• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth and Snakedashing

Nodrak

Smash Ace
downB

10thousandfistsintheair

Edit: Ok that was obscure. It's easy to see this coming; how often do you see snake run towards a character and not dash attack? When he runs towards you, get that downB ready, he cant slide > upsmash if he's getting hit.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
downB

10thousandfistsintheair

Edit: Ok that was obscure. It's easy to see this coming; how often do you see snake run towards a character and not dash attack? When he runs towards you, get that downB ready, he cant slide > upsmash if he's getting hit.
Yes...

What are your guy's counter to snake dashing? cuz i am currently without one.
...the "counter" to Snake Dashing is, conveniently, Marth's Down + B move "Counter"

Dan_X

Smash Lord
The Snake dash is quite predictable, as such it's easy to avoid. You can shield it, counter it view Marth's "counter." Or, jump and attack with aerials. My friend plays Snake often, as such he loves to Snake dash... You've just got to be quick on your feet.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
The Snake dash is quite predictable, as such it's easy to avoid. You can shield it, counter it view Marth's "counter." Or, jump and attack with aerials. My friend plays Snake often, as such he loves to Snake dash... You've just got to be quick on your feet.
Are you crazy? Snake dash can come out well under a second. AS to the question, I just shield it lol.

LoyalSoldier

Smash Apprentice
A good snake usually uses it to edge camp or take advantage of an opponent that is floating in the air for too long. It is more of a punishing move than an offensive move.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Man there are like 64 frames in a second, and TONS of moves of smash come out on frame 4/6...
Smash runs at 60 FPS. all three of them

Um, i think they are taking about Snake's dash attack (dash+a). Either way, counter it with "counter".
It's not his dash attack only, it's when they cancel their dash attack into an upsmash which causes them to slide about 1/2 or 2/3 of final destination length.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
Are you crazy? Snake dash can come out well under a second. AS to the question, I just shield it lol.
Yeah, you can do a Snake Dash(I prefer calling it Smash Sliding, since other characters can use it too besides Snake) near "instantly", without even doing "dashing animation" if you're fast with the controller.

Even then, it's not too hard to see it coming and counter/shield/dodge at the right moment.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
a skilled marth would counter but if you cant then just shield
the best thing though is to perform an attack but it is very hard to do. if he is far then TRY shieldbreaker it is so powerful that it will shock him and will make him scared of doing it again
another thing to do is to shield and upb when he is close however ts a bit risky
trust me you can win matches just because the oponement thinks that he is playing a too skilled person
btw this is just tourney stuff with friends do watever u want

Top Bottom