• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marriage proposal at Smash @ Xanadu

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
I'd like to say this is the most hyped thing I've ever seen in Smash Bros. period, and I congratulate Tantalus and Jess and hope they make something beautiful out of their marriage, and wish all the best of the world for them.

Tantalus is a lucky man, who truly deserves a girl as lucky as his love, Jess. And Jess surely deserves a man with incredible skill, as well as a great personality, like Tantalus.

I wish all the luck for them; through hardships, sickness, health, good and bad, they can definitely Super Smash through it all.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'd like to say this is the most hyped thing I've ever seen in Smash Bros. period, and I congratulate Tantalus and Jess and hope they make something beautiful out of their marriage, and wish all the best of the world for them.

Tantalus is a lucky man, who truly deserves a girl as lucky as his love, Jess. And Jess surely deserves a man with incredible skill, as well as a great personality, like Tantalus.

I wish all the luck for them; through hardships, sickness, health, good and bad, they can definitely Super Smash through it all.
This is the most beautiful thing I've ever read in a comment section. I guess love makes everything better for not only the lovers, but for everyone else as well.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Congratulations to both of them! :D

You see, it always warms my heart when something so nice makes it to the front page. 2015's off to a great start!

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Eh, reminds me of the proposal at AGDQ. I don't know why anybody would do this honestly. Either they already talked about it and it was just for attention or it was spontaneous and a huge **** move because the woman basically cannot say no or else she would make herself look like an asshole in front of thousands of people.
Good wishes anyway.

The Carpenter

Smash Apprentice
This is simply awesome! Even if he placed badly, he still won the whole thing that day lol. Also that commentating was unbelievably funny. Best wishes and many wombos to come

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Feels this is appropriate given the occasion...

Congrats!

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
it's like proposing at a sporting event but even lamer. smh

Last edited:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
inb4MrChansaysHAgay

Nice to see this though. We are commonly associated to some nerdy, basement dwelling turds, but this video shows that we are people with lives who are brought together by the wonders of Smash.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
How are the Smashboards comments worse than the Kotaku comments, i'm telling you the internet has become a horrifying place

Thanks to everyone who, you know, is willing to share support and be happy for a moment like this. Tuesday was Jess' birthday and it was the perfect time because she WORKS at Xanadu (as do I obviously) and I wanted to do it with all our friends there. The stream was a way to record it. We did it before AGDQ anyways.

If you really want to spout negative comments about this, send em to me on twitter @ TheTantalus TheTantalus

ME GRIMLOCH

Smash Cadet
NNID
MeGrimloch
I gotta say i saw this live and it was a beautiful thing to see. Congrats to Tantalus.

RhyRhychan

Smash Cadet
NNID
RhyRhychan
Oh my god that was so sweet, and hilarious, and I loved the commentary of it xD. Maybe one day that will be meeeee. I gotta have commentary now for whoever decides to propose, and it has to be that hype. I'm setting the bar high now. xD

D

Deleted member

That was low, even by my nearly non-existant standards........
If your standards were truly non-existent, then you would have laughed. :p

What the **** do I care that some dude proposed to his chick at a Smash Bros. tournament?

First of all, probably the worst place to drop that question. Second of all, people get married, have children, and die all the goddamn time. I don't know these people, and neither do the majority of people here showing false empathy.

I find it absurd that this actually made news on here. It's vaguely Smash-related.

Only reason I came here was to piss off people who were pretending to genuinely care about something they obviously don't.

Last edited by a moderator:

B0SHI

Smash Cadet
NNID
Smash-Master69
Tantalus shouldn't have to defend his choices on here. I couldn't imagine his proposal being "Lame" at all. Imagine you and your soon to be fiance enjoy something so much you devote your lives to it and spend every waking moment contributing to it because you love such thing so much, which here happens to be competitive smash. Now in a room with all of your friends in a community that is full of respect for you while doing what you both love most you propose to her with the most heartfelt intent insinuating you want to spend your life doing exactly this with her, Both of your passions perfectly in unison, I couldn't possibly imagine any amount of money for any human being could create a better proposal as the fact that they are in love and love what they are doing so much overcomes any possible material value you try to attach to marriage. Congratulations Tantalus on your proposal! and thank you for showing the blossoming of true love in a society that obviously does not understand nor acknowledge such being skewered by current day false morality. SMH

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
If your standards were truly non-existent, then you would have laughed. :p

What the **** do I care that some dude proposed to his chick at a Smash Bros. tournament?

