• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth for Brawl thread (Fire Emblem DS = FE1 remake)

GenG

Smash Lord

Brace for the inevitable.

The "face of the franchise" is back to show how Fire emblem should be done.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Looks pretty awesome. Hopefully this one will get released worldwide too.

And yeah, looks like Marth's chances have risen dramatically:chuckle:

GenG

Smash Lord
Indeed, and I called it some time ago. The next FE for DS will be a remake for us to know the awesome roots of this franchise :chuckle:

NukeA6

Smash Master
I hope Sheeda makes an appearance (at least as an AT).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
OMG HELL YEAH! That made my ****ing day! =D Go Marth! He's basically all but confirmed now, since he's now the only Lord who's appeared in 3 games! Hell yeah! Love his new look aswell! Where'd you got all this information?

Marth'll be back, no doubt now.

GenG

Smash Lord
T
OMG HELL YEAH! That made my ****ing day! =D Go Marth! He's basically all but confirmed now, since he's now the only Lord who's appeared in 3 games! Hell yeah! Love his new look aswell! Where'd you got all this information?

Marth'll be back, no doubt now.
This comes from conference where Sonic was revealed. Nintendo made quite the day with this, Mario Kart, Advance Wars DS 2, Sonic in Brawl, WiiWare...

If this game is a remake of the *first* game, then they'll have the release the second one... making Marth the first lord appearing in 4 games :dizzy:

Marth for Brawl, you know... advertising, they say :chuckle:

Dragonblader1

Smash Cadet
At Sora.ltd playing a test copy of Brawl.
Woooot! I love Fire Emblem.

T

This comes from conference where Sonic was revealed. Nintendo made quite the day with this, Mario Kart, Advance Wars DS 2, Sonic in Brawl, WiiWare...

If this game is a remake of the *first* game, then they'll have the release the second one... making Marth the first lord appearing in 4 games :dizzy:

Marth for Brawl, you know... advertising, they say :chuckle:
The second game was a side story of the first game that didn't have Marth in it but had some characters from the first game in it. *The more you know*

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Now that's quite the awesome there... From the looks of it, this could very well be the reboot the series - not that it was terribly in need of one like some other franchises, but it is still a very good sign...

And it's a remake of a remake - gotta love it... I guess now we don't really need FE3 translated for the VC (though that would still be nice...).

GenG

Smash Lord
The second game was a side story of the first game that didn't have Marth in it but had some characters from the first game in it. *The more you know*
Maybe are you talking about the Akaneia Chronicles? The second game was starred by Marth.

First game at the left, second game at the right.

And then, the third game, announced today, supposedly a remake of the first one (left again).

Dragonblader1

Smash Cadet
At Sora.ltd playing a test copy of Brawl.
Maybe are you talking about the Akaneia Chronicles? The second game was starred by Marth.

First game at the left, second game at the right.

And then, the third game, announced today, supposedly a remake of the first one (left again).
Oh... I thought you were talking about the series. The series went first with Marth in Fire Emblem 1 and then also in 3 and then Marth wasn't in the 2nd game, Fire Emblem gaiden.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
I mained Marth in Melee, but I like Ike better.
I say no Marth still in Brawl, but this HAS risen his chances slightly.
But still, this game probably won't be coming out until after Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wait, so didn't the second half of Fire Emblem 3 stared Marth? Strange... I did played the game a bit, but never got far enough. To be honest I'm even disapointed in that... Hopefully Marth can promote this time around.

GenG

Smash Lord
Wait, so didn't the second half of Fire Emblem 3 stared Marth? Strange... I did played the game a bit, but never got far enough. To be honest I'm even disapointed in that... Hopefully Marth can promote this time around.
I cleared that in the last page. Marth is the main character in both parts of FE3.

Smash Ace
And then again, people are using Lucas being the lastest character from the series as grounds to say Ness isn't gone.

Be that the case, Ike replaces Marth.

on topic: I'd much, much rather see Roy.

GenG

Smash Lord
And then again, people are using Lucas being the lastest character from the series as grounds to say Ness isn't gone.

