• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mars' Quick Guide To Beating Nubs 1.0

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Did one for the Sheik boards, so obviously I had to share one with my Zelda frie........erm associates.;).Ever known you were better than a player you lost too? Did that said player you lost to use a really stupid pattern that you knew you shouldn't have fallen for and are hitting yourself over the head because of it? If you're like me and do better against good players than you do bad ones.......this thread is for you. here are 10 easy steps for you to murder the losers bracket.

1. Always expect the nub to roll into or behind you....fsmash the opposite direction you are facing always.

2. Nubs spotdodge to dsmash a lot.....Naryu's **** nubs

3. If your opponent likes to roll to the other side of the stage and shoot projectiles sit on the other side of the stage and crouch mixing in an occassional dins fire and possibly a shield.

4. Nubs will rush in for dashgrabs a lot especially if you're playing a Falco, Nes etc.......dsmash is your friend.

5. Stand there and shoot Din's fire if you're playing any chracters other than the spacies or Pit.

6. Switch to Sheik after your stock has ended and laugh as they attempt to hit you.....promptly end their stock with an usmash

7. run away

8. nubs will try to dair over you alot just usmash

9. dthrow combos

10. Noobs SH airdodge a lot bait airdodges and punish.

If all of the above don't work.....pick MK.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Awwww well thanks for this my fellow frie..erm associate :)

Option 6 is satisfying! I suppose this is alright for beginner and casual players amongst the site.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
4. Nubs will rush in for dashgrabs a lot especially if you're playing a Falco, Nes etc.......dsmash is your friend.
Nuh uh, it's spotdodge (to avoid the grab), then dsmash. Or spotdodge > Naryu's (especially if they fail at SDI/teching at mid-high damage), but dsmash is generally a better option.

A lot of these tips apply to wifi too...... (hmm)

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I was reading through those tips and noticed you mentioning many of my tactics which made me happy.

Then I realized those tactics were always under the "What the nubs do" category which made me sad.

Interesting thread associate.

Aibou

Smash Master
In my case, I don't exactly lose to those I shouldn't, but I certainly struggle more than I believe I should. This info is interesting to say the least, and is definitely something to keep in mind when I play the more inexperienced people on my friend list.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I'm glad to see this is helping people, i'll update when I have time.

Top Bottom