• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth is so boring!

ADHD

Smash Hero
Am I the only one who agrees? There are too many good marth players, and I hardly see a difference from them, except the very best marth players. Are you guys going to be boring online too? I hope not.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
I'll admit that...with limited tech skill, there won't be a HUGE difference in people's styles. Sure, there will be some differences, but not real unique ones like in melee. Which, in the end sucks.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Well I partially agree. Compared to Wario, *of course* Marth is boring (lol opinion), but the counter definitely isn't. :p

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
He's not that flashy, no. But if you happen to face a moderately talented Marth player, I'm sure you won't be bored.

Angry. Frustrated. Maybe cursing The Tipper. But not bored.

If you want "boring" online, just wait for everyone to ***** out the "dark" colors for their characters. I haven't played the game and I'm already sick of "Goth Zelda" (which I was originally excited about).

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226

-Ran

Smash Master
Marth is simple. He has limited range, and has a narrow focus, and thus the basics of him are easy to grab. We truly have no idea what competitive play is going to become akin to in Brawl. It's too soon to judge anything, since everyone is using Melee knowledge to try to predict Brawl. Though the fundamentals of the game are the same [Dodge->Damage->Smash->Spike], the means in which to accomplish it has changed. As a character, Marth has never been flashy, or held any gimmicks. He's reliable, and that's why I like 'em.

00Sn8k

Smash Cadet
Marth annoys me. Hes boring to play as and I don't like fighting him.
Most Marth players I fight/watch online spam Fair and Fsmash. It could be that I have yet to see a cool Marth (Besides Kizzu and Ken) OR it could be that all these Marth negatives gave me some kind of super smash trauma or something, I dunno.

Eltrotraw

Smash Journeyman
Marth annoys me. Hes boring to play as and I don't like fighting him.
Most Marth players I fight/watch online spam Fair and Fsmash. It could be that I have yet to see a cool Marth (Besides Kizzu and Ken) OR it could be that all these Marth negatives gave me some kind of super smash trauma or something, I dunno.
I spam utilt too lol

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
Marth is simple. He has limited range, and has a narrow focus, and thus the basics of him are easy to grab. We truly have no idea what competitive play is going to become akin to in Brawl. It's too soon to judge anything, since everyone is using Melee knowledge to try to predict Brawl. Though the fundamentals of the game are the same [Dodge->Damage->Smash->Spike], the means in which to accomplish it has changed. As a character, Marth has never been flashy, or held any gimmicks. He's reliable, and that's why I like 'em.
I stopped reading after "he has limited range.":laugh::laugh:

True Fool

Smash Ace
If you want "boring" online, just wait for everyone to ***** out the "dark" colors for their characters. I haven't played the game and I'm already sick of "Goth Zelda" (which I was originally excited about).
Unfortunately, quoted for truth. As kickass as Dark Pit is, I'll be picking red, green and gold. There's just too many Dark Pits. We all know the reasons these costumes get spammed, and it makes me so sad. Glad to see that no one seems as interested in high-contrast Marth and Baseball Ness as I am though. Less possibility I'll be that nasty bright color on Wi-Fi.

At least I wasn't too interested in Dark Link and Dark Toon Link in the first place. Gold Link and Classic Toon Link.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Marth was slightly overpowered in Melee, and I think he still is in Brawl. Maybe Marth is overplayed because some of the following reasons:
1. He's a sword character (many people love swords, like me to Pit)
2: He's faster than Ike and has a strong Up+B
3: He's a favorite in the Fire Emblem series (though i never played any)
4: Some people use him because he's a high tier (seriously, why do some go by the tier list?)
5: He gots good-ranged attacks, for a sword character, which some are powerful

Marth is just used way too much in battle, and that's why I think he is boring a bit.

slashinroy32

Smash Cadet
rofl @ the noobs who think marth is 'booring'

youre probably getting your *** handed to you right? thats why youre bored =/

sorry to say it but you suck and you should try playing a new game.

its more booring to get drillshined every time you put up your shield.

if youre friends who own you with marth are so booring, then predict them and hit them when theyre being predictable... or come on smashboards to whine about it

cry more ***g0ts

True Fool

Smash Ace
rofl @ the noobs who think marth is 'booring'

youre probably getting your *** handed to you right? thats why youre bored =/

sorry to say it but you suck and you should try playing a new game.

its more booring to get drillshined every time you put up your shield.

if youre friends who own you with marth are so booring, then predict them and hit them when theyre being predictable... or come on smashboards to whine about it

cry more ***g0ts
YAY! :)

A winnar is you.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Because too many ppl use Marth, we dont get to see other characters being used efficiently (like Ike). Sure Marth is good, or maybe overpowered, but it gets boring to face him (and see him) over and over again. Besides, you cannot get improve much if you're only facing the same character. That's another reason why Marth is boring.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I disagree. Marth isn't boring at all. In fact, he's a fun punching-bag to play against. :chuckle:
Maybe you right, lol he makes a good punchin bag... but seriously.
there needs to be a lot less Marth players so i can see other characters being used efficiently. Sure he's good, but he's not the only character, remember that.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I wouldn't worry about that. I mean, yeah Marth's awesome, but not popular enough that he'll be the "only" character you see online. In fact, I'd worry more about Sonic if I were you... :chuckle:

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I find him fun to play as, but generally, Marth mains aren't very good at using other characters. However, people who truly make use of his hitbox have some hilarious vids. I lost the one I had, but trust me, he's not a huge nub character, you just have to look closer.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Maybe you right, lol he makes a good punchin bag... but seriously.
there needs to be a lot less Marth players so i can see other characters being used efficiently. Sure he's good, but he's not the only character, remember that.
Just how many people actually have the game at this point ._.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
fair fair fair fair....i played with him for a little bit....def sucks not being able to dash dance... i hate tripping!

Top Bottom