• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Discussion Thread

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
6 is better then zero.

I'm back and sulking.Wasn't pleasant, knocked out the first round. I don't think I'm at the level to take on tournaments like that XD. Too nervous, and agitated and too many mistakes. I guess I can't expect much at my first tourney. I still enjoyed myself in the end and learn some new techs.

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
PD: The lack of any reference to Genealogy of Holy War is simply insulting, no music nor a mere sticker...
Ike's Blue costume colors his clothes like Sigurd's.

But yeah, more Trophies would have been nice...and Roy should have gotten one so he could be posed in the Diorama mode beside his old buddy Marth! :(

yeah, but the thing is Nintendo has the funding to keep it going. I mean, look at Pokemon... It died out years ago, but they're still pumping out episodes... And strangely enough, Ash is still 10?
I thought "Pokemon Diamond" & "Pearl" made it "cool" in people's eyes again (at least for awhile, maybe). (*SHRUGS*)

I have some new Snapshots to share

And Ike's not the only Dragon slayer
I love your screeshots, SilentDrifterZ. :)

One of these days, I should do a major dump of all the rest of my Marth pics.

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
I feel so ashamed, this is the first time a WHOLE page of posts have occureed without me on them. Well i have been busy, sorry for not being on as much.

So tourney next week, AWESOME i gots me controller now :D :D

Pokemon, i see.

Marth is a dragon Slayer, wicked.

I Miss alot of stuff

Also just asking, what is the updates on alliances and who are we looking for, if we are even looking. Just wondering.

Okysho

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if you know yet, but we're now in league with K.I.N.G.S. the DDD group. Not much has happened since then. I'm a little disappointed that we've only had six people sign up for the tournament. Out of that six, there's no telling how many will actually show... which makes things even more disappointing... I hope it'll go better next time...

In addition to that, I've decided that upon the release of FE11 I'm going to make a petition and sending it off to Nintendo of Japan (yes right to Shiggy) demanding that he revives the Fire Emblem project!! (anime/manga/both) I want the Defender's Opinion on this and an estimation of what you think a good number will be for the petition. Also I want to know if you think it'd actually work or not...

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if you know yet, but we're now in league with K.I.N.G.S. the DDD group. Not much has happened since then. I'm a little disappointed that we've only had six people sign up for the tournament. Out of that six, there's no telling how many will actually show... which makes things even more disappointing... I hope it'll go better next time...

In addition to that, I've decided that upon the release of FE11 I'm going to make a petition and sending it off to Nintendo of Japan (yes right to Shiggy) demanding that he revives the Fire Emblem project!! (anime/manga/both) I want the Defender's Opinion on this and an estimation of what you think a good number will be for the petition. Also I want to know if you think it'd actually work or not...
sorry about not being in the tournament, i live in sourth texas and have a bad internet connection so That means TONS of lag, and i hate that

Also I'll help in the petition of FE1/3/11 remakes of manga/anime.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
The Great Return Of Snbm

I AM FREAKING BACK.

FINALY! Its been so long! With the release of the greatest game ever, Smashboards has been overflowing with visits, I havent been able to get on, now I get to go back to adding billions of Marth Videos to the video thread, and not getting paid! Yes!

Hahaha! See you all at the Tourney!

Okysho

Smash Ace
"The terrible children"? That sounds more like a delinquent group to me... kinda like the "killer bees" from windwaker... I'll wait for the rest of the council of this one...

I came to a realization this morning. What if FE11 really is only a remake of book 1? I means, sure, book 1 is all fine and dandy, but book 2 is a lot more catching and completes the story. Are they planning to release it in separate games? or are they just being lazy asses?

Here's what I think they should have done.

