• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I would think she would be more like an Assist trophy or something rather than an actual fighter.
I'd be thrilled to see her as an assist trophy, but I'd honestly much rather see Tiki. I mean, Tiki transforming into a dragon and just annihilating everything is too good to pass up (plus, I want to see Tiki and Marth together in HD).

Jackson

Smash Lord
I'd be thrilled to see her as an assist trophy, but I'd honestly much rather see Tiki. I mean, Tiki transforming into a dragon and just annihilating everything is too good to pass up (plus, I want to see Tiki and Marth together in HD).
Yes! Lol I married Tiki on my 2nd Awakening play through. It would be great to see her.

WPHP

Smash Rookie
Anyone else think that Marth's character design in Smash 4 looks like the best in the series so far? I haven't really liked the way he looked in Melee and Brawl, but he looks dope in Smash 4.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Anyone else think that Marth's character design in Smash 4 looks like the best in the series so far? I haven't really liked the way he looked in Melee and Brawl, but he looks dope in Smash 4.
I like how he looks in every game but I agree that he looks great in Smash 4. Not sure if I like him more than Melee but definitely up there.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I liked his Melee design. Not a fan of the Brawl design where his hair is straighter. Something about the Brawld design makes it feel like he lacks personality.

The SSB4 design is nice tho.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Because it's for a character who already exists in Brawl, for a game which isn't out yet.

Like, what is there to discuss, really?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'll be camping the demo for all 10 hours it's available here, so I'll be taking tons of notes.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I think the main questions are going to be

Dash dancing? Dash cancelling, all that jazz.
Aerial landing lag?
Comparative range?
Dancing Blade?
Dolphin slash landings? can we edge cancel? Stuff like that
shieldbreaker? sped up? actually insta pops shields?
Check dtilt for IASAs, can you shield out of it or do we need to do attacks.
What's his jab finisher?

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Make a list of stuff for me to check, and I will do my best to check as much as I can.

The station is gonna be on 4-player, so I'm gonna have to stomp the randoms and then evade the last one while testing stuff lol.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Let's bring in a new thing to discuss, do you think that Marth's moveset should represent fire emblem more? Or is it fine the way it is.
Definitely fine the way it is. Marth's moves already represent Fire Emblem surprisingly well.
Things this guy missed were:
Side Smash: FE1 Attack
Side A: (if I'm remembering correctly) Marth attack FE3
Fair: Mercenary attack FE3

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
Definitely fine the way it is. Marth's moves already represent Fire Emblem surprisingly well.
Things this guy missed were:
Side Smash: FE1 Attack
Side A: (if I'm remembering correctly) Marth attack FE3
Fair: Mercenary attack FE3
Wow, the dev team really does think of everything. Even the most obscure of things are referenced.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Wow, the dev team really does think of everything. Even the most obscure of things are referenced.
No kidding. I respect Sakurai so much just for the references he puts into the games.

I mean, he's not the best at balancing, but I'd like to see someone try to put more references into a moveset that works.

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
No kidding. I respect Sakurai so much just for the references he puts into the games.

I mean, he's not the best at balancing, but I'd like to see someone try to put more references into a moveset that works.
The P:M devs do a much better job. Let me qualify that statement by adding that isn't a fair comparison at all: Due to the nature of the PMBR's work they are in a much better position to properly iron out a character's moveset to be both referential and competitive, since they don't work with Sakurai's responsibilities and time constraints. See: Wario in PM v/s Wario in Brawl.

Anyway, a new topic to discuss: Marth's viability! It seems to have gone down the crapper. Best Buy players, prove me wrong.

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
P:M devs do a much better job is an opinion. No reason to try and word yours as fact ~_~
Fine. They do include many more than the official games, whether through movesets, taunts, costumes or even stages and other feature, factually speaking. As I said though, they have the luxury of time and YMMV with regards to quantity being 'better'.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Wario in Brawl and in PM are waaaaaaaaaaaay different to even be compared lol

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I hope Marth's not trash now due apparent nerfs. I don't wanna lose one of my mains.
As I said in another thread, regardless if he is nerfed to hell or not. I'm still using him
Even if Marth isn't as good as before. I'm still using him, I'm just so familiar with his style by this point, I started the style with Roy for crying out loud and the two are the reason I got into Fire Emblem.

Plus this Marth design is my favorite by far. He may not be that high on my favorite fire emblem lord list but in smash his style is just so fun to me along with many others styles.

I don't use him because he is high tier I use him because he is fun and that Fire Emblem has become my favorite Nintendo franchise since Melee

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Did Marth perform a taunt that was not present in the demo in today's trailer? Right after Lucina's game-play sectionthey show Marth and Ike, Marth does an animation I have never seen before. I presume it is a taunt if only because Ike enters and taunts right after him.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Aight, Sakurai confirmed Marth's viability being in the dumpsters by showing Lucina with a Melee/Brawl speed moveset. TIME TO ABANDON SHIP BOYS! We can either accept our slightly more manly Marth, or we can accept the Marth we've always been used to that's a clone of the Marth we know and love and isn't bad!

THIS IS ALL A DEGREE OF THE EXTREME MIXTURE OF SALT, SARCASM AND SALT.

Last edited:

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
So, apparently Sakurai mentioned in an interview that he made Marth and Lucina nearly identical in strength, speed, and special attacks(Not that that wasn't obvious). Assuming this is holding up(Remember. This is is SAKURAI we're talking about), a sigh of relief, or should we remain skeptical? or both, even? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom