• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marx Rolls In! - "Now I can cause all the mischief I want!" - Dream Friend DLC Has Launched!

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Opening post has been updated with the roster image provided by Sailor Waddle Dee, as well as the movesets made by MrElectroG64 and PhilosophicAnimal!

Great work, guys; the movesets are great, as is the roster pic! You're all really bringing this thread together!

I'll be adding more stuff to OP today.
Cool!:grin: Everything is looking spectacular so far, very clean and well organized. So allow me to thank you too!

It's really exciting to see the formation of this alliance, and to be a part of it. We are still small (not even two pages yet...soon!), but there certainly seems to be a great energy here.

The only question is, since we're Marx's followers...aren't we technically evil?

Existential questions, lol.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Darnit, beat to the punch on the moveset front. Anyways, here's mine. I'm open to making changes, as some attacks were just made because I couldn't think of anything else (Up-Smash in particular).

upload_2018-3-14_17-13-47.png

Marx Rolls In!

Marx is a character from the Kirby series, most notable as Final Boss in Kirby Super Star. Between this and his recent return in Kirby: Star Allies, there’s more than enough to make a Smash moveset.

Stats

In SSB, Marx (mostly) is in his Star Allies form, with his Wings and Ball coming when needed. When it comes to stats, he’s relatively slow, being slower than Olimar. Contrary to this, he’s actually quite good in the air, having the air speed of Roy and the fall speed of Villager. He’s a Light Mid-Weight, being slightly heavier then Peach.

When dashing, he uses his ball. While dashing, he has something similar to Bowser’s Tough Guy ability, where weaker attacks don’t make him flinch, but just go into a walk. The ball bounces around and does some weak damage before popping about 4 seconds later.

Basic Moves

Jab Combo: Marx’s Jab Combo is a kick from each of his legs, followed by the final attack being him using his wing. The kicks do 3% each, with the wing dealing 6%.

Dash Attack: he trips, which causes him to fall, dealing 7% damage. Since he falls of the ball in this attack, it functions how it does if he gets attacked mid-dash.

Up-Tilt: He uses one of his wings to do an attack upwards, similar to Villager’s up-tilt. Comparatively, it has more range, but does less damage (4%).

Down-Tilt: He splits in half, similar to Mirror Kirby. The attack does 6% damage

Side Tilt: He kicks his ball in front of him. The kick does 5%. The ball keeps going forward until it falls off the stage or hits an opponent, in which case it pops and deals 6%. If there’s a player right in front of Marx when this attack happens, the ball cannot damage them (right away).

Aerials

Neutral-Air: He does a much weaker version of the Black Hole attack. It does residual damage that adds up to 8%, plus a slight gravitational pull.

Up-Air: He sends up some prickly thorns that deal 6% damage straight up. The attack has decent range and can even tether grab!

Front/Back-Air: He does an attack very similar to the down-tilt, but with less range and more damage (8%). If he touches a ledge, he can grab instantly.

Down Tilt: He sends an Ice Orb downwards, freezing and dealing 11% damage to anyone it hits.

Smash Attacks

Up-Smash: He makes a ball of Pshchic Energy appear above him, similar to PSI Kirby. It can deal up to 13%.

Forward-Smash: He makes a barrage of arrows appear. It’s a multi-hit attack that deals up to 16%.

Down Smash: He make two Plant Towers appear on both sides of him. It does 14%.

Special Attacks

Neutral-B: Beam Charge. Marx charges up an incredibly powerful long ranged attack, but it takes 5 seconds to get it ready. The next time Neutral-B is used once charged, he releases the beam, dealing up to 23%.

Side-B: Black Hole: Marx makes a black hole in front of him. It’s more powerful than the Neutral Air, but it does no damage. It could lead into combos.

Up-B: Teleport. Unlike other character’s teleport attacks, Marx has full control during the attack, like Greninja’s Side-B. To counter this, however, there’s no hitboxes and the range he can go in any direction is a little less. He leaves no shadow, so it could be good for mix-ups

Down-B: Dig. Marx buries himself underground. During this point, he can go around underground, and when he comes out the attack does 16% damage. If used in the air, he falls quickly and spins, dealing light damage on the way down.