Remade Fire Emblem 3 (if they're not, it's yet to be confirmed) Monshu no Nazo for the Wii, but including all the features from a GBA Fire Emblem game instead of the junky PoR or RD features like single-weaponed cavilers/ social knights. That way they could still have the awesomeness of Fire Emblem 3, but with better graphics. They could also take the time to punch in more features, like better bonus maps, art galleries and such (like in PoR and RD) but then they have the option of making their multiplayer mode better. Now I know that my ideas for a Fire Emblem multiplayer probably aren't the best since they don't follow the Fire Emblem playing style at all, so I'll leave that imaginative part to Intelligent systems. Though I still think it should have been done this way. They'd have a bigger audience because of the graphics and attract hidden Marth fans from around the world. Beautiful eh?

Good to see you back SNBM!! Looking forward to the tourney!

When we get a release date for FE11 I'll get that petition started!! What's the best number of people do you suppose?

See y'all later!!

Okyshoooooooo out!!!!

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
uhhh you never played Metal Gear Solid have you Okysho?

Les Enfants Terribles was an experiment to clone the most experience soldier known in the world...or something like that. Snake is literally a clone of the original...and there's like...3 of them and they're called the Children of Big Boss...please don't hurt me Metal Gear fans lol I've never exactly played it, I just watch my friend who been trying to get me into the series.

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
uhhh you never played Metal Gear Solid have you Okysho?

Les Enfants Terribles was an experiment to clone the most experience soldier known in the world...or something like that. Snake is literally a clone of the original...and there's like...3 of them and they're called the Children of Big Boss...please don't hurt me Metal Gear fans lol I've never exactly played it, I just watch my friend who been trying to get me into the series.
you forget to explain why the snaaaaaake to okysho (who apparently had no chance of play MGS). Well every time you die their informist/commander in the screen (the one from the codecs) usually says: "S-nake? S-NAKE? SNAAAAAAKE!!!". Also is a very similar history for raifden "raaaaaiiiiiideeeeeenn!".

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
Oh yea...TIME PARADOX!

*ahem* Anyway, did you ever got to do the S-nake codec with M-arth yet Okysho? I think you'll find that conversation interesting.

Okysho

Smash Ace
No actually... I've never played MGS... I just translated the name from french to english... having said that, I did see the codec conversation between snake and Marth. Rather saddening I must say the way Mei Ling makes it sound anyways... It kinda upset me though how they end the story about two chapters into book 2. both in Marth's trophy and the codec conversation.... Although it gives Marth props for having a more dramatic story, it kinda makes him seem wimpy... which is disappointing...

no comments about my idealistic FE11 remake? ah well... at least sign up for the tourney then! Only 6 people!! 1 more day to sign up!!!

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
eh? I thought the codec made him more heroic and sympathetic, not a wimp. That's what it sounded like to me.

Here's to hoping my Wi-fi works on Friday. It tends to go in and out with the Wii, so I may have to cancel the match at anytime. i hate doing that, but the wi-fi signal isn't exactly the greatest at my place. (though when it does work, it's like heaven).

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
I AM FREAKING BACK.

FINALY! Its been so long! With the release of the greatest game ever, Smashboards has been overflowing with visits, I havent been able to get on, now I get to go back to adding billions of Marth Videos to the video thread, and not getting paid! Yes!

Hahaha! See you all at the Tourney!
I've wondered what happened to you. Welcome back, dude!

I came to a realization this morning. What if FE11 really is only a remake of book 1? I means, sure, book 1 is all fine and dandy, but book 2 is a lot more catching and completes the story. Are they planning to release it in separate games? or are they just being lazy asses?
Man, I hope not!

LOL!!!!

Yaoi Discussion thread!

April fools is AWESOME!
I've seen that discussed elsewhere (I wasn't here on April Fool's Day, so I missed out).

I'm not a fan of Yaoi/gay romance stuff in general, but I will say that Marth's April Fool's name here isn't as bad as the one he had at Brawl Central: "Chris Crocker" (the "LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!" guy). :ohwell: (I do like those forums overall, though.)

No actually... I've never played MGS... I just translated the name from french to english... having said that, I did see the codec conversation between snake and Marth. Rather saddening I must say the way Mei Ling makes it sound anyways... It kinda upset me though how they end the story about two chapters into book 2. both in Marth's trophy and the codec conversation.... Although it gives Marth props for having a more dramatic story, it kinda makes him seem wimpy... which is disappointing...
I've never seen the Codec yet (I don't have Snake yet, and I haven't watched any videos of it).

And yeah, now that I know Marth's full story pretty much, I was hoping that they'd not make that same mistake TWICE, but they did! LAAAAAAAAAAME! >_>

no comments about my idealistic FE11 remake? ah well... at least sign up for the tourney then! Only 6 people!! 1 more day to sign up!!!
It sounds good. :)

Okysho

Smash Ace
awesome! Just dont forget the time!

btw, I placed the names randomly (I actually drew them out of a hat, but considering there was only 6 of them it was kinda limited...) So that's why the pairs are the way they are... It's done in rounds so whichever wins will go to the... semi finals I guess... There'll be 3 winners so I'm not sure exactly how it's going to work...

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
./sigh.

Waiting for Penguinman..

Hes prolly not gonna show up..

I guess this means I win by default? Or... somthing like that.

I HERE BY USE MY AWESOME POWER AS SECOND IN COMMAND TO MAKE MYSELF WIN THIS ROUND. MWAHAHAHA.
With Okysho's Approval.

Okysho

Smash Ace
Sorry excuse:

Ok I wasn't really expecting that, considering I've had a good online record so far not considering battles that have cancelled out on me. In my defence, I'd like to say that, my battle with worldkaos was probably the laggiest battle I've ever fought. (talking about between the button presses and the reaction) it killed me. (you might have noticed that too WorldKaos, you probably hit me a few times with a charged shield breaker and me not notice...) but regardless I can't say that the match doesn't count considering that I did try my best to keep up with the stupid lag... Kaos wins fair and square. Congratulations!

Worldkaos

Smash Cadet
Edit: Never mind, smashboards is being really gay and laggy for me, I didn't see your post Okysho. Sorry for your lag :ohwell: I didn't really have any. We can always try again and hope for non laggy conditions cause that is an extremely lame way to be kicked from a tournament.

Okysho

Smash Ace
yeah I'll give those matches to you. You were pretty well on time and you technically won by K.O.ing me even though I was super laggy, but regardless I'm not gonna be like "REMATCH I HAD LAGS!!!" btw only the first match we had went towards the tournament...

Worldkaos

Smash Cadet
Oh ok, I wasn't sure what was going on when we started doing more. I thought maybe it was best out of 5 or something.

Okysho

Smash Ace
Edit: Never mind, smashboards is being really gay and laggy for me, I didn't see your post Okysho. Sorry for your lag :ohwell: I didn't really have any. We can always try again and hope for non laggy conditions cause that is an extremely lame way to be kicked from a tournament.
Don't let it worry you, it's kinda my fault for putting my Wii in my basement (my router on the 2nd floor) to begin with... I'll move it for the next tournament

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Don't let it worry you, it's kinda my fault for putting my Wii in my basement (my router on the 2nd floor) to begin with... I'll move it for the next tournament

You better, Okysho.

Tomorow... I will take mah prize!

(And not run upstairs two minutes before the match, because I have a bad memory.)

By the Way, Guys. My Brawl Freind code is....

Being sent to you by PMs!

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
CRAP OMG I MISSEDIT! IM SORRY, i was ready and everything, i just had compurter problems and culdnt check my PM's apperntly... Sorry.. i reall would love to try this again..

Okysho

Smash Ace
Did you check the DoA website? because it was posted there since wednesday. You actually did miss your match I think it was at 8:30 ET... but seeing as how your enthusiasm is so nice, if you can get ahold of SDZ and get her to re-consider fighting you, I may change the results for your match (providing if you don't lose like me, due to extreme lag)

Top Bottom