By that reasoning, Marth is the last character. The first and the last. The ****ing alpha and omega.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion

Funny... I actually prefer Roy over Marth as well, but that's likely due to the fact that FE6 is the game I've played most extensively (which isn't a whole lot, really) after FE9. Still, Marth is pretty much a shoe-in after today - and I'm not complaining... :)

Zevox

Smash Lord
Woah, and I thought today couldn't get any better after Sonic (I spent the first half of the day with a smile I couldn't get off my face, even though it wound up being painful, and hell if I cared). Fire Emblem DS, a remake of the third Fire Emblem game - man, I'm looking forward to that. Perhaps other old Fire Emblem games might get similar treatment, or this might boost the chances of them getting the virtual console treatment internationally if it goes over well? Exciting thought.

Incidentally, the game will probably be a remake of the third game, not the first, since the third included the entire first game, plus a second half that expanded on the original story. It'd be silly to just remake the first and leave out the expansion of the third (plus the Japanese virtual console released only the third, not the first, for that very reason).

But yeah, Marth has been all but guaranteed since the beginning, but this ought to shut up most of the ignoramuses who didn't realize that. Being the only Lord to star in three games is huge, especially since the third is going to be internationally and be the first Fire Emblem with online capabilities. The Prince of Altea is back, in more ways than one.

Zevox

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
I love fire emblem! Well actually I only played a few and I'm waiting for FE10 for wii. With this game coming out, Marth does have a better chance of getting in.

Keep your fingers crossed. :p

T-major

Smash Champion
sweet! game looks cool; and I'm happy to see another Portable FE game. the fact that it's a remake of the first one makes it even better, because we can see how the franchise all began.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
This is fantastic news! I officially take back everything I said about Marth being an outdated, irrelivant character with no importance to the global Fire Emblem fanbase (I'm assuming that this game will see be released stateside, but that's most likely a given). Heck, his new character design even makes like look like less of a sissy!

Does this increase Marth's chances of being in Brawl? If this game was in development before Brawl's roster while finalized, then I could see it happening. Does anyone know how far along this game is?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Heck yes! I LOVE FE3! I just never got to play the second part of the game because my patch didn't translate that! Now I'm hoping for an FE4&5 Remake too!

vesperview

Smash Hero
I don't know what's wrong with Sakurai... he should have already confirmed at least one of the original unlockables, I mean most of melee's newcomers haven't even been confirmed, hopefully only the three worst of melee will get the ax. and Marth will return.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
This is fantastic news! I officially take back everything I said about Marth being an outdated, irrelivant character with no importance to the global Fire Emblem fanbase (I'm assuming that this game will see be released stateside, but that's most likely a given). Heck, his new character design even makes like look like less of a sissy!
I'd SSBM put Marth into a popular figure globally. It's impossible to count the amount of Marth users/fans, there are to **** many!

Does this increase Marth's chances of being in Brawl? If this game was in development before Brawl's roster while finalized, then I could see it happening. Does anyone know how far along this game is?
Maybe Marth will have Roy's spot this time 'round.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Bring back Marth!

I might as well buy Fire Emblem DS and see what's so great about the series.

JPW

Smash Ace
well i'm looking forward to this no doubt, and it does lift his chances. of being in Brawl.

Screens look good for a DS games. But when are screens the big importance to me. It's Fire Emblem.

I'm just happy to see it released outside of Japan, though I am jealous that they've had FE games for the last 15 or so years.

THey have to let people know it's a remake though or else many of us will think it's FE11. A new chapter in FE worlds.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Despite me being a Fire Emblem fan, for some reason this doesn't seem to excite me (one of the reasons could be my attention is focused on the Radiant Dawn right now). Perhaps it'll peak my interest as more information is revealed.

As for Marth's inclusion in brawl; to me it was never really an issue even before this information about a FE DS game was released. He was the first Fire Emblem Lord after all so he will be included in Brawl.

I'd much rather see a FE4 remake (perhaps in the future) though some of it's storyline may have to be edited due to "incest" :/

-Knight

Top Bottom