• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

marth shouldnt be in brawl roy shuld

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okysho

Smash Ace
another one in denial. Roy? Too good for smash? impossible... then Mario shouldn't be in smash. You sir are an idiot. Leave this world at once and go join Roy in "smasher's denial" You fail at both life and smash...

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
I love Roy (primarily for his FE appearence, been a series fan for a looooooong time, so Sealed Sword was basically released yesterday reletive to the other FE games I've played for me)....

But no, there was no reason whatsoever for Roy to be choosen for Brawl over Marth.

Marth is more popular, the seminal lord, a cultural icon in Japan, and has a more recent game, Roy is just cooler IMO.

Though... Siguard would've been cooler (and yes, I know, Marth was still a better choice, but FE 4 is my favorite game of all time!).
agree 90% not the sigurd part although sigurd is pretty cool

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
If only we didn't have countless evidence that states otherwise.

If only Marth wasn't far superior to Roy in both his status in SSBM, but also his status in the FE franchise as the most important FE character in the entire series.

STFU
Well said, my friend.
Wtf why do i need 10 characters now? to stop spamming i suppose, but it doesnt work too well.

I hope this is a joke thread, cause otherwise u need to do some serious research before you post useless threads
Marth is in cause very few ppl played roy and marth was better/played by more ppl/enjoyed more generally. I main marth so im happy at any rate ^_^

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Marth deserved it a lot more than Roy, but being a Roy main in Melee I really wish he would have returned as well as Marth.

vx13

Smash Rookie
I agreed whole-heartedly with everything you said and yes, Roy's Fsmash was too overpowered for online play.

With the damage multiplier at 2.0, his Up+b, Usmash and Fsmash were all instant kills.

I'll miss him.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well i didnt say this before so ill say it here...
Even though I despise both Marth and Roy, I'd rather have Marth around rather than Roy's cheapness. Both me and My Bowser are happy about Roy not being in.

ILOVESMASHBROTHERS

Smash Cadet
everyone knows that roy is better than marth. marth plays are c-stick noobs, roy actually take s skill to play. his f-smash is really good

slashinroy32

Smash Cadet
roy: confirmed for brawl

Well i didnt say this before so ill say it here...
Even though I despise both Marth and Roy, I'd rather have Marth around rather than Roy's cheapness. Both me and My Bowser are happy about Roy not being in.
wow epic noob.

also, roy is gonna be in the europe release just fyi :p
my uncle is friends with sakurai

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
wow epic noob.

also, roy is gonna be in the europe release just fyi :p
my uncle is friends with sakurai
ahh men, seriously that is not even close to funny. PLEASE LET DIE THIS STUPID TREAT.

well i suppose Ill have to spam die in ganons ascent: die treat die treat die treat die treat die treat die treat die treat die treat die treat die treat die treat die treat die treat die treat die treat die treat die treat die treat die treat die treat die treat die treat die treat die treat die treat die treat die treat die treat die treat die treat.
thank ya copypasta

AllGoodNamesAreTaken

Smash Apprentice
Strictly your own opinions. Roy's Fsmash isn't the best move in Melee. You need to hit the opponents with the center of your blade, which is risky. Slow start up compare to the other character's smashes, not to mention the horrible lag if you miss. It's far from being the best move in the game. Marth also surpasses Roy in almost every single way. Marth deserved this spot more than Roy. Why? Marth appeard in two Fire Emblem games as where Roy appeared in one. Marth was also from the game that started it all. Roy is a decent character, but it doesn't mean he should have made it instead of Marth.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
WTF? Another pointless thread. Delete it and save yourself the embarassment please...

Korea4ever

Smash Cadet
-The point was to make characters balanced, not to include stronger characters.
-How are tilt attacks hard to do? Just, well, tilt, and press A.
-Counter isn't that much stronger. If you want a powerful counter, play as Ike.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

Don't people EVER read the last post dates any more? Hell, there's even a warning at the bottom before you post, and this guy isn't even a 10-post new guy!

Come on man, I am disappoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom