• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

marth shouldnt be in brawl roy shuld

Status
Not open for further replies.

slashinroy32

Smash Cadet
I think they ;eft roy out of brawl cause hes too good. on gmae faqs in this faq i read, it said roys fsmash is the best move in the game. A big discussion going on there right now is on who is the best character in Melee between Roy and Marth. I think Roy is better because his counter is a lot stronger but some disagree and say that Marth's tilt attacks are what make him better. but everyone knows tilt attacks arentt as good cuz theyre harder to do. what do u guys thing why isnt roy in brawl hes better than marth!

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Marth was the first Fire Emblem hero and is the star of three games, including the upcoming DS Fire Emblem. Roy is the star of one game and makes a cameo in another. Sorry, Marth wins this round.

Brawler19

Smash Apprentice
Please do the whole world a big favor and stfu nobody wants to hear you talk junk French Devil Dawg btw most people who brag alot usually suck at the game....

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
well roy is gonna be in the USA release anyways :) o i can still woop marths players

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=145473
"The Story of the Roy & Mewtwo Rumor, as well as the Brawl Roster Leak!

hell i still can't believe people actually think it's possible to have more characters in the American version of brawl than in the japanise version (especially since PKM is more poular in japan and sword of seals wasn't in america)

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
what do u guys thing why isnt roy in brawl hes better than marth!
If only we didn't have countless evidence that states otherwise.

If only Marth wasn't far superior to Roy in both his status in SSBM, but also his status in the FE franchise as the most important FE character in the entire series.

STFU

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
If only we didn't have countless evidence that states otherwise.

If only Marth wasn't far superior to Roy in both his status in SSBM, but also his status in the FE franchise as the most important FE character in the entire series.

STFU
dude, do not waist energy whit those ***ots, even if i seriously hate those people who can't get over the fact that an bishonen who wears a tiara and don't have a spiky hair and have an slim sword (unlimited uses and recovers HP) is actually better (in all senses) than an idiot whit red spiky hair who uses fire and have a gigantic sword (which in FE6 it breaks after 50 uses).

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
dude, do not waist energy whit those ***ots, even if i seriously hate those people who can't get over the fact that an bishonen who wears a tiara and don't have a spiky hair and have an slim sword (unlimited uses and recovers HP) is actually better (in all senses) than an idiot whit red spiky hair who uses fire and have a gigantic sword (which in FE6 it breaks after 50 uses).
Finally, someone else that is able to recognize that Marth is effeminated!

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
omg i completely agree. game faqs is so right about this. i should know because i have like over 2000 karma and everything that goes on on gamefaqs is tru because they know what there talkinga bout. also roy has teh fire!!!1!1!11!111one1!!!

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Why doesn't anyone in this thread seem to have have a competent grasp upon the usage of the English language? O_o

Slashinroy32, you have no idea what you're talking about. Then again, I wouldn't have any idea what you were talking about* either, if I wasn't good at parsing choppy syntax. Actually, your grammar isn't that bad, but it was that bad in your post in the Meet & Greet forums.

Anyway, the lesson to be learned is: Marth is the ****. End of story.

davemg

Smash Rookie
roy better than marth are you joking?
just watch a marth vid w ken, that will change your views
...and i also dont believe the america version can have anymore characters

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Wow, even a ****** could tell he was just making a joke.
I guess fanboys < *******.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Guess all ya want buddy. What, didn't that last song calm you down? You know, bloodshed hua? Nope?

Too bad.

Okay, you have no idea what you're talking about.

This is why Marth, and not Roy, deserves to be in Brawl.

This is the very first Fire Emblem game ever. WIN.
Oh yeah, I just started playing this game (doing my best to decipher it, seeing as I am japanese-illiterate), and it rocks! It's like a mix between Civilization and Final Fantasy, really. Love it.

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
This is a groundless argument. Roy was left out not because of power or strength, but because of the games. Roy was put in the game for advertising reasons, and is therefore not that important to the series. Marth is who made the FE series known, and is the original FE lord. North America and europe didn't know a thing about Fire Emblem until they saw Marth on their screens. He may be an effeminate speedster with a thin sword, but he is far more deserving of a spot than a spikey-haired powerhouse

Smashbot!! don't you know what Roy's counter does?? Shame shame... you should do your homework. It does 1.3333...X the damage of the attack that attacked him. While marth's does a consistant 7% When Roy counters ganondorf's punch, he does 40% of damage, while marth's does.... 7. what does that tell you? roy's is more powerful. marth deserves the spot nonetheless.
Sorry:) couldn't resist telling you off, even if you were being sarcastic:ohwell:

Chokalait

Smash Rookie
Topic maker is an idiot.

Marth's Counter does 7% damage, while Roy's does 3%.

Do your homework first before you spew cr*p out of your mouth.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

This thread is utterly pointless, I think everyone has already acknowledged the fact that the topic maker lacks intelligence and common sense.

To the topic maker- The red lines that appear under the words that you type have significance. USE IT BEFORE YOU POST.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I guess you're new to the internets.
1) Look under my avatar, what do you see? That's right, February 2003.

2) You can't detect "sarcasm" on "the internets". Don't believe me? Well, don't. But that's why so many people here assumed the OP was serious, because it's the most logical thing to do.

3) Now I'm gonna try this one last time, and if it doesn't work *I can't do anything more for you*! Oh, the horror!
There ya go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZBpdJtdLCs

4) Have a rotten day. *Uses piledriver on icraq* :chuckle:

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
1) Look under my avatar, what do you see? That's right, February 2003.

2) You can't detect "sarcasm" on "the internets". Don't believe me? Well, don't. But that's why so many people here assumed the OP was serious, because it's the most logical thing to do.

3) Now I'm gonna try this one last time, and if it doesn't work *I can't do anything more for you*! Oh, the horror!
There ya go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZBpdJtdLCs

4) Have a rotten day. *Uses piledriver on icraq* :chuckle:
your join date on smashboards is not the landmark of internets beginning.

i bet you click on those ads that say 'you won a free iphone, enter credit card number here!' because it'd be illogical to assume that was a scam, but instead that it was entirely serious.

it was just copypasta.
nothing is logical nor valid on the internets.

Eyez

Smash Rookie
Marth is complete garbage in FE, btw. Most of the time he ends up with maxed speed, and terrible, terrible str.

He can't promote either. Though this has nothing to do with smash brothers.

Bensei

Smash Cadet
Did you ever see ZS Marth *shivers**exactly like a Japanese girl* I think Marth is in because he was the first FE Hero, and he's in the Masterpiece

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Marth is complete garbage in FE, btw. Most of the time he ends up with maxed speed, and terrible, terrible str.

He can't promote either. Though this has nothing to do with smash brothers.
True, but he gets leeway for Smash because his game set the standard for the other FEs. Roy doesn't get that, and he's neither an awesome unit nor an awesome character in his game. Ike on the other hand is both.

Staco

Smash Champion
roy better than marth, hahahaha xD
every pro plays marth, nobody plays roy in ssbm!
and in ssbb we have ike

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace

if you haven't realized, this is the internet, in the internet it is impossible to realize someone is being sarcastic, thanks to the fact that there are real idiots whit access to internet (seriusly, one of them wanted "rey misterio" and "Master Chief" in brawl, NO JOKE) + here is impossible to hear the ascent of sarcasm it is impossible to realize that + your user name is: icraq= i craq + your signature makes very easy to tell you're a n00b or a newb (which there is very low chanse from you to be one). And the only way you can use sarcasm in internet is this.

"it's very hard to realize that normal sarcasm it is very hard to do on internetz. only genius people would know that [/sarcastic]".

also have terrible (i mean HORRIBLE) orthography, it actually makes people think you're ********.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I think they ;eft roy out of brawl cause hes too good. on gmae faqs in this faq i read, it said roys fsmash is the best move in the game. A big discussion going on there right now is on who is the best character in Melee between Roy and Marth. I think Roy is better because his counter is a lot stronger but some disagree and say that Marth's tilt attacks are what make him better. but everyone knows tilt attacks arentt as good cuz theyre harder to do. what do u guys thing why isnt roy in brawl hes better than marth!
Marth is better, your a noob and roy is low tier. And gamefaqs is made up of a bunch of noobs that think their bad. STFU.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986

if you haven't realized, this is the internet, in the internet it is impossible to realize someone is being sarcastic, thanks to the fact that there are real idiots whit access to internet (seriusly, one of them wanted "rey misterio" and "Master Chief" in brawl, NO JOKE) + here is impossible to hear the ascent of sarcasm it is impossible to realize that + your user name is: icraq= i craq + your signature makes very easy to tell you're a n00b or a newb (which there is very low chanse from you to be one). And the only way you can use sarcasm in internet is this.

"it's very hard to realize that normal sarcasm it is very hard to do on internetz. only genius people would know that [/sarcastic]".

also have terrible (i mean HORRIBLE) orthography, it actually makes people think you're ********.
go back to grammar school. no one wants to read that blob of text you just threw up. and try using some line breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom