Lord
just cause of the spoilers or were there other thing?

i only remember having positive feelings towards it back then. though i did think you only had 3 real life days to complete it (in my defence i was 9)
He was not a good friend at all for plenty of reasons. The spoiler by itself is pretty futile: we were only thirteen. But as we grew up he did some serious stuff that I'm not going to tell here.

Personnally, I was kinda disappointed by the fact that there were only four dungeons, and that the quest felt more intimate, less epic than in Ocarina - which is exactly the reason why I love Majora so much nowadays.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
He was not a good friend at all for plenty of reasons. The spoiler by itself is pretty futile: we were only thirteen. But as we grew up he did some serious stuff that I'm not going to tell here.

Personnally, I was kinda disappointed by the fact that there were only four dungeons, and that the quest felt more intimate, less epic than in Ocarina - which is exactly the reason why I love Majora so much nowadays.
that is more than fair. ive dropped the ball with spoilers with my friends a lot.

i took us so long just to get through those four dungeons. i think we ended up doing stone tower before great bay

Lenidem

Smash Lord
that is more than fair. ive dropped the ball with spoilers with my friends a lot.

i took us so long just to get through those four dungeons. i think we ended up doing stone tower before great bay
That's wierd! Did you have a lot of game-over?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That's wierd! Did you have a lot of game-over?
I don’t remember, I think we just had problems solving puzzles back then

or we were playing a lot of other things as well we restarted super Mario 64 and banjo kazooie a lot

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sephiroth broke a fan rule and is an iconic villain from the same era of Skull Kid.

I reckon he only means good things for Skull Kid. At the very least shows villains can be DLC
Skull Kid still has the Assist Trophy barrier blocking his path. But I'm pretty sure that fan rule is going to die in this game probably by the Wah.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Skull Kid still has the Assist Trophy barrier blocking his path. But I'm pretty sure that fan rule is going to die in this game probably by the Wah.
I think it could be broken, but I actually don't think it will be Waluigi to do it.

I think more likely are

Zero
Alucard
Isaac
And maybe Shovel Knight?

I just don't think Waluigi really offers enough for a full pass, his most iconic song is already in Smash and we have loads of Mario stages and songs.

Even Skull Kid has more as he could offer us more Majora's Mask music which we lack, we even lack it most iconic location (though we do have Great Bay)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think it could be broken, but I actually don't think it will be Waluigi to do it.

I think more likely are

Zero
Alucard
Isaac
And maybe Shovel Knight?

I just don't think Waluigi really offers enough for a full pass, his most iconic song is already in Smash and we have loads of Mario stages and songs.

Even Skull Kid has more as he could offer us more Majora's Mask music which we lack, we even lack it most iconic location (though we do have Great Bay)
I'm real surprised you think Zero or Alucard has a better shot than Waluigi. While Zero is my 2nd most wanted Assist Trophy promotion behind Krystal, I don't see him being likely at all for this game as I think the next secondary unique 3rd party rep after Sephiroth will be somebody more iconic from Sonic or Street Fighter like Tails, Dr. Eggman, or Chun-Li.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Would you guys personally want the original version or the 3DS one? I have played the original one so many times already, even on emulator, but I never played the 3DS games… Even tho I'm aware MM3D is somehow inferior in certain mechanics, I really would like to play that version on switch lol. What do you guys want from Zelda to be announced in general?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Would you guys personally want the original version or the 3DS one? I have played the original one so many times already, even on emulator, but I never played the 3DS games… Even tho I'm aware MM3D is somehow inferior in certain mechanics, I really would like to play that version on switch lol. What do you guys want from Zelda to be announced in general?
I personally love the 3DS version, however I think I’d like the original version’s bosses better. Haven’t played it in a while so I’m not sure of the specifics, but I think I remember N64 Goht being nicer. 3DS Twinmold is really cool though, maybe with some fine-tuning on the mechanics and without the big eye weakspot. I still liked the eye-weakspot fights, but the originals did seem nicer tbh.

I also didn’t mind the new Zora Link swimming mechanics, I think I was still able to handle them nicely for the most part (although the faster swim-aura-thing could be annoying since I’m an amputee and can’t get the R button and the others at the same time easily without using my leg...though I guess the N64 version had something like that too iirc, tbh I don’t remember the specifics of it either; need to play it again sometime).

So, idk, either version would be good if not a fine-tuned/remastered version imo.

If Zelda stuff is shown in the direct, I’m personally hoping for remastered ports, hopefully better than the Mario ones (I still liked those but tbh they really could’ve done more). Or a new game with Skull Kid as an important character, I’d love that. New BotW 2 information would be cool, though personally I don’t care about that as much since I haven’t played the first one yet, but it’d still be neat to see.

One thing I think would be awesome is a remake of the original Zelda, with new graphics and stuff like A Link Between Worlds (but still the same basic story though some new stuff would be cool).

Last edited:
Top Bottom