• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth for Brawl thread (Fire Emblem DS = FE1 remake)

Zevox

Smash Lord
You referring to Ike? ;P
Ike's never been close to being the face of the franchise. Marth has been around for 17 years, starred in two games, is still one of the series' three most popular Lords even though his last real game came out 11 years ago, and was the star of the animated series. Oh, not to mention being the only non-add FE character in Melee, and highly used in that game, making him a world-wide FE icon as well. The only thing Ike can equal him in is number of games he has starred in - and now with Fire Emblem DS he can't even claim that.

Its like I've been saying for months: if Ike weren't confirmed, it would be entirely accurate to say Marth is more likely to be in Brawl than him. As-is, Ike or no, hes a shoe-in.

Zevox

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I know four characters that have been in more games than Marth. :)

Paula - FE1, FE2, FE3, FEDS
Katua - FE1, FE2, FE3, FEDS
Est - FE1, FE2, FE3, FEDS
Anna - FE1, FE2, FE3, FE4, FE5, FE6, FE7, FE8, FE9, FE10, FEDS.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I know four characters that have been in more games than Marth. :)

Paula - FE1, FE2, FE3, FEDS
Katua - FE1, FE2, FE3, FEDS
Est - FE1, FE2, FE3, FEDS
Anna - FE1, FE2, FE3, FE4, FE5, FE6, FE7, FE8, FE9, FE10, FEDS.
Okay, I know that last one isn't true at the very least - there isn't a single character who is in all of the US-released Fire Emblems (heck, until Radiant Dawn comes out, theres not a single one in more than one of them). Are you just assuming that characters with similar images are the same person or some such?

Zevox

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Okay, I know that last one isn't true at the very least - there isn't a single character who is in all of the US-released Fire Emblems (heck, until Radiant Dawn comes out, theres not a single one in more than one of them). Are you just assuming that characters with similar images are the same person or some such?

Zevox
Nope Anna is in all of them, you know the red headed girl in the options menu, that's anna ;)

EPX2

Smash Ace
Ike's never been the face of the franchise
He's just been the sexiest lord they've made.
Ike's never been close to being the face of the franchise. Marth has been around for 17 years, starred in two games, is still one of the series' three most popular Lords even though his last real game came out 11 years ago, and was the star of the animated series. Oh, not to mention being the only non-add FE character in Melee, and highly used in that game, making him a world-wide FE icon as well. The only thing Ike can equal him in is number of games he has starred in - and now with Fire Emblem DS he can't even claim that.

Its like I've been saying for months: if Ike weren't confirmed, it would be entirely accurate to say Marth is more likely to be in Brawl than him. As-is, Ike or no, hes a shoe-in.

Zevox
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=3014551#post3014551

Zevox

Smash Lord
Nope Anna is in all of them, you know the red headed girl in the options menu, that's anna ;)
That explains that. Its rather off of the point though, since shes never had a starring role, and in fact doesn't exist within the actual worlds Fire Emblem occurs in, but rather plays a secretarial role for the game in general. The note about the FE characters has always been how many games they star in, not those they have minor cameos in (else Roy could be considered a two-game character, because he appears in one cut scene at the very end of Blazing Sword).

Zevox

BoG

Smash Journeyman
I thought Fire Emblem 3 was Sigurd's game for some reason.
Well, Sigurd still has a chance.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I thought Fire Emblem 3 was Sigurd's game for some reason.
Well, Sigurd still has a chance.
Nope, Sigurd's was 4. And yes, yes he does, a fairly good one at that, unless for some reason we get only two FE characters.

Zevox

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Heck yes! I LOVE FE3! I just never got to play the second part of the game because my patch didn't translate that! Now I'm hoping for an FE4&5 Remake too!
Wait a sec... Something that we 100% agree on?! Must be yet another sign of the impending apocalypse... :eek:

In the mean time, give us Seisen no Keifu and Thracia 776 on the VC already, dammit Nintendo! :mad:

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
While Marth has stellar chances of making it back in, I don´t think that this would have affected the probability. It´s too recent an announcement.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
That explains that. Its rather off of the point though, since shes never had a starring role, and in fact doesn't exist within the actual worlds Fire Emblem occurs in, but rather plays a secretarial role for the game in general. The note about the FE characters has always been how many games they star in, not those they have minor cameos in (else Roy could be considered a two-game character, because he appears in one cut scene at the very end of Blazing Sword).

Zevox
I know that Anna doesn't count and I have beat FE7 numerous times and I have never ever seen this little cameo with Roy, the only time I have heard him mentioned in that game is in Eliwood/Hector C supports when Hector was describing his dream which had Roy and Lilina in it (not mentioned by name but it's very obvious who they are).

Wait a sec... Something that we 100% agree on?! Must be yet another sign of the impending apocalypse...
Wait umm I like Celice more than Sigurd though, so we can disagree on that, phew!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Wait umm I like Celice more than Sigurd though, so we can disagree on that, phew!
Celice?! Well that's interesting... Guess the world is safe - for now... :demon:

Are we in agreement that Nintendo better get off their arses and bring the games over to the VC though? (OUTSIDE of Japan, of course - it was done for Sin & Punishment, after all...)

parrothead

Smash Lord
Did anyone know that unlike every other Fire Emblem title, Fire Emblem 3 got its own anime in both, Japanese and ENGLISH?

