• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Video Thread

NoLife

Smash Apprentice
im always afraid he'll hit me while im swatting away fireballs. but i have a problem with my wave dashes in PM. i tend to turn around sometimes so im afraid of wavedashing around and down tilting cause i might be facing the wrong direction. but yeah i should really stop fsmashing so much
when i say down tilt i mean Dash Canceled down tilt...i almost always go in when we r both dash dancing and we both run back at the same time....that leaves a lot of area between us to do the down tilt. u need a lot of area cause marths initial dash lasts forever

Charby

Smash Journeyman
You can clash fireball with fair, side tilt and jab it's not hard , push him to the ledge with dtilt then he can't zone you anymore and attack, i play a lot against mario i guess i could upload some match if you want

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
oh sure. that'd be good. but if i clash with fireball. cant he hit me while im recovering?

NoLife

Smash Apprentice
oh sure. that'd be good. but if i clash with fireball. cant he hit me while im recovering?
u dont "clash" in the air so ur fair will over ride his fireball...which is y i say use fair to swat it away fireballs if ur in the air for whatever reason and use jab if ur on the ground...the jab will clash with the fireball and cancel ur move immediatly

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
mmm i only watch ur match against zelda. but i noticed maybe a bit too much fsmash.

instead of fthrow->fsmash right away. u might be able to go into a combo. like.. i think i saw u fthrow-fsmash at like 10% or somethign and with that alone its not very good damage. once u fsmash someone they're far away and at low% they've already recovered so u cant keep the pressure on.

like... at 2:59 for example. i think you probably could have double fair'd instead. or just down throw. against zelda i dont feel comfortable letting them go back to neutral game so i try not to smash them unless its going to kill.

at low % it's probably more favorable to keep pressure on using tilts, chain grabs, or tech chase down throws.

lol i think on your third stock i saw u throw fsmash like 4-5 times with only 1 of them hitting back when it was low %. i think on someone as floaty as zelda fthrow isnt a great option at high %. it doesnt connect properly

maybe more double fairs mid-combo. I think i mostly saw them around 1:49 but those were only for show or something XP

anyways, good match! i have problems with fsmashing too much as well. #marthlife =P

NoLife

Smash Apprentice
for the love of god lay off the cstick.....but no seriously u fsmash quite a bit and if u play someone who is halfway decent they will wreck u....i was the same way...if u ever play a marth that does this u will find that they r so easy to bait....other than that just stay grounded and work on ur combo/punish game and u should do just fine

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708
for the love of god lay off the cstick.....but no seriously u fsmash quite a bit and if u play someone who is halfway decent they will wreck u....i was the same way...if u ever play a marth that does this u will find that they r so easy to bait....other than that just stay grounded and work on ur combo/punish game and u should do just fine
Thanks

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708
mmm i only watch ur match against zelda. but i noticed maybe a bit too much fsmash.

instead of fthrow->fsmash right away. u might be able to go into a combo. like.. i think i saw u fthrow-fsmash at like 10% or somethign and with that alone its not very good damage. once u fsmash someone they're far away and at low% they've already recovered so u cant keep the pressure on.

like... at 2:59 for example. i think you probably could have double fair'd instead. or just down throw. against zelda i dont feel comfortable letting them go back to neutral game so i try not to smash them unless its going to kill.

at low % it's probably more favorable to keep pressure on using tilts, chain grabs, or tech chase down throws.

lol i think on your third stock i saw u throw fsmash like 4-5 times with only 1 of them hitting back when it was low %. i think on someone as floaty as zelda fthrow isnt a great option at high %. it doesnt connect properly

maybe more double fairs mid-combo. I think i mostly saw them around 1:49 but those were only for show or something XP

anyways, good match! i have problems with fsmashing too much as well. #marthlife =P
Thanks I'm going to upload more later I'll ask for more opinions this weekend

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
haha i feel like every new marth has the cstick problem

<---exhibit A :facepalm:

WPHP

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, my friend and I did some Marth dittos and are looking for tips. We currently know we need to stop roll dodging, but anything else would be appreciated.

Game 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En0ZlwS1WEM&feature=youtu.be
Game 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzzfLIRUims&feature=youtu.be
Game 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obspVeNBS44&feature=youtu.be

Thanks in advance!
Some general advice is practice your fundamentals and spacing. Who ever has the best fundamentals and spacing in a ditto will win.

Charby

Smash Journeyman
I already post this but earlier but if you are playing Marth, never approach by short hopping unless the opponent is already in the air, stay grounded and only use d-tilt and jc-grab

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708

i thought i'd start with these matches first and i see that you struggle dealing with mario. to get rid of those annoying fireballs your best option is to fair as they will eat through them. edgeguarding mario very difficult. try to ban stages like green hill zone, way to easy to up b wall jump there. battle field seem a lot more nuetral but then there are platforms.so i think pokemon stadium is a good choice. edgeuarding wise this is player dependent. some players tend to up b as soon as they up b wall jump. if they tend to do that hog the ledge and dair them when they up b. if the player likes to wall jump and bair or cape refresh you invincibility and force them to land on the stage. from there you can punish them and try not to let them down b right next to you a dair can shut that down quickly. this can put fear in your opponent making them easier to edgeguard[/quote]

Last edited:

Charby

Smash Journeyman
anyone willing to critique my marth. i play marth at 3:11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEkn2jYXs2Q
Learn to sweetspot the ledge with your Up B .
Learn to wd oos to punish with your grab.
If you dash dance go as far as possible otherwise there is no point.
Do not approach a grounded opponent with SHFLL with marth use JC Grab and dtilt instead.
Use D-Tilt
Use MORE D-Tilts

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708
Learn to sweetspot the ledge with your Up B .
Learn to wd oos to punish with your grab.
If you dash dance go as far as possible otherwise there is no point.
Do not approach a grounded opponent with SHFLL with marth use JC Grab and dtilt instead.
Use D-Tilt
Use MORE D-Tilts
lol more down tilts. this was a little bit ago but not to long. I make it a goal to improve my skills everyday so there might be a difference between then and now. as for sweet spotting I can do it , I just tend to forget to do it when i'm not playing really serious. I'll try not to make hat a habit though.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
mmm tasty I'll look over some of them. I had some vids from a weekend or two ago, but the recordings were a bit choppy

Animage

Smash Cadet
youtu.be/-wWq97k4EZ8?t=9m9s
(copy paste link in browser bar, I don't have enough post count to post links yet >.>)
Someone please teach what to do in this matchup

Last edited:

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708
youtu.be/-wWq97k4EZ8?t=9m9s
(copy paste link in browser bar, I don't have enough post count to post links yet >.>)
Someone please teach what to do in this matchup
From what i seen you struggled against the teleport. what can help is learning the distance of the teleport and dash dancing outside the range of it. You were also throwing out f-smashes trying to read the telport but you were only getting yourself punished. Instead when he teleports try reacting to it with counter sometimes. when he got you in the bair combo after the first 2 or so you should've DI'd up and away from him to aviod follow ups because the usual combo DI ( Down and Away ) would've killed you.and Jump Cancel Grab is a great tool to start F-throw-Fair combos. sweetspotting your Up-B is really dangerous against Mewtwo. I was just throwing that out there because Mewtwo can teleport onto the ledge from the stage

Last edited:

Animage

Smash Cadet
Thanks a lot! Also, what's the most effective way to edgeguard mewtwo? Or is he just guaranteed to return on stage everytime with that dang-ass teleport

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708
Thanks a lot! Also, what's the most effective way to edgeguard mewtwo? Or is he just guaranteed to return on stage everytime with that dang-*** teleport
Hog the ledge and wait for the teleport and up air will rising back to the stage or just give him the stage. There's a vid of a non marth main actually causing trouble for emukiller i'll find it for you for refrence

Edit : Found it

http://youtu.be/g2NRK9E1FUc

Last edited:

Animage

Smash Cadet
Well, if you're so kind..
I have a **** ton of trouble against kirby (i get swallowed a lot and I can't seem to follow up on any of my hits, most kills I got were off raw tipper fsmashes), ivysaur (how do i edgeguard), and ness (Idk how to deal with his approach (djc fair, or pk fire))
No clips sry :/
Any general advice for these matchups?

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708
Well, if you're so kind..
I have a **** ton of trouble against kirby (i get swallowed a lot and I can't seem to follow up on any of my hits, most kills I got were off raw tipper fsmashes), ivysaur (how do i edgeguard), and ness (Idk how to deal with his approach (djc fair, or pk fire))
No clips sry :/
Any general advice for these matchups?
For kirby just d-tilt space a bunch and look for early percent combos out of an f throw. I think Down throw f- smash works at high percent if they DI in

for Ivy you can reverse Up-b or bair to edgegaurd Ivy.

for ness's approach if he hits you DI down and away from him. I think you can fair the pk fire

Top Bottom