Final Smash: Marx Soul. During the final smash, Marx can fly around as Marx Soul, Similar to Super Sonic and Mega Charizard X. To attack, he sends out four cutters downwards, like in Kirby Super Star. He can be damaged, but he has no knockback.

Miscellaneous

Up-Taunt: He bounces on his ball, but he falls off (See KSSU outtakes)

Side-Taunt: Laughs and floats using his wings.

Down-Taunt: Pretends to do his Down Special, but reemerges in the same place 1 second later. Exact same animation, good for mix-ups.

Grab: Captured the opponents with his wings. Pummel is a head-butt. The throws are throws, not too fancy.

Ledge Attack: Uses one wing to attack in-front of him, while the other one stays there until safely on the ground.

For holding items, he uses one of his wings. For midair jumps, he temporarily uses his wings and hexagons shoot out of them, propelling him upwards.

Alts

1: His regular appearance from Super Star and Star Allies

2: Magalor Colors. Marx Soul has his colors from the boss Fight.

3. Sectonia Colors. Marx Soul has Soul of Sectonia’s colors

4. Dark Matter Colors. Soul has 02 colors.

5. Daroach colors. Marx Soul is Dark Daroach colors.

6. Nightmare Colors

7. Haltmann Colors

8. Marx Soul Colors. FS has normal form colors. Side taunt has the lovely sound he makes when defeated in the True Arena.

Something of note: This is my 100th message on Smashboards. Ironically enough, my ORIGINAL Miiverse Marx Moveset was my 100th post there. I like how that lines up (Speaking of, I may post it later on as a joke.)

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Darnit, beat to the punch on the moveset front. Anyways, here's mine. I'm open to making changes, as some attacks were just made because I couldn't think of anything else (Up-Smash in particular).

Marx Rolls In!

Marx is a character from the Kirby series, most notable as Final Boss in Kirby Super Star. Between this and his recent return in Kirby: Star Allies, there’s more than enough to make a Smash moveset.

Stats

In SSB, Marx (mostly) is in his Star Allies form, with his Wings and Ball coming when needed. When it comes to stats, he’s relatively slow, being slower than Olimar. Contrary to this, he’s actually quite good in the air, having the air speed of Roy and the fall speed of Villager. He’s a Light Mid-Weight, being slightly heavier then Peach.

When dashing, he uses his ball. While dashing, he has something similar to Bowser’s Tough Guy ability, where weaker attacks don’t make him flinch, but just go into a walk. The ball bounces around and does some weak damage before popping about 4 seconds later.

Basic Moves

Jab Combo: Marx’s Jab Combo is a kick from each of his legs, followed by the final attack being him using his wing. The kicks do 3% each, with the wing dealing 6%.

Dash Attack: he trips, which causes him to fall, dealing 7% damage. Since he falls of the ball in this attack, it functions how it does if he gets attacked mid-dash.

Up-Tilt: He uses one of his wings to do an attack upwards, similar to Villager’s up-tilt. Comparatively, it has more range, but does less damage (4%).

Down-Tilt: He splits in half, similar to Mirror Kirby. The attack does 6% damage

Side Tilt: He kicks his ball in front of him. The kick does 5%. The ball keeps going forward until it falls off the stage or hits an opponent, in which case it pops and deals 6%. If there’s a player right in front of Marx when this attack happens, the ball cannot damage them (right away).

Aerials

Neutral-Air: He does a much weaker version of the Black Hole attack. It does residual damage that adds up to 8%, plus a slight gravitational pull.

Up-Air: He sends up some prickly thorns that deal 6% damage straight up. The attack has decent range and can even tether grab!

Front/Back-Air: He does an attack very similar to the down-tilt, but with less range and more damage (8%). If he touches a ledge, he can grab instantly.

