• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Video Bible collection (currently cancelled)

The Cape

Smash Master
I have decided to adapt my "Mariology" video into a small video Bible collection.

A small video at the beginning showing some of Mario's capabilities, then release a small video explaining each matchup for Mario. This can help most of the newer players come to learn the character and understand the basics of the matchups.

Added to the matchups with be a video about these four things:

Uses and setups for F smash
Uses and setups for the cape
Fireballs
and Recovery and survivbility
Possibly: Edgegarding
Current Music List (suggestions welcome):

Doc - Bad Medicine - Bon Jovi or Medicating - Boys Night out
Mario - You're not alone - Saga
Luigi - In the shadows - The Rasmus
Bowser - HeadStrong - Trapt
Peach - Peaches - Presidents of the USA
Yoshi - The Dragon Lies Bleeding - Hammerfall
DK - Welcome to the Jungle - Guns n Roses
CF - I like to move it - Jock Jams
Ganon - That old black magic - Frank Sinatra or Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix
Falco - Freebird
Fox - Foxy Lady
Ness - Bus OCRemix
ICers - Come out and play - Offspring
Kirby - Rock is dead - Marilyn Manson or Stop the Rock by Apollo 440 or 99 Red Balloons
Samus - Black Betty - Ram Jam
Zelda - Angel of Love - Blossom
Sheik - Devil Inside - INXS
Link - Spirit of Fighter - H.O.T
Y. Link - Little Things that kill - bush
Pichu - Thunderstruck - AC/DC
Pikachu -
Jigglypuff - Rollout - Ludicris
Mewtwo - Dare you to Move - Switchfoot
GW - Back in Black - AC/DC
Marth -
Roy - Fire - Scooter or Fire it Up - Zakk Wylde

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Bloody hell. That's the best idea I've heard in my life so far, except for the time when someone told me that Mario's Cape could be best used as a combo continuer on an aerial opponent on gamefaqs.

. . .wait, what?

Seriously though, with a Mario Video Bible, you could accurately show Mario's distinct advantages/disadvantages for each matchup. . .heck, you could even provide audio/text commentary during the matchup clip to make things even more explanatory. Sure as hell beats a giant block-of-text FAQ >_>

It'd be the ultimate Mario resource in the universe. Go for it, Cape.

The Cape

Smash Master
Now, if White Peachy will agree to be my delegate partner for the other char I can start knocking these out here quite soon.

Suggestions for the vids (part of a char matchup), or song suggestions (thinking something that relates to the other char, ex: Bad Medicine for the Doc vid) send to my PM.

Also, flood White Peachy's PM box to make him help me :-p

white peachy

Smash Ace
i will help The Cape no pm's neccessary lol
some music suggestions...(it's what i do) I looked through i-tunes, all themed songs for each character. :laugh:

doc: Vitamin by Incubus (great song...plus it's called vitamin, now come on!)
samus: Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da by The Beatles (life goes on...etc., etc....lol the ***** don't die!!!)
sheik: Minarets/The Last Stop by the Dave Matthews Band/Kashmir by Led Zeppelin (far eastern jams, IMO they work great with sheik stuff. anything with a middle east sound works great with her.)
mario: Working Man by Rush (he's a plumber!!!!)
jiggly: Wake Up by Rage Against the Machine
zelda: Opus Pocus by Jaco Pastorius (magic! lol)
falco: Birdland by The Weather Report (a jazz classic, one of my favorites)
pikachu/pichu: Lightning by Dispatch (mellow, but a good song nontheless.)
c. falcon: Addicted to that Rush by Mr. Big (crazzzzzy bass player, Billy Sheehan, yay!)
y. link: Smells like teen Spirit by Nirvana (he's like two years old lol)
peach: Funky Biotch by Phish (No O in the song title, sweeeeet song)
roy: Fire by Jimi Hendrix
ganon: How I Could Just Kill a Man by Rage Against the Machine
ic's: Freeze Time by 311 (tooooooo cold lol) not sure if i have a good copy of this one though, i'll get back to you.\

more tomorrow...too tired

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Pichu - Lightning Rod by The Offspring

Doc - red, yellow, purple pills by:?