Sirias

Smash Champion
Lol, Marth, he looks like such a queer.
Most 'main characters' for games are going to be in Brawl, so it's not like any massive topic should be made for Marth.
Although in the series the main character changes, but again, Marth was the first one, I think? At least, he was the main character in the first FE game.
They should bring in Leaf. Leaf is awesome. <3 But they already have Ike and more than likely Marth so Leaf is pretty much out of the question now.
I say put in a magic user! Levin ftw. :D Holsety will PWN.

Shuma

Smash Hero
There goes my wholre FE roester predictions... So now we have Ike, 70% confirmed Marth, Popular Sigurd and Black Knight and Micaiah.

Darn it, you must make it in Black Knight! You must!!!! *cryes*

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Are we in agreement that Nintendo better get off their arses and bring the games over to the VC though? (OUTSIDE of Japan, of course - it was done for Sin & Punishment, after all...)
Hell yes, the FE series is my second favourite series, right after DK

Lol, Marth, he looks like such a queer.
Well that's very narrowminded and judgemental of you. Plus he isn't "queer" he hooks up with Sheeda.

Most 'main characters' for games are going to be in Brawl, so it's not like any massive topic should be made for Marth.
This was important news that would directly impact Marth's chances of returning.

Although in the series the main character changes, but again, Marth was the first one, I think? At least, he was the main character in the first FE game
Yes he was the main character in the first one and the third one.

They should bring in Leaf. Leaf is awesome. <3 But they already have Ike and more than likely Marth so Leaf is pretty much out of the question now.
Leaf is lame. Celice & Sigurd >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Leaf

I say put in a magic user! Levin ftw. :D Holsety will PWN.
Micaiah is the only magic user with a chance, and a bloody good chance too.

If I remember correctly, he was called Mars there, right?
In the anime yes but his official english name is Marth.

Did anyone know that unlike every other Fire Emblem title, Fire Emblem 3 got its own anime in both, Japanese and ENGLISH?
Yes I've seen both episodes on youtube.

Also Serene's Forest says it's a FE1 remake, so I'm pretty sure that's what it'll be. But no matter it will still be awsome and they've updated it to bring in the weapons traingle and created a new character! (Allthough he's another ****ing cavalier).

Zevox

Smash Lord
I know that Anna doesn't count and I have beat FE7 numerous times and I have never ever seen this little cameo with Roy, the only time I have heard him mentioned in that game is in Eliwood/Hector C supports when Hector was describing his dream which had Roy and Lilina in it (not mentioned by name but it's very obvious who they are).
Not sure how you missed it. It was at the very end of the game, almost last scene, where Eliwood and Hector meet back up as old men. They talk about how times have changed, discuss the prophecy Athos gave and current events with Bern, and introduce each other to their children, Roy and Lilina. Then theres an image of Roy and Lilina running off to play together while their fathers look on from behind.

Zevox

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Not sure how you missed it. It was at the very end of the game, almost last scene, where Eliwood and Hector meet back up as old men. They talk about how times have changed, discuss the prophecy Athos gave and current events with Bern, and introduce each other to their children, Roy and Lilina. Then theres an image of Roy and Lilina running off to play together while their fathers look on from behind.

Zevox
It's not there it doesn't exsist, I have all the supports too (Except for Renaud's because he sucks)

GenG

Smash Lord
It's not there it doesn't exsist, I have all the supports too (Except for Renaud's because he sucks)
Since you're Australian, I assume you couldn't see the extra ending because it was removed from the PAL (Europe and Australia) versions.

Zevox

Smash Lord
It most certainly does, and supports don't matter for it. Here, the image I was referring to, taken directly from the fan site Serenes Forest's archives of images from the game itself (link to the site, image #50):

You can also ask any number of fans, its a fairly well-known scene. I'm shocked you managed to miss it somehow.

Edit: Oh, it was removed from some nations' versions? That'd explain that. Pity.

Zevox

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
It most certainly does, and supports don't matter for it. Here, the image I was referring to, taken directly from the fan site Serenes Forest's archives of images from the game itself (link to the site, image #50):

You can also ask any number of fans, its a fairly well-known scene. I'm shocked you managed to miss it somehow.

Edit: Oh, it was removed from some nations' versions? That'd explain that. Pity.

Zevox
Yea, i remember that scene. It wasnt too important to the overall story tho so u didnt miss much.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I hope that the Fire Emblem 1 remix will make it to the states! If it does, then I'll buy a DS!
Theres certainly no reason to think it wouldn't - every other FE game since Blazing Sword has, and Melee has managed to garner Marth more fans internationally than any other Japan-specific Lord.

Zevox

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I hope they expand the story, add supports and Marth FINALLY promoting!!!
HECK YES, But please keep the Falchion as Cheap as it was in FE3 (I haven't actually played FE1 :o) I hope it's a FE3 remake then we get the FE1 sequal or like FE3 like ports FE3 completly and adds another Sequal YES!

Top Bottom