Down Tilt: He sends an Ice Orb downwards, freezing and dealing 11% damage to anyone it hits.

Smash Attacks

Up-Smash: He makes a ball of Pshchic Energy appear above him, similar to PSI Kirby. It can deal up to 13%.

Forward-Smash: He makes a barrage of arrows appear. It’s a multi-hit attack that deals up to 16%.

Special Attacks

Neutral-B: Beam Charge. Marx charges up an incredibly powerful long ranged attack, but it takes 5 seconds to get it ready. The next time Neutral-B is used once charged, he releases the beam, dealing up to 23%.

Side-B: Black Hole: Marx makes a black hole in front of him. It’s more powerful than the Neutral Air, but it does no damage. It could lead into combos.

Up-B: Teleport. Unlike other character’s teleport attacks, Marx has full control during the attack, like Greninja’s Side-B. To counter this, however, there’s no hitboxes and the range he can go in any direction is a little less. He leaves no shadow, so it could be good for mix-ups

Down-B: Dig. Marx buries himself underground. During this point, he can go around underground, and when he comes out the attack does 16% damage. If used in the air, he falls quickly and spins, dealing light damage on the way down.

Final Smash: Marx Soul. During the final smash, Marx can fly around as Marx Soul, Similar to Super Sonic and Mega Charizard X. To attack, he sends out four cutters downwards, like in Kirby Super Star. He can be damaged, but he has no knockback.

Miscellaneous

Down-Taunt: Pretends to do his Down Special, but reemerges in the same place 1 second later. Exact same animation, good for mix-ups.

Grab: Captured the opponents with his wings. Pummel is a head-butt. The throws are throws, not too fancy.

Ledge Attack: Uses one wing to attack in-front of him, while the other one stays there until safely on the ground.

For holding items, he uses one of his wings. For midair jumps, he temporarily uses his wings and hexagons shoot out of them, propelling him upwards.

Alts

6. Nightmare Colors

7. Haltmann Colors

8. Marx Soul Colors. FS has normal form colors. Side taunt has the lovely sound he makes when defeated in the True Arena.

Something of note: This is my 100th message on Smashboards. Ironically enough, my ORIGINAL Miiverse Marx Moveset was my 100th post there. I like how that lines up (Speaking of, I may post it later on as a joke.)
Well done! I like it. Some highlights I especially like are the down special fakeout taunt and the boss-referencing alt costumes. Your Marx Soul FS seems better, too--I like that it isn't just a transformational FS, but has a particular method of attack (the raining cutters.) You also included damage percentages, something I suck at, lol.

I struggled with the up moves as well...I don't know why, but it's hard to place those for Marx. Maybe because he never attacks upward in his boss fight? Kirby is always below him.

It looks like our movesets share a good few similarities, which is good! That means these moves make sense to multiple people, which bodes well for Sakurai possibly thinking of them, too.:)

Last edited:

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman

Marx Rolls In!

Stats

Basic Moves

Aerials

Smash Attacks

Special Attacks

Miscellaneous

Alts

6. Nightmare Colors

7. Haltmann Colors

Excellent! Added to the OP. Congrats on 100!

Cool!:grin: Everything is looking spectacular so far, very clean and well organized. So allow me to thank you too!

It's really exciting to see the formation of this alliance, and to be a part of it. We are still small (not even two pages yet...soon!), but there certainly seems to be a great energy here.

The only question is, since we're Marx's followers...aren't we technically evil?

Existential questions, lol.
Aww, thank you! I'm glad to see this (maybe evil) group of Dream Friends coming together so quickly. Seems that Marx's manic energy has leaked into this thread, heh! I'll probably do my own take on the jester's moves when his Dream Friend DLC drops!

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Excellent! Added to the OP. Congrats on 100!

Aww, thank you! I'm glad to see this (maybe evil) group of Dream Friends coming together so quickly. Seems that Marx's manic energy has leaked into this thread, heh! I'll probably do my own take on the jester's moves when his Dream Friend DLC drops!
Is it just me, or does "maybe evil" sound like the perfect tagline for Marx? I mean, just looking at him, you wouldn't think there was so very much evil in there. That's his whole deal--innocent until proven evil, lol.