M2 - Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix

Falcon - T.N.T. by AC/DC (I think)

Peach - I'm just girl by Madonna? (hell if I know) someone look it up <.<

Renth

Smash Hero
SwEeT thread cape man, lol make sure you add our Mario vs. Mario match that's comming up man :laugh:
this would be the greatest archieve of mario in the country, no.. nation.. no.. World! no UNIVERSE man go for it cape

RTRM

Smash Apprentice
Alameda, California (Right next to Oakland)
JesusFreak said:
Pichu - Lightning Rod by The Offspring

Doc - red, yellow, purple pills by:?

M2 - Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix

Falcon - T.N.T. by AC/DC (I think)

Peach - I'm just girl by Madonna? (hell if I know) someone look it up <.<

I'm not sure of the title, but its' "Blue and Yellow, purple pills" by D-12
T.N.T is by AC/DC, great song

"I'm just a girl" is No Doubt.

Heh, weird that I know this stuff, I love music. But yeah, I CANNOT wait for these vids!

Cyris_P

Smash Journeyman
Sheik - The Sheik Yerbouti Tango (Frank Zappa)

Ness/Y. Link - Wonderboy (Tenacious D)

Peach - Peaches en Regelia (Frank Zappa) . . . You're gonna love this one.

Roy - Light My Fire (The Doors) . . . I'd start the vid at the solo for this song and go from there.

I just got suggested Preppy Girl (Mad Caddies) for one of the female characters. She's Got A Girlfriend Now (Reel Big Fish) could be decent as well.

Another song that would work for almost anyone is Hong Kong Phooey by Subliime:

Hong kong phooey, he's the number one super guy.
Hong kong phooey, quicker than the human eye.
Oh, hes got style, a groovy smile, a bite that just won't stop.
When the going gets rough, hes super tough
With the hong kong phooey chop.

white peachy

Smash Ace
Cyris_P said:
Sheik - The Sheik Yerbouti Tango (Frank Zappa)

Ness/Y. Link - Wonderboy (Tenacious D)

Peach - Peaches en Regelia (Frank Zappa) . . . You're gonna love this one.

Roy - Light My Fire (The Doors) . . . I'd start the vid at the solo for this song and go from there.

I just got suggested Preppy Girl (Mad Caddies) for one of the female characters. She's Got A Girlfriend Now (Reel Big Fish) could be decent as well.

Another song that would work for almost anyone is Hong Kong Phooey by Subliime:

Hong kong phooey, he's the number one super guy.
Hong kong phooey, quicker than the human eye.
Oh, hes got style, a groovy smile, a bite that just won't stop.
When the going gets rough, hes super tough
With the hong kong phooey chop.

OH YES!!! Good call on Frank Zappa songs. i've got peaches en regelia if he wants it, but you might have to send cape the other. good call man.

LiberalDoc.

Smash Rookie
its about time somebody put together something like this, how about -

Pikachu - Electric Hellfire, Black Label Scoiety

Falco - Little Wing, Hendrix

Marth - The Dance of Eternity, Dream theatre

KillerPlacebos

Smash Cadet
This is a great idea Cape.

Mario/Doc - Who Run It, 3-6 Mafia OR Point of No Return, Immortal Technique
Falco - Hypnotized, Biggie Smalls
Luigi - Kryptonite, Purple Ribbon Allstars
Shiek - Killing Me Softly, The Fugees OR It Was All A Dream, JayZ and Biggie Smalls
Marth - Check My Footwork, D4L(Check this one out, its not a GREAT song, but the chorus matches well)
Dorf - Ain't No Sunshine, DMX (How is this not perfect?)
Fox - Natural Born Killers, Dr. Dre and Ice Cube
Zelda - Diamonds Are Forever, Kayne West
Samus - Ghost, Tupac (The Intro is so killer) OR Bomb Track, Rage Against the Machine
Jigglypuff - Still Ballin, Tupac
C. Falcon - Troublesome 96', Tupac
Link/Y.Link - Regulators, Warren G and Nate Dog
Peach - Soul Survivor, Young Jeezy feat. Akon

Renth

Smash Hero
come on cape man.. i've been waitin for this vid for awhile now get moving to you lazy ******* j/k
keep up the good work man as for music suggestions it seems you've got more than enough as it is :psycho:
and appearantly i can't spell the word "psycho" cause everytime i do it comes out to :pyscho:

WIPE$$$

Smash Journeyman
good decision now you dont have to worry about making the movie flow and all that stuff

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
It'll take up more room on my computer, but this will really give some more in-depth information. I liked the Cape's music ideas the best, except I was glad White Peachy suggested Incubus, one of the best bands in the world. The only problem is, I don't think the song matches the char, despite the title. Oh well, it could work, depending on the cinematography. I'd also rather hear Purple Haze for Ganon. A few other music suggestions:

-A good song for Samus would be Have You Ever by Incubus, or All In The Suit That You Wear by Stone Temple Pilots, not to mention the pun on the latter.

-Down by Stone Temple Pilots- I've always thought this would be a great song for a Link video, it's got a heavy grunge sound that fits Link like his tunic.

-Square One by Coldplay- This could easily fit Peach, but it would depend on the video itself.

-311 or Man or Animal by Audioslave for Fox- While Foxy Lady is an awesome song, I don't know if it fits Fox, not to mention he's supposed to be a guy. I don't know the name of it, but that one that goes "all mixed up, don't know what to do, next thing you turn around and find that person is you, [something something something something] but you know this won't last, so just get up off your ***". Come on, I know someone will know which song I'm talking about. Whatever, but both songs keep up a good pace that fits Fox. Maybe save Foxy Lady for Crystal in SSB3, XD. Actually, that's a thought, maybe it will be more worth it to do something like this after SSB3 comes out, because it's supposedly around the end of this year. But it's all up to you guys.

Anyway, I'm sure I could think of more songs, but I don't have that much time to waste right now.

The Cape

Smash Master
Well it seems that everytime I announce a video project everything goes to hell.

Mario on hiatus for who knows how long, he pissed me off for the last time.

Also, my teammate in this project (White Peachy) is working on some life problems.

Sorry to have gotten everyone's hopes up V.V

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
****, I'm sorry to hear that Cape. I know that playing Mario can be bloody frustrating, so I definitely understand how Mario can piss you off. . .

. . .in any case, here's hoping that you pick him up again eventually--you've got a definite gift for him, if nothing else. If you don't, you've at least given the Mario community a heck of a sendoff w/your Mario combo vid.

Keep on truckin', Cape.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
That does suck, but im sure u'll be able to find a substitute partner somehow. Oh, and just out of curiousity, approximately how much time will be sacrificed in the making of a video like that? Depending on the answer, i could attempt to pick up on it.

PacStrife

Smash Ace
Maybe we can still make this happen. What if lots of people tried out marios for this thing, it doesnt have to be cape. (although that would have rocked) We could make it into a community type of thing. I dont know it seems like a shame to let such a good idea go to waste.

The Cape

Smash Master
Its kind of an instructional video thing.

I can still oversee/run the project. I am just not up for actually doing it and playing the Mario.

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
I know this is a reeeeeeeeeeealy old thread, but this was a great idea Cape. Especially for me who is only just starting out with the lil plumber! Any chance of it being made in the near future? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ! :laugh:

Evil_MARIO

Smash Rookie
Yeah I agree wit ElChibo us mario mains need someone to look up to. lol

Cant wait till it comes out!:chuckle:

Superstar

Smash Champion
But sadly, it is "currently cancelled".

Would be cool if I could make it, but I have no recording equipment, no reputation/tournament skill, and no motivation. Well, at least we have Maelstrom's guide to follow.

Top Bottom