• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

marth shouldnt be in brawl roy shuld

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
You guys all realize you're being very unreasonable. This is all extremely unnecessary flaming of some poor fellow who had his hopes crushed by the exclusion of Roy in the Japanese version, and now he (or she? :ohwell: ) has given in to believing the apparent rumors that have been spread all across the internet.

Okay, all kidding aside, stop posting to get your post count up!!! And stop the VERY unnecessary flaming. Personally, I like Roy, and think it would've been cool if he were in the game, but if he's out I don't care either way. I'm pretty sure any rumors about this time are false. but I don't know

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
I don't get the relevance of this thread anymore. *has been lurking for a bit*

I agree with Aleol, we're going a little too far here. It's just a video game. You can always go back to playing Melee if you want your Roy so much, it's not the end of the world here and there shouldn't be this much flaming over fictional characters.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Here is to sum up everything at once.

Marth(I have heard) and Roy are bad in FE. Ike is AMAZING. AFAIK Ike is good in Smash, Marth is a god, Roy ain't so hot.

Marth is better than Roy because:
-Overall more powerful
-better recovery
-faster
-tippers are godly
-best air game
-insane combo ability
-has actual knockback on his aerials
-almost all good/useful attacks
-Marth has one bad matchup, IIRC, Shiek, Roy has a bunch.
-Roy has a strong Fsmash, can OHKO Jiggs and has "teh phirez", thats about it.

Marth is also WAAAAAY higher tier than Roy, and yes, tiers do mean something at top level play, so don't go thinking otherwise.

Marth has been in 2 FE games. Roy in 1. Marth was in FE 1. Roy was in 6... Ike was in 2 FE games. If Roy is still in the game, great, thats fine, but seriously, don't complain that he's not just because you like him, like someone else and get over it.

Since the OP is obviously a troll this really goes out to anyone else who is stupid.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Marth was the first Fire Emblem hero and is the star of three games, including the upcoming DS Fire Emblem. Roy is the star of one game and makes a cameo in another. Sorry, Marth wins this round.
Fire Emblem DS is a remake of the original...

But the OP doesn't know much about FE if he thinks Roy should be in over Marth.

Count Alphez

Smash Rookie
roy has been replaced with ike.

historically speaking roy has very little reason to be in brawl, as he was never part of an english speaking fire emblem and is essentially no more than some random lord in the grand scheme of FE games released. marth was the first FE lord EVER, giving him a spot in brawl is giving credit to the character who started Fire Emblem, Marth deserves a place, Ike deserves a place, Roy has NO place in brawl, he was a clone of marth in the last game. you cant unlock roy until you have marth. MARTH CAME FIRST, in every respect. roys the clone, so boot him. good, done.

Besides, roys slow and sucks. go for Ike if anybody wants to whinge about it

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
I think they ;eft roy out of brawl cause hes too good.
Roy just sucks, and everyone hates Marth because he's too powerful. Why do you think he's LOW TIER and Marth is HIGH? :laugh:

on gmae faqs in this faq i read, it said roys fsmash is the best move in the game.
LMAO, not even close. Dedede's is the best, followed by probably Marth. For Roy's attacks to do anything, you have to hit with the FRIGGIN HANDLE, and you're not doing that anytime soon unless your opponent is in a coma :laugh:

A big discussion going on there right now is on who is the best character in Melee between Roy and Marth.
Gamefaqs is a bunch of ***gy morons. Never listen to them.

I think Roy is better because his counter is a lot stronger but some disagree and say that Marth's tilt attacks are what make him better. but everyone knows tilt attacks arentt as good cuz theyre harder to do. what do u guys thing why isnt roy in brawl hes better than marth!
Counter sucks, and ROFL, tilts can be way more useful than smashes in the game, and they aren't hard to do at all. You TILT the **** control stick and press a button. Wow, so hard. Plus, they're WAY quicker than smashes. Just GTFO roytard :laugh:

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
a quick question: is there ANY reason to let this treath still alive?, if not please report it.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
your join date on smashboards is not the landmark of internets beginning.

i bet you click on those ads that say 'you won a free iphone, enter credit card number here!' because it'd be illogical to assume that was a scam, but instead that it was entirely serious.

it was just copypasta.
nothing is logical nor valid on the internets.
1) 2003. That means *at least* 5 years on the Internet, which means learning about it, which means not being "new". Or do I have to spoon feed the *logical* conclusion to you? Maybe you'd like to define what you mean by "new"?

2) You're pulling assumptions out of your ***. "Betting" I click on adds? Yeah, moving right along, nothing to see here... in fact, the most logical thing to do is, get it, *not* to click on these adds cuz they're probably scams, as no rationnal person would give away their property freely, at least not to a stranger on the Internet. Duh.

Wrong analogy here icraq. Would I be wrong to click on one of the "free iphone" adds? Of course. Would I be wrong to assume that the OP was serious? See, now that could go both ways, but I chose to assume he was serious as no "j/k", "/sarcasm" or other message, was displayed. *That* is why it was a logical assumption to make.

3) I'm putting up a third point because I feel like it. For no reason. See, now *that* is illogical.

4) And here's an opinion, based on personnal tastes, that is *still* illogical: "icraq" is a lame name. :chuckle:

Oh, and you're right: no "thing" is logical, as it's someone, an individual, that got the power to give a rationnal meaning to "something". Get lost.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
marth was considered better by casual and competitive players in melee he's more important to his series and has blue hair (and being a sonic fan having blue hair is awesome by default) and i main him so he's in roys not poey on you (i don't hate roy i just hate it when people say such stupid things)

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
hes not stuped, he knows wat hes talkinga bout. i played this guy in a $ match one time and he was roy and i was fox and he was all like wavedashing an stuff and counturing my lazars and i was like WOW but long story short i loset 100$ :(

and this is why roy is 100x beter than fox n marth combined!

Jibbles

Smash Apprentice
I think the only reason why some people say Roy is cooler is just because he's in a lower tier and they hate Marth because he's almost ridiculous in Melee with his tippers and such. IMO Marth has always been cooler regardless of his tier listing. Blue >>> Red

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Guys, knock it off. How old are we?
First off, slashnroy32, serious or not, you are an idiot. I understand that you are new to the forum, but this is no place to be spamming about roy.
Second, everyone in this thread who claims marth is better than roy and vice versa is a bigger idiot than the ******* that is slashnroy32
> Marth has a better developed meta-game than Roy. he is not a better character. Tiers only exist because of this. All the characters were created equal, meaning no character is better than another.
There are plenty of incredicble roy players out there, and just because your main character is marth does not make you better than everyone else. Its completely legitamate to esimate that there are at least double the amrth players than roys, right?
with double the players, new and innovative ways to play as marth are created. Roy, also has players, but the average marth player is better than the average roy player because of the marth players that innovated his game by finding out techniques and such.
Third, do not ever use tiers to explain why a character is better than another. only about 1/3 of the people truely understand how tiers are created and what they are based on.
For those who dont know, I will give a little explaination....

In short,
The tier list is created by the broomers of this every site, based on the tournement winnings and meta game of each character. the tournement winnings part is the biggest thing, because people who win tournements use characters who have a crazyass meta game like marth.

i wont get in to it anymore because ill just go off into an angry tangent

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
> Marth has a better developed meta-game than Roy. he is not a better character. Tiers only exist because of this. All the characters were created equal, meaning no character is better than another.
*Thinks about giving a rationnal, intelligent answer*

Naaaah! :p

*Laughs at memphischains*

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!11

slashinroy32

Smash Cadet
dood i would pwn u noobs wit roy.

**** son. money match me and ull see

half u noob are prolly brawlies that dont know what L-cancelling even does;)

Locke66

Smash Cadet
BUT OMG GUISE ROY HAS T3H PHIRE!!!
well i liked roy in melee a lot, and if the DLC rumor is true I would be ecstatic. I do think it's possible that more characters would be included in the US release...why else would they need an extra month or two? perhaps the rumor about melee data giving extra chars. is true too.

