• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's New Voice Actor is Kevin Afghani

Mariova.jpg

After what feels like an eternity, the world finally learned who Mario’s new voice actor is. Yesterday, Kevin Zachary Afghani made the announcement on his X (formerly Twitter) account. He’s voicing Mario and Luigi in Super Mario Bros. Wonder!

As one would expect, this isn’t Kevin Afghani’s first voicing role either. Here’s a list of characters he’s voiced:
Author’s Note: He’s certainly got some massive shoes to fill as Charles’ successor. But hey, going off the voice acting we heard in Wonder? I'd say Nintendo chose wisely, because he nails Mario! I'm also pretty glad they were willing to give someone who doesn't have the world's biggest IMDB page a shot for the role, that's pretty cool. Enough about my thoughts though, what do you think? Please let us know in the comments below!

Credits:
Writing & Editing: Zerp Zerp
Thumbnail Graphic: Zerp Zerp
Social: Zerp Zerp

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

And I hope the fans will be kind regardless of what they think of his performance
Yeah same, I can't imagine how stressful it's gotta be with everyone across the world about to judge whether you're Mario enough or not lol. Going by what we've hard so far though I honestly think he's gonna do great. Couldn't even tell it wasn't Martinet until the "Wonderful!" line, very impressive.

Apparently, he was actually born shortly after the release of Super Mario 64, wtf... So young! But I'm okay with that, because I for one, am currently 23 years old, and have been able to do a very good Mario-voice-impression myself ever since I was like 21 (believe it or not), so for the year of 2023, I can definitely see the credibility of a 26-year old being capable to make his Mario-voice-impression sound incredibly similar to Charles Martinet's!

I kinda wish that Nintendo/illumination made Chris Pratt sound like Mario's actual French Voice in that recent Mario Movie, TBH... but that's okay! I eventually got used to his generic man voice, even if it sounds nothing like the video-game Mario (yes, I know that it would be weird to have Mario's video-game voice heard for a whole/entire hour on the big screen, but they could've at least casted Charles Martinet as Mario & Luigi while doing a voice that goes in-between his Italian & Brooklyn accents, I'm pretty sure about that).

I'm gonna stop complaining now, don't worry!

Last edited:
Apparently, he was actually born shortly after the release of Super Mario 64, wtf... So young! But I'm okay with that, because I for one, am currently 23 years old, and have been able to do a very good Mario-voice-impression myself ever since I was like 21 (believe it or not), so for the year of 2023, I can definitely see the credibility of a 26-year old being capable to make his Mario-voice-impression sound incredibly similar to Charles Martinet's!

I kinda wish that Nintendo/illumination made Chris Pratt sound like Mario's actual French Voice in that recent Mario Movie, TBH... but that's okay! I eventually got used to his generic man voice, even if it sounds nothing like the video-game Mario (yes, I know that it would be weird to have Mario's video-game voice heard for a whole/entire hour on the big screen, but they could've cast Charles Martinet while doing a voice that goes in-between his Italian & Brooklyn accents, I'm pretty sure about that).

I'm gonna stop complaining now, don't worry!
oh no I’m older than mario

Top Bottom