And I look forward to your moveset!

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me, or does "maybe evil" sound like the perfect tagline for Marx? I mean, just looking at him, you wouldn't think there was so very much evil in there. That's his whole deal--innocent until proven evil, lol.

And I look forward to your moveset!
Ha, it's certainly an apt description of the little fella! Innocent Until Proven Evil is a really good one, too. And thank you; hope it comes out good!

Last edited:

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so here I go, taking a stab at a Marx moveset. I see I've been beaten to the punch...but that's ok! More moveset variety can only make Marx look more viable.:)

I put it in a spoiler to keep it from taking up a ton of room...because it is LONG, lol.

Basic moves

Jab: Multi-Arrow Barrage--we all know this one; Marx fires a ton of magic arrows in the direction he's facing. Starts up instantly like Meta Knight's jab, but only in one direction. Middling range, and it has tons of endlag after the finisher (a larger arrow).

Forward tilt: Beam Whip--borrowing this one from Kirby and Waddle Doo, Marx uses the classic energy whip in an arc in front of him. Hits three times at point blank range, pushes foes back to the end of the whip's length. Electric damage, fairly weak, low knockback. Mostly for spacing.

Down tilt: Bite--Channeling Scarfy here, Marx's adorable fanged face turns twisted, and he nips at his enemy's heels. One hit, moderate cutting damage.

Up tilt: Cutter Blades--Marx flings out three spinning blades above his head all at once in an arc, which return after going a short distance (about as far as Ness's yoyo.) Quick and powerful, but does not hit on the sides at all (unlike Ness's yoyo.) Imagine the very same move from Super Star, only one less blade and focused upward.

Dash attack: Mirror Body--just like mirror Kirby's dash attack. Hits on both sides, two distinct hits; one splitting apart, one coming together. Low knockback on first hit, to better connect with the second (though there'll be enough time to block or dodge the second, with good timing.) Better for stage control and messing with opponents than anything else. On a side note, Marx literally splits in two for this, rather that creating double images. A burst of colorful hexagons of the type that makes up his wings replace the mirror effects.

Smashes

Forward: Wing Rush--Marx spawns his wings and charges forward. Goes just a little less far than a Mega Man charge shot. Startup and endlag are both moderate, and its power isn't great, but it does move Marx a fair distance.

Down: Rose Vines--the famous-yet-slightly creepy rose vines sprout on either side of Marx, first one pair and then another (like a wave.) They sprout in sections like always, making this a multi-hit. A powerful final hit (the rose blooming) launches foes.

Up: Ball Bounce--Marx summons his trusty beach ball, bouncing it a short distance into the air with his head, where it pops. Goes about half as high as Shulk's uptilt. Anyone close enough on either side during the headbutt goes up with the ball, to be hit by the pop. Similar to Villager's up smash, but slightly higher and with no fire.

Aerials

Neutral: Black Hole--the classic Marx move. He splits apart quickly in the air, creating a multi-hit void that draws opponents in. Stalls him in the air for the duration, but renders him helpless. Final hit of the void sends anyone hit in random directions.

Down: Ice Bomb--Marx coughs up a black ball, which bursts into ice waves upon contact with the ground or an enemy, even if they're airborne. The waves themselves do very little ice damage, but anyone hit by the actual bomb takes much more. Will freeze at high percentages, causing the enemy to be popped back up to Marx for a follow up aerial of your choice, though black hole is recommended for its pulling effect. Side note: Marx is briefly lifted by the recoil of coughing up the bomb. Helps to chain the aerials.

Forward: Beam Machine Gun--the classic beam dash move, as performed by Marx. Sparks shoot at a downward angle, keeping Marx aloft with a short bounce. The sparks go a fair distance, but do little damage; the sweet spot at their firing point it where the real damage is.

Back: Mirror Cut--Marx whips out a surprising backward flip kick (not unlike the crescent kick Fighter Kirby uses), which leaves behind a sash of rainbow-colored mirror energy. High damage and knockback. A Marx finisher.

Up: Vertical Arrow Barrage--exactly what it sounds like. Good for pushing foes off the top of the screen.

Throws

Grab: Marx summons a black hole directly in front of himself. Has a mild drawing effect. Opponents are held in place by the void.

Pummel: Headbutt. Really, that's it, lol. Marx is about 95% head, so it makes sense, right?

Forward throw: Beam Capture Release--Just like the Beam move, the grabbed foe flies diagonally up and forward, a chain of green energy connecting them to Marx. At the end of the move is a powerful shock, which can also damage others. A good dead-weight KO move.

Backward throw: Wing Warp--Marx warps behind his victim, reappearing with wings spread. Pretty decent launch capability.

Down throw: Vine Slam--rose vines entangle the target, briefly lift them, and then slam them back down. Sometimes grounds opponents.

Up throw: Foe Bounce--similar to his up smash, except with the ball replaced by his opponent.

Specials

Neutral: Mouth Laser--the move we all know and love. Chargeable up to four levels. The weakest is similar in power to ROB's uncharged laser, while the strongest is more powerful than Robin's Thoron. Goes the same distance as both of those other moves, at all power levels. Charge can (and should) be stored. Heavy recoil, comparable to Mewtwo's shadow ball. One of Marx's few finishers.

Side: Ball Kick--just like in the Star Allies footage. The trajectory can be changed, and the ball will bounce off of walls and the floor up until it explodes (After a few seconds, or contact with an enemy.)

Down: Floor Eruption--Marx disappears, and a shadowy circle takes his place on the ground. It automatically starts moving in the direction he was facing; after a few seconds, Marx will burst out of the ground, wings spread, for a powerful hit. The movement of the shadow can be changed, but you can only switch directions--it continues to move on its own. The result is that "swing" effect seen in Marx's boss fight. You cannot control when Marx reemerges, making the move predictable...unless you use erratic direction switching to keep your foes confused. Great for mindgames, bit watch the endlag.

Up: Multi-Warp--Marx warps three separate times, reappearing on the third with a cackle, just like his boss fight. The warps don't cover much distance individually, about half of each "jump" of Pikachu's quick attack, and like quick attack, Marx must change direction with each warp--if nothing is pressed after the first input, he will warp back to his starting position, then repeat the same input (basically, moving the distance of one warp.) Additionally, Marx MUST warp all three times once the move begins, unless he is hit out of it in between warps. This means that the move CANNOT sweet spot edges until the last warp. That makes his recovery unpredictable to edgeguarders, but risky as you must aim well. On land, this move is a staple of a good Marx offense, as it's perfect for confusing opponents, leaving them to play whack-a-mole with a warping Marx. Unless they can react in the split seconds Marx is visible (or catch him during the endlaggy cackle), they risk whiffing a smash attack and getting a fully-charged Mouth Laser to the back.

Final Smash: Marx Soul--Nova appears in the background, and Marx turns to face it. After a moment, he turns back around as Marx Soul! He's larger, faster, and creepier. All of his attacks change to their Soul variants and get extra power. Pretty basic transformation FS.

Other bits

Up from ledge attack: a quick bite, similar to down tilt.

Up from prone attack: a smaller version of Mirror Body.

Taunts:

One: Marx balances on his ball, only to slip off (referencing the KSSU outakes)

Two: Spreads wings and cackles.

Three: Splits in half and screeches his soul form's death scream. Awesome for disruption, lol.

Movement and jumps:

Marx walks very slowly--that's because he actually skips! As in the opening to Milky Way Wishes, he bounces from one foot to the other as he moves, just without the ball. He does so even when idle, making it difficult to tell how he's going to appraoch. As for running, he simply sprouts his wings and flies, similar to Meta Knight--he's much, much faster when running, too. A great tactic is to skip along nonchalantly, then suddenly break into a run to surprise foes.