Anyway, who knows. March 9th will tell all. Just remember, no one thought ROB was in either :p

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
well i liked roy in melee a lot, and if the DLC rumor is true I would be ecstatic. I do think it's possible that more characters would be included in the US release...why else would they need an extra month or two? perhaps the rumor about melee data giving extra chars. is true too.

Anyway, who knows. March 9th will tell all. Just remember, no one thought ROB was in either :p
I don't think they can add a new character in just one month...

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord

Roy is a sticker.
Theres no proof hes in, I didnt think R.O.B. would be in, but those last few weeks we started getting proof. <_< >_> I see none for Roy.
Downloadable content is possible. but not very likely. SSBB Isnt an MMORPG.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
hey, it's already been annouced that there WILL NOT BE ANY DOWNLOADABLE CHARACTER CONTENT AT ALL

So no need more controversy about whether or not Roy will be in or not. He's NOT.

TehBo49

Smash Ace
In an alternate universe, where Brawl does not suc
Brawl has Wifi connection so it doesn't make sense to have some characters in one version & not in another.

Also, memphischains, some characters ARE better than others. If a character is good because their metagame is the most developed, then Sheik is the worst character.

AustiniusRex

Smash Journeyman
Temporary. Soon to be replaced by a zombie-proof
its still possible noobs

every hear of the US VERSION

BET NONE OF U EVER PLAYED IT YET
no we haven't, neither have you. So where the f**k do you get off calling us noobs when we haven't even gotten a chance to mop the floor with you? Get out of SWF, you're stinking up the place.

*edit*
with that being said, this thread needs to be locked.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
dood i would pwn u noobs wit roy.

**** son. money match me and ull see

half u noob are prolly brawlies that dont know what L-cancelling even does;)
The Admiral sees that you need advice: It's not Melee anymore; this is Brawl! Accept the fact that Marth's in, Roy's replaced by Ike, and you need to choose another character to use rather than that overpowered Fire-elemental Marth Clone known as Roy.

And about your money matches, show me a video as proof of you being worthy of facing us, and post it in the melee "Roy" section!

=Samus-Aran=

Smash Journeyman
I personally like Marth better than Roy. Marth is more popular than Roy, Marth is more awesome. Therefore, that is why he is in.

=S-A=

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
This should be on the Roy forums as well.

I could imagine a Roy player arguing how Marth is either lower, equal or better than Roy.

Oh and 1 question, if Roy is better than Marth why does NEO, a freakin Roy master that can beat the best with him, switch to Marth in tournaments?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I love Roy (primarily for his FE appearence, been a series fan for a looooooong time, so Sealed Sword was basically released yesterday reletive to the other FE games I've played for me)....

But no, there was no reason whatsoever for Roy to be choosen for Brawl over Marth.

Marth is more popular, the seminal lord, a cultural icon in Japan, and has a more recent game, Roy is just cooler IMO.

Though... Siguard would've been cooler (and yes, I know, Marth was still a better choice, but FE 4 is my favorite game of all time!).

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
I think they ;eft roy out of brawl cause hes too good. on gmae faqs in this faq i read, it said roys fsmash is the best move in the game. A big discussion going on there right now is on who is the best character in Melee between Roy and Marth. I think Roy is better because his counter is a lot stronger but some disagree and say that Marth's tilt attacks are what make him better. but everyone knows tilt attacks arentt as good cuz theyre harder to do. what do u guys thing why isnt roy in brawl hes better than marth!
Now in Brawl tilts are easier.
In Melee Roy's counterwas less effective because of end lag and hard to use.
Marth's smashes could K.O. at very low percents and his attacks are faster.
Now in Brawl, Marth's in is Roy isn't
Stop complaining and face the facts.
Marth was in Brawl because people liked him over Roy.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
LOL dont ever make a thread again.

Marth > Roy

all the day , everyday

and the game would sell 50% less with roy and not marth >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom