• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Strikers Charged

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Warnings will be handed out if the only discussion is "I added you." or "I'm adding you." If you're going to add someone, PM them and tell them, don't post about it here.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
I've been considering buying this game. Is this game much better than the first one? Because I acutally didn't like the first one all that much... It was just another mario sport game to me.

Any suggestions or reviews from you guys? ign.com gave it an 8.3, but I don't always agree with their ratings. Also, hows the online mode?

Thanks in advance!

primusfan

Smash Ace
I've been considering buying this game. Is this game much better than the first one? Because I acutally didn't like the first one all that much... It was just another mario sport game to me.

Any suggestions or reviews from you guys? ign.com gave it an 8.3, but I don't always agree with their ratings. Also, hows the online mode?

Thanks in advance!
The game is great. If you didnt like the first one, however, you probably wont like this one. There is way more stuff than in the last one, but it's basically the same idea. My advice to you would be absolutely rent it first considering you didnt like the first one.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I played a few matches online only after playing the Strikers 101 tutorial. I actually didn't do that bad. I have 3 wins and 4 losses but the losses were all close matches like 1-0. I was a big fan of the first strikers so I just play the same way I did then. The controls take a minute to get used to but after that I felt like I had never really stopped playing.

This one guy I faced was really good at lobbing shots and I didn't think I stood a chance. Unfortunately for him I have a secret weapon
it really is a secret

The Bino

Smash Lord
Yea i was getting massive amounts of lag whenever i played, and whenever i did ranked matches and the match was over the server would start loading the stats and then i would get an error and it would kick me off..... i should have like 6 wnis and 2 losses from the ranked matches but i have 1 loss and 0 wins and the kicking me off is so gay

the Lag is ridiculous and i was facing Volrec and the connection said it was a 4star connection and it was lagging like crazy

Volrec did you get the massive lag as well as i did

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Yeah, I haven't learned those tricks yet. I was in a hurry to get online. Some guy was using Wauigi to teleport and throw down thes vines.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok so heres my take:

Love this game, with Wi-fi it makes the game always new, being able to play with people u dont even know, and with people u do even tough theyre not there is what i always wanted in a nintendo game...

The only thing it lacks is good music, most of it is just too calmed and not very epic-like... and wtf with waluigis music? is he like a yokel (sp?) or something? :p

The best sidekick IMO is the hammer bro, once it fully charges the killshot (i call them killshots) he jumps in the air, throwing hammers and if the goal keeper is hit he'll get stunned, and perfect opotunity, adn then hammer shoots the ball scoring almost everytime, the mole is good too, and birdo as well but birdo seems just to **** slow in my eyes...

as for the captain, marios good but his special super mario is lacking, it doesnt stun the enemes too long, and when charging the ball u become original mario, and ur wide open for an atatck...
Bowse ris god, his defense shell when he has the ball is very good, and waluigis wall is impressive, but kinda hrd to use IMO...

Overall I love this game, if u wanna change FCs let me know...

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
I was playing the crystal cup and I got to Diddy and lost! The level zapped out both waluigi and hammer bros so i was pretty much doomed since i just use them to score.

Everytime i use drybone's teleport the keeper just knocks me out. I keep trying to teleport behind him, but am always just gettin knocked out by the keeper. Any tips on how to use dry bones better?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah dry bones aint very useful, only his killshot, since it paralyzes the goalie enough to score a goal, but his teleport is uber lame, it has to much start off lag and does work, im planning to take off drybones since i only use him for speed...

Hammer bros are da shiz...

primusfan

Smash Ace
Yea, Dry Bones is very fast. THe teleport is pretty useful too (although Waluigi's teleport is way better).

And yes Stryks, Hammer Bros are the shiz. They definitely have the most powerful shot in the game.

Volrec

Smash Lord
Donkey Kong does. Do you see the freaking curves on that crap? God ****!

I'm gonna add you, chill

Oh, and My team is Waluigi/Dry Bones right/HAmmer Bro left/ and Koopa Back. Undefeatableee.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
OMFG, I cant get online anymore! I keep getting error 98020, and nintendo doesnt have any sort of error for that on their support website so wtf is the point of my knowing the error number!? It keeps saying DISCONNECTED FROM NETWORK DURING DATA TRANSMISSION.

primusfan

Smash Ace
OMFG, I cant get online anymore! I keep getting error 98020, and nintendo doesnt have any sort of error for that on their support website so wtf is the point of my knowing the error number!? It keeps saying DISCONNECTED FROM NETWORK DURING DATA TRANSMISSION.
I have the exact same problem/ I was actually coming to ask if this was happening to anyone else, but you just answered my question. Error 98020??

The Bino

Smash Lord
I keep getting ERROR WHILE GETTING STATISTICS and then i will be kicked off and i can't get online, but if i do manage to get online, its not fun when 85%-95% of my matches have massive lag, and i know it isn't my connection because im always getting a 3 or 4 stars and my Wii is right next to my Linksys Router... so ppl must have some pretty crappy connections or idk what is happening

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
Well I just solved my problem. I just used a different mii and then logged out and then went in with my original mii and it worked.

Edit: Awww Stryks kicked my ***. I beat him in one match and then he beat me the next 2 =(

Stryks

Smash Hero
Lol AS juggernut, thats how I roll, same thing happen with volrec, he beat me the 1st one (there was that annoying lag, in the next rounds it was gone) and won the other 2... im a force to be reckon with XD...

Anyway my team is:
Bowser (all hail king of koopas!)
Dry bones
Boo
Hammer bro (F'yeah)

In case they pic bowser I use mario, but I hate hs special, it doesnt do long enough stun, bowsers flame does but its hard hitting many oponents if ur surrounded, since the turning is so slow...

Volrec fix dat lag...

I use to get error gettin statistics yesterday but Im good today...

mastersmash

Smash Apprentice
ye i get both ERROR WHILE GETTING STATISTICS, and the network transmission whiile getting data, sometimes i win a match and right after it says one of those! it gives me a loss as well wtf? -_- i have like maybe 10 losses cuz of those lol

Stryks

Smash Hero
Chill Im gonna add you, always wanted to play against a mod XD

anyway here it is again, just in case someone wants to add me:
262099 814562

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Do I need to add both your wii numbers and your stiker codes? Because I can see your names popping up but everytime I try to select a match it gives me the impression I also need to add your Wii number.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Okay, is that my friend code for all Wii games, or just for Mario Strikers?

Top Bottom