First of all, probably the worst place to drop that question. Second of all, people get married, have children, and die all the goddamn time. I don't know these people, and neither do the majority of people here showing false empathy.

I find it absurd that this actually made news on here. It's vaguely Smash-related.

Only reason I came here was to piss off people who were pretending to genuinely care about something they obviously don't.
A nice investment of your time and ours, for sure.

D

Deleted member

A nice investment of your time and ours, for sure.
Self-amusement is ALWAYS a good investment of my time. I enjoy a good laugh. :p

Tantalus shouldn't have to defend his choices on here. I couldn't imagine his proposal being "Lame" at all. Imagine you and your soon to be fiance enjoy something so much you devote your lives to it and spend every waking moment contributing to it because you love such thing so much, which here happens to be competitive smash. Now in a room with all of your friends in a community that is full of respect for you while doing what you both love most you propose to her with the most heartfelt intent insinuating you want to spend your life doing exactly this with her, Both of your passions perfectly in unison, I couldn't possibly imagine any amount of money for any human being could create a better proposal as the fact that they are in love and love what they are doing so much overcomes any possible material value you try to attach to marriage. Congratulations Tantalus on your proposal! and thank you for showing the blossoming of true love in a society that obviously does not understand nor acknowledge such being skewered by current day false morality. SMH
Yeah, I'm sure that proposing to someone in a room full of pasty nerds after a videogame tournament is something all girls consider romantic and will make them swoon, as their pupils dilate and their hearts palpitate. I'll be sure to take note of that for the future. :rolleyes:

She could have had the romantic sunset by the bay, or beneath the stars in the woods, or at a romantic city like Paris... No, she had it a ****ing Smash Bros. tournament, while he spilled spaghetti all over the place trying convey his proposal.

That will forever be the memory she retains and shares with her friends on her marriage proposal. ****ing jolly choice old chap. I hope to god she likes Smash as much as he does, cause that's all she's getting.

Regardless, my point is pretty much that. What the **** should I care? I don't give two ****s about attractive celebs sealing the knot, why should I care about over-glorified hobbyists doing the same? Why is this news again?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheTantalus

Smash Hero

Yeah, I'm sure that proposing to someone in a room full of pasty nerds after a videogame tournament is something all girls consider romantic and will make them swoon, as their pupils dilate and their hearts palpitate. I'll be sure to take note of that for the future. :rolleyes:

She could have had the romantic sunset by the bay, or beneath the stars in the woods, or at a romantic city like Paris... No, she had it a ****ing Smash Bros. tournament, while he spilled spaghetti all over the place trying convey his proposal.

That will forever be the memory she retains and shares with her friends on her marriage proposal. ****ing jolly choice old chap. I hope to god she likes Smash as much as he does, cause that's all she's getting.

Regardless, my point is pretty much that. What the **** should I care? I don't give two ****s about attractive celebs sealing the knot, why should I care about over-glorified hobbyists doing the same? Why is this news again?
It's news because I'm the man, and the GimZ always wins

B0SHI

Smash Cadet
NNID
Smash-Master69

I understand that maybe you have been romantically challenged in your life but that isn't an excuse to be so rude to the guy like comm'on, this is a super smash brothers community I'm pretty sure %90 of us are going to be atleast somewhat nerdy but I for one take pride in that fact, That's what this community is here for. My god imagine you went to get married and acquaintance's you knew at say your work place ripped you up about and insulted your life choices, your passion and appearance. Holy crap have you atleast a little dignity?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well his name IS ManlySpirit :troll:
This.

It should be common knowledge round these parts that I'm an asshole.

Regardless, I only came to post a joke and have a good laugh. If it bothers you, tough luck.

Carry on with your circlejerk though gentlemen. I won't interfere any longer. :p G'day.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
This.

It should be common knowledge round these parts that I'm an *******.

Regardless, I only came to post a joke and have a good laugh. If it bothers you, tough luck.

Carry on with your circlejerk though gentlemen. I won't interfere any longer. :p G'day.
THAT WAS A JOKE?!

Well, it certainly was funny....AT ALL!!!

KillJay

Smash Cadet
NNID
K0maeda
3DS FC
0361-6214-0350

It's really bad that I can read this and hear Ringabel's voice, right?

Top Bottom