For jumps, Marx sprouts his wings, then sort of "hops", rather than flapping--his wings stay still, and a flat burst of rainbow-colored hexagons erupts at his feet with each jump (only three). It's very floaty, almost dancing kind of movement. Has the second-best lateral air movement, next to Jigglypuff. Does not get much height.

Weight-wise, I'd put Marx between Kirby and Jiggs. He's very floaty and magical, like a beach ball, lol.

Strategy

So, he's floaty, light, and lacks a ton of potential finishers. The key to winning with Marx is in his trickery--mindgames, stage control, and sneaky backstabbing. Act innocent and harmless while you skip around, then turn on your foes with sudden changes and confusing movement as you pepper them with multi-hits. Then when the time is right, fulfill your master plan and blow the enemy away!

Just goes to show...Never trust Marx.

And there it is...whew, that took awhile. The only thing that still bothers me is, I'm not sure how Marx holds anything without hands--the ledge, items, and so on. It seems odd for him to use his mouth...maybe magic? I'm open to suggestions!

Also, I didn't include an entrance/winning animations...maybe later I'll give it a shot. Or you guys can fill in those blanks, if you want.:)

Let me know what you all think!

awesome moveset! I hadn't even thought of incorporating copy abilities into my moveset!

also, on the subject of him holding items, I could totally see him just kind of having them float next to him. not a very exciting reason for it lol, but I'm sure it could be explained away with just being magic.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
awesome moveset! I hadn't even thought of incorporating copy abilities into my moveset!

also, on the subject of him holding items, I could totally see him just kind of having them float next to him. not a very exciting reason for it lol, but I'm sure it could be explained away with just being magic.
Thanks a bunch! I really don't know what possessed me to incorporate Beam and Mirror, but it just seemed to fit. Maybe it's the jester's hat?

The floating items are yet another possible armless solution! Since you bring it up, I did have a strange thought...what if Marx "holds" his items in a black hole-like hammerspace, only bringing them out while they're in use? Not like Villager's special, where it's stored and he can still attack, but basically just making the item he's holding invisible. It would be a neat trickery-type skill for him to have, and nobody else in the roster would have it...but would it be too broken? I can just imagine all the salty players who weren't paying attention when Marx picked up that home-run bat and smacked them with it out of nowhere, lol.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Thanks a bunch! I really don't know what possessed me to incorporate Beam and Mirror, but it just seemed to fit. Maybe it's the jester's hat?

The floating items are yet another possible armless solution! Since you bring it up, I did have a strange thought...what if Marx "holds" his items in a black hole-like hammerspace, only bringing them out while they're in use? Not like Villager's special, where it's stored and he can still attack, but basically just making the item he's holding invisible. It would be a neat trickery-type skill for him to have, and nobody else in the roster would have it...but would it be too broken? I can just imagine all the salty players who weren't paying attention when Marx picked up that home-run bat and smacked them with it out of nowhere, lol.
While I think the disappearing items would be a neat new thing to smash, as well as it fitting perfectly with Marx and his devious ways, it really would be broken lol. I wouldn't be opposed to it though!

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Wouldn't Marx's moveset be ideally based on how he plays in Star Allies?
Probably a mix of that and stuff from his boss fights. We have 3 movesets now, you could check those out. And the Marx Star Allies stuff hasn't dropped yet, so that can only add more.

D

Deleted member

Ok **** it, I support.
Marx really grew on me ever since I started to make communism jokes about him.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I'm down with any new Kirby characters but Marx would be dope.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm glad to see the list of supporters grow so quickly. It seems that he's gaining traction around other places as well.

I'm not sure how smashboards feels about 4chan, but they seem to be becoming big Marx supporters. Does anyone else know of anywhere that seems to be marx supporters?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
Of note is that he has the fire element. The regular is probably still ice. I know you probably noticed that, just making sure.
Yes, I noticed that! Seems that the hexagons of his wings change color to reflect what element he's imbued with. That's a pretty neat way to do it, and I'm happy to see yet another boss move incorporated! Maybe he'll have the huge mouth Laser too?

So, I made this a while back...

Haha, nice!

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Well, I'm glad to see the list of supporters grow so quickly. It seems that he's gaining traction around other places as well.

I'm not sure how smashboards feels about 4chan, but they seem to be becoming big Marx supporters. Does anyone else know of anywhere that seems to be marx supporters?
ConnorEatsPants is a Marx supporter

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
You know, in regards to the moveset I've made, I've been thinking about Marx's moves in Star Allies and have sort of grown to like his small-to-big theme he has going on for him, (of course by that I mean him switching from normal to boss for back and forth). I'd say that I'm done with the first moveset, but would it be okay if I made an alternate one as well? One that features him specifically staying normal on the ground, and only turn into his boss for once he's in the air? (other than maybe smash attacks).

ConnorEatsPants is a Marx supporter
cool! I'm not exactly familiar with him aside from a few videos though. Could you link the one that has him talking about Marx? just out of curiosity. Though on the topic of Youtubers supporting Marx, it seems that the fellows over on the Japan-Time Podcast (aka: Rogersbase, Shofu, etc...) all seem to be Marx supporters as well, though in addition to Bandanna Dee. I guess we could begin to count Youtube as another platform that is in support of the armless jester, which would now make three.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
cool! I'm not exactly familiar with him aside from a few videos though. Could you link the one that has him talking about Marx? just out of curiosity. Though on the topic of Youtubers supporting Marx, it seems that the fellows over on the Japan-Time Podcast (aka: Rogersbase, Shofu, etc...) all seem to be Marx supporters as well, though in addition to Bandanna Dee. I guess we could begin to count Youtube as another platform that is in support of the armless jester, which would now make three.
He's a Twitch streamer primarily these days and only makes Youtube content here and there so it's not readily available but if he makes a video on Smash I'm sure he'd talk about him.

Last edited:

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
You know, in regards to the moveset I've made, I've been thinking about Marx's moves in Star Allies and have sort of grown to like his small-to-big theme he has going on for him, (of course by that I mean him switching from normal to boss for back and forth). I'd say that I'm done with the first moveset, but would it be okay if I made an alternate one as well? One that features him specifically staying normal on the ground, and only turn into his boss for once he's in the air? (other than maybe smash attacks).

Ha, I don't think anyone would be opposed to another moveset!

I'll be starting mine soon enough; 6 days till the DLC, after all!

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Yo Marx literally has a full Smash moveset lets get it.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Sign me the hell up, I've loved Marx ever since I first played KSSU and seeing him come into relevance again has been a pleasure. Been cooking up ideas for Smash and the thought of it excites me. Was checking to make sure there was a thread, if there wasn't I would have made one so good on you for stepping up to the plate. ;)

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Let's get both Bandanna Dee and Marx in Smash. I was considering Dark Matter could be added in his sword form, but Marx is a bit more iconic, not to mention Dark Matter/Zero would make for a fantastic boss in a potential adventure mode.

D

Deleted member

That moveset looks ****ing hype. I can't wait to play as Marx!

Zeox

Smash Champion
Let's get both Bandanna Dee and Marx in Smash. I was considering Dark Matter could be added in his sword form, but Marx is a bit more iconic, not to mention Dark Matter/Zero would make for a fantastic boss in a potential adventure mode.
Is not that is iconic, is that Dark Matter have no legs and is always floating, that would mean he would be flying all the time and that would be a little broken.
Gooey would be a better "dark matter" character for smash because he at least "walks" like Kirby.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god. Marx was always sorta on my list of wanted characters, but this trailer just shot him wayyyyyy up there. The ball could make for such a unique mechanic. He is so full of personality. The moves are great. The animations and faces are perfect. Please add, Sakurai.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I can't really see Marx being playable. But as an Assist Trophy, there are a few things he could do, such as firing Cutter blades, dropping seeds that turn into brambles, firing a barrage of arrows, dropping an ice bomb, or firing a laser from his mouth.

Top Bottom